Ellie + Jared: E+J All The Way Part 3

sarah

Re: Ellie + Jared: E+J All The Way Part 3

Unread post by sarah »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
westwuff wrote:
usmelllikesnow wrote:
I don't know if you watch all the vlogs or not, but we have watched Jackson help her make zucchini bread, well as much as a 2 year old can, lol. I think he mostly ate the chocolate chips :D
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought she just had him sit up on the counter and eat mini chocolate chips while she made the bread? I didn't recall her naming the ingredients/actions, having him scoop/pour/stir or even squish the zuchinni, play in some flour? I took it that it was a way to keep Jackson in view and out of trouble while she made bread. Don't remember which vlog though to see if I'm wrong.
I don't think you're wrong. I guess at least he was up there watching, but you're right when you say we don't see him doing a lot of "hands on" learning activities. They are very good at developing his language though, Image.

He actually doesn't even seem to have a ton of toys. Not sure if it's because Ellie has said she doesn't like the clutter, or if it's because he prefers rocks. if it's the clutter thing, then is think she'll have to work on that in the coming year because kids just tend to have stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Macey Gaines" (ugh) can always send Jackson one of her 1,000 toys!
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I wish we had less toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
phie20 wrote:I could totally see some of those young (voluntarily young) moms rebelling in their mid 20's or later. Like Ruby for example, she's about 35 now and really wants to go back to school, get a diploma and have a job.

Maybe Ellie finds out that she's missed something. Its never too late to learn something. If thats the case one day, I hope she's going to take the opportunity. I remember her saying, becoming a stay at home mom was her ultimate goal in life. And thats okay. But goals can change, especially if you're young.

I'm just a little concerned she might be too proud to admit that she's not happy with her life-goal (anymore).
This is exactly why I think Bryan and Missy are as immature as they are. They are reliving their youth now that they've found that being parents isn't quite what they thought it would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And they're not broke like they were when they were younger...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

I'm guessing cosmetology doesn't take quite as long as a four year degree but... I kno a lot of people who graduated college at 21-22. If you start at 18 and actually get it done in 4 years, 100% possible. Also do we know if Jared has a degree? Between his mission and hip issues, I'm not sure if I know whether he ever finished.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I'm guessing cosmetology doesn't take quite as long as a four year degree but... I kno a lot of people who graduated college at 21-22. If you start at 18 and actually get it done in 4 years, 100% possible. Also do we know if Jared has a degree? Between his mission and hip issues, I'm not sure if I know whether he ever finished.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Oops. Double post sorry
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

angelfire89 wrote:I'm guessing cosmetology doesn't take quite as long as a four year degree but... I kno a lot of people who graduated college at 21-22. If you start at 18 and actually get it done in 4 years, 100% possible. Also do we know if Jared has a degree? Between his mission and hip issues, I'm not sure if I know whether he ever finished.

He graduated from BYU with a degree in Exercise Science. I remember there was a TBT video with him in a cap and gown for the thumbnail.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I got the impression from today's vlog that Jared went to he appt because he didn't even really know what was going on with Calvin's neck. Did anyone else think that?

I'm so glad they are at least getting a second opinion. I would hate for them to waste any more time than they already have. If he was supposed to go 2-3 times a week, then I imagine he missed a few appointments with all the travelling!
observer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by observer »

I also got that impression from the past couple of vlogs. To me, it seems like Jared is just now able to get involved with Calvin in general. I'm glad he updated us on what is going on, and hopefully will continue to do so, because Ellie probably knew from the chiropractor already that it was torticollis but didn't mention it at least the videos that I have watched.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Loved today's vlog! FFd through the 4 wheeler footage.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Jackson and his juggling was adorable.

PoorUnfortunateSouls
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PoorUnfortunateSouls »

Ellie's hair looks really good in that picture where it's dark!
Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda cute that they call him their snapping turtle and it turns out he has a condition called torticollis? Not to be insensitive...
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

I think that's my favorite vlog in a long while! I actually like the 4 wheelin footage because I love to see the landscape of Utah. Very different from where I live.

Calvin's neck seemed better to me today, but I'm still glad they are going to try physical therapy.

Also loved sleepy Jackson at the end. So sweet. I always like their videos with family.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I'm happy to see Jared getting involved with Calvin's appointments. I had the same feeling that he has been out of touch with the neck issues. I'm surprised by that since he is with the family all of the time. It just reinforces to me that all the traveling this summer wasn't the best choice. Thank goodness they are home!!!
PoorUnfortunateSouls
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PoorUnfortunateSouls »

I loved seeing Ellie's empties video. Hopefully now that they're back home she will be posting more, I always like her videos.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Beauty videos are my FAVORITES on YouTube. And empties are my ultimate favorite! I was pretty giddy!

Sapphire
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sapphire »

I get the impression that Ellie doesn't really inform Jared on what's going on with Calvin. Obviously Jared knew that Calvin had some sort of issue with his neck, and yesterday's vlog he said " we need to do more for his neck " good job to Jared for taking initiative, getting involved, going to the appointment and informing us about what's going on. (something Ellie hasn't done at all).

Also, didn't a lot of you/viewers suggest to Ellie that Calvin may have torticollis? And Ellie got kind of defensive and said it wasn't that? I think this was on Twitter, and today we find out that it is actually that. That's the thing I really don't like about some of these YouTube moms. They always seem to have the " I know better " front. Especially Missy and now Ellie. It's really annoying. You don't know any better than the rest of us.

Anyway. In my unpopular and personal opinion, I think Jared does a better job with children.
And I'm glad he said they need to more for his neck.
I, too, have been getting annoyed with Ellie. The Walmart issue was ridiculous and she showed a sense of brattiness and entitlement. There was no reason to overdramatize that to the extent she did. I don't think anyone purposely ignored her, but take it as you will.
She's also been really snappy with Jared in the previous vlogs pretty recently which I think is ridiculous. Also, when they were at Bonnie's and Ellie admitted that she was being a bitch to Jared at 2am by telling him he isn't helping and that he's the worst, sorry, but you need to seriously woman up. We can't excuse or defend her behavior on " she's just not getting enough sleep! She's tired " because there are things she could be doing that she refuses to do. Jared really liked feeding Calvin, and Ellie decided to breastfeed him instead of allowing Jared to bond by feeding his son. She really needs to start advantage of having a willing, loving and caring husband who's home all the time.
She could make bottles so that Jared can take over feeding so Ellie can get more sleep but she's not doing that.
I'm sorry, but I won't excuse or defend her behavior when there's things she could be doing to help herself. Like stop traveling so much, introduce a stable schedule, and allowing Jared to help out. Calvin is just as much his son than hers.
Besides that, I've been getting more and more annoyed with Ellie lately. Not annoyed by Jared though. I don't think he " tries " to be funny, I think he's just actually like that. He's just a funny, positive guy in general and it's refreshing to see rather than Ellie whining about not sleeping enough, or whining about Calvin. When she could be doing things to help the situation.

Sorry for writing so much. I never wrote on this forum before and I had a lot to say. :p
Sapphire
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sapphire »

I get the impression that Ellie doesn't really inform Jared on what's going on with Calvin. Obviously Jared knew that Calvin had some sort of issue with his neck, and yesterday's vlog he said " we need to do more for his neck " good job to Jared for taking initiative, getting involved, going to the appointment and informing us about what's going on. (something Ellie hasn't done at all).

Also, didn't a lot of you/viewers suggest to Ellie that Calvin may have torticollis? And Ellie got kind of defensive and said it wasn't that? I think this was on Twitter, and today we find out that it is actually that. That's the thing I really don't like about some of these YouTube moms. They always seem to have the " I know better " front. Especially Missy and now Ellie. It's really annoying. You don't know any better than the rest of us.

Anyway. In my unpopular and personal opinion, I think Jared does a better job with children.
And I'm glad he said they need to more for his neck.
I, too, have been getting annoyed with Ellie. The Walmart issue was ridiculous and she showed a sense of brattiness and entitlement. There was no reason to overdramatize that to the extent she did. I don't think anyone purposely ignored her, but take it as you will.
She's also been really snappy with Jared in the previous vlogs pretty recently which I think is ridiculous. Also, when they were at Bonnie's and Ellie admitted that she was being a bitch to Jared at 2am by telling him he isn't helping and that he's the worst, sorry, but you need to seriously woman up. We can't excuse or defend her behavior on " she's just not getting enough sleep! She's tired " because there are things she could be doing that she refuses to do. Jared really liked feeding Calvin, and Ellie decided to breastfeed him instead of allowing Jared to bond by feeding his son. She really needs to start advantage of having a willing, loving and caring husband who's home all the time.
She could make bottles so that Jared can take over feeding so Ellie can get more sleep but she's not doing that.
I'm sorry, but I won't excuse or defend her behavior when there's things she could be doing to help herself. Like stop traveling so much, introduce a stable schedule, and allowing Jared to help out. Calvin is just as much his son than hers.
Besides that, I've been getting more and more annoyed with Ellie lately. Not annoyed by Jared though. I don't think he " tries " to be funny, I think he's just actually like that. He's just a funny, positive guy in general and it's refreshing to see rather than Ellie whining about not sleeping enough, or whining about Calvin. When she could be doing things to help the situation.

Sorry for writing so much. I never wrote on this forum before and I had a lot to say. :p
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sapphire- she thought he might have torticollis but the pedi said t wasn't the case. I think people have been saying she needs a second opinion.

usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

sapphiretrinity wrote:I get the impression that Ellie doesn't really inform Jared on what's going on with Calvin. Obviously Jared knew that Calvin had some sort of issue with his neck, and yesterday's vlog he said " we need to do more for his neck " good job to Jared for taking initiative, getting involved, going to the appointment and informing us about what's going on. (something Ellie hasn't done at all).

She took him to the doctor on the recommendation of viewers who mentioned torticollis. The doctor said he didn't have it.

I don't know how Jared would not know what is going on with Calvin, when he's with Ellie and the kids almost 24 hours a day. I don't see it as Jared not being involved. I think they have given the chiropractor a reasonable amount of time to make a difference, and now they are being proactive in taking him to PT since it hasn't completely resolved.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”