Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Unread post by tratra58 »

KitKat 01 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
KitKat 01 wrote:There's more evidence that Jared's brother, Matt, is trying to make a career out of YouTube. In Matt's latest vlog, he and Emily go to a Utah Youtuber party. Ellie and Jared don't make an appearance at it, probably because it is too beneath them. The party appears to be a group of low subscriber youtubers who are trying to gain viewers by dipping into each other's. Anyway, just thought I'd share because I know there's been speculation that he is no longer working, and this just adds to that theory.
Someone wrote on the comments not too family friendly which is true. But they are likely going after a younger audience vs. the moms. I am convinced like you said he is going for the big times with the fast money YouTube can offer and he is no longer working. I don't think it will work.

I actually would not have gone to this party especially with tired kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree, it wasn't a family friendly party! The shirtless guy with clamps on his nipples was so obnoxious! Anything it takes for views!
Most of the comments were from the party vloggers. This is hitting an all time low to have to participate in this type of party as a dad of three.
liz749 wrote:
izzythecat wrote:Ellie literally ate 3 of those cheese balls and made a huge deal over it. One of the things I hate the most about these youtubers is that they act so guilty and like it's such a bad thing to have some junk food once in a while. They act like you should feel bad about yourself for eating 3 tiny cheese balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To be fair, they act like that because no matter what they eat, someone will rip them apart in the comments for it...especially with junk food.

I can't imagine having to live my life with people scrutinizing every move, all the way down to me eating a cheese ball or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

lmmomSD wrote:But wait, then they wouldn't be able to pay for the Ice Palace (BTW, whoever coined that name for it-- perfect!)
Hahah, thank you! Seemed appropriate. :)

I'm in a YT slump, am at least 4-5 vlogs behind on the various channels I watch. However, the past iterations of this thread are a hoot to read. In Part 4, starting around page 19, there are some very amusing comments about E+J house-shopping vs planning to build and all that would entail. I was entertained by the near-psychic prediction that they would build something over-the-top and fill it with brand new possessions... And even more so by those who held out hope that E+J would make smart decisions and only take on a mortgage that they could afford with Jared's normal (pre-YT) salary. Lmao.

The last E+J vlog I watched, I got interrupted and wasn't able to finish. But Jared was talking about his Dad's work in online marketing, and seemed to imply that his Dad helped with E+J marketing strategy or that maybe he had opened doors for his Dad to do YT-specific work. I wonder if that was a roundabout answer to our recent criticism here, of Jared and Ellie moving forward on the Ice Palace while his parents were struggling. I hope that is the case! I really like his family.
mildlycurious
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mildlycurious »

Just watched Casey Neistat's vlog from a couple days ago and he stopped in UT to visit Shonduras. They even went to the indoor surfing place that Jared & Joel went to in an old vlog. How much do you think it was killing Jared??
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I haven't watched E&J in a couple days (i only watch them a couple days a week anyway, only when i read something here worth watching lol) and I just have to comment on the title of one of the vlogs from this weekend..."Another Small House Surprise"? Why does this annoy me so much? And why do i think that this title had been changed from another one? I can see them naming it something like Huge Surprise House Addition! and having to change it bc people were bitching about click bait. It just doesnt sound like something Jared would name the vlog, too anticlimactic. lol
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I was talking to a coworker today, she was telling me about her cousin's family and how instead of giving their 2 daughters Christmas gifts, her and her husband take them on a vacation to a different part of the world each year so that they can learn, travel, and build experiences. While I thought of what an interesting decision that was, it made me realize how entirely sheltered Ellie is. Has she ever left the country? I know she's visited California, Washington, Alabama(?), and Florida, but is that it? Even in the US, there are so many places to travel. I know Jared has been out of the country for his mission. Not everyone needs to leave their country to broaden their horizons, especially since it can be costly, but E&J have the money now, and Ellie doesn't even show any interest in learning or experiencing life that is not within Utah's boarders.

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I was talking to a coworker today, she was telling me about her cousin's family and how instead of giving their 2 daughters Christmas gifts, her and her husband take them on a vacation to a different part of the world each year so that they can learn, travel, and build experiences. While I thought of what an interesting decision that was, it made me realize how entirely sheltered Ellie is. Has she ever left the country? I know she's visited California, Washington, Alabama(?), and Florida, but is that it? Even in the US, there are so many places to travel. I know Jared has been out of the country for his mission. Not everyone needs to leave their country to broaden their horizons, especially since it can be costly, but E&J have the money now, and Ellie doesn't even show any interest in learning or experiencing life that is not within Utah's boarders.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

For those that said their backyard is dangerous, so true, Matt's son Drake fell on the rocks and hurt his knee while they wee playing on that slide.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Who are the upcoming guests - Bumps and C&K? Gotta pay the HUGE mortgage, huh?

Are we getting a new thread soon?
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

workfromhomemom wrote:Who are the upcoming guests - Bumps and C&K? Gotta pay the HUGE mortgage, huh?

Are we getting a new thread soon?
I saw a comment that said Aspen and Parker said in their vlog they would be coming, don't know if it's true or not. Lol that would be a big let down to all the minions thinking there's gonna be another DBEJCKLMNOPQRS reunion.

just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Image

Ugh Jareds haircut looks awful here.
What exactly is "Seattle food"? And why is Ellie excited to eat 3 bites of it?
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

I haven't read all the comments so this has probably already been said:

I'm surprised (well, not really surprised) that they put up super cheap looking metal blinds everywhere. I'd go with Plantation shutters or something more fitting with their grand mansion. And to let Jared install them, making extra holes in the brand new walls...ugh.

They installed "heavy metal" per Ellie shelves on the walls in the playroom. What about when one of those falls down, since Jared installed them?

Ellie looked near death in the kitchen design video on her channel. Huge black circles that couldn't be covered by makeup.

Jackson is such a sweet boy. Calvin seems crabbier these days. He must be really, really small for his age, because we know Lincoln is barely even on the growth charts, he's a few months younger than Cal, and in the video of them playing, Cal is a bit shorter than Linc.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

OldHag wrote:I haven't read all the comments so this has probably already been said:

I'm surprised (well, not really surprised) that they put up super cheap looking metal blinds everywhere. I'd go with Plantation shutters or something more fitting with their grand mansion. And to let Jared install them, making extra holes in the brand new walls...ugh.

They installed "heavy metal" per Ellie shelves on the walls in the playroom. What about when one of those falls down, since Jared installed them?

Ellie looked near death in the kitchen design video on her channel. Huge black circles that couldn't be covered by makeup.

Jackson is such a sweet boy. Calvin seems crabbier these days. He must be really, really small for his age, because we know Lincoln is barely even on the growth charts, he's a few months younger than Cal, and in the video of them playing, Cal is a bit shorter than Linc.
Could Calvin be hungry? Remember Jackson feeding him at the old house. :(
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

Dailybuzz24 wrote:This thread needs to be locked. Thanks.

New thread: http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?t=10094

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I've been extremely busy the last few months so I'm never on unless I'm messaged or told I need to come fix shit. I don't have time to check if threads need to be locked, created, etc. Please message me or other mods if you need assistance. I only knew of this because of a pm. Thank you! :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”