Narcissistic Tendencies

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Narcissistic Tendencies

Unread post by Scar2016 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:Hello Sweetie might! She's seen more of Jennifer than I care to.
I'm rusty on my Mama Griff now because I haven't watched in forever. From what I've seen in the flashback clips that have been posted though, and things I've heard, she maintained a very tight level of control on the children. When we watch Ruby and Ellie, I think we are seeing what Jennifer was like back in the day. Just as we saw Ellie push Jackson away after the birth of Calvin, there is a notable flashback where baby Ellie is brought home and Ruby is dismissed with a harsh tone by her mother. A couple examples of Jennifer's controlling and manipulative behaviour are that the Bonnie and Julie had to share a winter coat and Bonnie had to wait months for the Toothfairy to come. She also made Joel pay for the sisters to accompany Bonnie on their dates, and did her best to run him off. They never said it was Chad that was setting forth and enforcing these rules, Bonnie and Joel were very clear that it was Jennifer. It doesn't seem that any of the other girls (or boyfriends of Bonnie) had the chaperone requirement. There are way more specific examples, but I would have to go back and watch, but Bonnie definitely seems to have an increased awareness of what might have been strange and shares more stories from the past. There have been numerous posts in the E&J thread discussing/detailing this though if anyone wants to find them. Whatshesaid has a pretty interesting take on Grandma Griff as well.

That said, Jennifer really does seem to be a warm Grandmother at times, but at times a different side of her comes through. How she was with the house builders or talking about the guns that Christmas. The condescending tone we've seen her use at times with Joel. This makes me wonder how much of her kind and gentle demeanour is put on for the cameras. Jennifer did play an active part in encouraging Julie to breastfeed Linc that one time, and I feel like most mothers would show concern for their daughter's feelings and shut that down rather than grab the vlogging camera. It was an odd moment, and if I remember right it was Chad and Beau that seemed aware it was a dangerous idea. There was also the whole event around Jennifer shaving her head, and how it appeared Bonnie was deliberately left out and didn't hear about it until after. Jennifer, particularly with Bonnie, doesn't seem too concerned about protecting her daughters' feelings.

All this said, the daughters definitely cater to her and seem to view her as the ultimate authority. They are desperate to please her in a way that just can't be healthy. It isn't their parents' home, tradition, opinion, ways... it's always their mother's. Chad is rarely spoken of, and he's the one that appears to be the one who is truly thoughtful and sensitive to his children. Daughters ordinarily are closer to their fathers than their mothers. There was definitely something different with the Griffith dynamic, and I don't feel it was just Jennifer being a kind and gentle parent.
Wow. Thanks for all that. But wait, Jennifer encouraged Julie to breastfeed Lincoln!?! Why the hell? That's the same as Grandmatard telling Carlie to breastfeed her niece Emmi.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by eab424 »

JoCo 89 wrote:The heart of narcissism is: lack of empathy.
That's why the "IVF contest" made me sick.

I tried for years with my ex to have children. We succeeded twice. The first time with medical intervention the second time on our own without. Sadly both babies were stillborn. When I met the man of my dreams unfortunately my IF issue were still there. We make good money. But still doing IVF is a huge hill to climb financially. My oldest stepson had medical issues in high school, and he went to a great college. My youngest step son has medical issues as well. He even went on a make a wish trip in 2014.

For what E+J make granting one couple one round of IVF is nothing for them. They make more in a month than most families do in a year. And personally having to put one's personal struggles in a two minute video to be seen by thousands on YouTube and not only that you only had a few days to get it made and submitted. And from what I've seen on the internet this isn't the first time an IVF contest has been done.

I do have to wonder what their going to do when all this goes away.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Wowowow I think I just had a revelation (maybe?) ! I was watching one of the Hawaii vlogs (I'm a bit behind) and autoplay was on and one thing led to another and THIS gem of a video came up

https://youtu.be/8bvmYBgxdOI

At about 1:00 Ellie starts to talk about her "anxiety". But listen to the way she says it... As someone who has suffered with anxiety my entire life, I do not get the feeling that she /really/ knows what anxiety means. I definitely, without a doubt, would NEVER attribute anxiety to making me better, let alone liking it?! I could be wrong, and I'm trying really, really hard not to judge (I totally am judging), but I cannot even begin to grasp the concept of someone who deals with actual anxiety saying that they enjoy it and they are better because of it!! What?!

So...(sorry, got off on a little rant there)...I began thinking to myself, "No Ellie, this does not sound like anxiety. This sounds like a narcissistic need for control." SO, I decided to look into it.

I now will present you with gem number 2: taken from here http://www.winning-teams.com/narcissism_control.html

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 95b4a4.jpg[/img]

MAN! I could write pages siting instances with Ellie that exemplify every damn sentence in this article. But for the sake of this discussion, I have highlighted what I found the most interesting/relative. Hmmmm have we ever heard anything from Ellie and/or her siblings suggesting any form of emotional control from good ol' Jenny from the block? Yep! You guessed it! Teaching the kids to not feel feelings and to "just smile" and everything will be okay. As if we needed more evidence. The narcissism runs strong within this family.

Now we know where Ellie's "anxiety" comes from! But it's okay, as long as she just keeps smiling ;)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote: At about 1:00 Ellie starts to talk about her "anxiety". But listen to the way she says it... As someone who has suffered with anxiety my entire life, I do not get the feeling that she /really/ knows what anxiety means. I definitely, without a doubt, would NEVER attribute anxiety to making me better, let alone liking it?! I could be wrong, and I'm trying really, really hard not to judge (I totally am judging), but I cannot even begin to grasp the concept of someone who deals with actual anxiety saying that they enjoy it and they are better because of it!! What?!

;)
I have crippling anxiety, and unfortunately so does my 9 year old. I would never describe an anxiety disorder as something enjoyable. That's like saying you like being depressed because you get to reflect more. Or a person with true OCD finds comfort in their repetition and appreciates that it makes their home cleaner. What Ellie is describing is normal, functional anxiety. It's her instincts reacting properly and giving her an adrenaline rush to something that many people (as Jared himself said) find terrifying. She's normal. She can give out advice and tell people with serious mental illness to just think more positive and "keep busy," but that won't work for most people. She needs to shut the hell up and stop buying into problems that she thinks will garner her extra sympathy and make her special. I would never say I'm thankful for my overactive anxiety. I believe you're right, and she he's a high from controlling things.... having everything her way. She's basically a spoiled child, and that's exactly what we see in the vlogs.

I've watched a few older vlogs lately, and I feel like Ellie has only gotten dumber (and more shallow!) as the years go on.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Hmmmm have we ever heard anything from Ellie and/or her siblings suggesting any form of emotional control from good ol' Jenny from the block? Yep! You guessed it! Teaching the kids to not feel feelings and to "just smile" and everything will be okay. As if we needed more evidence. The narcissism runs strong within this family.

Now we know where Ellie's "anxiety" comes from! But it's okay, as long as she just keeps smiling ;)
Keep smiling AND put your make up on every day. Even if you're staying home all day in your PJ's, making sure to do your hair and make up are the most important combatants against everything mental health related, according to Jennifer.
#TheDelusionIsReal
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “Ellie and Jared”