Griffiths Recipes

PoorLoam
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Griffiths Recipes

Unread post by PoorLoam »

With the cookbook in production, I thought it would be a good time to talk about all the horrendous looking food that Ellie, Bonnie, and the rest make.

Did anyone see the “Hawaiian haystacks” that Bonnie made in the last vlog? It looked like cats barf
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Griffiths Recipes

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I just have to wonder where that name came from. Rice and cream
Of mushroom soup doesn't sound like a very Hawaiian dish.
They rely way too heavily on cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup. I have this terrible awful recipe for chicken noodle casserole with cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups, chicken, sour cream, and noodles topped with Ritz crackers. It's horrible but comfort food and my son loves it.
I have a feeling this cookbook is going to be full of recipes like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aprilfromengland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aprilfromengland »

Cookbook names
Cans of crap
One pot, one spoon
Cat sick and dick pic
A whole lot of nothing
Budget barfs
Canning con artists
Eat little and not often
Copied from Pinterest
Family fun, fuck all food
Pack it out with a roll
The church of the Jenifer Griffith saints
Be happy and hungry
Famished family
Cheap and easy MILLs
4 green beans, 3 bites of meat and very hungry fam-i-lllyyyyyy

WriteMeOut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WriteMeOut »

That Hawaiian haystack thing not only looks disgusting, but hardly something you would put in a cookbook. I know many families have recipes like that that they love, I have a corn flake tuna noodle thing that I make, but just because we like it doesn't make it cookbook worthy. And it's certainly not something I would serve to guests or brag about, which are two things I'm sure the Griffiths do with all their weird recipes.
:love2: I am amused. :love2: Image
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

The Hawaiian haystacks are REALLY popular in the Mormon crowd. I’m Mormon, live in Canada, and my bil had Hawaiian haystacks as his family dinner meal at his wedding.
skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

I'm willing to bet that most of the recipes won't be unique to their family. Haystacks and Taco Soup seem like common Mormon meals. Everything they cook looks so bland. Especially Ruby. Their baked goods look more appetizing.

Ruby's cooking channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC400sw ... oTw/videos
PoorLoam
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoorLoam »

skrt09 wrote:I'm willing to bet that most of the recipes won't be unique to their family. Haystacks and Taco Soup seem like common Mormon meals. Everything they cook looks so bland. Especially Ruby. Their baked goods look more appetizing.

Ruby's cooking channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/videos
I didn’t even know she had a cooking channel, most of that stuff looks super similar to what I grew up eating (not Mormon, just grew up in the Midwest). Not groundbreaking, innovative stuff. I imagine their target audience for the cookbook already has these recipes in the family. I really don’t see a need for it when Pinterest has recipes for basically everything they eat.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Famished Family :-D

I agree, I can't imagine buying any cookbook that this family puts out. If you've ever been to a southern church potluck or a Midwestern funeral, you've pretty much been exposed to everything the Griffiths eat. Why would anyone pay money for professional pictures of 7 can soup, or any of the other "recipes" that have been posted a million times on the internet since 1996?

I make plenty of awful convenience-ish food, but I don't feel motivated to claim it as my own and write (compile, really) a book about it.

Alternate Title: Cashing In
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Do you think Ellie and Bonnie will publish recipes they have already made videos for? I'm thinking of buttercream frosting, pumpkin cookies, the sweet potato soup, all the "what's in Ellie's Belly" recipes?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

winniewise wrote:Do you think Ellie and Bonnie will publish recipes they have already made videos for? I'm thinking of buttercream frosting, pumpkin cookies, the sweet potato soup, all the "what's in Ellie's Belly" recipes?

Yes. Definitely. They have no shame, they will think NOTHING of making people pay for a recipe they previously shared for free.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
winniewise wrote:Do you think Ellie and Bonnie will publish recipes they have already made videos for? I'm thinking of buttercream frosting, pumpkin cookies, the sweet potato soup, all the "what's in Ellie's Belly" recipes?

Yes. Definitely. They have no shame, they will think NOTHING of making people pay for a recipe they previously shared for free.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Ellie puts a hello fresh recipe in the book? Look out for the Beef ragu! Hahaha

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Oh for sure! Those recipes are already "done," no additional Googling required. The cookbook simply must have all the classic Griffiths recipes, which they reappropriated from Pinterest a few years ago.

ETA: lol @ Hello Fresh. I remember the first time I came across integrated ads in a magazine, full page ads made to look like articles. Jared will prob read this and shoot HF a pitch for integrated ads in their family keepsake cookbook asap.
hnelson1443
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hnelson1443 »

Has anyone preordered a cookbook for us to have a sneak peak when they come out finally? Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

hnelson1443 wrote:Has anyone preordered a cookbook for us to have a sneak peak when they come out finally? Haha

Even if they did, the cookbooks haven't been mailed out yet! :D
hnelson1443
Talker
Talker

sheltiefan wrote:
hnelson1443 wrote:Has anyone preordered a cookbook for us to have a sneak peak when they come out finally? Haha

I know, I guess I worded it poorly. I meant to say whenever anyone (if anyone) receives a book they should share once they're able.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

hnelson1443 wrote:
sheltiefan wrote:

I know, I guess I worded it poorly. I meant to say whenever anyone (if anyone) receives a book they should share once they're able.

I was joking around with it. They are all still pushing the cookbooks in their vlogs and they haven't got the preorders shipped out yet!! The way they did on not explaining the delay until everyone started asking about it may hurt their future sales!
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I still can't get over the fact that Ruby clearly stated in a vlog awhile ago that she never bothers using cookbooks because they're a pain in the butt- she just looks stuff up online! I wish I could find that vlog now.
hnelson1443
Talker
Talker

sheltiefan wrote:
hnelson1443 wrote:
sheltiefan wrote: Even if they did, the cookbooks haven't been mailed out yet! :D

I was joking around with it. They are all still pushing the cookbooks in their vlogs and they haven't got the preorders shipped out yet!! The way they did on not explaining the delay until everyone started asking about it may hurt their future sales!
How ridiculous. They should have started the pre orders the day they got the books instead of weeks (months?) beforehand. Then they could've had the next couple weeks to prepare to ship and then start shipping on time.

I also remember Ruby saying that at some point with the while looking online thing.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

A few people asked when they were getting their cookbook today on the E&J board because they were getting annoyed they hadn’t heard anything. Their comments were all deleted by a few hours later. They deleted a ton of comments today. If I were a stan that had bought a book and still hadn’t heard anything, I’d be really annoyed.

KatAce95
Talker
Talker

Unread post by KatAce95 »

Hey Guys, Ruby has over 100 recipes on her old cooking blog:http://goodlookinhomecookin.blogspot.com/ the recipes are very simple and I would assume the book has a lot of these recipes in it.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”