E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J:

Unread post by KayCeeee »

I loathe Ellie as much as the next person here and find her to be insufferably entitled and bitchy. HOWEVER, I do think that her Instagram message was directed at certain creepy people in particular. I wish I'd screen-shot this, but pretty soon after she posted it there was some truly disgusting posts saying things like, "I can't wait til this baby dies" and "they're gonna scrape that one out too!" and "your belly pics are nasty". They have since been deleted but she made a response to one of them saying something like, "people like to make accounts just to harass me and tell me that they hope my baby dies. They're sad, sad people and I truly feel sorry for them."

Not saying that other things Ellie does aren't incredibly insensitive and she suffers from her own tunnel vision. But I don't think this Instagram post is her worst offense. Passive aggressive? Perhaps. But nobody should have to hear that crap. Just my two cents.
KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

I loathe Ellie as much as the next person here and find her to be insufferably entitled and bitchy. HOWEVER, I do think that her Instagram message was directed at certain creepy people in particular. I wish I'd screen-shot this, but pretty soon after she posted it there was some truly disgusting posts saying things like, "I can't wait til this baby dies" and "they're gonna scrape that one out too!" and "your belly pics are nasty". They have since been deleted but she made a response to one of them saying something like, "people like to make accounts just to harass me and tell me that they hope my baby dies. They're sad, sad people and I truly feel sorry for them."

Not saying that other things Ellie does aren't incredibly insensitive and she suffers from her own tunnel vision. But I don't think this Instagram post is her worst offense. Passive aggressive? Perhaps. But nobody should have to hear that crap. Just my two cents.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

KayCeeee wrote:I loathe Ellie as much as the next person here and find her to be insufferably entitled and bitchy. HOWEVER, I do think that her Instagram message was directed at certain creepy people in particular. I wish I'd screen-shot this, but pretty soon after she posted it there was some truly disgusting posts saying things like, "I can't wait til this baby dies" and "they're gonna scrape that one out too!" and "your belly pics are nasty". They have since been deleted but she made a response to one of them saying something like, "people like to make accounts just to harass me and tell me that they hope my baby dies. They're sad, sad people and I truly feel sorry for them."

I highly doubt this. Is this the same reason she felt compelled to call the IVF couple's on Mother's Day to gloat? No. She called them to boast. She doesn't truly identify with the pain of the IF community because she never really experienced that. I truly believe she lied about how long they had been trying, just as she was prepared to lie about having had 3 miscarriages. Telling people they can press the unfollow button because she'll be posting lots of belly pics isn't going to hurt or offend the haters, but it is absolutely insensitive and boastful to those that may be triggered by them. It la fine to enjoy your own pregnancy and be excited about it, and those on the IF community would never dream of robbing an excited mother of that experience. At the same time however, it never hurts to be sensitive.

I think we see a colder Ellie on social media because she isn't being filtered. Jared is clearly her filter. People have been trying to argue for years that she's just misunderstood and poor with words. Are her actions and body language all being misunderstood too?
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

I agree that Ellie is insensitive. She doesn't have the ability to be empathetic, and so she doesn't care enough to be sensitive. It's all about Ellie. It's Jared I judge for letting her put this image out there though. I don't agree with a man filtering a woman, but this is their professional livelihood, and she has to be turning people away with her weird, passive aggressive and insensitive posts.

They pandered to the infertility community until it wasn't convenient anymore. Then, after having two kids and when the channel was losing steam, they started trying to attract that audience again. I get it, they have moved on, but the IVF couples they met are still struggling, and they are supposed to be their friends. Why not send more people to their channel? Why not encourage people to pray for them? Kateka is one of the most gracious people I've ever seen on YouTube. The way she has tried to make the most of her IVF grant is inspirational. She done everything right, and it looks like she still won't get her baby. This video is just heartbreaking to watch because I swear she loves and encourages her embryos more than we've seen Ellie do to her boys. Ellie very well may have made that IG post to be passive aggressive, but people like Kateka also follow her, and belly shots have got to be triggering. Ellie doesn't have to post extra pics just to spite her haters.. she should be more sensitive. I'm annoyed that Joan liked that pic as well, because just a few weeks ago she herself wasn't exactly thrilled to see bumps or hear about pregnancy.

Seriously though, I wish people would start watching Stuart and Kateka.

https://youtu.be/4GwekiTppvU
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I've never heard anyone pronounce Nativity (re: The boys playing with the Nativity set in the vlog today) "NAY TIVITY". I thought it was "NAH TIVITIY". Maybe its just a Utah thing. I noticed it a few vlogs back too. It irritated me a tad bit lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

amyfalafal wrote:I've never heard anyone pronounce Nativity (re: The boys playing with the Nativity set in the vlog today) "NAY TIVITY". I thought it was "NAH TIVITIY". Maybe its just a Utah thing. I noticed it a few vlogs back too. It irritated me a tad bit lol
I think it's a Utah/Idaho thing. Shay does it, and so do the parents of the Gardner Quad Squad. I think even Bryan does, and he grew up in Idaho as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

LittleRus wrote:I randomly just went to Ellie's IG. Did she actually say to her followers...a fan base they built from being in the infertility community..."if belly pictures make you uncomfortable you can push the unfollow button, I will be doing a lot of them" I am stunned. With Ellie, it is her delivery that is so so so wrong. Her rant at the beginning of the vlog could have been delivered in a nice way but she had SUCH a bitchy tone to it. The IG comment is just SO passive aggressive and rude. Bottom line, she is just not a nice person.

I follow these smaller youtubers. The wife posted a video about seeing announcements on YT and I wondered if it was about E&J. As I watched, all I could think was how THESE were the kind of people they called on Mother's Day to announce they were pregnant their first cycle trying. For people who preach kindness and compassion, it has just become so apparent that they (or at least Ellie) have none of that.

I LOVE Ayla and Caleb!! We had the same doctor at the fertility clinic here. Such a small world. Ayla is spot on in that video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

amyfalafal wrote:I've never heard anyone pronounce Nativity (re: The boys playing with the Nativity set in the vlog today) "NAY TIVITY". I thought it was "NAH TIVITIY". Maybe its just a Utah thing. I noticed it a few vlogs back too. It irritated me a tad bit lol
Lol I say nah tivity. Not from Utah.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I lived all over-- Navy dad and then Navy husband-- and I never heard it pronounced "nay-tivity" until my daughter started watching vlogs.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
start-the-fire
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by start-the-fire »

I am born and raised in southern California and I say Nay-tivity. I asked my husband, who was born in Germany, lived in Nebraska as a young kid, and then in Florida from age 12 to 20, and he also says Nay-tivity. He said he's never heard it pronounced without a long A sound. Interesting to me to see so many people here say they've never heard it that way lol. Especially because these Utah vloggers do say a lot of other words with strange accents to me.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

New Thread... viewtopic.php?t=13337

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

I'm from Ohio and we pronounce it nah-tivity also.
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

Mk1 wrote:
Hansel and gretal wrote:So it looks like Matt and Em are having a girl. Ellie’s not gonna be happy if she has a boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm telling you...it will literally make my LIFE if EVERYONE around her has GIRLS and she has baby BOY #3!

I think you might be right! If the predictions are correct and someone saw pink confetti in Bonnie’s hair that will be 2 girls to Ellie’s boy so far!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”