E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: NEW HOUSE DRAMA DAILY - Part 16

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

So I'm a little confused... did they skip Calvin's appointment for a YouTube thing or did Ellie take him by herself?

Jackson is doing really well on that bike, you can tell that Jared is really proud of him! I think it's actually kinda cute how excited Jared is about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

HelloSweetie wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I agree, healthy marriages have conflicts and arguments, etc. I worry about the couples who never fight or argue. I think I would have acted just like Bonnie did. She was upset and then she got over it. Who wouldn't be upset to see their new floor get beat up?

Did Ellie set aside cookie ingredients to make when they get to the new house? Is that what she said??
She's been dreaming of that moment since before they started building the house. The first thing she's going to do is bake cookies. It's the plan!

Expect fresh lipstick, a new apron, high heels and no sign of the children who will relegated to the basement during Ellie's perfect moment Image. Any parent would expect the move to be a difficult transition for the kids. I wouldn't be planning cookie baking unless it was a distraction and includes them. Jared better have a bunch of Lush bombs ready in case Ellie's dream moment doesn't go as planned.
I've moved once with kids and at the time they were a bit older than her boys. The LAST thing I wanted to do was bake cookies. I was more concerned with actual moving. I wasn't moving into my Barbie dream house though. She really makes me want to gag sometimes.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I'm sorry but I hate their backyard! Not a fan of those rocks now that I see them laid out. Not sure what it is I dislike so much, though lol

WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

I'm not standing up for Ellie, however, I keep seeing people mention the rock pillows Jackson was given for Christmas, &I'm not sure everyone knows the background to the story.

There was a vlog a little while before Christmas when E+J & at least Jackson, maybe Calvin too, went to some YouTube Space for a meeting of some sort. At the YT Space, they had those pillows that looked like rocks, & Jackson LOVED them. (Loved them so much, he left his "security blanket" there when they left, & didn't get it back for a few days.) The comments for that video were FILLED with Minions telling E+J to get Jackson pillows just like those (at the YT Space) for Christmas, especially considering how much he loved regular rocks at the time (b/c they were the only "toys" Ellie would let him play with!). I guess I can't blame her, &/ Jared, for thinking they'd make a good present for him, at the time, given how much he liked them at the YT Space, & regular rocks in general. It was a cute idea, it's just too bad that's about all he got for Christmas, once it rolled around.

They'd gotten that box of the 10 or 20 "most popular toys" from KMart a couple weeks before Xmas too, but Jared only let Jackson keep ONE, & made a big deal about donating the rest to needy children. Great concept, horribly played!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

WTFoxtrot wrote:I'm not standing up for Ellie, however, I keep seeing people mention the rock pillows Jackson was given for Christmas, &I'm not sure everyone knows the background to the story.

There was a vlog a little while before Christmas when E+J & at least Jackson, maybe Calvin too, went to some YouTube Space for a meeting of some sort. At the YT Space, they had those pillows that looked like rocks, & Jackson LOVED them. (Loved them so much, he left his "security blanket" there when they left, & didn't get it back for a few days.) The comments for that video were FILLED with Minions telling E+J to get Jackson pillows just like those (at the YT Space) for Christmas, especially considering how much he loved regular rocks at the time (b/c they were the only "toys" Ellie would let him play with!). I guess I can't blame her, &/ Jared, for thinking they'd make a good present for him, at the time, given how much he liked them at the YT Space, & regular rocks in general. It was a cute idea, it's just too bad that's about all he got for Christmas, once it rolled around.

They'd gotten that box of the 10 or 20 "most popular toys" from KMart a couple weeks before Xmas too, but Jared only let Jackson keep ONE, & made a big deal about donating the rest to needy children. Great concept, horribly played!!

Maybe it was a meeting at FullScreen & not YT Space, but it definitely had something to do with YouTube. When I'm not being so lazy &/or have more time, I'll go looking for the actual vlog.

CoffeeLovinMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CoffeeLovinMama »

HelloSweetie wrote:A lot of Ellie's purchases seem to be online shopping. I wonder if she's developed a bit of an addiction to it because it's something to do. Back when they first started YT she never used to online shop because they didn't have a credit card. Now it's like it's constant! $400 for rock pillows just screams impulse purchase to me, and is only gotten crazier since then!

$400 for some round stuffed balls of fluff? She could have ran out to the local fabric store, spent $40 dollars and came up with the same thing! Put the rest in a college fund or is that against the "Guide to New Money" she seems to be following?
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Watching Jackson learn how to ride his bike for the first time a few days ago almost made me cry. Right in the middle of my college dining hall, I probably looked like a loon lol. I blame it on that time of the month. Jackson's such a sweet kid, I'm happy for him.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:A lot of Ellie's purchases seem to be online shopping. I wonder if she's developed a bit of an addiction to it because it's something to do. Back when they first started YT she never used to online shop because they didn't have a credit card. Now it's like it's constant! $400 for rock pillows just screams impulse purchase to me, and is only gotten crazier since then!
Yeah, she's said she prefers to do her online shopping online :D Because the variety of items in real live stores is overwhelming to her. This is definitely a new-ish habit.

I feel like Ellie really needs a mentor. She's a very young lady who has suddenly come into a lot of money and has a lot of eyes on her every single day. She was brought up strangely and does not know what is normal. She lacks an inner compass like Bonnie has (though Bonnie's compass might actually be Joel. I can't see Ellie making it a single day in a marriage with Joel). All this spending, the weird stylist that tells her to wear ugly clothes, the band-aid Barbie Dream House... There is something really vacant and unfulfilled within Ellie, and making herself over as a rich girl who wears hats isn't going to fix it. She has a husband who walks on eggshells around her for fear of tantrums, such an odd family dynamic, and no actual real-life friends or confidantes. She must be lonely in that fish bowl she's put herself in, and there's literally nobody she trusts that can or will tell her she's screwing up big time. Anyone who does that is a hater.

The rock pillows were such an odd choice though. The more I think about them, the crazier they seem, in context with a little boy who has one pair of pjs and has his toys locked away in a closet most of the day. I need to re-watch that Christmas vlog, I think. I'm certain subscribers see how infrequently Jackson and Calvin get to play with toys, and attempt to send them packages. Do we have any idea what happens to that stuff?
Last Christmas, when Jackson got those rock pillows, it was like Charlie Brown at Halloween: "I got a rock". And Calvin had that toy that Jackson liked so much-- it was like a bouncer with a bunch of toys attached. So Jared pulled out this Little Tykes car that a viewer had sent, and Jackson lit up. Ellie did not look amused.
There is going to be hell to pay if the cookie baking doesn't live up to Ellie's fantasy. But even if it does, the thrill is going to wear off of the shiny new house, and when Ellie realizes she's the same awful person, and this beautiful home hasn't transformed her, and it is going to be ugly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Does anyone else find it disingenuous that Ellie is doing sponsored videos for Kohl's and yet she buys Burberry? She's not shopping at Kohl's. She's putting compromising videos of her kids online so she can continue to do her shopping at Nordstrom and pretends to shop at Kohl's when they pay her to say she does.
I'm too lazy, but it might be an entertaining exercise to keep a log of how often she actually wears the Kohl's clothes. Easy to do since they vlog daily and we know exactly which items they are. I'll be interested to know whether that ugly vest she talked about wearing on Thanksgiving actually gets worn on Thanksgiving. (My prediction: lol no)
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

liveyourlife22 wrote:So I'm a little confused... did they skip Calvin's appointment for a YouTube thing or did Ellie take him by herself?

Jackson is doing really well on that bike, you can tell that Jared is really proud of him! I think it's actually kinda cute how excited Jared is about it.

I get the impression Ellie was dropped off at her mom's house while Jared went to Salt Lake for this conference. So I think they did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

The trip Matt made recently did show growth in his channel. I am sure seeing E+J helped. So it does appear being around a bigger channel will bring over new viewers and it is up to them to keep them. It likely explains Bonnie success too and she said it all did start with Ellie and Jared.

The difference is you are seeing the Mecham family which is more normal. Matt is visiting his oldest brother and you can see the difference in personalities vs. Jared's back to his dramatic self with loudness like Ellie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Saw Ellie's kitchen pic on Instagram... is the backsplash tile laid correctly? It should be a herringbone and it looks like it is going diagonally, not up and down. It looks strange to me and not herringbone at all at that angle. I do like the color but wish is wasn't grey AGAIN.
start-the-fire
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by start-the-fire »

minmouse wrote:Saw Ellie's kitchen pic on Instagram... is the backsplash tile laid correctly? It should be a herringbone and it looks like it is going diagonally, not up and down. It looks strange to me and not herringbone at all at that angle. I do like the color but wish is wasn't grey AGAIN.
That's NOT herringbone. That's Tetris! Guess she's too stupid to notice?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

minmouse wrote:Saw Ellie's kitchen pic on Instagram... is the backsplash tile laid correctly? It should be a herringbone and it looks like it is going diagonally, not up and down. It looks strange to me and not herringbone at all at that angle. I do like the color but wish is wasn't grey AGAIN.
It's herringbone at a 90* angle instead of 45* which is what most people want when they request herringbone

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I agree, healthy marriages have conflicts and arguments, etc. I worry about the couples who never fight or argue. I think I would have acted just like Bonnie did. She was upset and then she got over it. Who wouldn't be upset to see their new floor get beat up?

Did Ellie set aside cookie ingredients to make when they get to the new house? Is that what she said??
She's been dreaming of that moment since before they started building the house. The first thing she's going to do is bake cookies. It's the plan!

Expect fresh lipstick, a new apron, high heels and no sign of the children who will relegated to the basement during Ellie's perfect moment Image. Any parent would expect the move to be a difficult transition for the kids. I wouldn't be planning cookie baking unless it was a distraction and includes them. Jared better have a bunch of Lush bombs ready in case Ellie's dream moment doesn't go as planned.
It will be Instagram perfect and then she will have to go back to reality. She will find out that her life is the same whether she has a small or big kitchen. Whatever issues she is dealing with now will still be there in the new house.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I can understand looking forward to baking in the new house but it is very unrealistic to expect that to be the first thing she does. And even if she does end up with time to do it, her time would be better spent doing something else. There will be a lot to do to settle them in. She really does live in this fantasy type of world.

The tile would have looked much better at 45degree angle. The 90 degree loses the pattern to me and totally looks like tetris as the previous poster mentioned.
torii
Talker
Talker

Unread post by torii »

I really thought they would not show the whole house while it's being built. Talk about, not show all of it. That would have been a great video. A house reveal your viewers have been waiting for. But nope, they have absolutely nothing else to do with their lives lol

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

torii wrote:I really thought they would not show the whole house while it's being built. Talk about, not show all of it. That would have been a great video. A house reveal your viewers have been waiting for. But nope, they have absolutely nothing else to do with their lives lol

I thought the same, I thought they would show bits and pieces as it was built but not a daily update. The final house reveal would of been more exciting if it was a surprise

aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

staceybrax wrote:
torii wrote:I really thought they would not show the whole house while it's being built. Talk about, not show all of it. That would have been a great video. A house reveal your viewers have been waiting for. But nope, they have absolutely nothing else to do with their lives lol

I thought the same, I thought they would show bits and pieces as it was built but not a daily update. The final house reveal would of been more exciting if it was a surprise

I'm probably in the minority but I actually love all the house stuff being shown most days and like most of the house that we've been shown. We're looking into the building process ATM although we're in a different country but it's the most likable part of the vlog for me. I'll probably stop dislike watching after the house tour unless she gets pregnant again haha

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

aral12 wrote:
staceybrax wrote:

I'm probably in the minority but I actually love all the house stuff being shown most days and like most of the house that we've been shown. We're looking into the building process ATM although we're in a different country but it's the most likable part of the vlog for me. I'll probably stop dislike watching after the house tour unless she gets pregnant again haha

I agree. Thats the only reason ive been watching lately. I skip to the house stuff.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”