Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
She's Joan.

No one will ever suffer as she has. Her miscarriage is so much worse than the rest of women who have suffered. She's loving the attention.
And yet we never heard anything to this extent about the other "2" miscarriages she had....

She's so full of it. Maybe now she'll know the different between a period and an actual miscarriage.

This is why I don't believe the other 2 she's claiming ever happened. They would have shared like this for the money alone, plus Ellie needs the attention.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Refrigerator_Light wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: She's Joan.

No one will ever suffer as she has. Her miscarriage is so much worse than the rest of women who have suffered. She's loving the attention.
And yet we never heard anything to this extent about the other "2" miscarriages she had....

She's so full of it. Maybe now she'll know the different between a period and an actual miscarriage.

This is why I don't believe the other 2 she's claiming ever happened. They would have shared like this for the money alone, plus Ellie needs the attention.
Not to defend Ellie or anything but there is a big difference between an early miscarriage or chemical which she likely had before. This is different. She was 8 weeks pregnant and the process is harder for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
Jareds so tender.. Did i use that correctly?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

Can I get a summary of Joan & Ellie's relationship please? With receipts if possible please
lyddiebug
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lyddiebug »

Pency wrote:
lyddiebug wrote:I haven't been watching Ellie+Jared for awhile, because I generally think their videos are boring and full of enthusiasm for literally the most boring things. But, I saw the title for their miscarriage video and have watched all the videos since then. I absolutely ache for Ellie and Jared and the grieving process they are going through (not to mention Jackson, who was excited about a little brother or sister, and who probably doesn't fully understand what is happening). However, it really upsets me when they talk about how "tender" Jackson and Calvin are being to Ellie. Jackson and Calvin are toddlers. Of course, I think that they should be good to Ellie and treat her well during her grieving process, but constantly talking about how sweet they are being makes it sound like it is the job of these small children to take care of their parents. Also, Jackson probably needs some support from his parents at this juncture too; of course, they won't realize this, because they continue to treat Jackson as an infant who cannot do or understand anything.
Yeah, it really bugs me. I don't know if I agree that they treat Jackson like an infant, I feel like in lots of ways they expect him to take on very adult roles, telling him about every pregnancy, how pregnancy tests work, taking him and Cal to a viability scan -- it's just too much, and what you said about them expecting the boys to take on a nurturing role is so true. It's not your toddler's job to nuture you, it's the other way around. It can be a psychologically damaging thing for a child to feel like they have to take care of their parents instead of the other way around.
I agree that they expect him to take on very adult roles; what I meant to convey is that they expect him to comfort Ellie, etc. while also acting as if he wouldn't figure out that she was pregnant when they constantly talked about the baby and her stomach in front of him. I understand how they would've gotten excited and told him so early, but it's just ridiculous to expect that you can constantly allude to being pregnant in front of your very perceptive toddler and expect him not to figure it out. My mom got pregnant with my little sister when I was four, and I was probably more involved in the pregnancy than most young kids are; my mom explained the basic concept of reproduction to me, took me to ultrasounds and doctors appointments, and had me present for the birth. So, I totally understand wanting your kid to be involved in every step of the process, but I feel like you have to be really conscious about waiting until the appropriate time and explaining the pregnancy to your children directly. It feels weird to me that they would expect to be able to talk about the pregnancy in front of Jackson, who has a younger brother and has seen the pregnancy process before, and not anticipate him guessing what was happening.
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

lyddiebug wrote:
Pency wrote:
lyddiebug wrote:I haven't been watching Ellie+Jared for awhile, because I generally think their videos are boring and full of enthusiasm for literally the most boring things. But, I saw the title for their miscarriage video and have watched all the videos since then. I absolutely ache for Ellie and Jared and the grieving process they are going through (not to mention Jackson, who was excited about a little brother or sister, and who probably doesn't fully understand what is happening). However, it really upsets me when they talk about how "tender" Jackson and Calvin are being to Ellie. Jackson and Calvin are toddlers. Of course, I think that they should be good to Ellie and treat her well during her grieving process, but constantly talking about how sweet they are being makes it sound like it is the job of these small children to take care of their parents. Also, Jackson probably needs some support from his parents at this juncture too; of course, they won't realize this, because they continue to treat Jackson as an infant who cannot do or understand anything.
Yeah, it really bugs me. I don't know if I agree that they treat Jackson like an infant, I feel like in lots of ways they expect him to take on very adult roles, telling him about every pregnancy, how pregnancy tests work, taking him and Cal to a viability scan -- it's just too much, and what you said about them expecting the boys to take on a nurturing role is so true. It's not your toddler's job to nuture you, it's the other way around. It can be a psychologically damaging thing for a child to feel like they have to take care of their parents instead of the other way around.
I agree that they expect him to take on very adult roles; what I meant to convey is that they expect him to comfort Ellie, etc. while also acting as if he wouldn't figure out that she was pregnant when they constantly talked about the baby and her stomach in front of him. I understand how they would've gotten excited and told him so early, but it's just ridiculous to expect that you can constantly allude to being pregnant in front of your very perceptive toddler and expect him not to figure it out. My mom got pregnant with my little sister when I was four, and I was probably more involved in the pregnancy than most young kids are; my mom explained the basic concept of reproduction to me, took me to ultrasounds and doctors appointments, and had me present for the birth. So, I totally understand wanting your kid to be involved in every step of the process, but I feel like you have to be really conscious about waiting until the appropriate time and explaining the pregnancy to your children directly. It feels weird to me that they would expect to be able to talk about the pregnancy in front of Jackson, who has a younger brother and has seen the pregnancy process before, and not anticipate him guessing what was happening.
THIS. Jackson is almost 4. Of course he is going to pick up on the pregnancy if you are talking about it/vlogging in front of him. Same with the miscarriage. It is ok that they are sad but Jackson is looking at them for security and it is disturbing that he is comforting her to that extent. I really,really hope that going forward they will put the kids first and not obviously talk about things in front of them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

With the pregnancy back in July, Jackson knew Ellie was going to pee on a stick. They had him counting down to test day.

That's not normal.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

These people are insane, greedy egomaniacs with no concept of what's appropriate. I am entirely unsurprised by the vlog theatrics, poor Jackson having to earn praise with "tender" treatment of Ellie, etc. No wonder Cal headbutts her chest. She deserves it.

These people are surrounded by family and community who LOVE to be of assistance. Filming themselves on the bathroom floor and such is a CHOICE. Even if we accept that they "need" the income and can't afford to take a few days off... Ellie's sisters are vloggers too. Any number of people they know & trust would probably be thrilled to scoop up Jackson and Chucky, treat them to a fun day, and film a few minutes of footage that Jared could edit, add a lecture to, or whatever and upload. But that wouldn't feed Ellie's attention boner or exploit their situation in hopes of going viral.
trumputin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by trumputin »

alexandriablue wrote:I feel bad they had a miscarriage, but the theatrics of it all is really off-putting to me. I don't need the close-ups of Ellie lying in bed or the dramatic music...it just comes off as very insincere.
I feel like maybe because people doubted the last miscarriage, they're being extra flamboyant to convince people this one is real.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I feel horrible about what Ellie's going through today. Even though it's irritating/feels less sincere that they're making a production out of it, I still feel for them. I mean... I kind of expected it to be this way, so I can't exactly say that I'm offended or taken aback by it.

I genuinely worry that this might be detrimental to Ellie's mental health if she doesn't seek some form of therapy afterward. She isn't the most stable person as it is... I don't care - in fact, I don't even want them to make it public knowledge were she to seek some kind of help. Just, dear God, I hope she does.

Anyway... on a more lighthearted note... check out this clip of Jackson at about 5:00 from Bonnie's vlog yesterday: https://youtu.be/NFC6GM9gHlI

It's no more than a 30 second clip and I promise you won't regret it haha. It made me smile yesterday.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Refrigerator_Light wrote: And yet we never heard anything to this extent about the other "2" miscarriages she had....

Not to defend Ellie or anything but there is a big difference between an early miscarriage or chemical which she likely had before. This is different. She was 8 weeks pregnant and the process is harder for everyone involved.

I believe the baby stopped growing very early on for this one. When the doc showed the sac it was so so so small I don't even think they saw the baby. And it failed to grow. Possibly just implanting. So I do believe she's sad thinking she's 8 weeks along and never grew. It's still an early miscarriage her body just failed to recognize that.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

It would seem that other people may be profiting off this miscarriage too. I find it revolting. There's a new vlogging family called the Epik Brandon family, whose behaviours in my view, are exceptionally dubious (schooling, health, etc.) and they chose to title their video today "heartbreaking". Since the mother is pregnant with her 7th child, I kind of assumed maybe she was miscarrying (which would be devastating) but instead it's about Ellie's miscarriage. I don't criticise them necessarily for mentioning it and sending condolences, but titling their own vlog "heartbreaking" because the last 2 minutes are devoted to saying how much they love E&J, how we should all go check them out, and how sad they are for them, seems in such poor taste. This family, in m opinion, is clearly looking for new subscribers. This whole YT culture is very strange. And rather gross.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:It would seem that other people may be profiting off this miscarriage too. I find it revolting. There's a new vlogging family called the Epik Brandon family, whose behaviours in my view, are exceptionally dubious (schooling, health, etc.) and they chose to title their video today "heartbreaking". Since the mother is pregnant with her 7th child, I kind of assumed maybe she was miscarrying (which would be devastating) but instead it's about Ellie's miscarriage. I don't criticise them necessarily for mentioning it and sending condolences, but titling their own vlog "heartbreaking" because the last 2 minutes are devoted to saying how much they love E&J, how we should all go check them out, and how sad they are for them, seems in such poor taste. This family, in m opinion, is clearly looking for new subscribers. This whole YT culture is very strange. And rather gross.
Wow, that is really, really sick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

If they are going out of their way to show everything because people questioned the last miscarriage, then I wish they had taken the same approach after Cal stopped breathing! They certainly didn't take him to urgent care to prove the incident happened in the first place
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

RubyRed wrote:I've never really watched these two before but their most recent miscarriage video popped up in my recommended videos section. I'm shocked at how thin Ellie is... i've struggled with disordered eating for over a decade and she's thinner than me, and I'm pretty small (says one half of my brain anyway). I wonder if that has anything to do with her very infrequent periods? Knowing YTMD, I'm probably beating a dead horse right now, but hopefully she's on the right track to getting healthy, for whatever causes her low weight.

I take that back if she has some kind of other health condition that makes her this thin.
She was small more normal but not this thin when they started vlogging. She was diagnosed with pocs by a dr at the fertility clinic even though some dont want to believe it. There is a vlog of the dr telling them that.So i dont think it has to do with her weight.she did state at the beginning of vlogging a thyroid condition, people dont want to believe that either. She certainly looks better when she puts on a few pounds.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

canmom2 wrote:
RubyRed wrote:I've never really watched these two before but their most recent miscarriage video popped up in my recommended videos section. I'm shocked at how thin Ellie is... i've struggled with disordered eating for over a decade and she's thinner than me, and I'm pretty small (says one half of my brain anyway). I wonder if that has anything to do with her very infrequent periods? Knowing YTMD, I'm probably beating a dead horse right now, but hopefully she's on the right track to getting healthy, for whatever causes her low weight.

I take that back if she has some kind of other health condition that makes her this thin.
She was small more normal but not this thin when they started vlogging. She was diagnosed with pocs by a dr at the fertility clinic even though some dont want to believe it. There is a vlog of the dr telling them that.So i dont think it has to do with her weight.she did state at the beginning of vlogging a thyroid condition, people dont want to believe that either. She certainly looks better when she puts on a few pounds.
You keep saying there is a vlog of them telling them that, but what she actually says is that she has a pattern of cysts that is often seen with PCOS. They did an ultrasound, but we never heard or saw the results of any of the other tests commonly used to confirm. PCOS cannot be diagnosed by ultrasound alone. Regardless, even if she has PCOS, she does not have infertility because of it.

People don't believe the thyroid condition because it has never been mentioned again since, and even when she had the crisis about her low weight she still wasn't going to see an Endocrinologist.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Where have you seen them treat Jackson like an infant. She made him grow up when she was pregnant with Calvin. She treats him like her best friend and takes him to the dr with her(last time she was pregnant too). They certainly dont treat him like an infant but share too much with him.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

canmom2 wrote:

No. There wasn't a vlog with a dr telling her she has pcos.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I was on different fertility forums for years. There's some where the women have great info and then there's others where I'm scared that they are procteating. Women come in all of the time and say I had symptoms, my period was late, it must have been a miscarriage. I think this is what Ellie experienced in the other 2. She swore she was pregnant, got her period, so it must have been a miscarriage. People become crazy when it comes to ttc.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:
canmom2 wrote: She was small more normal but not this thin when they started vlogging. She was diagnosed with pocs by a dr at the fertility clinic even though some dont want to believe it. There is a vlog of the dr telling them that.So i dont think it has to do with her weight.she did state at the beginning of vlogging a thyroid condition, people dont want to believe that either. She certainly looks better when she puts on a few pounds.
You keep saying there is a vlog of them telling them that, but what she actually says is that she has a pattern of cysts that is often seen with PCOS. They did an ultrasound, but we never heard or saw the results of any of the other tests commonly used to confirm. PCOS cannot be diagnosed by ultrasound alone. Regardless, even if she has PCOS, she does not have infertility because of it.

People don't believe the thyroid condition because it has never been mentioned again since, and even when she had the crisis about her low weight she still wasn't going to see an Endocrinologist.
Thank you. Not to mention.... she shows absolutely no symptoms or signs that a typical woman with PCOS struggles mercilessly with, other than her irregular periods (which could be contributed to low BF%) and her "acne." Which, by the way, I'm really curious - have any of you ladies out there with PCOS (or any other hormone-related imbalance that causes acne) cured your painful, cystic acne by using some high-end, non-prescription skin care routine??? That one still throws me for a freakin loop.

Also - and this is an important thing to note - when Ellie cried about being so thin that she didn't even have enough energy to walk up the stairs... what did she do? She went and got a personal trainer and started working out... Hello?? Does that make any sense to anyone?? Sure, she saw a nutritionalist once and started putting a little more effort into her meals (...which was short lived), but STILL. Use your common sense. If you were clinically diagnosed with PCOS and a thyroid condition, and began to feel so weak that you couldn't walk up the stairs, would your first instinct be to go and start working out? Hell. No. You would call your DOCTOR(s) and tell them that you are not doing well at all and probably need to begin/change medication.

Actions speak louder than words - that's all I'm sayin'.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”