Just E: Because everybody else is irrelevant (Part 36)

grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Just E: Because everybody else is irrelevant (Part 36)

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Out of the names on that board. I think Dallan works best. Dallan Joel is nice . It goes with the boys first and second names. I'm not including Mason though. Were the last 4 names edited onto the board? I didn't watch the video can only handle so much in a week.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I only skimmed the video but I noticed the last 4 names weren't on the board. So weird. Anyways, does anyone find it weird that they have the name Joel on there? Jared is clearly head over heels for Joel Hoellein, so it seems like he wants to name him after him lol. It could've been put up there as a joke but come on, we know how Jared would totally do that :lol:
PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

That’s how we are right now with names. There’s a name that has been my #1 for years and I can finally use it and my husband is “ok” with it. He doesn’t mind it and it wasn’t his first choice but he isn’t in love with it like I am..... so I can not say that’s her name until I know he likes it a little more. And he’s ok with the name. I can’t imagine him hating it and me forcing it anyway! With our other daughters name I came up with it but he loved it off the bat.

I could never imagine a dad picking a name and forcing it even if the Mom hated it, so why should it be ok if she loves it and he doesn’t but it’s her way anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

From what I know, the Griffith women do the naming. I remember one of Bonnie’s name videos showed that almost every child was named after someone on Bonnie’s side of the family, and it seemed she has veto power.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YellowSweater1950 wrote:From what I know, the Griffith women do the naming. I remember one of Bonnie’s name videos showed that almost every child was named after someone on Bonnie’s side of the family, and it seemed she has veto power.
Pretty sure it’s just Lincoln that was named after a Griffiths relative.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Im a pro mom naming the baby mom.
I grew up hearing how my dad wanted to name me April.. I was born in July. I always thought, I will name my babies.
My husband thinks he had a say in naming the kids .. It's adorable

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

HelloSweetie wrote:
YellowSweater1950 wrote:From what I know, the Griffith women do the naming. I remember one of Bonnie’s name videos showed that almost every child was named after someone on Bonnie’s side of the family, and it seemed she has veto power.

Cody was named after a cousin on the Griffiths side that died in some sort of accident, if I’m remembering correctly. Olivia and Boston were just ideas that popped into their heads though. Joel also said that he doesn’t mind his kids having names from Bonnie’s side of the family since they have his Hoellein name. I could be misremembering, but I think Jared said something similar about his kids being Mechams. I still don’t think he should agree with Mason though. Image

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Just E: Because everybody else is irrelevant (Part 36)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

littlebaby wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Cody was named after a cousin on the Griffiths side that died in some sort of accident, if I’m remembering correctly. Olivia and Boston were just ideas that popped into their heads though. Joel also said that he doesn’t mind his kids having names from Bonnie’s side of the family since they have his Hoellein name. I could be misremembering, but I think Jared said something similar about his kids being Mechams. I still don’t think he should agree with Mason though. Image

Your right, Cody was the one named after a deceased cousin of Jennifer’s.

Joel came up with Olivia’s name.

They both came up with Boston after watching a movie.

Lincoln was just a name they thought was cute.

Cody and Boston’s middle names age inspires from family members, which Joel thought was fair because his name is already in there (Hoellein).

https://youtu.be/BkDhy93il6Y

These definitely a difference between Bonnie and Joel, and Ellie and Jared’s relationships and how they make important decisions together.

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Just found an interesting little bit of information in Calvin’s 1 year update. “Calvin’s schedule has pretty much stayed the same where he goes to bed at 7, he wakes up typically once a night, it’s not a far stretch to say he’ll wake up twice a night, and then he’s up for the day at like 7.” She also said he didn’t even eat when he woke up, he just wanted to be comforted.

That sounds relatively standard for his age. When did they start complaining about him not sleeping?

Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

alyssadt wrote:After watching today’s video, it was painfully obvious to me that Ellie is the one that likes the name Mason and Jared doesn’t. They were talking about how they are still looking at different names but ellie said “it’s probably going to be Mason” and Jared kind of rolled his eyes and said “we will see”.

She probably thinks that if she keeps saying it on the vlog, that the minions will fall in love with it and Jared won’t have a chance to change it.

I can’t stand the way she says Mason. Just something about the WAY she says it...I don’t know. If they name the baby Mason it is quickly going to become a name I hate from having to listen to her say it in her “Ellie tone” all the time. I just can’t imagine the baby LOOKING like a Mason either for some reason.
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

Aurielle wrote:Out of the names on that board. I think Dallan works best. Dallan Joel is nice . It goes with the boys first and second names. I'm not including Mason though. Were the last 4 names edited onto the board? I didn't watch the video can only handle so much in a week.
I agree on Dallan...and I love Joel because I think Joel is a great guy. And maybe the kid would take on the good qualities of Joel instead of his parents. Haha. I actually think Dallan Craig (Craig is Jared’s dad’s name) would be cute. But I guarantee Ellie won’t let the name have anything to do with the Mecham side.
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

Wondering if Dallan is just a different spelling of Dallin, as in Dallin Oaks, First Counselor in the First Presidency of the LDS church. I didn't hear anything about the Dallan name, did I miss something?
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I only skimmed the video but I noticed the last 4 names weren't on the board. So weird. Anyways, does anyone find it weird that they have the name Joel on there? Jared is clearly head over heels for Joel Hoellein, so it seems like he wants to name him after him lol. It could've been put up there as a joke but come on, we know how Jared would totally do that :lol:
I don’t think having Joel on there was a joke. Ellie mentioned it to Bonnie and Joel when they went on that little getaway at the VBRO house. And then Ellie wanted to have the camera off so she could tell Bonnie her idea about the name Joel.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Mk1 wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I only skimmed the video but I noticed the last 4 names weren't on the board. So weird. Anyways, does anyone find it weird that they have the name Joel on there? Jared is clearly head over heels for Joel Hoellein, so it seems like he wants to name him after him lol. It could've been put up there as a joke but come on, we know how Jared would totally do that :lol:
I don’t think having Joel on there was a joke. Ellie mentioned it to Bonnie and Joel when they went on that little getaway at the VBRO house. And then Ellie wanted to have the camera off so she could tell Bonnie her idea about the name Joel.
Isn't it telling how they'd possibly name their child after their uncle instead of dad? What a slap in the face...lol. But Joel is a good guy.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Also, I know I would never want to name my child something that I know my husband doesn't like. I don't see a problem with the mother deciding on the name if both parents approve and like it, but that is obviously not the case. It would turn me away from the name if my husband acted the way Jared is acting. She really needs to get everything she wants though. Smh
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Yes when we were having my son we didn’t find out the gender and I had a list of girl names that I had loved for years but My husband didn’t like any of them. Thank goodness we had. Boy because we had a boy name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

Isn’t Samika wanting to use Mason too? Are they friends? Ellie would probably care either way lol

Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

charmed596 wrote:Isn’t Samika wanting to use Mason too? Are they friends? Ellie would probably care either way lol

If they are wanting to use Mason too, I hope they DO go with Mason...Jennika is due first, correct?
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

onbreak wrote:Im a pro mom naming the baby mom.
I grew up hearing how my dad wanted to name me April.. I was born in July. I always thought, I will name my babies.
My husband thinks he had a say in naming the kids .. It's adorable

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
My husband and I have only talked a little about names, but I made it clear to him that I would not want the baby to have a name that begins with J (both our names begin with J and I don't want a matchy-matchy thing going on). The only name he could come up with on his own? Jordan. Okay then....
JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

My son is Mason. I will be kind of pissed if they name their son Mason .

Return to “Ellie and Jared”