Ellie + Jared: Part 4

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 4

Unread post by GymChick »

I know you shouldn't compare children, my little sister didn't roll until 7 months according to my mom (but then she was walking at 8) but I believe on jacksons 5 months update Ellie said Jackson was rolling all over to get where he wanted. (Did Ellie do an update for every month with Jackson)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

Ellie didn't get Jackson a rattle until he was nearly 5 months old (Target haul video on her channel just before Jackson's 5 month update).

But I am going to be this person.
1) babies don't need a lot of toys. Using safe objects around the house (sock balls, tupperwear, pans and spoons) as well as lots of face to face time is more than sufficient for his age.

2) wearing Calvin allows him to strengthen his neck and core by looking around, allows him to be engaged with people and surroundings without being overstimulated. Never discourage someone from babywearing!

3) Calvin's difficulty sleeping is likely because they rock him to sleep. With some children this is what they strongly prefer and is very difficult to break. I think Ellie should just accrpt this or if she is really so exhausted, start laying him down awake and sleep train. Once or twice a night waking up is no big deal imo.

4) Calvin is not yet behind developmentally as others have said. He will likely lag a little due to his neck issues. Lack of toys and babywearing do not cause this.

4) here's the big one people are likely to object to. Not all babies are equal just like not all people are equal. You can't compare MG to Calvin and say she's so advanced because of her toys. Some babies and some peoole are smarter than others.

P.S. i agree with everyone on how unsafe it is to leave Calvin alone and propped up out of arm's reach.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:OT, their video today was sponsored and it was disclosed in writing in the description. It's been a pet peeve of mine when they are unclear in the video, so I'm happy to see they are following the law.
They always put "This is a sponsored video" in the description. I know because for a two week stretch earlier this year every video seemed like it was sponsored so I would check the description before watching the video.
Zeeami
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Zeeami »

I don't know how Ellie is gonna be if they have more children. The older they get, the messier things will be in her home. Jackson should have puzzles or stacking blocks at his age (my daughter is 2 weeks older than him). If they keep it up with the way it is, where they are only allowed some toys in a closet under the stairs, I would lock up my playstation 4 and other expensive electronics. He will definitely try to ram a rock in somewhere and ruin something, haha.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Agreed that they can also, in addition to toys, play with household things although I do not see them doing this. I think once E gave Jackson some pots when she was cooking. And Calvin isn't ever seen playing. True that lack of toys will not cause delays but he needs to have the opportunity to practice skills and work on his muscle strength. I'd like to see E use a front baby carrier as opposed to the wrap. I think it would be better for Calvin's neck and allow him to stretch more and look around. The wrap keeps him too snug to her! He can barely move or look around! I see her treating him like a newborn and not a 5 month old.

Kids are messy and have lots of stuff. You can't deny them things because you want a spotless house. You have to deal with it for the sake of the kids! I can be a neatfreak so it raise my blood pressure when my kids fingerpaint but I still let them do it! E needs to get over it!
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

Something that really annoys me are the one take sunday..... this is so boring....

I know that Calvin has time to progress and there are some very good arguments given here on the babywearing, but due to his neck, wouldn't' it make more sense to leave his head out of the wrap?

OT... sorry for that... new mum's question: Is Calvin high enough in his wrap? I thought babies should be more higher when carried and that you should be able to kiss their forehead?
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

minmouse wrote:Agreed that they can also, in addition to toys, play with household things although I do not see them doing this. I think once E gave Jackson some pots when she was cooking. And Calvin isn't ever seen playing. True that lack of toys will not cause delays but he needs to have the opportunity to practice skills and work on his muscle strength. I'd like to see E use a front baby carrier as opposed to the wrap. I think it would be better for Calvin's neck and allow him to stretch more and look around. The wrap keeps him too snug to her! He can barely move or look around! I see her treating him like a newborn and not a 5 month old.

Kids are messy and have lots of stuff. You can't deny them things because you want a spotless house. You have to deal with it for the sake of the kids! I can be a neatfreak so it raise my blood pressure when my kids fingerpaint but I still let them do it! E needs to get over it!
She does use the ergo a lot with him which is a soft structured carrier. I baby wear a lot (wrap and SSC) and I think it's helping her neck strength/balance. And keeps them off their head so they don't develop a flat spot. And if you mean a forward facing carrier (one where baby can see everything- like in the hang over lol) those are a big no-no, I call them crotch danglers lol. They only hold baby up by the crotch and don't support their hips which could cause issues. Sorry lol I also agree both boys need more toys but I am a huge baby wearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I meant the soft structer kind, not the forward facing. I don't remember her using one but it could be I just didn't notice.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

He plays outside with his little water table a lot. If he wants to go outside and play with rocks, what can you do? I say, save the toys in the closet for when the weather is bad and he can't play in front of their house or at the playground.

He also plays with toys in the bath, he plays with pots and pans, they read to him every night. The kid feeds himself and was stacking dice this week. I'm not worried.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Kids have toys, it's just a fact. If Ellie doesn't want toys/clutter in her house she can stop having children.

I mean, it's not like her house is always spotless (boxes, diapers, clutter).

And again, those boots... they are going to ruin his developing feet. It's like a little girl wearing high heels everyday. That would be cute, but ridiculous. Putting them on him so they both "match" is very immature to me, as is a lot of what Ellie does lately.

Like everyone was saying about Aspyn wanting this perfect picture. Ellie still does too! She doesn't realize it doesn't exist. Life is not as perfect as what you see on TV/YT or your friends FB feeds. Life with kids is chaotic, noisy and filled with toys.
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

Soooooo let's agree to disagree :D :D ;)

Ellie is far from being messy! Her house is always clean and tidy. And for the diapers, can someone tell me if this is true? Seriously, not saying its not don't get me wrong, but I cannot remember that. Only the vlog where she was throwing diapers to Jared which obviously was gross.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lalila wrote:Soooooo let's agree to disagree :D :D ;)

Ellie is far from being messy! Her house is always clean and tidy. And for the diapers, can someone tell me if this is true? Seriously, not saying its not don't get me wrong, but I cannot remember that. Only the vlog where she was throwing diapers to Jared which obviously was gross.
To clarify, I didn't say her house was messy, only that it isn't always spotless and clutter free.

It seems like Ellie controls Jackson's mess by limiting what he has access to, rather than letting him play and teaching him to clean up after. I can see doing this to a point, especially in certain areas of the house, but I really feel like Jackson only has a handful of toys and we've seen them all.

But yep, agree to disagree Image
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

Aaaaah ok I get what you mean ;)
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

Just seen a tweet from Ellie from the 22nd of October (sorry if already been discussed).... once again about breastfeeding to increase her milk supply......

MY GOD THIS KIDDO IS 5MONTHS OLD! if she has been able to breastfeed since then and not using formula ever since.... then she is doing brilliantly.

She has to freaking stop with this! The recommendation is 6 months anyway, so only one month to go and she can start weaning.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Today's vlog....

Ellie and Jared preach about enjoying the moments you are in right now, while talking and alluding non-stop about the future

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lalila wrote:Just seen a tweet from Ellie from the 22nd of October (sorry if already been discussed).... once again about breastfeeding to increase her milk supply......

MY GOD THIS KIDDO IS 5MONTHS OLD! if she has been able to breastfeed since then and not using formula ever since.... then she is doing brilliantly.

She has to freaking stop with this! The recommendation is 6 months anyway, so only one month to go and she can start weaning.
Plus I think she's carried on about it so much, that I really do think she feels it makes her a better mom. Instead of researching supplements she admits she doesn't need yet, she could have been playing with Jackson.

My guess is she'll BF until he's at least one though. I don't even see her introducing purées at 6 months. I think she'll keep Calvin feeling like a baby as long as possible.

usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

lalila wrote:Just seen a tweet from Ellie from the 22nd of October (sorry if already been discussed).... once again about breastfeeding to increase her milk supply......

Maybe she freaked out because someone she knows is now having to supplement with formula?

Laila, I think you are in a different country, so I am interested to hear what babies do at six months where you live.

I think she should breastfeed him as long as she can since he has stomach issues. If she stops at six months, he would have to switch to formula, which might be a disaster with his stomach issues. In the US, babies generally start cow's milk at 1 year, some old school docs start at 9 months. We start cereal here at four months, but I know some doctors do it later. The introduction of cereal helps some babies with their reflux, so that might actually help him.
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

usmelllikesnow wrote:

Maybe she freaked out because someone she knows is now having to supplement with formula?

Laila, I think you are in a different country, so I am interested to hear what babies do at six months where you live.

I think she should breastfeed him as long as she can since he has stomach issues. If she stops at six months, he would have to switch to formula, which might be a disaster with his stomach issues. In the US, babies generally start cow's milk at 1 year, some old school docs start at 9 months. We start cereal here at four months, but I know some doctors do it later. The introduction of cereal helps some babies with their reflux, so that might actually help him.
You do have a point on this one but Lincoln drop in terms of percentile and I don't think Calvin did? So as long as Calvin is taking weight, I would say she is doing fine.

I am originally from somewhere else but here in the UK they do recommend breastfeeding exclusively until 6months and then starting progressively with weaning. What I wrote is wrong sorry for that, I meant to say that starting 6months you don't only breastfeed solely but also introduce vegetables/fruits therefore, she will have less stress on her shoulders.

My husband's country of origin, they give also teas to babies and will slowly start weaning at 5months.

Edit: forgot my own country of origin as I don't have a clue what they do, will tend to say same as the US :D :D
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I don't think Ellie is a bad mother, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think she is a particularly good mother. Granted, she loves her kids, but that's about all I'm willing to give her credit for at this point.
sunshinean
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunshinean »

Do you guys think they are still friends with samika? I don't think they said anything about Jen's pregnancy and don't mention them at all..n

Return to “Ellie and Jared”