Ellie + Jared: Part 9

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 9

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lurkymclurkerston wrote:What an awkward clip to keep in. Jared's dad defending himself about the expired food "we're better than that" or whatever. How embarrassing for his dad to be called out on expired food then Jared making it sound even worse. But I must admit, their house grosses me out. The thought of how cluttered it was. They raised a lot of kiddos in the house... I get it. I just couldn't live with so much "stuff". It would drive me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With all those kids, even when they move out, things get left behind. And I have a really hard time throwing away school projects and art work from my kids. So things slowly pile up. It's not a sudden change where one day you wake up with a cluttered house.
But Jared is being so rude. Maybe his house has no clutter, but his children don't get to color or play with toys much either.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
PolkaDotPenguin
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PolkaDotPenguin »

Did y'all discuss Jareds combover hair style in his snap chat?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016021 ... 1a2d90.jpg[/img]

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

His hair is ridiculous. I wish he would cut it a lot shorter.

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

zipadeedodah wrote:His hair is ridiculous. I wish he would cut it a lot shorter.

My theory is that he keeps it long and fluffy to make himself look taller. :D Poor little guy is only like 5'6 or 5'7 I think.
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

zipadeedodah wrote:His hair is ridiculous. I wish he would cut it a lot shorter.

Ellie cuts Jackson's hair the same way. It's constantly in his eyes if it's not "fixed" with hair gel. So dumb.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

I haven't even watched the vlog but the fact that he is using expired food as a talking point in his silly, TOTALLY insignificant vlog at the expense of his parents' feelings and pride, is pissing me off. I can almost guarantee I have SOMETHING(S) in my fridge or pantry that is(are) expired. Who cares? Just throw it out and move on. Why shame someone? Why make fun of them for the benefit of your 10 year old viewers? GROW UP, JARED!! I hope your sweet little boys don't turn into huge douches like you when they grow up and don't make fun of you to their "friends" on the internet.
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

He's greying really bad too. For only being 27

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

This relates to what you just stated in a way. Is the vlog so freaking starved for content that they just had to focus on the life of Jared's parents' private life? Could they not do some kind of theme vlog, such as 10 Things You Didn't Know About Jackson and something like that for Calvin? Or something that is relevent to their own lives? Ellie's parent's are happy to be in the center of all the vlogs, but not many parents in that age group are. I won't let my kids post my picture on the internet, instagram for example, just because we're out to dinner. I come from a different age and have yet to perfect a selfie. If anyone tried to put me in a vlog, I'd be on the warpath and it wouldn't happen. E&J seem to think the whole wirld is at their disposal. They are plainly rude.
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

These are from Matt's vlogs, seems like Ellie had a great time with the Mecham's:

Everybody is working, meanwhile E&J... It's funny how Matt decided to point it out
[video][/video]
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
Green Jello
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Green Jello »

liz749 wrote:I don't get the point of the little tent. Like why is that necessary for all their traveling? A better option would have been a small mattress topper thing or foam mat to lay on. Why does Jackson need to be all zipped up in a tent when they're in hotels or family's homes? It really wasn't even padded so I don't see a point. He has the sleeping bag. No worries though, Calvin still gets to sleep in bed with mommy though.

There are toddler air mattresses it would make so much more sense to get that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

What is the name of Matt's channel?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:What is the name of Matt's channel?
Matt and Em Vlog
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Personal: I'll admit I've given my parents a hard time about expired food. When I returned home from college for a summer I cleaned out their entire kitchen because I was tired of hearing "there's tons of food in the house" when I knew 60% of it was expired. I ended up throwing out 2/3 shelves of expired food - food from like, 2006. It was bad. I didn't give them a hard time just because, it was kind of to get them to open their eyes that there was 2/3 shelves full of expired food - however, I tried to do it as sensitively to them as I could, and didn't have hundreds of thousands of people watch me do it.

If someone has a ridiculous amount of expired food I think it's fine to bring it up to them, in a respectful way. If there are a few things like a can of soup or something, who the heck cares?! If he had such a problem with the expired food he should have done that off camera.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ellie + Jared: Part 9

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

alym0326 wrote:Personal: I'll admit I've given my parents a hard time about expired food. When I returned home from college for a summer I cleaned out their entire kitchen because I was tired of hearing "there's tons of food in the house" when I knew 60% of it was expired. I ended up throwing out 2/3 shelves of expired food - food from like, 2006. It was bad. I didn't give them a hard time just because, it was kind of to get them to open their eyes that there was 2/3 shelves full of expired food - however, I tried to do it as sensitively to them as I could, and didn't have hundreds of thousands of people watch me do it.

If someone has a ridiculous amount of expired food I think it's fine to bring it up to them, in a respectful way. If there are a few things like a can of soup or something, who the heck cares?! If he had such a problem with the expired food he should have done that off camera.

Yes... Especially considering Jared found some nasty food thing many yrs old in his old junk last visit.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Idk if this has been discussed but it was something that i noticed.. So they gave J's sister a couple Alex & Ani bracelets for her birthday... Then the next vlog (i think it was the next one, or maybe a couple days after) Ellie has a whole wrist full of them (not hating, i have a wrist full too lol) that shes wearing OVER her shirt sleeve and seems to be waving her arms around to draw attention to them. Yes Ellie, GOD, we get it, Jared's sister didn't get something that you don't already have!! Ive never seen Ellie wear the bracelets before and her wearing them over the sleeve of her sweats while she cleans house just seemed out of place to me, showing off.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Nini12 wrote:These are from Matt's vlogs, seems like Ellie had a great time with the Mecham's:

Everybody is working, meanwhile E&J... It's funny how Matt decided to point it out
[video][/video]
So, Jared's brother vlogs too? Then why so many comments saying his family isn't into the vlogging? Or is it the _way_ he vlogs that people are thinking his family is eye-rolling? I'd love to catch another view of this week.
About the food-- if Jared's parents are hoarding, it probably should be addressed. But by the whole family and not on the vlog. If it's just a few things in the back of the cabinet, there's no need to embarrass his parents in front of half a million people. Wasn't he taught to "honor thy mother and father"?

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Nini12 wrote:These are from Matt's vlogs, seems like Ellie had a great time with the Mecham's:

[video][/video]
So, Jared's brother vlogs too? Then why so many comments saying his family isn't into the vlogging? Or is it the _way_ he vlogs that people are thinking his family is eye-rolling? I'd love to catch another view of this week.
About the food-- if Jared's parents are hoarding, it probably should be addressed. But by the whole family and not on the vlog. If it's just a few things in the back of the cabinet, there's no need to embarrass his parents in front of half a million people. Wasn't he taught to "honor thy mother and father"?

I kind of assumed that with the expired food that maybe they were doing the food storage thing that Bonnie and Ruby and I guess a whole bunch of other Mormons do. I mean, if my family loaded up a whole bunch of cans in the basement or back shelf, purposely for saving, we probably wouldn't touch them again for a long while too. Some of the food storage is for if they're ever like really in need financially, they'll have something and they've probably never been in need. That was my thought at least.

minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Playsinrain wrote:Idk if this has been discussed but it was something that i noticed.. So they gave J's sister a couple Alex & Ani bracelets for her birthday... Then the next vlog (i think it was the next one, or maybe a couple days after) Ellie has a whole wrist full of them (not hating, i have a wrist full too lol) that shes wearing OVER her shirt sleeve and seems to be waving her arms around to draw attention to them. Yes Ellie, GOD, we get it, Jared's sister didn't get something that you don't already have!! Ive never seen Ellie wear the bracelets before and her wearing them over the sleeve of her sweats while she cleans house just seemed out of place to me, showing off.
I noticed this too. I wonder if she bought all those for herself when they bought the gift for Jennifer. God forbid someone have something Ellie wants. You know, like how she used some of Bonnie's bday present. And did you notice how many she had on?? -A few hundred dollars worth. She is so spoiled!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

minmouse wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Idk if this has been discussed but it was something that i noticed.. So they gave J's sister a couple Alex & Ani bracelets for her birthday... Then the next vlog (i think it was the next one, or maybe a couple days after) Ellie has a whole wrist full of them (not hating, i have a wrist full too lol) that shes wearing OVER her shirt sleeve and seems to be waving her arms around to draw attention to them. Yes Ellie, GOD, we get it, Jared's sister didn't get something that you don't already have!! Ive never seen Ellie wear the bracelets before and her wearing them over the sleeve of her sweats while she cleans house just seemed out of place to me, showing off.
I noticed this too. I wonder if she bought all those for herself when they bought the gift for Jennifer. God forbid someone have something Ellie wants. You know, like how she used some of Bonnie's bday present. And did you notice how many she had on?? -A few hundred dollars worth. She is so spoiled!!
She probably did!! She tries to look all generous when in fact, she has to always gift herself when she gifts others. I cant say much about how many she has, i have several myself, but all of them but 2 were gifts. I didnt go out and buy myself twice as many as i gifted someone in the same shopping trip. Ellie's self centeredness (is that a word? lol) shows more and more every day.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I'm watching matts vlogs. Ellie always has a vacant bored smile on her face around Jared family. It's like she is being polite but she is secretly absent and bored. Also the part of the vlogs where the mechams were sitting on the bed, Jared did his intro to the clip all hand gesturey and over the top and then it was matts turn to vlog and he kinda makes fun of Jared and does a unenthusiastic lack luster "we used to sit on this bed" and the family laughs.

Also I think they may be slightly hoarders or collectors. It's a serious emotional, embarrassing mental health disorder. I'm sure it was very emotional for his parents and that's probably why Jareds mom seemed so not herself and quiet. It's also probably embarrassing because they watch the vlogs and know that most of the griffiths are OCD clean. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016021 ... 8a6360.jpg[/img]

I would be a stress mess living in that house. I hate clutter and if I wanted too I could let myself be like Ellie OCD wise, but I am self aware and able to rein myself in and let my baby make messes.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”