Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

Unread post by GymChick »

Why would she post that when she was just literally tweeting about a video talking about how to stay monetized as family blogger....(because you know it’s about the money and not protecting the kids) [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201801 ... 2caa5f.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201801 ... d10759.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
asv0204
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by asv0204 »

These roles they put on the kids ( girly girl future mommy, grown hard working man, etc.) are so weird to me, maybe just because I didn't grow up that way but I don't know. It's probably a mormon ( NOT judging! ) thing but I don't see these roles working out in the future. They WANT Olivia to be the mommy, what if she wants to be a business woman without a husband and kids? She wouldn't be able to do that. What if Cody, Boston and Lincoln will be gay? They'd also have to hide that I guess. It's just crazy to me that B&J seem to have plans for what the kids future will look like and even though I like them in general, this makes me think differently about them. Olivia once talked about how she thinks about becoming a veterinarian in her future and Bonnie was just like "uhh yeaah" which came across like "that's not gonna happen" .. Why not let them do what they feel like doing, I really don't get it..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kathpt wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Cody seems like such a curmudgeon lately. I wonder if they are trying to find excuses to get him out more and away from his video game? I won’t be surprised if they get rid of it in a few months because he’s becoming obsessive. He just seems different to me.
I've noticed that too. He's seemed different to me since like November... He just seems angry and mean... The videogame won't help. IEven it being 'vintage' is a videogame still and he'll get obsessed with it anyway. I played Mario growing up and it's just as addictive as playing Minecraft or Dark Souls. It's just... older. They'll regret giving that to him soon enough.
LuckyCharm wrote:Um I just watched Bonnie's new video - weekend vibes. She showed a clip of Boston shaking his bottom and she was laughing about it. They also added some slow music in the background. I love this family but I cannot believe after everything they put that clip in!
I was sooo uncomfortable watching that. All I could think of was predators watching her for those clips which she shows often. I can't believe she can be that clueless...
I caught these two comments before they were deleted.
And actually, Ellie posted an instastory of Jackson and Calvin dancing like that just last week. She was laughing and saying "I don't want to watch that!" But she filmed it and uploaded it. So that commenter was wrong. Ellie doesn't care. She'll only care if her spending gets threatened, and then she'll yell at Jared to fix it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
nelliebee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nelliebee »

Hello everyone, I am a long time lurker that finally registered.

Before I begin my comment I have to say that Bonnie is my favorite youtuber right now along with HeyKaily but I am very disappointed in today's video. Besides the "sexy dancing" being inappropriate, I was very disappointed and disturbed that her reaction to Cody slapping Boston was, "Boston must've had it coming cause Cody is not a hitter." What's important is that he did hit Boston and no matter what Boston did he shouldn't have hit him. I hope that she had a good talk with both boys off camera but I am perplexed that she would even show it and then have her sole response be "he must've had it coming."

I know we only see a brief portion of things but if she's going to vlog something like that she should've explained it better.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Todays video was all kinds of inappropriate. I hope youtube starts cracking down on content rather then just the thumbnails.
Bostons dancing? Condoning Cody slapping Boston because "Cody doesn't hit so boston must have done something" - and hello??? Where is he learning to slap for incorrect behaviour??
I thought they already were starting to crack down on content? SO much stuff gets unnoticed obviously, but I thought the demonetization stuff was not all about thumbnails... Maybe I'm wrong.
Also, I watched that video that Bonnie/Ellie posted about YouTube guidelines for family friendly content and was particularly interested by the fact they said they'd be cracking down on stuff that shows kids "distressed or embarrassed". If that's really true, ALL these vloggers are going to have major problems.

And on a lighter note, was that YouTube guy filming the update on family video monetization in a furniture store?? What a weird background.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Yeah, the clip about Cody hitting Boston really rubbed me the wrong way. He's normally not a hitter? Good! He shouldn't hit to begin with! Secondly- I found it so sad how Bonnie handled the situation. She didn't mention to Cody that he shouldn't have done that or that it was wrong to hit in any situation. Poor Boston looked so sad and hurt and Bonnie just laughed about it. Ugh... are you serious right now.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Todays video was all kinds of inappropriate. I hope youtube starts cracking down on content rather then just the thumbnails.
Bostons dancing? Condoning Cody slapping Boston because "Cody doesn't hit so boston must have done something" - and hello??? Where is he learning to slap for incorrect behaviour??
Actual video content isn't going to be reviewed unless people start reporting it. I know they wanted to hire a bunch of people to help monitor content, but so much content is uploaded daily on YouTube it'd be hard to catch stuff without it being reported first.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

ferriswheel wrote:
Actual video content isn't going to be reviewed unless people start reporting it. I know they wanted to hire a bunch of people to help monitor content, but so much content is uploaded daily on YouTube it'd be hard to catch stuff without it being reported first.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Exactly, and there are still so many channels that are actively pandering to the pedo audience and who haven't made efforts to change. Bonnie probably shouldn't have posted the butt wiggle, but I really do doubt that a pedo is going to be attracted to her channel at this point to view that footage. People can report it, but I don't think YT is concerned with that. With all the reports they have to review, I would hate to see them become distracted with content like this when their is still worse footage out there (Ellie and Jared, Ruby, etc). I reported more than a few of E&J's videos that had questionable content within them, and they were never taken down, so I don't think butt wiggling is a concern if blatant potty footage is fine.

And if she had disciplined Cody that would have embarrassed him. Maybe she's going to keep an eye on his actions from this point on, and talk to him later? I do think the poster that implied he had to have learned hitting from somewhere is a bit OTT though. Even young babies hit when frustrated. It's natural, and not just learned. It's incredibly reaching to try and imply that some sort of physical abuse is happening around those kids :?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Cody is not a little baby though. He is well past the age of hitting being natural, he definitely should know better.
There is little doubt in my mind that Bonnie hasn't given a smack or two to those kids. Especially since it wasn't an issue for Cody to smack Boston. And I don't buy the "she didn't want to embarrass Cody", she didn't need to share ANY of the incident. Bonnies comment about Cody not hitting so Boston must have deserved it definitely implies she is fine with that kind of correction.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

My 3 year old can hit when frustrated, and he has never been hit himself. I agree, that theory is OTT. It may be true, we have no way of knowing, but the reason for speculating is baseless.

I don’t like Ellie and personally think those kids seem to fear her. I’m sure she’s smacked them, but would never suggest such as fact unless I saw it.

menehune
Informer
Informer

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Cody is not a little baby though. He is well past the age of hitting being natural, he definitely should know better.
There is little doubt in my mind that Bonnie hasn't given a smack or two to those kids. Especially since it wasn't an issue for Cody to smack Boston. And I don't buy the "she didn't want to embarrass Cody", she didn't need to share ANY of the incident. Bonnies comment about Cody not hitting so Boston must have deserved it definitely implies she is fine with that kind of correction.
Cody also goes to school.

I get what you are trying to say, but I think a little boy's frustrations don't add up to a history of abuse.

Can we discuss the thing we actually have seen and do know for sure? What we DO KNOW is that contrary to what Bonnie says, Cody does in fact hit. We don't know that this means Bonnie and/or Joel have hit their kids.

Plus there's a difference between speaking and hitting. If that's what you're suggesting.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

menehune wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Cody is not a little baby though. He is well past the age of hitting being natural, he definitely should know better.
Cody also goes to school.

I get what you are trying to say, but I think a little boy's frustrations don't add up to a history of abuse.

Can we discuss the thing we actually have seen and do know for sure? What we DO KNOW is that contrary to what Bonnie says, Cody does in fact hit. We don't know that this means Bonnie and/or Joel have hit their kids.

Plus there's a difference between speaking and hitting. If that's what you're suggesting.
Things are discussed ALL THE TIME on this website without having actually been seen.
He hit Boston so hard it left a mark.
And really, spanking and hitting are no different. Neither should be done, or condoned by anyone.
Bonnie excused away Cody's behaviour. Even if she corrected him off camera we know the kids watch their vlogs. Cody will see his mother excuse his hitting Boston and say that Boston had it coming. That is not ok.
menehune
Informer
Informer

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Things are discussed ALL THE TIME on this website without having actually been seen.
He hit Boston so hard it left a mark.
And really, spanking and hitting are no different. Neither should be done, or condoned by anyone.
Bonnie excused away Cody's behaviour. Even if she corrected him off camera we know the kids watch their vlogs. Cody will see his mother excuse his hitting Boston and say that Boston had it coming. That is not ok.
I have seen abuse allegations speculated about and the mods crack down on it. It's one thing to speculate about a husband stepping out on their wife, or having a drinking problem, but it's another to say that a parent is abusing their child.

I don't hit/slap/spank my kids, but I will admit, I do see a difference between slapping and abuse because legally, there is a difference. I have a friend that will slap the hand of her child if she doesn't like what she is touching, and while I side-eye the heck out of it, I don't feel I have recourse to call CPS or the police about it. On the other hand, if I witness a parent slap their child across the face, then that I would most certainly report! People are allowed to do what is legal whether I personally like it or not. Some feel that feeding formula electively is child abuse! That's a hefty allegation to throw around, and in my opinion, muddies the waters and normalizes cases that do require our attention.

I will admit though, that I have a really gentle child that doesn't not normally hit, and in the few instances where she has fought with her brother I have asked "what were you doing at the time?" This information is important because what the hitting tells me is that my child reached a level of frustration she normally wouldn't. If she usually knows not to hit and doesn't, then the one time she does do so there is a conversation to be had, but not necessarily one about hitting. Big picture and all.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I agree that an occasional smack isn't necessarily "abuse". I don't condone it, but people do smack their kids on the hand or on the bottom, and it's not always abuse. The state (at least California) says hitting hard enough to leave a red mark is abuse.
I wouldn't put it past Bonnie to smack one of her kids on the bottom, or hit a hand if they're grabbing a stove knob. I don't think that means she abuses them. At all. I also don't know for sure that she does, but I don't think it's reaching too far to think maybe she would. I certainly don't see her backhanding a kid across the face or anything remotely like that.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Bonnie has said before in her blanket training video that she “follows baby wise to the T” ...she also said it in a vlog shortly after linclon was born... that she “follows baby wise exactly” or something like that...and when she is asked why her kids are so obedient she recommends that book. I can see it, she blanket trains, they are on a schedule and sleeping in the crib from day one. Although she is loving, Bonnie does has that strict mom vibe. So if she follows the baby wise exactly she does probably follow their discipline tactics, which involve using a rob to gently “hit” a child??? Idk exactly. She isn’t a horrible narcissistic mom and she does seem to show true love and affection to her kids... I remember an old pregnancy update of Ellie’s Ellie also said ALL of her sisters recommend baby wise, but Ellie said she didn’t believe in everything the book suggests and that she would still rock her babies to sleep.

To me Julie seems to have the most average kids, they can be more naughty than her sisters kids, but I think it’s because Julie is the least narcissistic. Julie’s kids don’t fear her and do walk over her sometimes. As much as she tries julie isn’t made to parent like the rest of the Griffiths, her house is cluttered and a mess sometimes, her kids never look perfectly put together and, they act out in public sometimes....I’m sure it must be hard for Julie when her sisters have the “Griffith parenting” down pat with all kids fearful of their mom and wanting to please their mom.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

gymchick43 wrote:Bonnie has said before in her blanket training video that she “follows baby wise to the T” ...she also said it in a vlog shortly after linclon was born... that she “follows baby wise exactly” or something like that...and when she is asked why her kids are so obedient she recommends that book. I can see it, she blanket trains, they are on a schedule and sleeping in the crib from day one. Although she is loving, Bonnie does has that strict mom vibe. So if she follows the baby wise exactly she does probably follow their discipline tactics, which involve using a rob to gently “hit” a child??? Idk exactly. She isn’t a horrible narcissistic mom and she does seem to show true love and affection to her kids... I remember an old pregnancy update of Ellie’s Ellie also said ALL of her sisters recommend baby wise, but Ellie said she didn’t believe in everything the book suggests and that she would still rock her babies to sleep.

To me Julie seems to have the most average kids, they can be more naughty than her sisters kids, but I think it’s because Julie is the least narcissistic. Julie’s kids don’t fear her and do walk over her sometimes. As much as she tries julie isn’t made to parent like the rest of the Griffiths, her house is cluttered and a mess sometimes, her kids never look perfectly put together and, they act out in public sometimes....I’m sure it must be hard for Julie when her sisters have the “Griffith parenting” down pat with all kids fearful of their mom and wanting to please their mom.

Bonnie did say that, but we’ve also seen many times over the last few years where this isn’t the case. One example would be letting Linc have the paci for so long. I don’t actually think any of the Griffith’s have actually read the BW book, so I’d be shocked if any of them followed it “to a T.” I more think they follow an old school training/strict schedule technique. It’s about much more than CIO, and Ellie follows it despite wanting to rock her babies to sleep.

Look, siblings sometimes fight with each other. I agree with the pp that it’s a bit rampant for speculation to jump to a parent abusing a child because one sibling hit another. If you can say with utmost certainty that your kids have never fought like that, then you are probably not aware of what they are doing when out of your site. I definitely fought with my brother from time to tiem, despite getting in trouble for hitting and being two really good kids! I don’t think Bonnie’s kids are fearful that she is going to hurt them at all. I think they respect her and Joel’s rules because they know they back one another up 100%

I guess I just don’t see it because I have a similar dynamic with my children and I’ve definitely never smacked them Image

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

gymchick43 wrote:Bonnie has said before in her blanket training video that she “follows baby wise to the T” ...she also said it in a vlog shortly after linclon was born... that she “follows baby wise exactly” or something like that...and when she is asked why her kids are so obedient she recommends that book. I can see it, she blanket trains, they are on a schedule and sleeping in the crib from day one. Although she is loving, Bonnie does has that strict mom vibe. So if she follows the baby wise exactly she does probably follow their discipline tactics, which involve using a rob to gently “hit” a child??? Idk exactly. She isn’t a horrible narcissistic mom and she does seem to show true love and affection to her kids... I remember an old pregnancy update of Ellie’s Ellie also said ALL of her sisters recommend baby wise, but Ellie said she didn’t believe in everything the book suggests and that she would still rock her babies to sleep.

You said a few weeks ago that you don't even watch Bonnie anymore, but now you're suggesting she would a rod on her kids? Ok.....

And Julie had to deal with some attitude issue from Emma awhile back. I actually think she needs to be a bit more afraid of her parents. Actually, a lot of YT kids do... isn't that why we often criticize their parenting?

I don't actually think that the Griffith sisters all parent the same. I think Ellie and Ruby have some very clear similarities, but do think Julie and Bonnie have a style that evolves with each child's needs. I don't think its fair to always say how similar the sisters are unless you watch all of them. I do, and they definitely aren't all the same. No siblings are, and this is very dismissive and judgemental in my opinion, especially when one sibling is very arguably emotionally abusive to her children. Ellie's siblings are not guilty of that by association anymore than we are for watching the blogs. That may have been how they were raised themselves, but none of the other sisters are just the same as Ellie, and therefore are not all the same.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

I'm disappointed that Bonnie didn't handle Cody hitting more seriously today, but this is because I actually feel her stern style with the kids is actually a good thing! There is nothing wrong with children fearing their parents. There should be consequences for a child not behaving in a desirable manner (not corporal punishment!) and children should fear these repercussions. We have seen that Bonnie and Joel aren't afraid to ground the kids for acting out, and this is why I think the kids listen to and respect there parents. They know they support one another and mean business. Since when is children listening to their parents a sign that the kids are being abused? I grew up with a close friend that had an abusive father, and those kids feared him, but didn't listen to or respect him.

Using other YTers as examples, Bryan and Missy or Katie and Cullen have no control over their children because they fear their children. Ruby uses her control to manipulate her children in all sorts of messed up ways, but the fact that her kids listen to her isn't a bad thing in and of itself. Kids should listen to their parents and not view them as their best friends. I was raised to respect my mother and she never had to do anything other than the occasional grounding and stern word. It was the consistency that was key and I see that with Bonnie and Joel and how they parent. I agree the rod suggestion, and abuse suggestion in general is incredibly reaching. Someone is likely to get hurt ;)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But "spanking", although I never did it, and "abuse" are two different things. Spanking isn't abuse. People keep using the word abuse here, and I don't think anyone thinks Bonnie and Joel abuse their kids. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that she has spanked her kids. I am not saying she has for sure, obviously. I don't know for sure.
Edited to add: I'm talking about the legal definition here. I don't agree with spanking. But I know a lot of people still do, and they although misguided in my opinion, aren't abusive.

Last edited by lmmomSD on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Bonnie did say that, but we’ve also seen many times over the last few years where this isn’t the case. One example would be letting Linc have the paci for so long. I don’t actually think any of the Griffith’s have actually read the BW book, so I’d be shocked if any of them followed it “to a T.” I more think they follow an old school training/strict schedule technique. It’s about much more than CIO, and Ellie follows it despite wanting to rock her babies to sleep.

Look, siblings sometimes fight with each other. I agree with the pp that it’s a bit rampant for speculation to jump to a parent abusing a child because one sibling hit another. If you can say with utmost certainty that your kids have never fought like that, then you are probably not aware of what they are doing when out of your site. I definitely fought with my brother from time to tiem, despite getting in trouble for hitting and being two really good kids! I don’t think Bonnie’s kids are fearful that she is going to hurt them at all. I think they respect her and Joel’s rules because they know they back one another up 100%

I guess I just don’t see it because I have a similar dynamic with my children and I’ve definitely never smacked them Image

We've seen many ways she doesn't follow it to a T. Its evolved since its inception as well, so this would be nearly impossible unless you have an original edition. The current one does not promote using a rod or corporal punishment of any kind. Baby Wise is a legitimate parenting choice and style, just as attachment parenting. Contrary to misinformed opinion, it does not advocate for corporal punishment. It's about the parent being in charge, and I think that's not a bad thing as children get older. But what works for some, won't work for another. No one has the "right" formula for how to raise a child. Children are individuals and the same style won't work on every child. Look at the difference between Sherri and Eve!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”