• Advertisement
    

Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby skateblinder08 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:55 pm

red3head wrote:She didn't grab the camera after she saw what happened. She was already filming herself. My son has wanted to try licking a pole after seeing that movie and this video would be great to show him what could really happen. She got the camera out of Olivia's face when she asked and was there comforting her. This was unscripted real life. Shit happens, kids do dumb things. I would much rather watch real videos than ones where they only show the perfect, happy things of their day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree! I find the biggest difference between Bonnie's reaction and let's say Ruby's reaction to one of their children in pain is that Bonnie was already filming. She did not hear Olivia scream, run to the camera, then run to the child. She ran to her child, and she just happened to be filming at the time. It was clear to me in the jump between just Bonnie and Olivia, and when Joel and the boys were in the shot that there had been private time for Bonnie/Joel to deal with the situation. Ruby has on multiple occasions started a vlog while running to her childs aid (meaning she picked up the camera and turned it on upon hearing her child scream)... which I view as despicable.

I do not think Bonnie is perfect. Mostly due to her strange upbringing. But she is by far one of the best Griffith mother's and just in general a wonderful mother. You may disagree with her methods, but I do believe her children will turn out just fine - if not more productive then she and her sisters did.

On a side note... over sheltering your children is bad. Nothing Bonnie does is even remotely negligent or harmful for her children. She let her kids play outside. In appropriate attire. And who is to say she would not have called them in if she thought they were out too long. This is not something Bonnie should be criticized for.
skateblinder08
Wallflower
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Advertisement

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby savedramafoyomomma8 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:31 pm

One of the boys on YT channel Our Family Nest got hurt really bad a few days ago, anyhow I didn't see them say hold on let me get the camera out right away. If that would have happened to my daughter I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have given a crap about the camera. It would have thrown it on the counter and been out the door. I get filming after the everyone calmed but PUT THE CAMERA DOWN! Dang. And I don't see referencing you tubers kid's choices a good educational tool. The movie tells enough about sticking your tongue to a pole and then a conversation about it's a movie don't do that in real life. Just like Home Alone. I tell my kids first off the likely hood of that really happening is slim and secondly if something did happen what do you do? And then there is conversation. I definitely wouldn't say let's go to youtube and watch this little girl get humiliated. But we're all different.

Regarding the temperature part....there is a reason they closed school...because it was too dang cold they were encouraging people to stay in! Yes -9 is too cold for those kids to be outside....that's not my opinion...it's common sense. My kids wanted to go sledding on Friday but it only got up to 7 here so guess what? I told them they had to wait until it was warmer so we went to an indoor trampoline park instead. Then Sunday we went sledding it was 50 degrees and perfect! That is called parenting/having common sense.

I am actually quite disappointed that Joel is lazing around. I really liked his work ethic, even when he was home doing the remodel at least he was showing the kids what work ethic is.
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby savedramafoyomomma8 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:40 pm

tratra58 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:I think Bonnie showed too much of the footage, but I don't mind her showing some of what happened, especially since the camera was already running. I mean, like it or not vlogging is their chosen profession. We do buy their product by watching, and aren't we watching for interesting content? A child having a relatable accident is interesting content for some people. Yes it comes at the cost of Olivia's privacy, but we do enable that by watching. I don't think she posted anything against Olivia's wishes. I think she likely edited while they were sitting there together that night. I mean, it didn't seem like Olivia was reluctant to have it shown or discussed in the vlog when she was showing and telling how much better it had gotten.

Ellie actually lost Jackson and didn't even take a second to talk to him before vlogging and talking about it. She got less criticism for it than Bonnie is for just leaving her camera on, after an injury that wasn't even her fault. Not everything needs to be a 10 on the outrage scale. For me this is typical of YouTubers, maybe even mildly better, and its side-eye worthy, but not shocking or scandalous.


I think kids get hurt and I don't believe there is one mother who hasn't loose sight of their child.

Neither of these two moms did anything wrong. Ellie found Jackson, Bonnie treated the injury and family vlogging is what they both do now which pays their bill.

Whether it intrudes on privacy with their children is left up to the parents. However, I think common sense should prevail with these decisions and it subjective if others agree.

This is what they did wrong...

Ellie found Jackson, Bonnie treated the injury and family vlogging is what they both do now which pays their bill.

They relay on YT to pay their bills so therefore their children sacrifice.

That's the unfortunate part....they can't parent normally with a camera, their kids' embarrassment and privacy pays their bills. They rely too much on the drama (footage) at the expense of their kids. Yes we all having parenting fails. The difference is that we are not plastering it on the internet and because we don't rely on our children's childhood mishaps to make money, we can focus on our kids the right way (without a camera in their face) and parent and soothe our children.

And I also wanted to mention that if Bonnie wasn't filming she wouldn't have been talking to the camera and said it ripped the tip of her tongue off.
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:58 pm

savedramafoyomomma8 wrote:
Regarding the temperature part....there is a reason they closed school...because it was too dang cold they were encouraging people to stay in! Yes -9 is too cold for those kids to be outside....that's not my opinion...it's common sense. My kids wanted to go sledding on Friday but it only got up to 7 here so guess what? I told them they had to wait until it was warmer so we went to an indoor trampoline park instead. Then Sunday we went sledding it was 50 degrees and perfect! That is called parenting/having common sense.

I am actually quite disappointed that Joel is lazing around. I really liked his work ethic, even when he was home doing the remodel at least he was showing the kids what work ethic is.


They typically close schools because they don't want children walking to bus stops, the buses out on icy roads, and kids walking to/from school. You may think is common sense to keep kids in at -9, but it was that cold with windchill here today and all the kids at my son's school still played outside. I guess things are different in areas that tend to get colder weather.

Kids can certainly play outside when it's cold under the watchful eye of parents to make sure they stay properly bundled. I live in Canada and if our kids had to wait for 50 degree weather to get outside, they would rarely get out to play. It doesn't look like Bonnie has saved pennies on their snow gear. If they have high quality items to protect them from the wind, then they are fine playing outside. That had no bearing on the pole issue because it could just as easily have happened were it degrees warmer. Olivia didn't get frostbite, so the excessive cold wasn't the issue IMO.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11128
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby menehune » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:30 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
savedramafoyomomma8 wrote:
Regarding the temperature part....there is a reason they closed school...because it was too dang cold they were encouraging people to stay in! Yes -9 is too cold for those kids to be outside....that's not my opinion...it's common sense. My kids wanted to go sledding on Friday but it only got up to 7 here so guess what? I told them they had to wait until it was warmer so we went to an indoor trampoline park instead. Then Sunday we went sledding it was 50 degrees and perfect! That is called parenting/having common sense.

I am actually quite disappointed that Joel is lazing around. I really liked his work ethic, even when he was home doing the remodel at least he was showing the kids what work ethic is.


They typically close schools because they don't want children walking to bus stops, the buses out on icy roads, and kids walking to/from school. You may think is common sense to keep kids in at -9, but it was that cold with windchill here today and all the kids at my son's school still played outside. I guess things are different in areas that tend to get colder weather.

Kids can certainly play outside when it's cold under the watchful eye of parents to make sure they stay properly bundled. I live in Canada and if our kids had to wait for 50 degree weather to get outside, they would rarely get out to play. It doesn't look like Bonnie has saved pennies on their snow gear. If they have high quality items to protect them from the wind, then they are fine playing outside. That had no bearing on the pole issue because it could just as easily have happened were it degrees warmer. Olivia didn't get frostbite, so the excessive cold wasn't the issue IMO.


lol. I actually agree with this! I live in HI, but have gone snowboarding in BC more than a few times. Even though I'm not used to the cold we've boarded in as low as -22 (F) conditions before! Believe it or not, it's not that bad if you're moving around and in proper gear. Given the amount of families we see on the hills, I don't think its necessarily common sense everywhere for kids to just stay in when it's cold. Its common sense for parents to make sure they are dressed accordingly :D
User avatar
menehune
Informer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby tratra58 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:19 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
savedramafoyomomma8 wrote:
Regarding the temperature part....there is a reason they closed school...because it was too dang cold they were encouraging people to stay in! Yes -9 is too cold for those kids to be outside....that's not my opinion...it's common sense. My kids wanted to go sledding on Friday but it only got up to 7 here so guess what? I told them they had to wait until it was warmer so we went to an indoor trampoline park instead. Then Sunday we went sledding it was 50 degrees and perfect! That is called parenting/having common sense.

I am actually quite disappointed that Joel is lazing around. I really liked his work ethic, even when he was home doing the remodel at least he was showing the kids what work ethic is.


They typically close schools because they don't want children walking to bus stops, the buses out on icy roads, and kids walking to/from school. You may think is common sense to keep kids in at -9, but it was that cold with windchill here today and all the kids at my son's school still played outside. I guess things are different in areas that tend to get colder weather.

Kids can certainly play outside when it's cold under the watchful eye of parents to make sure they stay properly bundled. I live in Canada and if our kids had to wait for 50 degree weather to get outside, they would rarely get out to play. It doesn't look like Bonnie has saved pennies on their snow gear. If they have high quality items to protect them from the wind, then they are fine playing outside. That had no bearing on the pole issue because it could just as easily have happened were it degrees warmer. Olivia didn't get frostbite, so the excessive cold wasn't the issue IMO.

I think you make a good point about jackets, gloves and snow suits. They are made for colder weather or there is new material that withstands low temperatures.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby tratra58 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:49 pm

savedramafoyomomma8 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:I think Bonnie showed too much of the footage, but I don't mind her showing some of what happened, especially since the camera was already running. I mean, like it or not vlogging is their chosen profession. We do buy their product by watching, and aren't we watching for interesting content? A child having a relatable accident is interesting content for some people. Yes it comes at the cost of Olivia's privacy, but we do enable that by watching. I don't think she posted anything against Olivia's wishes. I think she likely edited while they were sitting there together that night. I mean, it didn't seem like Olivia was reluctant to have it shown or discussed in the vlog when she was showing and telling how much better it had gotten.

Ellie actually lost Jackson and didn't even take a second to talk to him before vlogging and talking about it. She got less criticism for it than Bonnie is for just leaving her camera on, after an injury that wasn't even her fault. Not everything needs to be a 10 on the outrage scale. For me this is typical of YouTubers, maybe even mildly better, and its side-eye worthy, but not shocking or scandalous.


I think kids get hurt and I don't believe there is one mother who hasn't loose sight of their child.

Neither of these two moms did anything wrong. Ellie found Jackson, Bonnie treated the injury and family vlogging is what they both do now which pays their bill.

Whether it intrudes on privacy with their children is left up to the parents. However, I think common sense should prevail with these decisions and it subjective if others agree.

This is what they did wrong...

Ellie found Jackson, Bonnie treated the injury and family vlogging is what they both do now which pays their bill.

They relay on YT to pay their bills so therefore their children sacrifice.

That's the unfortunate part....they can't parent normally with a camera, their kids' embarrassment and privacy pays their bills. They rely too much on the drama (footage) at the expense of their kids. Yes we all having parenting fails. The difference is that we are not plastering it on the internet and because we don't rely on our children's childhood mishaps to make money, we can focus on our kids the right way (without a camera in their face) and parent and soothe our children.

And I also wanted to mention that if Bonnie wasn't filming she wouldn't have been talking to the camera and said it ripped the tip of her tongue off.


Yes, I don't disagree with you...vlogging pays the bills and kids are the unknown with vlogging. But then I would have to reconcile why do I and millions of other people watch their vlogs. People send them presents and go to conventions to meet them. It is an odd world. Part of me wonders if someone will send Olivia a present for being hurt...it could happen.

With two parents home, I would argue they are actually safer and this mishap could have happen if they didn't vlog. I think this vlog was pretty tame in her filming a child's mishap compared to other vlogs.
I can see both arguments with whether to put the camera down or not.

If I had one person I would like to do a Q & A with it would be Katie to ask her expert opinion (PhD in Child Psychology) on the benefits and/or harm with children being part of a family vlogs.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby CallieT » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:51 pm

This is just to add on to the discussion of blanket training from the book "To Train Up a Child"...which from what I understand, Bonnie has promoted.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here or not, but this book has been directly linked to the death of three children. I'd encourage everybody to read this article about the book, which talks about the murders, and what the book instructs: https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.babble. ... ent=safari

Now, I completely understand that we don't even know if Bonnie inflicts any pain at all on her children during blanket time, and I don't think Bonnie abuses her children. However, it's disgusting to me that Bonnie promotes this book, because we know that the message that some people (not Bonnie) receive from it leads them to kill or seriously abuse their children. I don't think what Bonnie does with blanket time is necessarily wrong, and I think the majority of people that read that book won't do anything wrong, but we know that it causes some people to commit despicable actions, so the fact that Bonnie promotes it is unacceptable to me.

Here's another Amazon review that talks about the book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/161 ... 8&cursor=2
CallieT
Informer
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:25 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby YouTubeIdiots101 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Bonnie posted the link on her Facebook page and one of the comments under it was "Next time grab a cup of warm water to pour on the pole and her tongue...and bring the camera :D " Idk, but that just rubbed me the wrong way. Bring the camera? That should be the last thing on her mind if it were to happen again. But then again, thats youtube for ya. Some people have to get everything on film and some viewers expect them to do it too. I don't think Bonnie handled the situation terribly, it might have been better for Olivia's privacy to not have vlogged it if she was embarrassed but at least she was comforting her and trying to take care of the situation. I think I would've thought worse if Bonnie wasn't already vlogging and went to go grab the camera before she saw what happened because that would've been shitty & make it more important to have the clip than to comfort Olivia
User avatar
YouTubeIdiots101
Gossiper
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby PostyMcPosterston » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:53 pm

phie20 wrote:To me, part of why Olivia reacted this embarrassed comes from her being treated the reasonable one all the time. She's just a little child, but Bonnie (and the other Griffiths too) has a different perspective on age and adulthood. Every kid has a role, it has to stick to. Like Olivia is the responsible one. Being unhappy about it is not acceptable. You always have to be happy. So Olivias ashamed of getting into this situation.

Thats just my opinion though.


I was really interested in how strongly Olivia acted of embarrassment, to the point she didn't want her father to know! I thought that was really strange, but I'll admit, I didn't know if that is just normal or what.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby OnEDGE » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:11 pm

My last two post are lost.
OnEDGE
Amateur
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:01 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 pm

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
phie20 wrote:To me, part of why Olivia reacted this embarrassed comes from her being treated the reasonable one all the time. She's just a little child, but Bonnie (and the other Griffiths too) has a different perspective on age and adulthood. Every kid has a role, it has to stick to. Like Olivia is the responsible one. Being unhappy about it is not acceptable. You always have to be happy. So Olivias ashamed of getting into this situation.

Thats just my opinion though.


I was really interested in how strongly Olivia acted of embarrassment, to the point she didn't want her father to know! I thought that was really strange, but I'll admit, I didn't know if that is just normal or what.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I get this. Growing up I was a perfectionist (still am) and I hated the thought of making a mistake. I was the good kid. I didn't like my mother and grandmother knowing when I'd done wrong, but it was always devastating having my grandfather hear about it. So much worse. I think because I always felt like I was more of an angel in his eyes? I think Mormonism (or religion in general) can put a lot of pressure on children to behave a certain way, but I also think personality is a factor. I see the same perfectionist tendencies in my oldest child, and religions I definitely think it has more to do with his personality type, than any sort of pressure that's put on him. More is usually expected of the oldest child, and I think they end to be aware of this and harder on themselves. This is definitely present in Mormon families, but it's also present in those that are not.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11128
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby Sarai » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am

I don't think it's too strange she was embarrassed. It's not exactly normal behavior, so I'm sure anyone would feel humiliated if they got caught licking a pole. Especially if it was going online. Bonnie shouldn't have put it in the vlog imo.
User avatar
Sarai
Gossiper
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby Jennthelurker » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:59 am

I remeember Ruby was already once vlogging wwhen Russel got hurt and people gave her crap for it. Now since its Bonnie, some fans are trying to make her seems good by comparing lol "oh Elie did something worse" "and Ruby too!!" So it wasnt that bad...
I know the pain of sticking your tongue to a pole and if i heard my kid screaming because of that, im droping everything (that include the camera) and tending to them.
Youtubers knows the formula now, bleeding thumbnails, title with "injury" in it and you are guarantted tons of views.
I side eye any parent atrempting to make a buck out of their child pain and that include j house vlogs: a very good mormon familly with well adjusted and intelligent kids.

Its sad that olivia had to tell her mom to cut a part out of the vlog, that means get you effing camera out of my face when im in pain.

I remember once they went to a fair and a young viewer recognize olivia as the girl who was crying in the rain lol can you imagine her friend mocking her at school today because she was stupid enough to lick a pole.. now she had to invent a story about how she did it to protect her brother lol
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
Jennthelurker
Amateur
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby Scar2016 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:39 am

tratra58 wrote:If I had one person I would like to do a Q & A with it would be Katie to ask her expert opinion (PhD in Child Psychology) on the benefits and/or harm with children being part of a family vlogs.

She would likely not know the answer because, let's face it, it is unknown territory. It seems there are 4 main genres of YouTube family vloggers, notwithstanding being filmed every day, in most cases, for years on end:

1) Non invasive, passive vlogging. Cullen & Katie for the most part fall into this genre. It stand's to reason this would pose the least (both present and future) risk to the child.

2) Character themed family vlog's. These, imo, are also the least potentially harmful, both emotionally or psychologically. They are clear in their premise and therefore this makes it clear in the child's mind: Dressing up in a Disney character costume and playing out a fantasy fairy story. April & Davey's big buck's channel comes to mind which is separate from any potential affects of their daily vlogging channel.

3) Those that create a YouTube-esque character for their kid's and deliver them a script off camera to say once the camera is rolling. An alter ego if you will. This to me is potentially the most confusing aspect for very young kids that this is being asked of. Daily Bumps and Saccone Joly's come to mind. I felt uncomfortable with their vlog on their Friendliest Friends channel, of their 4 y/o daughter doing her bedroom tour in the weirdest high pitched voice; she looked confused throughout.

4) Capitalizing (or at the very least including, rather than excluding) on their children's accidents/pain/privacy/embarrassments etc. I would also include child nudity/bath time/potty training etc. Bonnie and several others come to mind. This one appears to be the concerning one for most people and, seeing the first three genres, it's understandable to see why. It's also understandable to see why these thing's do not need to be included in order to become a successful YouTuber, like many others have done.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:22 am

SlyFox is bad with #4. They put thumbnails of their kids crying, and use dramatic titles, and get tons of views. One of them has 19 million views. It's definitely not OK.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 13803
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby tratra58 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:17 am

Scar2016 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:If I had one person I would like to do a Q & A with it would be Katie to ask her expert opinion (PhD in Child Psychology) on the benefits and/or harm with children being part of a family vlogs.

She would likely not know the answer because, let's face it, it is unknown territory. It seems there are 4 main genres of YouTube family vloggers, notwithstanding being filmed every day, in most cases, for years on end:

1) Non invasive, passive vlogging. Cullen & Katie for the most part fall into this genre. It stand's to reason this would pose the least (both present and future) risk to the child.

2) Character themed family vlog's. These, imo, are also the least potentially harmful, both emotionally or psychologically. They are clear in their premise and therefore this makes it clear in the child's mind: Dressing up in a Disney character costume and playing out a fantasy fairy story. April & Davey's big buck's channel comes to mind which is separate from any potential affects of their daily vlogging channel.

3) Those that create a YouTube-esque character for their kid's and deliver them a script off camera to say once the camera is rolling. An alter ego if you will. This to me is potentially the most confusing aspect for very young kids that this is being asked of. Daily Bumps and Saccone Joly's come to mind. I felt uncomfortable with their vlog on their Friendliest Friends channel, of their 4 y/o daughter doing her bedroom tour in the weirdest high pitched voice; she looked confused throughout.

4) Capitalizing (or at the very least including, rather than excluding) on their children's accidents/pain/privacy/embarrassments etc. I would also include child nudity/bath time/potty training etc. Bonnie and several others come to mind. This one appears to be the concerning one for most people and, seeing the first three genres, it's understandable to see why. It's also understandable to see why these thing's do not need to be included in order to become a successful YouTuber, like many others have done.


An insightful breakdown including logical thinking on this topic. I agree with your groupings.

I have such a low threshold for Bonnie these days, if there is no vlogging in the bathroom/kids are dressed, it passes the decency test. I noticed Joel doing most of the filming today too.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby winniewise » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

CallieT wrote:This is just to add on to the discussion of blanket training from the book "To Train Up a Child"...which from what I understand, Bonnie has promoted.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here or not, but this book has been directly linked to the death of three children. I'd encourage everybody to read this article about the book, which talks about the murders, and what the book instructs: https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.babble. ... ent=safari

Now, I completely understand that we don't even know if Bonnie inflicts any pain at all on her children during blanket time, and I don't think Bonnie abuses her children. However, it's disgusting to me that Bonnie promotes this book, because we know that the message that some people (not Bonnie) receive from it leads them to kill or seriously abuse their children. I don't think what Bonnie does with blanket time is necessarily wrong, and I think the majority of people that read that book won't do anything wrong, but we know that it causes some people to commit despicable actions, so the fact that Bonnie promotes it is unacceptable to me.

Here's another Amazon review that talks about the book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/161 ... 8&cursor=2

Bonnie promotes the book "Babywise", not "To Train Up a Child".
User avatar
winniewise
Informer
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:13 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby tratra58 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 am

Ok, you guys have me feeling sorry for Jackson now. Did Bonnie's kids really give them their used toys for his birthday? and pajamas they had to return? wrapped in left over Christmas wrapping? Why would you give this to a three year old on his birthday.

Pardon me, but this is really silly parenting giving used presents to a preschooler.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby PostyMcPosterston » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 am

I thought the gifts from the boys were nice. But I do think it would have been nice of Bonnie and Joel to go out and get an actual unused gift. I agree with Bonnie that it's a nice lesson for the boys.

Very nice of Joel to help out the neighbors!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby actuallydear » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 am

Haven't watched her for a bit, so when I saw this big rock on her hand I went "wow!" - when did she get it?

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170110/5ac3cee03a7775e0a49ed043f11be4cd.png[/img]
shake it up.
User avatar
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3231
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 am

Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:05 am

actuallydear wrote:Haven't watched her for a bit, so when I saw this big rock on her hand I went "wow!" - when did she get it?

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170110/5ac3cee03a7775e0a49ed043f11be4cd.png[/img]


No clue. Either bought it for herself or it's costume I suppose. They never said she got a new ring.

When I zoomed in to look the necklace sort of caught my eye though....

Wow. That's a big 'B'
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11128
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby tratra58 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 am

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I thought the gifts from the boys were nice. But I do think it would have been nice of Bonnie and Joel to go out and get an actual unused gift. I agree with Bonnie that it's a nice lesson for the boys.

Very nice of Joel to help out the neighbors!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for his birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

It isn't the end of the world, but it is pretty cheap and lazy of your aunt and uncle to not take the kids to a toy store and buy Jackson a nice present. Poor Jackson...and the nicest kid of all of the cousins.
Last edited by tratra58 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 am

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby PostyMcPosterston » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 am

tratra58 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:I thought the gifts from the boys were nice. But I do think it would have been nice of Bonnie and Joel to go out and get an actual unused gift. I agree with Bonnie that it's a nice lesson for the boys.

Very nice of Joel to help out the neighbors!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for their birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

It isn't the end of the world, but it is pretty cheap and lazy of your aunt and uncle to not take the kids to a toy store and buy Jackson a nice present. Poor Jackson...


I really don't think it was at the expense of Jackson because I think he felt like they were two new toys for him he didn't care if it came in a box or not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Postby PostyMcPosterston » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 am

actuallydear wrote:Haven't watched her for a bit, so when I saw this big rock on her hand I went "wow!" - when did she get it?

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170110/5ac3cee03a7775e0a49ed043f11be4cd.png[/img]


She said she got it out of a bath bomb lol. It's fake.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bonnie Hoellein

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement