Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by tratra58 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Also I know some will hate me for this but is it just me or is Lincoln almost non verbal? How old is he? My 14 month old is way more talkative than him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But can your 14 month old say "hi" when you give them a animal cracker that comes from you mouth. lol. What an odd exchange...Bonnie with a cookie in her mouth trying to get her son to say "hi" or was this that bird feeding again.
Also, first baby words requirement in this house is telling Bonnie "love you, love you."

Yikes. I also seeing Bonnie and Joel becoming Jared with loud voices, singing and dancing. The singing and dancing when they took the tree down was annoying since Bonnie singing is not good, but neither is Jared's and goodness she is loud.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I will add the last few vlogs, kids are dressed appropriately and there just isn't much to film as seen by having a family event going to watch your siblings have a tooth filled. That has to be a challenge with vlogging since life is boring.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:
menehune wrote:I hate the paper plate thing too, although I haven't noticed Bonnie being really bad for it. Only over Christmas when they had the food out. I wonder if its a new habit they've just started? I've been surprised it hasn't come up more often with E&J to be honest. If its been a divisive subject on other boards then I guess that makes sense why. Honestly, thinking of the environment I'd rather Bonnie feed her kids on the table than waste a paper plate for a 5 minute snack. She could at least put it on a napkin though! But definitely it's lazy and she should use her regular plates instead. The paper thing surprises me because I would have expected the Griffiths to have been raised to use good china or something. Honestly though? Ellie and her "I always do my dishes" when she uses paper half the time and has a dishwasher bothers me more with it's misleading "I have it all together." message. The environment doesn't seem to be a big concern for most YTers though. I don't think everyone needs to have a dishwasher. Some people don't have large kitchens, or the means to afford a dishwasher. I think that opinion is akin to saying someone with children should absolutely have a car. It doesn't recognize that different people have different lifestyles. Apparently the Griffiths lifestyle just happens to be a visibly clean/tidy home above all else ;)

Linc is almost 17 months. He's definitely not non-verbal given that he expresses himself just fine and is comprehending when they speak to/engage with him. According to our Paediatrician, an 18 month old should have about 8 words minimum. Linc has around that from at least what we've seen, plus he babbles a lot. I think he's fine. Not advanced necessarily, but certainly not delayed. It's more about how expressive they are and how much they seem to understand at this point. I think he's definitely checking those boxes. A child with more words is just advanced :D
I think the younger babies in families tend to speak later. The older ones seemed to interpret for them.

I found this to be very true. What toddler could insert a word or two when you have several older siblings talking all the time... and yes they interpret for them too.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Denlillehavfrue wrote:I typically let bonnie pass with a lot less criticism than other youtubers but I must say, those couple of hours she has with Boston, she ALWAYS pops in a movie. We all know Cody did not know his letters before school. This is the perfect time to work with Boston and teach him.
I have to give E+J this one with how they are teaching colors etc. by finding new games to play with their kids. Lots of TV watching is shown at Bonnie and Joel's house, but I do think they take time to help with homework. Just by what they show on the vlogs, my guess is Jackson is ahead of Cody with some skills for example knowing colors, letters and counting.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

What was interesting that the title was referring to? I was only halfway paying attention today.

jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:What was interesting that the title was referring to? I was only halfway paying attention today.

You didn't miss a thing. It wasn't at all interesting haha
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Joel Is ridiculous with that phone. lol I had no idea they even made dinosaur phones like that anymore.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I have two boys two years apart. I cannot count how many times they injured each other. I had countless visits to the ER for stitches and broken bones. I feel this is just the beginning for Bonnie with three boys.

phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

I like Bonnie the most of all, but her vlogs have become repetitive, they're sleeping in, laying in bed, napping, letting the kids watch movies in the basement, showing the kids taking baths and getting injured. Some Joel here and there. I'd love to see, what Bonnie started with: her make-up skills. I really love her tutorials. But it feels like she's pushing her passion (I assume it is/was :?) aside.

I wish she'd mix her channel content up a bit. It would be easier too: throwing in some pre-recorded make-up videos once a week, vlogging on 3 days and maybe some manly-things video for the fifth day. I personally prefer quality over quantity.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

tratra58 wrote:
Denlillehavfrue wrote:I typically let bonnie pass with a lot less criticism than other youtubers but I must say, those couple of hours she has with Boston, she ALWAYS pops in a movie. We all know Cody did not know his letters before school. This is the perfect time to work with Boston and teach him.
I have to give E+J this one with how they are teaching colors etc. by finding new games to play with their kids. Lots of TV watching is shown at Bonnie and Joel's house, but I do think they take time to help with homework. Just by what they show on the vlogs, my guess is Jackson is ahead of Cody with some skills for example knowing colors, letters and counting.
Do you mean Boston instead of Cody? I did feel bad for Cody going into Kindergarten knowing so little.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

workfromhomemom wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
Do you mean Boston instead of Cody? I did feel bad for Cody going into Kindergarten knowing so little.
No, I actually meant Boston who I didn't realize these two were just a little over a year apart. You can see Jackson acquire several skills by really his parents taking time to read and play games with their kids. For example, they played the match game which incorporated learning your colors. If Cody entered Kindergarten not knowing much, I hope they are working with him to catch him up which appears to be what they are doing with homework every evening.

After today's vlog, they seem to be digressing into a world of each day of not doing too much. But I guess there is just so much there is to do when it is winter in Utah. But their viewer numbers stay consistently high so they must be doing something right.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:What was interesting that the title was referring to? I was only halfway paying attention today.

Their life is like the rest of ours and not interesting lol. Wow, the high number of views they got with Olivia's mishap is amazing.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

phie20 wrote:I like Bonnie the most of all, but her vlogs have become repetitive, they're sleeping in, laying in bed, napping, letting the kids watch movies in the basement, showing the kids taking baths and getting injured. Some Joel here and there. I'd love to see, what Bonnie started with: her make-up skills. I really love her tutorials. But it feels like she's pushing her passion (I assume it is/was :?) aside.

I wish she'd mix her channel content up a bit. It would be easier too: throwing in some pre-recorded make-up videos once a week, vlogging on 3 days and maybe some manly-things video for the fifth day. I personally prefer quality over quantity.

Really good suggestions for her channel. I hope she is reading what you stated since this would get them away from showing their inactive lifestyle!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tratra58 wrote:

Their life is like the rest of ours and not interesting lol. Wow, the high number of views they got with Olivia's mishap is amazing.
And that really bugs me because she specifically asked her to cut it out . I get that it's real life, etc. But when your school age child asks you to edit something out, you shouldn't include it in the vlogs.
Did I hear right that they slept in until 9:30 because Lincoln slept in until 9:30? Meaning Olivia and Cody got themselves up and ready for school themselves?
And please tell me Joel was kidding about Bonnie giving him permission to get whatever phone he wanted? I am assuming he was, but after the "He's not getting a truck" comment of hers, I wonder.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:I have two boys two years apart. I cannot count how many times they injured each other. I had countless visits to the ER for stitches and broken bones. I feel this is just the beginning for Bonnie with three boys.

Having several sons, I can relate to what you are saying. The only thing I would do differently is get those kids helmets for when they are on the four wheeler.

Utah this winter is beautiful and a good example of cabin fever setting in...lots of running around the house is typical when trapped inside.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

And that really bugs me because she specifically asked her to cut it out . I get that it's real life, etc. But when your school age child asks you to edit something out, you shouldn't include it in the vlogs.
Did I hear right that they slept in until 9:30 because Lincoln slept in until 9:30? Meaning Olivia and Cody got themselves up and ready for school themselves?
And please tell me Joel was kidding about Bonnie giving him permission to get whatever phone he wanted? I am assuming he was, but after the "He's not getting a truck" comment of hers, I wonder.

I think Joel is getting up with Olivia, fixing her hair before school and perhaps even driving her to school in the cold weather. Cody appears to go to afternoon Kindergarten which I keep thinking Utah should be full days if the kids are not getting ahead with basic learning at home during their preschool years.

You stay-at-home moms do not have this luxury to sleep in this late since you husbands are at work at this time lol. ;)

I agree, leave it out when they ask it to be edited out. But geezz...this vlog got a big number with views. Super surprised at this so thumbnails with injuries draw viewes.

No, you heard it right Joel got Bonnie's permission to buy a phone of his choice...yikes! I was sad at him getting a new phone since it takes another sweet image of Joel away who was satisfied with low tech or who cares if I don't have the latest smart phone like the others...the weird ones who makes it a big deal with outboxing the latest iPhone etc. To me, him buying the Apple iMac laptop and a new phone symbolizes another step for Joel to becoming a YouTuber and not pursuing his dream of owning a small business :(

Finally, you don't see Bonnie hitting that gym and she has all the time in the world to do this.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
tratra58 wrote: Their life is like the rest of ours and not interesting lol. Wow, the high number of views they got with Olivia's mishap is amazing.

I think Joel is getting up with Olivia, fixing her hair before school and perhaps even driving her to school in the cold weather. Cody appears to go to afternoon Kindergarten which I keep thinking Utah should be full days if the kids are not getting ahead with basic learning at home during their preschool years.

You stay-at-home moms do not have this luxury to sleep in this late since you husbands are at work at this time lol. ;)

I agree, leave it out when they ask it to be edited out. But geezz...this vlog got a big number with views. Super surprised at this so thumbnails with injuries draw viewes.

No, you heard it right Joel got Bonnie's permission to buy a phone of his choice...yikes! I was sad at him getting a new phone since it takes another sweet image of Joel away who was satisfied with low tech or who cares if I don't have the latest smart phone like the others...the weird ones who makes it a big deal with outboxing the latest iPhone etc. To me, him buying the Apple iMac laptop and a new phone symbolizes another step for Joel to becoming a YouTuber and not pursuing his dream of owning a small business :(

Finally, you don't see Bonnie hitting that gym and she has all the time in the world to do this.
To be fair, having a good phone and his own computer is a necessity these days for a business owner. It could be a sign of him changing, or it could be a sign of starting a business.

I'm guessing Olivia decided it was fine for her incident to go in the vlog. They've said before she watches them, and I'm pretty sure she was there the night Bonnie edited it since they were sleeping together.

I appreciated that Bonnie turned the camera off off right away and attended to her boys this time given that she just got a lot of views from an accident. She is one YTers that I do feel is engaged emotionally with all her kids.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I really like Bonnie, but I do think it's strange to sleep in until 9:30. Did Olivia get herself ready, fed, and off to school? That's not right. I do agree they are not getting much done (and watching way too much tv) considering the amazing opportunity they have right now.
If I were in their shoes I'd definitely be making the most of it!
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I really like Bonnie, but I do think it's strange to sleep in until 9:30. Did Olivia get herself ready, fed, and off to school? That's not right. I do agree they are not getting much done (and watching way too much tv) considering the amazing opportunity they have right now.
If I were in their shoes I'd definitely be making the most of it!
Joel has been getting her ready and taking her to school because of the snow and cold.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I assumed they went back to bed after sending her off. This is normal in my house because I have a large age gap between my boys so I send the oldest one off and then go back and lay down with the little one until he's ready to get up. I can see how it looks lazy, but it makes the most sense when you have a light sleeping toddler.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”