Ellie + Jared: Part 6

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 6

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:Twomommies, would you please private message me the name of your channel? I tried to pm you twice, and tried to pm a few ither people, but it just diesn't work for me. I really woukd like to see your vlogs. Or perhaps you could just happen to reference the name of your channel in your next post, you would probably get several new followers....
It's possible the messages are sending. They don't really show up in the regular box until you get a response Image
It's possible, but I didn't see anything indicating any message was sent. So I went back to the thread and communicated via a post. Nobody claimed to have received the pm. So, I hesitate to go through the aggravation again.

OT: Anyone watching Julie's vlogs? I'm looking forward to making some comparisons on our new Griffith thread and was doing a little homework, haha....
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
lurkymclurkerston wrote:Why did they have to be so loud when they got to the movies? It was so obnoxious. :(

I did not catch the ball color change. Good eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing. I'm hoping it was in reaction to having the theatre to themselves, and that they would have chilled a bit had others been in there... sadly I'm not so sure Image
Even out in the lobby/concession/games area they were so freaking loud. Reminds me of teenagers on Friday night when moms drop them off at the theatre lol. Loud and annoying.

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

lurkymclurkerston wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:
lurkymclurkerston wrote:Why did they have to be so loud when they got to the movies? It was so obnoxious. :(

I did not catch the ball color change. Good eye!

I thought the same thing. I'm hoping it was in reaction to having the theatre to themselves, and that they would have chilled a bit had others been in there... sadly I'm not so sure Image
Even out in the lobby/concession/games area they were so freaking loud. Reminds me of teenagers on Friday night when moms drop them off at the theatre lol. Loud and annoying.

Whenever E&J vlog in public (and therefore turn on their over the top personas) I have to wonder what the people around them must be thinking. If I saw people filming themselves and acting all crazy and flamboyant (Jared) I would think they were not only extremely self absorbed, but insane.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

^^^^ yes, and if I worked in retail and they started asking me for balls I'd ignore them.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
lurkymclurkerston wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote: I thought the same thing. I'm hoping it was in reaction to having the theatre to themselves, and that they would have chilled a bit had others been in there... sadly I'm not so sure Image

Whenever E&J vlog in public (and therefore turn on their over the top personas) I have to wonder what the people around them must be thinking. If I saw people filming themselves and acting all crazy and flamboyant (Jared) I would think they were not only extremely self absorbed, but insane.
Shay too... They way he yells and sings and dances around with a camera in his own face, I just wonder what passersby think...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lurkymclurkerston wrote:^^^^ yes, and if I worked in retail and they started asking me for balls I'd ignore them. ImageImageImage

And dancing in a store while their child runs away... major side eye for that too IRL Image
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I've gone with friends to the movies and discovered that we were the only ones there. It never did occur to us to get loud and obnoxious or run around the theater like a crazed child. They're setting a great example for their kids.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

Ellie uploaded a video on her channel that has footage of them going through the process of buying their lot. Makes me hopeful they're still planning on staying open about things. I'm guessing they maybe just kept things under wraps until they actually had the lot. I'd guess it felt easier to explain after it was all one than explain it all beforehand, have things possibly fall through, and have to explain all that, too. Seems like a lot of thought really went into the lot they chose.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

It's very interesting for me to watch this video. I know everyone does things differently and I am lucky to own a house. But where I am from and watching all of my friends; we have bought a house, got the dog and/or cat and THEN have the kids. So it's strange seeing this different perspective with them stating "start of our lives" getting so emotional about signing papers. Lol idk guess me and my hubby were just very anti climatic when we bought our house and got our cat lol. It was having a baby that was more of the OMG START OF OUR LIVES IM CRYING moment for us.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:
Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:Twomommies, would you please private message me the name of your channel? I tried to pm you twice, and tried to pm a few ither people, but it just diesn't work for me. I really woukd like to see your vlogs. Or perhaps you could just happen to reference the name of your channel in your next post, you would probably get several new followers....
It's possible the messages are sending. They don't really show up in the regular box until you get a response Image
It's possible, but I didn't see anything indicating any message was sent. So I went back to the thread and communicated via a post. Nobody claimed to have received the pm. So, I hesitate to go through the aggravation again.

OT: Anyone watching Julie's vlogs? I'm looking forward to making some comparisons on our new Griffith thread and was doing a little homework, haha....
Sorry I didn't see this, I haven't really been on between starting school and being the smart woman I am, accidentally breaking glass DVD getting small pieces throughout my arm

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote:It's very interesting for me to watch this video. I know everyone does things differently and I am lucky to own a house. But where I am from and watching all of my friends; we have bought a house, got the dog and/or cat and THEN have the kids. So it's strange seeing this different perspective with them stating "start of our lives" getting so emotional about signing papers. Lol idk guess me and my hubby were just very anti climatic when we bought our house and got our cat lol. It was having a baby that was more of the OMG START OF OUR LIVES IM CRYING moment for us.

Having a baby IS the start of your lives. A house is just where you live. Yes, it's a joke, but that can be anywhere if it has to be.

This ideology speaks to Ellie's immaturity IMO. She has all these built up hopes and dreams about what life will be like in their new home. That's ok, and totally understandable, but from what we've seen of her she definitely is unable to take things in stride. If that picture doesn't turn out EXACTLY as she thought it would, I think she'll be disappointed.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:It's very interesting for me to watch this video. I know everyone does things differently and I am lucky to own a house. But where I am from and watching all of my friends; we have bought a house, got the dog and/or cat and THEN have the kids. So it's strange seeing this different perspective with them stating "start of our lives" getting so emotional about signing papers. Lol idk guess me and my hubby were just very anti climatic when we bought our house and got our cat lol. It was having a baby that was more of the OMG START OF OUR LIVES IM CRYING moment for us.

Having a baby IS the start of your lives. A house is just where you live. Yes, it's a joke, but that can be anywhere if it has to be.

This ideology speaks to Ellie's immaturity IMO. She has all these built up hopes and dreams about what life will be like in their new home. That's ok, and totally understandable, but from what we've seen of her she definitely is unable to take things in stride. If that picture doesn't turn out EXACTLY as she thought it would, I think she'll be disappointed.
And remember they had a little preachy speech about happiness couple months ago about how you shouldn't think "when I get X I'll be happy" and then when you get X it is "when we get Y it will be better" ect and that you need to live and be happy in the moment.

Jared may think that way but I think Ellie thinks differently. I feel Ellie had her vision to get married after high school and that's all she thought about and that's all that made her happy. And then when she got married all she wanted was her baby to make her happy (I know she struggled to get it and that's unfortunate) and then once she got baby all she wants is a house, and it will go on and on. New car, another kid, ect ect. Can never be content even tho they constant preach about being content.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote: And remember they had a little preachy speech about happiness couple months ago about how you shouldn't think "when I get X I'll be happy" and then when you get X it is "when we get Y it will be better" ect and that you need to live and be happy in the moment.

Jared may think that way but I think Ellie thinks differently. I feel Ellie had her vision to get married after high school and that's all she thought about and that's all that made her happy. And then when she got married all she wanted was her baby to make her happy (I know she struggled to get it and that's unfortunate) and then once she got baby all she wants is a house, and it will go on and on. New car, another kid, ect ect. Can never be content even tho they constant preach about being content.

Ugh, this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. My husband is like this, and I hate it. He gets it from his family. My whole outlook is "just be happy now". More money might help ease stress, but it won't make you happy. Neither will larger homes, or fancier things. If that's the case, then you're looking for happiness outside of yourself IMO. Someone will always have something better than you, life is not a competition. If you live your life to impress others, you'll never win.

This is a huge contradiction to how the channel started. We're t they preachy about their simple life and living within your means? Now it's all about the "perfect future"? There are no perfect loves or futures. They have a blessed lie now. Should THEY (of all people) realize and appreciate that?

Look at Jared's family home and upbringing. Simple right? No ornate decor, fancy sitting rooms and pretentious affect. That's where his heart lays. I completely agree that Jared's idea of he future and Ellie's are very different. She can't share his time now. She's going to when he has lawns to mow and maintenance to keep up with? Having a house doesn't make you different people. Same people, bigger space, more stress and responsibility.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I agree that Ellie sets herself up for disappointment. Having a home is a lot of responsibility and there will be a lot to do and her expectations may be unrealistic. With that said, I enjoyed the vlog today. They were so excited and I can understand since my husband and I were pretty giddy when we built too. I am happy for them and hope they keep us in the loop while the built happens. I'd rather see their conversations as things happen than a recap like this months later. Those daily "we're so busy" or "we're doing something big" vlogs are pretty tedious and boring when you have no clue what they are up to. Heck, they are more selective about talking about the house than when she found out she was pregnant and having a possible miscarriage - it's weird what they choose to broadcast and what they keep close to the vest.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Why is Ellie so against feeding Calvin real food? Jackson shared a cracker with him and Calvin ate it. He is obviously ready and interested. He is 7.5 months now and it is completely fine for him to self-feed a cracker. Why did she say she won't give him another for quite a while?? At that age, my kids were eating crackers and self feeding soft solid foots like banana, pasta, Puffs, etc. I find this so strange!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

minmouse wrote:Why is Ellie so against feeding Calvin real food? Jackson shared a cracker with him and Calvin ate it. He is obviously ready and interested. He is 7.5 months now and it is completely fine for him to self-feed a cracker. Why did she say she won't give him another for quite a while?? At that age, my kids were eating crackers and self feeding soft solid foots like banana, pasta, Puffs, etc. I find this so strange!
Ellie doesn't seem to like self-feeding in general.

My guess is that she just isn't ready for Calvin to eat more. I know there is a school of thought out there within the Lactiviam community that "Food before one is just for fun". I'm petty sure Katie even mentioned this in her BLW vlogs. The WHO stresses the importance of mineral containing solids from the middle of the first year on. Breastmilk is a perfect food for younger babies, but it is not complete enough once they get older and start to deplete their mineral stores. It does have some highly absorbable iron in it, but not near enough. A baby would need to drink 4-13 litres or milk in a day to receive enough iron.

Ellie doesn't seem big on research though, so it wouldn't surprise me at all of she was misinformed.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

13 liters in a day? Seriously?
sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
minmouse wrote:Why is Ellie so against feeding Calvin real food? Jackson shared a cracker with him and Calvin ate it. He is obviously ready and interested. He is 7.5 months now and it is completely fine for him to self-feed a cracker. Why did she say she won't give him another for quite a while?? At that age, my kids were eating crackers and self feeding soft solid foots like banana, pasta, Puffs, etc. I find this so strange!
Ellie doesn't seem to like self-feeding in general.

My guess is that she just isn't ready for Calvin to eat more. I know there is a school of thought out there within the Lactiviam community that "Food before one is just for fun". I'm petty sure Katie even mentioned this in her BLW vlogs. The WHO stresses the importance of mineral containing solids from the middle of the first year on. Breastmilk is a perfect food for younger babies, but it is not complete enough once they get older and start to deplete their mineral stores. It does have some highly absorbable iron in it, but not near enough. A baby would need to drink 4-13 litres or milk in a day to receive enough iron.

Ellie doesn't seem big on research though, so it wouldn't surprise me at all of she was misinformed.
Yeah, I was told the food before one is just for fun thing, but I took out more to mean that I should keep nursing and not stress out about the amount of food my baby was getting while she was still learning to eat.

When ellie said at dinner that she needed one of those portable baby food things, I thought it was kinda silly, I would think calvin is getting too old for it to be useful now. I don't know, I did BLW with my daughter but even if you didn't, wouldn't you be transitioning from purres around this time?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Jared's sister Jennifer seems so calm and sweet. Come to think of it, so do his other siblings and his parents. Why is Jared so hyperactive?

Ellie - Calvin is totally old enough to eat baby food and even some finger foods. Let him!
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

parryhotter wrote:Randomly random thought: Has anyone ever brought up the fact that the title of their channel and even brand has Ellie's name first (EJ/Ellie and Jared)? Most other couple vloggers have the guy's name first. I wonder if this was an Ellie controlling thing, or it just happened that way. Things that make you go hmmmmm...

In an older vlog Jared said it was simply because it sounded and flowed better

Return to “Ellie and Jared”