• Advertisement

Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: No Ads Make Mama Mad | Part 14

Postby amyfalafal » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:38 am

HelloSweetie wrote:Ugh. I hate that Bonnie seems to envy Ellie’s home.

I feel like we definitely saw a less controlled illustration of Jackson and Calvin. Jackson used to be my favourite YT kid, but he’s becoming louder and more “put on” like his parents. Calvin is, and always has been just cringeworthy to me, and I really think that there is something “off” about him that instinctually I keep picking up on that makes me feel uncomfortable because it isn’t being given proper attention. Lincoln is just so much more engaged and talkative! It’s hard not to compare even though I realize children all development at different rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see why Bonnie would sort of envy the bigger home. There's more space.. I think she's got that house flipping on her mind. Maybe she's got a bigger home in mind----and in the works "behind the scenes".
amyfalafal
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby actuallydear » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 am

I am less curious about Bonnie's future and more curious to see how HelloSweetie can relate to Bonnie once she finally ups and moves from her humble home. No shade to you HS, I know how much respect you have for Bonnie because you relate her family to yours... and I know you've been pretty adamant that Bonnie wouldn't leave that home for something bigger. I'm excited to see if/when that switch flips.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:26 am

I definitely think Bonnie will be upgrading her home in the near future. And I don’t even “blame” them. I would too with that small space and growing kids. I just hope they don’t build an ice palace!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Extreme Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:12 am

actuallydear wrote:I am less curious about Bonnie's future and more curious to see how HelloSweetie can relate to Bonnie once she finally ups and moves from her humble home. No shade to you HS, I know how much respect you have for Bonnie because you relate her family to yours... and I know you've been pretty adamant that Bonnie wouldn't leave that home for something bigger. I'm excited to see if/when that switch flips.

To be be honest, I do feel this is unnecessary shade, but ok.

My position changed on a move for them awhile ago when they started talking about flipping or renting a home. Not sure how closely you follow the comments here. It makes more sense to actually rent out their home that is already finished, and upgrade to a larger home on a bit of property. It would also be a good project for Joel, and a good investment for them. I’ve said for awhile now that I think that will happen. I still don’t see them in an ice palace though, but I do think it will change their dynamic if they decide to go that route. A build would take all the power away from Joel and I don’t think he would like it. I also think he would view it as a huge waste of money, but you never know....

My family is in a similar position financially, so as for the relatability in terms of their spending habits and a possible move, I guess I still view it differently. It’s hard to hate on someone for moving to a larger home when they are outgrowing the one they are in. As I’ve said, my home is a very similar design and I have a 10 year old and a 3 year old. It’s starting to seem SMALL. I can’t imagine what their house must feel like with 4 growing kids!

HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 am

This is totally not picky but I would love to see Joel redo the upstairs bathroom. I know it was the first room they did when they bought the house and there isn’t anything wrong with it but it doesn’t match the style of the rest of the house! She’s got white/grey light colours everywhere but that dang dark brown bathroom lol. It would drive me nuts. And I would totally watch Joel redo another bathroom!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Extreme Gossiper

Postby actuallydear » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:04 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:I am less curious about Bonnie's future and more curious to see how HelloSweetie can relate to Bonnie once she finally ups and moves from her humble home. No shade to you HS, I know how much respect you have for Bonnie because you relate her family to yours... and I know you've been pretty adamant that Bonnie wouldn't leave that home for something bigger. I'm excited to see if/when that switch flips.

To be be honest, I do feel this is unnecessary shade, but ok.

My position changed on a move for them awhile ago when they started talking about flipping or renting a home. Not sure how closely you follow the comments here. It makes more sense to actually rent out their home that is already finished, and upgrade to a larger home on a bit of property. It would also be a good project for Joel, and a good investment for them. I’ve said for awhile now that I think that will happen. I still don’t see them in an ice palace though, but I do think it will change their dynamic if they decide to go that route. A build would take all the power away from Joel and I don’t think he would like it. I also think he would view it as a huge waste of money, but you never know....

My family is in a similar position financially, so as for the relatability in terms of their spending habits and a possible move, I guess I still view it differently. It’s hard to hate on someone for moving to a larger home when they are outgrowing the one they are in. As I’ve said, my home is a very similar design and I have a 10 year old and a 3 year old. It’s starting to seem SMALL. I can’t imagine what their house must feel like with 4 growing kids!

I promise it wasn't shade. If I were being shady, I wouldn't have said it wasn't. I was genuinely interested to hear your opinion.

Their house was probably too small for them a kid or so ago. I've always had the viewpoint that they felt restricted by their previous financial situation and that's why they stayed in their house and said they were done having kids. I respect that she wasn't going to be like Jennifer and Ruby and keep popping out kids they couldn't afford to feed. Now that they have more money saved I do think they'll move into a bigger home and I won't be at all surprised if Bonnie gets her way and builds like Ellie. I think they have an advantage with that too though, because Joel knows how things need to be done and they won't rush through it like E+J do.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:17 am

And if Joel is standing over the builders telling them what he wants, I have a feeling it will be taken better than Ellie. Didn't the builder tell her that the dog shower need some kind of raised edge to keep water from going everywhere? Just one example of her weirdness and insistence on it being done her way. I would like to see Joel and Bonnie build. As those kids get bigger, that house is definitely going to feel cramped.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby nsf5555 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 pm

I’d love to see Bonnie and Joel upgrade. I do like the style of their house but yes, it’s small for 6 people. Sure the kiddos are little now but it will only feel smaller once they really start growing.

I have a real interest in the house building process (watched OFN’s) and it’s really cool to see how it all comes together. I just hope that if B&J decide to go that route, they don’t hype it up then back out like Ruby and Kevin did. That was annoying.

I wonder if they’d stay in town or if they’d move somewhere else in Utah?

nsf5555
Amateur

Postby Kaylor1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 am

Pears and toast for dinner?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Informer

Postby greygoose » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 am

In today's vlog, Ruby lends Bonnie a book for Olivia and it's by Chris Colfer. Gave me some evil chuckles. Supporting Chick-fil-a for their "family" aka homophobic politics, all the while giving a platform to a wonderful gay author. I love their ignorance in this case :)
greygoose
Amateur

Postby alym0326 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Really could have gone without watching Joel chew with his mouth open

alym0326
Gossiper

Postby amandaz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:38 pm

Kaylor1 wrote:Pears and toast for dinner?

I can maybe understand the kids having less food for dinner than normal, and maybe Bonnie since she’s on a juice cleanse / in general trying to lose weight. But Joel? You’re telling me a grown man who works out every day and usually does some form of labor is totally okay eating peaches and toast for dinner? Umm...

amandaz
Amateur

Postby Kaylor1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Right!!! I get wanting a lighter easy dinner after a busy day but that's a poor mans dinner! There is no way their bellies weren't growling within an hour after said dinner!!!

Kaylor1
Informer

Postby nutbagmcgee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:12 pm

I feel so bad for the kids, bread and Milk Friday night and then pears and toast on Saturday. Order a fucking pizza. Do we ever see them order pizza?
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper

Postby YouTubeIdiots101 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm

nutbagmcgee wrote:I feel so bad for the kids, bread and Milk Friday night and then pears and toast on Saturday. Order a fucking pizza. Do we ever see them order pizza?

Exactly my point that I was trying to make the other day. It's a reoccurring thing with them. How is that considered a dinner?? Never in my life was I given something like that and had my mom consider it my dinner
YouTubeIdiots101
Gossiper

Postby Lexin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Toast and fruit might be filling enough for a 2 year old, but no way is it enough for the others, especially the 2 oldest who are active in school. Hell just keep a few microwave meals on hand for times when you don't want to cook. I know they're not healthy but it could be a rare thing. We used to see Bonnie feed them ramen noodles, surely Joel could've made some for the kids. It takes like 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Lexin
Amateur

Postby staceybrax » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Lexin wrote:Toast and fruit might be filling enough for a 2 year old, but no way is it enough for the others, especially the 2 oldest who are active in school. Hell just keep a few microwave meals on hand for times when you don't want to cook. I know they're not healthy but it could be a rare thing. We used to see Bonnie feed them ramen noodles, surely Joel could've made some for the kids. It takes like 5 minutes.

One of my go too’s when I don’t want to cook is eggs on toast. At least that’s got some protein and carbs and a little fat. Keeps you fuller for longer. And you can have fruit with that as well to make it more filling. Just toast and pears seems so unsatisfying.

staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 am

Sigh.
"I Hope His Nose Isn't Broke"?
Broken.
The Griffiths lack of education strikes again.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby amandaz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 am

Interesting article from The New York Times related to YouTube’s advertising cut with children https://goo.gl/7mzUtQ

amandaz
Amateur

Postby kathpt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm

staceybrax wrote:
Lexin wrote:Toast and fruit might be filling enough for a 2 year old, but no way is it enough for the others, especially the 2 oldest who are active in school. Hell just keep a few microwave meals on hand for times when you don't want to cook. I know they're not healthy but it could be a rare thing. We used to see Bonnie feed them ramen noodles, surely Joel could've made some for the kids. It takes like 5 minutes.

One of my go too’s when I don’t want to cook is eggs on toast. At least that’s got some protein and carbs and a little fat. Keeps you fuller for longer. And you can have fruit with that as well to make it more filling. Just toast and pears seems so unsatisfying.

It's ok. They probably had a handful or two of candy a couple hours later.
you can call me kath.
kathpt
Talker

Postby cleo2016 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Wow those kids are so accident prone. It's no surprise though considering how Bonnie & Joel NEVER enforce safety. Nobody in that family does. I wouldn't be surprised if one day CPS is called due to the amount of injuries those kids have.
cleo2016
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:21 pm

cleo2016 wrote:Wow those kids are so accident prone. It's no surprise though considering how Bonnie & Joel NEVER enforce safety. Nobody in that family does. I wouldn't be surprised if one day CPS is called due to the amount of injuries those kids have.
I am still waiting for one of them to fall off the dining room table, over the ledge and down the stairs.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Scamper1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Did Bonnie delete her instagram or just block me? Lol
Scamper1
Amateur

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Scamper1 wrote:Did Bonnie delete her instagram or just block me? Lol
Not deleted, so probably blocked you

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper

Postby staceybrax » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 pm

cleo2016 wrote:Wow those kids are so accident prone. It's no surprise though considering how Bonnie & Joel NEVER enforce safety. Nobody in that family does. I wouldn't be surprised if one day CPS is called due to the amount of injuries those kids have.

They do get injured a lot but they’re just typical kid injuries. Boston face planted the couch in the wrong spot (at first when she said he got hurt at Ellie’s house I wondered if he fell into or off one of the stupid boulders in her backyard, those are an accident waiting to happen with kids around), Cody hurt himself sledding which happens all the time, lincoln falls over and hits his head which is normal for toddlers. You can’t call cps because kids are accident prone and doctors and nurses can tell when kids are abused vs accidental injuries.
There are things Bonnie and Joel do that make me cringe, no helmets while they ride bikes and their car seat safety (or lack of) makes me die a little inside considering Lincoln is the only one in a car seat... but the injuries the kids have had are pretty standard childhood injuries.

staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Bonnie Hoellein