Comparing The Griffiths (Post at your own risk!)

westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Comparing The Griffiths (Post at your own risk!)

Unread post by westwuff »

I'm going to chime in and say I talk to my husband like that when I've asked him to be careful or to pickup and he doesn't (many requests, not just one). I think anyone who won't respect their spouse's feelings/desires can expect to be snapped at occasionally. He's an adult and has every right to his feelings and the same goes for me. If it goes too far we apologize, makeup and move on. I'm fairly hot tempered though and I like things a certain way. Doesn't mean my marriage is garbage or I abuse my husband. I think that's what others are trying to say about B&J.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

westwuff wrote:I'm going to chime in and say I talk to my husband like that when I've asked him to be careful or to pickup and he doesn't (many requests, not just one). I think anyone who won't respect their spouse's feelings/desires can expect to be snapped at occasionally. He's an adult and has every right to his feelings and the same goes for me. If it goes too far we apologize, makeup and move on. I'm fairly hot tempered though and I like things a certain way. Doesn't mean my marriage is garbage or I abuse my husband. I think that's what others are trying to say about B&J.
Exactly.

Plus I've learned from experience that women are better at remembering their spouses likes/dislikes than men are so they don't necessarily need as many reminders. This is why I think women have a reputation for being more bitchy than men. Men only have to say once they don't like their tools messed with, but they may need to be told repeatedly that their wife would like the spoons placed in the correct slot Image
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

It's not just one moment. Do you even watch carefully? People used to point it out all the time in comments. Many people noticed.

Do you even know that abuse can be neglect, not paying attenton to your spouse's needs, being cold and reserved, not having any emotions for the other one? That kind of marriage can damage someone really badly and I knew a fiew marriages like that. Abuse is not only locking your spouse in a basement.

I think it is an abuse when you treat your spouse as a child and someone whos purpose is to make you happy all the time.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

This is a case of double standards..again.

If Joel purposely talked to Bonnie like a child on camera or disparaged her in any way, people would label him a controlling, abusive SOB and worry about the "kidses" emotional health. Imagine if Joel told Bonnie to watch her step out in the garage because he didn't want her to ruin his tools or if Joel chastised Bonnie for nicking the paint on his car and demanded she touch it up ASAP.

Just as if Joel ogled and swatted at Olivia's butt or fed her "treats" from his mouth or any of the weird stuff Bonnie has done to the kids, he'd be labeled a perv.

Imagine if Joel gained 20-30 lbs randomly! I doubt he'd be considered body goals or healthy and curvy. LOL

I'm just glad some people think it's unacceptable to henpick or snap at their husband just because they can. It was really beginning to depress me that this marriage is considered normal or "goals".
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

If you can read it in the comments then it must be true?
I guess every YTer is either pregnant, gay or a saint then

If you never fight with your spouse then congratulations you have the perfect marriage I guess. The rest of us are honest enough to admit we've had moments where anxiety, fear, hormones, overreaction have maybe led to poor judgement, and we've had to calm down later and realize our mistake. Still doesn't mean it's abuse. Maybe we are all headed for divorce, or maybe we just have a different dynamic where we aren't afraid to openly communicate?
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

HelloSweetie wrote:If you can read it in the comments then it must be true?
I guess every YTer is either pregnant, gay or a saint then Image

If you never fight with your spouse then congratulations you have the perfect marriage I guess. The rest of us are honest enough to admit we've had moments where anxiety, fear, hormones, overreaction have maybe led to poor judgement, and we've had to calm down later and realize our mistake. Still doesn't mean it's abuse. Maybe we are all headed for divorce, or maybe we just have a different dynamic where we aren't afraid to openly communicate?
You have problems understanding. I said this problem was noticed by many people, it's not something one creepy person said.

I said that arguments are normal in friendship, let alone relationship/marriage. Have you read anything except for what you want to hear? Argument is one thing, being bossy and treating your spouse like a kid on your territory is another thing. Bonnie even admitted in their sibling q&a that she would force her sisters to sniff her armpits and her head skin! She is bossy. And a little bit bully by nature.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

always wrote:
You have problems understanding. I said this problem was noticed by many people, it's not something one creepy person said.

I said that arguments are normal in friendship, let alone relationship/marriage. Have you read anything except for what you want to hear? Argument is one thing, being bossy and treating your spouse like a kid on your territory is another thing. Bonnie even admitted in their sibling q&a that she would force her sisters to sniff her armpits and her head skin! She is bossy. And a little bit bully by nature.
Oh my... sorry to butt in, but seriously? The rude comments that come from you merely because someone has a different opinion are mind boggling. The irony of telling HelloSweetie she has problems understanding, and following it up with a statement that makes it clear that it is, in fact, /you/ who is having the problem understanding. You haven't proved your point any more by restating the same points and adding condescending remarks. If you feel the need to defend every differentiating opinion of yours to the death, you have probably come to the wrong place. Move on. Image

(Sorry, everyone, to clog up the feed, but I just felt something needed to be said. The rude remarks/personal attacks are getting old, and this isn't the only feed that it happens on.)
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

always wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:If you can read it in the comments then it must be true?
I guess every YTer is either pregnant, gay or a saint then Image

Oh the irony!

Seriously always... your posts have a tone far more condescension than anything anyone else says to you. I've seen you argue on many boards now. Just chill.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

always is a troll.

the most 'fun' this board has had since good ol' saph.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote:always is a troll.

Lo, I was having Saph flashbacks too. She was always more self-depricating and pathetic than she was sanctimonious.

Unless I'm forgetting some of her identities Image
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:always is a troll.

Lo, I was having Saph flashbacks too. She was always more self-depricating and pathetic than she was sanctimonious.

Unless I'm forgetting some of her identities Image
I have added her as foe after she caused similar unnecessary drama in a different board- now this board is hilarious, seems like you are all arguing about nothing. If you haven't tried adding someone as foe, you should, it is liberating.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Social Blade has some interesting projections for the sisters. Ruby is going to surpass Ellie in views and subscribers, likely within six months. And she and Bonnie don't have to share their earnings with a network. Bonnie may not pass them by, but she's doing all right. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Ellie to get pregnant and how that affects views. Can they keep the kiddos interested while posting infertility vlogs? It's like they're trying to do both, and it's a knife edge.
https://socialblade.com/youtube/compare ... passengers

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ReginaPhalange
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ReginaPhalange »

always wrote:
lyilya31 wrote:Hi guys. I am new here. I'm from Croatia and watching vlogs regularly. I dont like Ellie and Jared. They are so fake. Look at how they changed from the beggining to now.
And Bonnie is starting to annoy me. She has change a lot.
Their whole family just do nothing and live from youtube. I wish that you tube stop paying for vlogs. That would be great LOL.
Hi! I'm from Montenegro :). Koliko imas godina? I think we have the similar poit of view due to similar cultures. Bonnie is fat, Ellie is filthy, they are all just stupid.
Hi from Bosnia! :) don't forget- we're pretty loud, too!
Teenyj
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Teenyj »

We get to talk about the whole family? Yippee!

I am surprised at these people. Mom and Dad seem to be really down to earth people ( I could be very wrong) but their children are so into themselves. The hair, the make up, the clothes and the things they own. It really is shameful!

They are LDS and frankly an embarrassment to the church. Constantly selling themselves. This project, that project. Making lifestyles from other people's generosity. It makes me sick!

It's hard to watch horses talk all thru a vlog. Their mouths and teeth are HUGE! And finish your words people!
MounTAIN, not mountIN. Drives me crazy!

And now they are doing a cookbook. I hope and pray it is for YOUR family and you don't try to sell it to the public. Have you seen what you cook? Crap! You cook every recipe we all do. Really!

Go away!
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Well I guess we know where the Griffith kids get their lack of moving vehicle safety from. In the latest Grandma/Grandpa vlog Chad taking Cody down the street in his Polaris (if that's what it is), Cody sat on his lap sans seat belt and helmet with wheel in hand. Jennifer at least mentioned putting his seat belt on when he first got in but actions speak louder than words.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Wow. The difference between the sisters is so glaring in the China vlogs, and even in the titles and thumbnails. Bonnie's are about the experience of being there, and E&J's are about her. "They Hit on My Husband!" and "Stopped Because I look Different!" Just ridiculous.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

I wonder if it was okay with Bonnie and Joel that Grandpa Griffiths put 6 year old Cody up a ladder to the second story of his house to clean the rain gutters?! Or if they were too afraid to correct anything intimidating Chad chooses to do.

I did notice that Boston, who in general is a very nervous child, seems very comfortable with G&G.
procraftinating
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by procraftinating »

I mainly watch Bonnie and 8 Passengers but have been checking out Ellie and Julie a bit more out of curiousity, and the grandparent's channel too. I think a lot of us would agree that most of these mormon vlogging families are pretty boring because their lives are very white bread/basic middle-class family lives... even though many aspects of their lifestyle are unrealistic and unattainable at the same time. But I still kinda like Bonnie! Maybe it is an act and she is far from perfect but she is funny and relatable and I do enjoy watching her, and I like Joel and their adorable kids too! I have been watching Bonnie fairly regularly for a couple years. 8 passengers is more of a hate watch for me, but I like watching it to see what dumb thing Ruby will do or say next (we're allowed to dump all our trash in the school dumpster).

Ellie and Jared... I seriously don't get it, like at all. Even with the pregnancy/miscarriage/we're infertile and these two will be our only children/we're actually pregnant drama over the past while, Ellie is so, so, so incredibly boring. How on earth can they have the most subscribers? I never watched them much because they could bore the socks off of a speed knitting grandma. They have got to be the most dull family on youtube.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

procraftinating wrote:I mainly watch Bonnie and 8 Passengers but have been checking out Ellie and Julie a bit more out of curiousity, and the grandparent's channel too. I think a lot of us would agree that most of these mormon vlogging families are pretty boring because their lives are very white bread/basic middle-class family lives... even though many aspects of their lifestyle are unrealistic and unattainable at the same time. But I still kinda like Bonnie! Maybe it is an act and she is far from perfect but she is funny and relatable and I do enjoy watching her, and I like Joel and their adorable kids too! I have been watching Bonnie fairly regularly for a couple years. 8 passengers is more of a hate watch for me, but I like watching it to see what dumb thing Ruby will do or say next (we're allowed to dump all our trash in the school dumpster).

Ellie and Jared... I seriously don't get it, like at all. Even with the pregnancy/miscarriage/we're infertile and these two will be our only children/we're actually pregnant drama over the past while, Ellie is so, so, so incredibly boring. How on earth can they have the most subscribers? I never watched them much because they could bore the socks off of a speed knitting grandma. They have got to be the most dull family on youtube.
Ellie and Jared sell themselves as the most perfect family on YT. They post tons of posey pics where they are kissing, and make lots of lovey dovey posts (well, Jared does). I think that's the only reason they have more subs. He'll I even bought into their wholesome and perfect image for awhile! That and the major boost they got by being friends with DB. Even that's not helping anymore though.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

I put this in the E+J thread but realize that was the wrong place so will post it here too:

Did anyone watch Grandma and Grandpa Griffiths vlog of the Christmas party at their house? Holy cow, when Jennifer gets all the kids to sit down in front of her whilst she holds court. And then proceeds to get so emotional she begins to cry. Those poor kids didn't know where to look or what to say, they were so uncomfortable and confused.

Starts @ 14:29 mins: -
Chad junior's face from 14:36 and 14:40 and Julie's from 14:48-14:50 sums it up lol. I get the message she's trying to give but holy wackadoodle the delivery needs some work.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “Ellie and Jared”