Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

tratra58 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:
tratra58 wrote: I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for their birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

It isn't the end of the world, but it is pretty cheap and lazy of your aunt and uncle to not take the kids to a toy store and buy Jackson a nice present. Poor Jackson...
I really don't think it was at the expense of Jackson because I think he felt like they were two new toys for him he didn't care if it came in a box or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't be serious. He didn't recognize his pajamas. i will not budge on this one and I think they should have gone out to buy their nephew a new present for his birthday. They can afford it, had the time to go and purchase one and this again was just silly parenting to pass off as a lesson.
I thought they bought him the Melissa and Doug pizza set. I'll go see.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

crowmtmom78 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote: I really don't think it was at the expense of Jackson because I think he felt like they were two new toys for him he didn't care if it came in a box or not.

You can't be serious. He didn't recognize his pajamas. i will not budge on this one and I think they should have gone out to buy their nephew a new present for his birthday. They can afford it, had the time to go and purchase one and this again was just silly parenting to pass off as a lesson.

You're correct Bonnie did give the Pizza set. I thought she was teaching the boys to give from the heart.

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Ducklings4 wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:
tratra58 wrote: You can't be serious. He didn't recognize his pajamas. i will not budge on this one and I think they should have gone out to buy their nephew a new present for his birthday. They can afford it, had the time to go and purchase one and this again was just silly parenting to pass off as a lesson.

You're correct Bonnie did give the Pizza set. I thought she was teaching the boys to give from the heart.

I went back and looked and couldn't remember which video they said that anyway!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ducklings4 wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:
tratra58 wrote: You can't be serious. He didn't recognize his pajamas. i will not budge on this one and I think they should have gone out to buy their nephew a new present for his birthday. They can afford it, had the time to go and purchase one and this again was just silly parenting to pass off as a lesson.

I think those were things that Cody and Boston _wanted_ to give Jackson. Even if they were their toys, I thought it was sweet. They wanted him to have them. My daughter did stuff like that when she was little. She would wrap her toys for other kids. They weren't beat up or anything. Wasn't one of them something one of the boys just got for Christmas? And Boston giving up a Hulk toy is a big deal.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

On another note. . .

Found this guy through another channel but I like what he says even if a little off the wall:

"YouTubers Who Monetize Their Kids"

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Peridot wrote:On another note. . .

Found this guy through another channel but I like what he says even if a little off the wall:

"YouTubers Who Monetize Their Kids"

He made some good points.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Gossipgirl777 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:I'm looking at her tags... interesting that yesterday's has trump as a tag. Maybe he was discussed, but I didn't catch because that's the one I wasn't really paying much attention to.
Please can you remind me how to look at the tags? I'd like to check out another Youtubers. Thanks. :)
If you are on a laptop/computer use VIDIQ a google chrome extension everytime you go onto a youtube video you can see all their tags on the same page it's very easy! and interesting too!
Thanks so much! :tu: I see it also gives a more precise estimate at the earnings for each video. Hmm. :D
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Gossipgirl777 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:I haven't watched it, but what was up with the "jail", "cops", "police", and "prison" tags?
Boston, iirc, had been naughty when they were playing in the basement and he was worried the cops/police might come and get him and take him to jail.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Gossipgirl777 wrote:
Boston, iirc, had been naughty when they were playing in the basement and he was worried the cops/police might come and get him and take him to jail.
Where would a kid his age get that idea? Interesting. But using it as a tag is kinda weird. Someone looking for videos about police or jail, would probably be pretty annoyed to see the wholesome Holleins instead of a "Cops" kind of video.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:Boston, iirc, had been naughty when they were playing in the basement and he was worried the cops/police might come and get him and take him to jail.
Where would a kid his age get that idea? Interesting. But using it as a tag is kinda weird. Someone looking for videos about police or jail, would probably be pretty annoyed to see the wholesome Holleins instead of a "Cops" kind of video.
Could be the older two kids but I've known parents to use the threat of cops coming to get you (to their small children) as a means of discipline/parenting tool. :?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie has a pretty nice dad and he is a great grandfather. You can tell her sons love him. I wish they vlog in the cannon some since it is a beautiful area of Utah.

It seems Cody is taking an interest with writing and drawing and did ok. I do think he was behind starting Kindergarten and in this area Preschool is a prerequisite (not mandated by law, but everyone just sends them) to going into to Kindergarten where they start their writing skills or are writing pretty good by Kindergarten. But practice should improve his skills in no time and his apparent interest will help, but I don't know if they really take the time to do this.

I would say this could be true based on Utah YouTubers.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3528692-155/ ... m-boost-to

Snow said an increasing number of Utah students enter kindergarten without basic preparation skills.

"They're not able to recognize letters," he said. "They're not able to recognize much vocabulary and they're, frankly, not ready to engage in kindergarten."
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I wonder if there's a correlation between Utah children not being educated properly at home and Mormon families having so many children? It's hard to teach letters and numbers to your kids when you're having baby after baby. Having a large family is one thing, but kids shouldn't go without because their parents didn't know where to draw the line.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I wonder if there's a correlation between Utah children not being educated properly at home and Mormon families having so many children? It's hard to teach letters and numbers to your kids when you're having baby after baby. Having a large family is one thing, but kids shouldn't go without because their parents didn't know where to draw the line.
What kills me is how easy it is to teach your kids using YouTube! My almost 3 to knows the order of the colors of the rainbow just from watching Mother Goose Club, I didn't do a thing!
I'm sure Bonnie could find a superhero ABC song just as easily as Hulk playdough.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I wonder if there's a correlation between Utah children not being educated properly at home and Mormon families having so many children? It's hard to teach letters and numbers to your kids when you're having baby after baby. Having a large family is one thing, but kids shouldn't go without because their parents didn't know where to draw the line.
http://www.standard.net/Education/2016/ ... -Utah-hill

Another piece of legislation, House Bill 42, would require the State Board of Education to develop entry and exit assessments for all optional, enhanced kindergarten programs, and to administer a grant for kindergarten academic improvement programs. Right now, districts conduct their own assessments of kids registering for kindergarten to determine if they’re ready for school or are going to need extra help to catch up.

Annalynne Yamashita, of Roy, is the parent of a kindergarten student. She used to teach first grade, and said a lot of children were behind in school because of what they missed at home.

“There were quite a few kids that just had not been exposed to things — simple things like reading books or the alphabet,” she said.

Unfortunately some families are facing challenges, often financial, that hurt children.

“What do you leave out of your budget to survive?” Pollock asked. “Those things we used to consider needs, like books, have now become wants.”

And sometimes parents don’t realize how simple things, such as speaking to children in full sentences, can make a difference.

“A lot of times it’s easy for parents to just give commands — ‘Come eat’ versus ‘Let’s come to the table and eat, because it’s time for dinner,’ ” Pollock said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Having larger families could be a big issue, but I think it also comes down to parents prioritizing education. It appears moms are at home, they could take the time to read them books and learning can be as simple as teaching them to count by how many dishes you put on the table (or paper plates in the Hoellein household;). At the very least, if you don't teach them at home, send them to a preschool. Moms who are working might find that their children have an advantage if they send them to a daycare center or even a home daycare situation since many of these kids are being taught letters, colors etc. Generally in the US, you see economic issues to why kids are not ready for school, but that doesn't seem to be the only reason in Utah.

I image it is not easy being a teacher in Utah and popping in a movie is not uncommon in Utah homes.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk[/quote]

tratra58:
I see you could take those tags way beyond the vlog topic, yet Bonnie is doing something right with the amount of views she is receiving in a challenging YouTube world.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:Boston, iirc, had been naughty when they were playing in the basement and he was worried the cops/police might come and get him and take him to jail.
Could be the older two kids but I've known parents to use the threat of cops coming to get you (to their small children) as a means of discipline/parenting tool. :?
Wow, really? That's so mean! I would never have thought to say that! I guess it's along the lines of saying "If you don't come, I'm leaving without you" Which when my kids were little, they said you shouldn't say-- increases fear of abandonment, and it's not a threat you can follow through on. I assume it's the same nowadays.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Are you guys actually suggesting that the only way a toddler would know who the police are is because they had been threatened with that?

My son is two and has known what a police car FOREVER. Any flash cards, or show involving cars/trucks has a police car. Usually this car is a policeman. Superhero movies as well. It's all about order. Real life superheroes. Just as Boston would know the Hulk, I would expect him to know what a cop is. It doesn't mean he's watched inappropriate shows, or been threatened with going to jail. It just means he's a little kid with an awareness of society. Garbage man, Fire man, policeman, etc....
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

winniewise wrote:
What kills me is how easy it is to teach your kids using YouTube! My almost 3 to knows the order of the colors of the rainbow just from watching Mother Goose Club, I didn't do a thing!
I'm sure Bonnie could find a superhero ABC song just as easily as Hulk playdough.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I was looking up another statistic with woman working or in the workforce which was unrelated to this board, but skimmed down the states and Utah has the lowest at 16.7% of woman in the workforce. Alaska is the highest.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Are you guys actually suggesting that the only way a toddler would know who the police are is because they had been threatened with that?

My son is two and has known what a police car FOREVER. Any flash cards, or show involving cars/trucks has a police car. Usually this car is a policeman. Superhero movies as well. It's all about order. Real life superheroes. Just as Boston would know the Hulk, I would expect him to know what a cop is. It doesn't mean he's watched inappropriate shows, or been threatened with going to jail. It just means he's a little kid with an awareness of society. Garbage man, Fire man, policeman, etc....
The thing is, Bonnie does do a wide range of tags (thanks to the person who showed me how to see this lol) and I don't fault her for this, but I think she goes beyond what most would tag their vlogs with.

Do you think this increases her views? That is what I would be curious about.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”