• Advertisement

The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Re: The Ellie Show: FUN! Edition Part #28

Postby lmmomSD » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Yeah-- a non-allergic reaction is like what Missy and Ollie had. It hurts, but you don't swell. If he was swelling and needed Benadryl, he needs to get an EpiPen and stay away from bees, because the next time will be worse.
I hope people are commenting that on the vlogs and they pay attention. But it's only Jackson. If it was Calvin, he'd be in the ER. Maybe. Ellie would be in the ER for sure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Caisflame wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Jared said he's glad Jackson isn't allergic. Wouldn't he have to be allergic to swell like that? I've been stung dozens of times and I've never swelled up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he say it jokingly? I didn't watch the whole vlog. I agree though, I'm pretty sure when you get stung & you're not allergic, you don't have that sort of swelling. Just a little dot where you were stung that resembles a mosquito bite.

I don't think he was joking! Jackson should have been taken to urgent care and given an epipen in case that happened again. It will be worse next time! I was just reading the comments and a lot of people are also questioning what Jared said and think he's allergic.

They don't take their children when they stop breathing so I guess we shouldn't expect them to take the kids when they have an allergic reaction either.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pink65 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 pm

They don't think he's allergic?! Oh dear! Now I could be totally wrong but I have always heard if you are allergic it gets worse and worse each time you are stung. This is Jacksons 2nd time being stung. I felt like I remembered Jackson being stung before so I went back through and found this video. Haven't watched it since to see what kind of reaction he had then. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/f4b6c87e323b2b853d8f7b40c7988fbf.png[/img]

Pink65
Amateur

Postby PumpkinHead » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:35 pm

Poor Jackson, he looked like a different kid :( I'm glad they didn't film him when he was upset.. but I think I would be more concerned if my kid's face swelled up like that? What if he's allergic? And Ellie seriously didn't know that Benadryl makes you tired? Come onnn *facepalm*
PumpkinHead
Talker

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:53 pm

PumpkinHead wrote:Poor Jackson, he looked like a different kid :( I'm glad they didn't film him when he was upset.. but I think I would be more concerned if my kid's face swelled up like that? What if he's allergic? And Ellie seriously didn't know that Benadryl makes you tired? Come onnn *facepalm*

Haha I thought that was common sense! My youngest has lots of allergies and I always time his benedryl near bedtime. I know in Jackson's case it was urgent. But how can they not know that is an allergic reaction??

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:58 pm

They would have handled that reaction a lot differently if it were Ellie that had been stung. I guarantee it.

It just seems to be the boys that don't rate urgent care.... probably because that would mean extra attention for them and not their mother.

And that was definitely an allergic reaction. My youngest and I have swelling reactions like that to all kinds of bites and we've been told they are allergies. I agree that urgent care would have told them he needs an epi just in case. The fact that his parents didn't take him will signal that it probably wasn't a severe reaction though, and if they do happen to mention it at his next appt they probably won't take them seriously. Good thing they have footage in this case.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby PumpkinHead » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Sorry for the double post, but Jared actually said he's glad Jackson isn't allergic? I've never seen swelling like that in someone who wasn't allergic.. They need to get that checked out. If he's allergic, his reaction could be even worse if he gets stung again.

Although, these are the people who didn't take their child to the hospital when he stopped breathing TWICE.. don't know why I'm surprised that they were so nonchalant this
PumpkinHead
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:03 pm

They're idiots, plain and simple.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby dw30 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Anyone else impressed that Ellie pressure washed the garage and didn't leave it for Jared. It actually surprised me!

dw30
Amateur

Postby Acbsktbll » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:36 pm

mommadrama01 wrote:Jackson's bee sting was sad. His puffy eyes made him look like a completely different child

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It was almost creepy how much his looks changed!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper

Postby winniewise » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:46 pm

dw30 wrote:Anyone else impressed that Ellie pressure washed the garage and didn't leave it for Jared. It actually surprised me!

I'm not surprised at all. Cleaning is her favorite hobby and pressure washing seems like a pretty fulfilling cleaning experience. She usually only makes Jared clean up things she's mad at him for doing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
winniewise
Informer

Postby calliepaige84 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Boat next?

calliepaige84
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:03 pm

calliepaige84 wrote:Boat next?

Truck first, but I'm sure a boat is on the list.

I called this one awhile ago. They are almost more predictable than DB lately.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Yep-- especially because camping wasn't "so fun!". And Ellie can never be happy with what she has.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby natalka81 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:20 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:Boat next?

Truck first, but I'm sure a boat is on the list.

I called this one awhile ago. They are almost more predictable than DB lately.

Have they mentioned if they're going to use their camper ever again?
natalka81
Gossiper

Postby whatsbeyond » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:36 pm

Acbsktbll wrote:
mommadrama01 wrote:Jackson's bee sting was sad. His puffy eyes made him look like a completely different child

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It was almost creepy how much his looks changed!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I'm struggling to finish todays vlog. He doesn't look well at all. Makes me so sad and I'm no Dr, but as a mom I'd be rushing my kid to emerg to get them checked out. Especially if their whole look changed. Too weird.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
whatsbeyond
Amateur

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:58 pm

For those that don't want to watch...

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/df331915ca4aaa903a9fbab0d08ea6ab.png[/img][img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/c97caff2915eac9524a7d4cb9f0c3540.png[/img]

I can't believe they didn't think this was concerning. Just carried on with their day. Fruit snacks cure all in Ellie's world
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby just_me » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:51 pm

I haven't watched an E&J vlog in forever and it's been quite a while since I've visited this forum, but when tapatalk randomly emails you about visiting, you do it. lol

HOLY COW and WTF! Poor Jackson. Having a face swell up like that was definitely a cause for concern and a necessary trip to the ER/urgent care.

That 2nd picture breaks my heart. I can't imagine what was going through his mind when he saw himself in the mirror. It will be interesting to see what happens when he's older and gets hurts, meaning will he be more vocal about seeing a doctor and whatnot.

Personal - My parents were never big on taking my siblings and I to the doctor when we were kids if we hurt ourselves. I sprained my finger once rough-housing with my sister while our parents were out of the house. The joints in my fingers were black & blue and it hurt like crazy. If my friend had not been there to spend the night I don't think my mom would have taken me to the ER. A few years later my sister threw an empty applesauce jar at the back of my head (because my mom said to tell her we needed to help bring in groceries). I went down when it hit me and my face/head/forehead missing hitting the brick fireplace by about 3 inches. I had a huge bump on the back of my head, but never got taken to the ER/urgent care. I was pretty sure I had a concussion too, but you couldn't have convinced my parents of that. I remember that hours later telling my mom that my head still hurt and she felt the bump, but nothing was done. I still have the bump. I don't know if my parents just didn't want to pay the co-pays to take us to the doctor or what. What sucks about not going when I was a child and it was necessary (I still went for regular check-up's, just not emergencies) is that I put off doctor stuff now as an adult. I've had the paperwork to get blood work and x-ray's done since April and still haven't gone.
just_me
Gossiper

Postby onbreak » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:29 am

OMG .. and the dumb smile on Ellies face makes me furious

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Extreme Gossiper

Postby onbreak » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:32 am

just_me wrote:I haven't watched an E&J vlog in forever and it's been quite a while since I've visited this forum, but when tapatalk randomly emails you about visiting, you do it. lol

HOLY COW and WTF! Poor Jackson. Having a face swell up like that was definitely a cause for concern and a necessary trip to the ER/urgent care.

That 2nd picture breaks my heart. I can't imagine what was going through his mind when he saw himself in the mirror. It will be interesting to see what happens when he's older and gets hurts, meaning will he be more vocal about seeing a doctor and whatnot.

Personal - My parents were never big on taking my siblings and I to the doctor when we were kids if we hurt ourselves. I sprained my finger once rough-housing with my sister while our parents were out of the house. The joints in my fingers were black & blue and it hurt like crazy. If my friend had not been there to spend the night I don't think my mom would have taken me to the ER. A few years later my sister threw an empty applesauce jar at the back of my head (because my mom said to tell her we needed to help bring in groceries). I went down when it hit me and my face/head/forehead missing hitting the brick fireplace by about 3 inches. I had a huge bump on the back of my head, but never got taken to the ER/urgent care. I was pretty sure I had a concussion too, but you couldn't have convinced my parents of that. I remember that hours later telling my mom that my head still hurt and she felt the bump, but nothing was done. I still have the bump. I don't know if my parents just didn't want to pay the co-pays to take us to the doctor or what. What sucks about not going when I was a child and it was necessary (I still went for regular check-up's, just not emergencies) is that I put off doctor stuff now as an adult. I've had the paperwork to get blood work and x-ray's done since April and still haven't gone.

Cycle of life
I have Bloodwork order papers from two years ago.. my kids hate that place.. I hate fighting with them. Just routine, I don't feel there's a need.. but if they puffed up like jax I'd be taking then to urgent care asap.. or even the fucking chiropractic quack

onbreak
Extreme Gossiper

Postby navarjul000 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:43 am

HelloSweetie wrote:For those that don't want to watch...

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/df331915ca4aaa903a9fbab0d08ea6ab.png[/img][img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/c97caff2915eac9524a7d4cb9f0c3540.png[/img]

I can't believe they didn't think this was concerning. Just carried on with their day. Fruit snacks cure all in Ellie's world

I'm no doctor, but considering how his face swelled up he should've been taken to the ER ASAP. He should've been checked for allergies.
My youngest sister got stung when she was about 4 or 5 on her neck, but her neck didn't swell up nor did her face, all she had was little red bump.
And knowing this is Jackson's second bee sting and it had a considerably worse effect on him there should be no excuse to not have immediately taken him to the doctor for safe measure at the very least.

navarjul000
Amateur

Postby Rullakebab » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:43 am

Yes they definetly should check if Jackson is allergic and have an epipen and be very careful with bees. Ugh it makes me so angry they never just can't do the right thing.

And also, I'm confused, someone said they are now "keeping things private because of the recent miscarriage" have they said it a vlog/other social media? I haven't watched their vlogs but I got the impression they have been very quiet about the TTC stuff? Could someone please tell me if they have mentioned TTC, miscarriage etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rullakebab
Talker

Postby Rullakebab » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:45 am

HelloSweetie wrote:For those that don't want to watch...

Where Jackson got stung, on his face? It's dangerous if he is allergic :/ poor Jackso and Ellie just grins and Jared keeps filming him.

Rullakebab
Talker

Postby navarjul000 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:48 am

Rullakebab wrote:Yes they definetly should check if Jackson is allergic and have an epipen and be very careful with bees. Ugh it makes me so angry they never just can't do the right thing.

And also, I'm confused, someone said they are now "keeping things private because of the recent miscarriage" have they said it a vlog/other social media? I haven't watched their vlogs but I got the impression they have been very quiet about the TTC stuff? Could someone please tell me if they have mentioned TTC, miscarriage etc?

Other than Ellie tweeting about it being "a month of emotions" for her re: following the miscarriage (period? Who knows) I don't think they've said anything.

[OT] Does it bother anyone else that she called it "a month of emotions" rather than "an emotional month." I'm still not over her grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure ughhhhhh

navarjul000
Amateur

Postby navarjul000 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:51 am

onbreak wrote:OMG .. and the dumb smile on Ellies face makes me furious

Same. It's such an odd reaction, she looks so smug. If my child's face swelled up like that I don't know exactly what I'd look like, but I definitely know I wouldn't be smiling.

navarjul000
Amateur

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared