E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:I seem to be the only one who doesn't thinks the video/timeline is confusing.
They start the video on Aug. 11, this can be confirmed by watching the "They Left Me" vlog. Same exact clothes and footage of them in the back patio in the morning.
Ellie says she has her first doctors appointment in a few days and an ultrasound in FOUR WEEKS.
All footage of Ellie with a striped top and Jared in red plait is from that ultrasound four weeks later, this Sunday.
So the video is various clips of them about to go for the ultrasound (breakfast, kids playing etc), mixed with clips from all 4 weeks she was pregnant.
The ultrasound was this Sunday, not before the California trip as someone suggested.
It must have been from Monday though. They flew home on Sunday.

I think the speculation was because they scheduled a photo shoot for the same day and that's a strange thing to do when you have multiple cause to believe something could be wrong (spotting, borderline Progesterone, history of miscarriage). Though I think they are just arrogant enough to feel like nothing bad can happen to them. The doubts weren't real.

Plus she tweeted about Bryan and Missy being the "pick me up" she needed. I don't think they fudged the dates, but at the same time I wouldn't put it past them.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

bam wrote:
Nuna wrote:I'll admit it, I'm having trouble feeling bad for E&J. I am not a religious person, but I do believe in karma, and so many of us were saying they better hope karma doesn't come and bite them in the ass after what they pulled right? Well it looks like it did. Apparently I'm alone in not exactly being sympathetic toward them.

They faked a miscarriage and (and possibly embellished infertility) and basked in the sympathy and extra views that it brought them. Now they are actually experiencing that and I can't help but feel that it's karma playing out. Would everyone have sympathy for someone that pretended to have Cancer who later got it? I guess I'm just a cold hearted cow because I wouldn't :?

I'm sorry she's sad, but so were the IVF couples they called on MOTHER'S DAY to brag about their good fortune after only one cycle when they had little indication that they were even pregnant. I'm fairly certain Ellie now realizes what error they made now that they've been spanked by the universe. Thats the whole point of karma.
You're not alone. I feel for women who are struggling TTC or keeping their pregnancies. As someone who has had recurrent late pregnancy losses and now PCOS, I feel like it's important for us to cheer on each other because not everyone understands the pain of this journey. But with E&J, I just dgaf tbh. I was so happy for them when they finally got Jackson and even Calvin. With the way they turned out though, I just can't help but feel like reality should be slappibg them hard in the face. Calling struggling couples to announce your pregnancy (which I doubt she was really pregnant)?? Announcing a questionable pregnancy just for a #clearbluead??
I agree. I've also struggled with infertility and I've seen too many perfectly fertile women pretending to be infertile because they think it makes them a special snowflake. It isn't a club that most of us want to join, and I feel the same way about how Ellie and Jared treated the first miscarriage. I feel like they "borrowed" another story to attract attention to their channel, and I have little sympathy for that. They wanted to be in that club and have that sympathy and now they are.

Shame on ClearBlue if they in any way encouraged Ellie and Jared to lie and force a miscarriage storyline.
QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by QweenKris »

HelloSweetie wrote:
alym0326 wrote:One thing I will say is I'm impressed Ellie was proactive and asked to be put on progesterone. I didn't expect her to be proactive about that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except that's not proactive, it's naive. It won't prevent a miscarriage on most cases. Not all women need that. It will only prevent a miscarriage if you have issues with your Progesterone falling.

She doesn't do the things she should do for the conditions she does have, and insists on doing things that will help for conditions there is zero evidence she has.
I was put on progesterone with both of my pregnancies (I have two boys) and both have genital issues - my one son had to have surgery at six months so for her to say it doesn't hurt anything is not true. The progesterone and my sons' issues were directly linked. Also, progesterone doesn't prevent or help prevent miscarriage.

smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Well, this was certainly the first time I have cried during an E&J video. As much as I don't like her, my heart broke watching her as the Dr talked to her.

I do wish she would get help. I know she never will. I can only imagine the shame she would get from her mom if she ever got on medication for depression. She has to keep up that perfect appearance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
manadefe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by manadefe »

Could the miscarriage be related to her poor eating habits?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

manadefe wrote:Could the miscarriage be related to her poor eating habits?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
No... unless she's drinking and doing drugs 24/7 it really can't cause a miscarriage. You SHOULD eat healthy, it helps the baby grow strong, but trust me I've puked and have barely been eating and that's all normal. If she had a real problem like Anorexia (which I don't think she does) then that can harm her baby

PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

amyfalafal wrote:
PenelopeG wrote:Ok I'm putting my 2 cents in only because I happen to be pregnant and on the same time line as Ellie.
I ovulated on July 30. I waited to test til August 15, which worked out on making it easy, it was 15DPO. I have still kept my mouth shut about it because I have had a miscarriage before. Because I had a miscarriage before my OB did blood work right away and an ultra sound at 4w5d. They saw a sac and the lining looked good but it was way too early. She also checked my progesterone to make sure the levels where ok.
Now weeks later I am 8w2d which I don't know why she said she was 8w4d yesterday?? She added days for sure.
I've had spotting issues and because I have a fear of having another miscarriage I have not told anybody. My kids have no idea, my family doesn't know, and my work doesn't know. Just me and my husband. This is why you have to be careful and should wait for 12weeks or later. Yes you can tell people for support but I truly believe on not putting that sadness on anyone else. But that's just me.

Anyway I believed you guys when everyone knew she was pregnant because she was obviously happier. But when I saw her in person at the care bear event.... I changed my mind. 1. Her boobs where small still 2. She was standing in 4 inch platforms for 2 hours straight and 3. When they got to the event Calvin was asleep and she was holding him from the time I saw her get out of an elevator all the way down halfway through the mall. That's at least 8 stores to walk. I, an 8 week pregnant person, could not have done that with out passing out. Yes I know every women is different and she doesn't have to be just like me but after seeing her that day, I just felt like she wasn't.

I feel sad for them because I've been there. But that's why I chose to be so careful now that so far everything has been ok. I'm still choosing til 12 weeks to say anything and I've already had 2 good ultrasounds. I hope they learn. And this also makes me question the first "miscarriage" because anybody who has gone through it, are so scared and paranoid when it happens again. But not happy as a clam Ellie! Why? Because she knew it wasn't really a MC last time

Congrats on your pregnancy but you cant really speak for all pregnant women. Everyone is different, and the way they handle pregnancies in heels or platforms or with multiple children is different. Just sayin.
Thanks. And that's why I said not every women has a hard time like me but I was trying to make the point that not only would that be exhausting, she had Jared. He should have helped her carry Calvin, your not really supposed to be doing any heavy lifting and he is easily 20lbs or more. It was just a long walk lol I feel winded and tired thinking about it. But again I said, I know not everyone is the same.

notavlogger
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by notavlogger »

I worry that Ellie is so obsessed with being skinny that she isn't taking care of her body. It seems dumb to me that a girl who has never done crossfit before decided to go to crossfit very early on in her pregnancy. From what I can see on the blog, I don't think she is eating enough, and I think she isn't taking care of her body in the way she should be. Not saying that lead to her miscarriages at all, but I do think she should start realizing that she can't be anorexic and have a healthy pregnancy.
SweetDreams
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SweetDreams »

Wow guys. I haven't been paying much attention to e&j or ytmd lately (been spending my time on ttc boards), but you did it! You totally predicted this pregnancy! I am not surprised, but also amazed at the same time.

I feel for them with this real miscarriage and agree it was done MUCH better this time. But I could still see the arrogance in that video. I couldn't believe when she said she was mostly sad for Jackson. They did absolutely nothing to protect him from this but instead set him up for sadness and confusion. At 8 weeks did they really think he would be able to see a baby in an ultrasound? It would just look like a blob to him! The boys were there for the camera and the camera alone. Best case scenario, Jackson is let down and/or confused by all the "look at the baby!!!!!" hype. Worst case scenario is exactly what happened. Any loss parent mentally prepares for that worst case. But it doesn't seem they did. At all.

The talk about her belly also gave me major side eyes. Your belly doesn't grow instantly!!! You do not have a baby bump at 7 weeks pregnant. You just don't. Any belly she had was NOT from a baby. And how can you be so dense to think THAT'S what gave it away to Jackson, and not the fact that you talked about it in front of him.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

natalka81 wrote:There is a lot I side eye about with Ellie and Jared, but I really don't feel like I'm in a position to side eye any of this. It's her body, her cycle, her pregnancy, real or not, viable or not. I guess somehow I don't feel it's my business. The last time, I felt like other people got hurt in the process (announcing on mother's day, being the main thing) but this time I think the only people who are really hurt by this is them. My best friend miscarried yesterday; she's going for the d&c tomorrow. It's heartbreaking, and I don't wish it on anyone. I'm not saying anyone here is wishing this on Ellie and Jared, but I do feel like this time at least, how they tell the story, whether the timeline is exact, how many tests they actually did, etc. is kind of beside the point. I think it's clear they are hurting. And what it does highlight for me is the questionable decision to record one's life for all to see, and the vulnerability (yes, self-inflicted, I know) that goes with that decision. I guess it's not cut and dry for me. I absolutely hated the care bear vlog and thought this family couldn't get much worse, but then today, I could see their humanity and honestly I felt a bit humbled. That doesn't mean that I won't be supremely annoyed at the next lush bomb video extravaganza or the way Ellie treats the server at McDonalds, but just that I am reminded maybe that there is more than one side to someone. Just my thoughts...
Me too. I can dish out the fury, and to be sure Ellie in particular inspires that fury. But she is very clearly in a lot of (genuine) pain in this MC vlog, and if there are any details askew, I believe that to be caused by ignorance or heartbreak (this time), rather than a desire to defraud viewers. I feel like if I were to describe my own IF history on a granular level, there would be questions and at least a few doubts. This has not turned me back into a fan, and there are valid questions about the extent to which even "openness" is manipulative when used to attract views for financial reasons. I do understand the skepticism (especially after the last miscarriage, oops, I mean #ad).

Speaking of the Clear Blue ad... I doubt they explicitly encouraged a fake announcement (at least in writing). But I can see why they would be comfortable sponsoring E+J regardless of pregnancy outcome. E+J do have a spot, rightly or otherwise, in the TTC community. Nobody alive buys and uses more tests than TTC couples. It is good exposure, unless you know in advance that Ellie is going to be a raging narcissist, which I doubt they did.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I'm glad they didnt call it a Rainbow baby. I dont like the term myself but everyone knows what that refers to.

The vlog also proves (to me, at least) that the mother's day 'miscarriage' wasnt real. They would have showed more ultrasound, blood test, videos like they did here. Watching this vlog, I believe it was a true loss. Also, Ellie is more open about her emotions here where as my initial reaction to the mother's day video and videos afterwards were just Ellie having a breakdown of sorts. She truly wanted and believed she was pregnant, but then her period came and the rest is history. Here she at least shows her reaction.
I've had 7 pregnancies, and have two living children. I only experienced one where baby stopped growing.It was my fourth baby who stopped growing at 23w1d or 2d and found out at 24w4d.

I do feel for her. It looks more familiar to me. I know everyone grieves differently, but it looks fairly familiar.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I can't say much more than what has already been said here, but I do agree with everything the majority of you are saying. I teared up at the doctors office clip. I don't care if it was Ellie, that was an incredibly intimate moment and extremely hard to watch. Shame on Jared for just sitting there and trying to get the footage while his wife was breaking down. At the VERY least, he could have put down the camera and distracted the boys.

I kind of feel like the two of them have disconnected over the past year (like, soon after they moved?). Either that, or he knows that Ellie won't be able to handle a third child and he secretly doesn't want one. I expected to see a little more emotion out of him, honestly. Not saying that I expect a stereotypical emotion out of him because he's her husband - but simply because, come on, he's Jared. We've seen how easily he cries (or can at least force tears). Whatever the real story behind Mother's-gate 2017 was, Jared still left her alone for that entire day. They try so hard to present this perfect, "FUN" image, but I'm telling you, it's all over-compensation. There's so much more that goes on behind closed doors in the Ice Palace.

The last thing I want to say, and I'm so glad I'm not the first to say it, but the first thing that came to my mind was that this is karma. I don't think anyone, even they, deserve this for any reason. But, I can't help but be reminded of all of the times I have faked sick to get out of work, or school, or whatever, and then end up actually getting sick a week later. Karma is a bitch. Best case, I hope they'll take home a serious lesson from all of this.
urusha90
Informer
Informer

Unread post by urusha90 »

callie73 wrote:I don't know how many are actually familiar with mormonism, but mormon women's self worth is tied up into how many kids they can have, they believe that they are supposed to give a physical body to as many spirit children as possible. in mormon heaven "spirit children" wait for a body. that's the truth. The women are told their place is in the home to raise children. They are viewed almost as 2nd class with no other value outside the home. so having a miscarriage is a huge deal to mormons. there is no official mormon doctorine about miscarriages.

someone also mentioned ellie and her depression. Depression is very widespread within mormonism. They are pushed to be perfect. The level of perfection cannot be obtained, but they still spend their lives trying. The are given callings that they must do even if they are so busy as it is. sometimes they are given more callings on top of callings. They must live their lives as perfect so they can get their temple recommend. They want to be worthy to enter the temple, so they try to live their lives as appearing perfect.

I really feel for ellie and Jared and their families.

I'm sorry what? How familiar are you to Mormonism?

Sometimes I let the Mormon comments go by because its fairly common for people to assume or believe everything they hear or read, but sometimes comments like these get to me. I understand MAYBE Ellie and Jared live in a very competitive Mormon community but that doesn't mean that's what the church is about. I have lived in Utah and never experienced all these things people on here continually talk about, maybe because I was only a young woman then so I won't say it doesn't exist because I didn't see it. Just like I won't look the other way or call someone crazy because they say they were treated unfairly growing up non Mormon in a Mormon community because I believe we are all humans and no one is perfect and I'm sure a lot of families specially old fashioned get carried away with "protecting" their children among other things. So whatever you guys believe ELLIE believes she should shouldn't do or what goes through the Griffiths family doesn't mean that is what Mormonism is.

Just everything about this comment is so wrong in so many levels I'm not going to go into detail just ask everyone to please remember that because we see a couple of Utah families behaving a strange way because of who knows what goes on their heads it does not mean it's all because of the church. Just like we don't get into race discussions here or refrain from talking about other religions I felt that my request to think twice about what you're going to say is valid.

Ok rant over I'm sorry this was a bit OT but I had to get it off my chest.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

littlebaby wrote:Side note, does anyone have any Instagram mom/families they like to follow? Especially currently expecting?

Jamie and Nikki are amazing people and parents. They have a cute family. Today, same day as E&J, they announced they are expecting their second baby. Their videos are edited by Jamie, a music video director. Nikki use to be a model, now a SAHM, her sister is Duckie, a model for Rihanna's new campaign. MY FAVE VLOGGERS. Wish they had a thread on here actually. Ava could say many clear words by age of 1, she's a genius baby and so adorable. Can't wait for baby number two, the announcement video was cute Image

jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

lovingthisforum wrote:O my goodness, here we go again. I literally could not believe what I was seeing, the vlog was legit surreal. Let me just start and end with 2 facts. There was no baby in her belly. And the sac was EMPTY. Also, another proof of using every footage they want for vlogs and not necessarily from the day before.

IF the dates they gave us are true:

July 30 - ovulation: egg jumps to freedom and travels for 3 days to the womb [Where is ovulation test if they are so eager to proof being pregnant with all these tests?]
Aug 9 - first pregnancy test (10 days after ovulation) [9 Aug at best, on 11 Aug she says: a couple of days ago]
Aug 10 - 2nd pregnancy test (11 days after ovulation)
Aug 11 - 3rd pregnancy test & announcement pregnancy (12 days after ovulation) and "in about a couple of days an ultrasound" [Where is proof it was 11 Aug, Jared?]
Aug 13/14/15??????? - ultrasound: no baby to be seen, SAC EMPTY (14,15,16 DAYS AFTER OVULATION = SAC EMPTY = NO PREGNANCY)
Aug 13/14/15/Sept ????? - "are going to miscarry"/"are in the process of miscarrying". [When, when, vague, vague???] [Although by editing it was suggested it was right after coming home from ultrasound.]

Sept 10 - ultrasound? They can't post the next day for it would be 9/11
Sept 11 - what did they do? what happened? We don't know because the next day wouldn't be about today. Or would it?
Sept 12 - uploading vlog with 2 messages in 1 video: baby in belly & baby died. O poor us. How convenient for another episode of attention seeking.
[Why TODAY, how come? Was the ultrasound yesterday? When were Ellie's emotions filmed, happiness and sadness alike? Ellie's emotions were real.]

Sept 13 - will there be footage from Sept 11, and we think it's from the 12th? Etc. [fill in miscellaneous dates of footage for miscellaneous dates of vlogs]

Even if I take the latest possible date, 12 Sept, and the earliest possible date for getting pregnant, 30 July, which are both unrealistic, their pregnancy would have been: 44 days = 6 weeks max. While they claim to have been pregnant 7 weeks.

Body thought for a moment it might be pregnant and prepared to be sure, because of principle in nature: better mistake in one direction than in another direction, in this case: better prepare for nothing (costs a little energy for hormone plus tissue making, max) than invalidly not supporting potential future life with tissue and nice cushion for the baby to cozy nestle. Jared's sperm cells were too late for they prefer to be hugged by Bryan.

= FAILED PREGNANCY. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME WITH MILLIONS OF WOMEN AROUND THE WORLD, EVERY DAY, EVERY SECOND. ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF NATURE IN THE UNIVERSE this is called "failed pregnancy". In fact, every single woman ever existed on the face of the earth has experienced this, 99.9% unknowingly. Listen, "pregnancy" in "failed pregnancy" sounds misleading. It means: NOT pregnant, this month. Try again next month. Pregnancy failed. Try again another time. Inherent to trying-to-get-pregnant process. Nothing special. Not pregnant. Pregnancy no.
I think last time wasn't genuine (all very rushed and contrived), but I do believe it was real this time. They had blood work, the ultrasound tech did say the baby might have been too little to see, and they didn't show the vaginal ultrasound, the difference between this pregnancy and the last 'pregnancy' is that everything has been confirmed by a doctor, shown on the vlog. Before I finished watching it I was going to say that yes, maybe they jumped the gun again, but everything was confirmed. I think they made a mistake before, and maybe some people will think they're crying wolf, but what was filmed at the doctor seems to show that there was a pregnancy. If you had it confirmed by a test, blood work etc, and then got told the baby wasn't growing at an early scan would you shrug it off as a 'failed pregnancy' and move on? I know they've done some stuff in the past that are not great, but it doesn't mean their grief that they're feeling should be diminished because you don't like them, it's still sad.

I think this will hit Ellie, she was so excited, and I think that she's going to need a lot of support - which Jared didn't seem to be giving her. But I do feel sorry for them this time (attack me if you want), it's a sad thing to go through no matter who you are, and I hope they can heal from this.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:
littlebaby wrote:Side note, does anyone have any Instagram mom/families they like to follow? Especially currently expecting?

Jamie and Nikki are amazing people and parents. They have a cute family. Today, same day as E&J, they announced they are expecting their second baby. Their videos are edited by Jamie, a music video director. Nikki use to be a model, now a SAHM, her sister is Duckie, a model for Rihanna's new campaign. MY FAVE VLOGGERS. Wish they had a thread on here actually. Ava could say many clear words by age of 1, she's a genius baby and so adorable. Can't wait for baby number two, the announcement video was cute Image

They do have a thread on here:
http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=8825
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

actuallydear wrote:
Addicted2vlogs wrote:

They do have a thread on here:
http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=8825
Woah! Thank you so much for this!! The thread is boring, which shows how unproblematic they are haha. Thanks again :)

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

HelloSweetie wrote:
JVK19 wrote:

Aaryn Williams . She's also a youtuber as well. Snapchat is kind of her most updated social media though

I can't believe people follow her now. She was an awful person when she appeared on Big Brother and I don't imagine marriage and children have really made her more open minded.
I liked her when she first started blogging. I thought maybe she was young and stupid and changed for real, but she's starting to show her true colours again, just like all you tubers it seems lol. She shops sooooo much it exhausts me now lol

lucifer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucifer »

I do think women have been domesticated more in Ellie's fam ..finding an innocent Mormon guy..being beautiful with tons of makeup..getting married young..mass producing babies...seems to be the real normal for them...no wonder why Ellie iz soo happy and normal when she is pregnant..!! They were TTC being broke..!!! Also how Ruby talks...encouraging Shari to get a boyfriend and dreaming about marriage and grandkids....wth is wrong with that woman..shari is only 13..!! she needs to be taught how to be independent, standing on her own two feet...i mean cmon...Ruby was also producing babies being broke...now therez always a child whoz constantly ignored..!!
Also let's not forget gender stereotypes...!! they don't let girls play with boys toys and vice-versa..
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

The fact that she took SO many test and the ones that say pregnant or not pregnant this time says a lot about what really happened last time!
Regardless I am very sad for her and also worry about her emotional state. Jared defiantly seems disconnected probably because of what happened last time but he still needs to be supportive and comforting. The body language was very telling also. She kept leaning on him at the end of the vlog and he barely even looked at her. Just talked to the camera. I am a very affectionate person so maybe it's just me but when a doctor is telling me any kind of bad news I at least would want my husband to hold my hand!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”