• Advertisement

Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Postby justkidding » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:57 pm

She just talked about being a phlebotomist in her 50 things video she posted this week. She even referenced how many times she had "stuck" someone (not sure she used that word), I think it was like 1000 times. She did not make any further mention of the EMT title in that video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justkidding
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby winniewise » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:35 pm

I think the reason they are secretive about their lives between highschool and when Olivia was born is because they were living together before they were married.
This is totally just my guess, they've never said they were. Have we seen wedding pictures from them? Did they have a temple wedding?
I think a second reason could be because Joel never graduated from the University he went to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
winniewise
Informer

Postby winniewise » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:02 pm

winniewise wrote:I think the reason they are secretive about their lives between highschool and when Olivia was born is because they were living together before they were married.
This is totally just my guess, they've never said they were. Have we seen wedding pictures from them? Did they have a temple wedding?
I think a second reason could be because Joel never graduated from the University he went to.

Never mind! I just rewatched their how we met video and they were married two months after Joel got back from his mission. They were both living in Logan, but they had different apartments.

winniewise
Informer

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:10 pm

I think the reason the older blog has been made private is because it was before any of the Griffiths were doing YT. The newer one (that isn't private) goes back to around the same time as when Bonnie and Joel were already appearing in E&J's vlogs and were probably a little more careful about who and what they shared. My guess is that her older blog may have contained pictures of family and school friends that may not want to be in the public eye. Who knows though. All the Griffiths changed blog platforms around the same time for some reason. Julie's are still public, and are fairly informative. (For instance I learned that Ellie either already had her Cosmetology certificate already or was well on her way to completing it when she was only 17. Someone suggested before that she may not have graduated, and now I'm wondering if she just quit and moved on to hair school?).

Anyway, this photographer took Bonnie and Joel's engagement and wedding photos so you can find them here: (The wedding pics have expired but they are still searchable and have been posted here before)

http://momentsbykellee.blogspot.com/200 ... -joel.html

We do know from pics that they did have a temple wedding.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby boredmamaneedsdrama » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:07 pm

Im not sure if Joel did in fact graduate or not but he was still studying after Boston was born. It's in a post titled Being Lazy

http://hoelleins1.rssing.com/chan-6279997/all_p1.html

There's also posts about getting pregnant with Boston and being disappointed he was a boy because of "how important sisters are".
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer

Postby Caisflame » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm only just getting around to her 50 things video, and I'm so glad to hear she hates the word "kiddos" because I do too & I thought I was the only one lol. Can't stand it but everyone seems to be saying it these days.
Caisflame
Gossiper

Postby YouTubeIdiots101 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:27 pm

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Im not sure if Joel did in fact graduate or not but he was still studying after Boston was born. It's in a post titled Being Lazy

There's also posts about getting pregnant with Boston and being disappointed he was a boy because of "how important sisters are".

Side note- I've never really seen pictures of Cody as a baby. He looks so different than Boston & Lincoln's baby stage to me!
YouTubeIdiots101
Informer

Postby WTFoxtrot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:41 am

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Im not sure if Joel did in fact graduate or not but he was still studying after Boston was born. It's in a post titled Being Lazy

Side note- I've never really seen pictures of Cody as a baby. He looks so different than Boston & Lincoln's baby stage to me!
Cody looked alot like Jackson when he was a baby/toddler. Cute baby. Boston has always been a tank! LOL

Thanks Boredmamaneedsdrama for posting that link, I've never seen/read it before!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
WTFoxtrot
Informer

Postby actuallydear » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 am

Just managed to watch the Q&A - very refreshing! It's videos like these ones are how and why she attracts and keeps her adult audience. Other vloggers should take note. She's not selling her soul, or having to constantly buy the biggest and latest in order to get those views... they're just.. them. And it's relatable.

I teared up when Joel spoke about Bonnie. How they don't have 500 babies by now? Because I mean... he can get it.

I was hoping for more shade during the older kids raising the younger kids thing, but I'm not convinced she was talking about Ruby.

However, I am absolutely convinced that when they were talking about splitting up and relationships needing to be about both spouses putting the other one first, and not just one. Ellie and Jared came to mind right away.
shake it up.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:45 am

actuallydear wrote:Just managed to watch the Q&A - very refreshing! It's videos like these ones are how and why she attracts and keeps her adult audience. Other vloggers should take note. She's not selling her soul, or having to constantly buy the biggest and latest in order to get those views... they're just.. them. And it's relatable.

I teared up when Joel spoke about Bonnie. How they don't have 500 babies by now? Because I mean... he can get it.

I was hoping for more shade during the older kids raising the younger kids thing, but I'm not convinced she was talking about Ruby.

However, I am absolutely convinced that when they were talking about splitting up and relationships needing to be about both spouses putting the other one first, and not just one. Ellie and Jared came to mind right away.

I think they definitely see their siblings flaws. I love my family/friends, but I can definitely see the mistakes they make with their children/spouses. I think this is only natural, so o wouldn't be at all surprised if Bonnie saw some of the same cracks we do in E&J's relationship, and knew it took a lot to keep Ellie happy. After all, that was once Bonnie's job!

I don't know if she realizes to what extent Ruby has made the older children raise their siblings, but I definitely think Bonnie saw Beau and Ruby having to help out with the younger kids more than they should have had to growing up. I'm glad that Bonnie doesn't want that for Olivia, and wants to give her the opportunity to stay little and play with dolls as long as she wants. I always forget how young Sherri is because she just seems so mature now. A lot of that is having to raise Eve... that's just so sad.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby KaterTot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:49 pm

I have often noticed how much Ruby's older kids raise the younger ones and it always irritates me when Ruby puts on that feigned "exhaustion" and films while at so and so's house who cooked their supper because her husband is on a trip and she has had 6 kids alone for a week!
She is definitely not like Bonnie.
KaterTot
Informer

Postby CallieT » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:07 pm

More like no one is raising the younger ones seeing as Eve is allowed to go places in her underwear.
CallieT
Informer

Postby KaterTot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:35 pm

CallieT wrote:More like no one is raising the younger ones seeing as Eve is allowed to go places in her underwear.

Well or more proof of kids raising kids and not Ruby. LOL
KaterTot
Informer

Postby PostyMcPosterston » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Really off topic, but I'm going back to "TRIantula" pronunciation that Bonnie used recently. I was just playing in my planner, with Ryland Adams (Shane Dawson's bf) video in the background, and what falls upon my ears, "TRIANTULAS!" I wonder if that is a common mispronunciation!

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper

Postby amyfalafal » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:10 am

nyaaawww I really loved their cruise vlog!
Is it a sponsored cruise? Whatever it is, it was a lovely vlog.
amyfalafal
Gossiper

Postby staceybrax » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 am

I liked the cruise vlog. I like that they didn't film every single thing they did, just a few small clips each day. It seems like they spent more time actually enjoying their time than worrying about good vlog content. The Bahamas looks amazing.

staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:13 am

What a strange reaction to the Wynwood Walls! I had to LOL when they were in Key West and hit up a cookie shop!! LOOOOOL! That's not what Key West is known for. And the comment that their friends being offered cocaine was "crazy!" Welcome to the WORLD outside of Utah, Bonnie and Joel. They are so sheltered. I know most of it is because they are Mormons from a rural area, but it's like watching a couple from the 1950s.
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby boredmamaneedsdrama » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Aw that vlog made me so so happy. They've talked about going on a cruise for so long and seem to have really enjoyed themselves instead of focusing on vlogging. Made me smile
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:53 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:What a strange reaction to the Wynwood Walls! I had to LOL when they were in Key West and hit up a cookie shop!! LOOOOOL! That's not what Key West is known for. And the comment that their friends being offered cocaine was "crazy!" Welcome to the WORLD outside of Utah, Bonnie and Joel. They are so sheltered. I know most of it is because they are Mormons from a rural area, but it's like watching a couple from the 1950s.

This is ridiculous. What do you expect them to do in Key West, go to a bar? I've been there, and we parasailed, went to the beach and shopped. Other than the homes and decor (and locals) being a bit more vibrant, Key West wasn't all that different from Key Largo or Islamorada during the day.

And I don't think you need to be sheltered to be surprised you were offered cocaine. It would certainly be notable for me if this happened!

Not saying they aren't sheltered, but that's a bit reaching.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Ducklings4 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 am

Watching Lincoln climbing into the tree house with that popsicle in his mouth sent my anxiety through the roof. I always see a worse case scenario and I just kept picturing him falling and jamming that popsicle into the back of his throat. I guess I am a paranoid ninny!

Ducklings4
Gossiper

Postby sostinkincute » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:08 am

Ducklings4 wrote:Watching Lincoln climbing into the tree house with that popsicle in his mouth sent my anxiety through the roof. I always see a worse case scenario and I just kept picturing him falling and jamming that popsicle into the back of his throat. I guess I am a paranoid ninny!

I was thinking the same thing! Especially when she mentioned him falling down the stairs at the end of the video.. SO glad he didn't have a popsicle in one hand and one in his mouth too..
sostinkincute
Amateur

Postby Caisflame » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:52 am

Ducklings4 wrote:Watching Lincoln climbing into the tree house with that popsicle in his mouth sent my anxiety through the roof. I always see a worse case scenario and I just kept picturing him falling and jamming that popsicle into the back of his throat. I guess I am a paranoid ninny!

I think that's a valid worry,not paranoia. Something similar happened to my nephew when he was that age with a straw.
Caisflame
Gossiper

Postby RecklessDisregard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:56 am

It makes me nervous too. When I was a young teen, I used to look after a pair of siblings. The younger kid fell down the stairs while carrying a Tinker Toy (roughly pencil sized). She jammed it into her eye as she fell and had to get a glass eye. It didn't happen on my watch - but it could have, easily. I wish Bonnie and her sisters would get it through their heads that accidents can happen to anyone, even if they're trying to replicate their own "idyllic" childhoods.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:59 pm

I'm all for doing things/having treats at grandmas house that you wouldn't normally do/have, but come on, 7 + (I'm sure they had more after) popsicles? Really? I might just be being a party pooper...but that's absurd to me.

Just to put it into perspective... kids are recommended to have about 25 (give or take depending on age) grams of sugar a day. One of those double stick popsicles has about 12 grams of sugar. That's 84 grams of sugar (give or take) from the popsicles ALONE! I know they more than likely aren't eating 7+ popsicles a day on a regular basis... but still. That's scary overkill imo.

But then again.... this is the same household that taught that cake is a moderately healthy/acceptable breakfast food, and that it's perfectly okay to put ice cream in your oatmeal every morning, sooo... I guess I shouldn't be so shocked.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby Caisflame » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:58 pm

I usually hate the way this family pronounces things, but I think the way Grandma Griff says "Lincoln" is really cute. Rather than "link-in" like Bonnie and the rest of the family say it, she says "link-un". Not a huge difference but I like it.
Caisflame
Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Bonnie Hoellein