Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Snootfullofhoneybees
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by Snootfullofhoneybees »

I thought Bonnie and Joel got Jackson some of that fancy fake food? I thought I read that on Ellie's thread.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Snootfullofhoneybees wrote:I thought Bonnie and Joel got Jackson some of that fancy fake food? I thought I read that on Ellie's thread.
The pizza set, I think. It was the flat box in Christmas paper that someone else mentioned.

My thoughts on the used gifts - It's a bit bizarre to me, particularly gifting anything that isn't at least in "like new" condition. I will admit to a strong personal bias, though. Growing up, most of the stuff we got was from garage sales or thrift stores, and I resented the hell out of it, which was pretty snobby of me, but it is what it is. I learned very early - like before kindergarten - that other children got clothes and toys that were new, with price tags and packaging, whereas everything we got was used. In time I came to appreciate thrifting, especially for high-value electronics, jewelry, kitchenware and appliances, but I still wouldn't give a small child used crap for his birthday.

The toy pizza set was the real gift and I wouldn't necessarily expect separate gifts from each of Bonnie's children, so I'll just chalk the used gifts up to being another weird Griffiths thing. The wrapping paper didn't really bug me either. It was candy cane striped but didn't say "Merry Christmas" or whatever on it. I would personally have just bought different paper, especially with the income these people make and considering that the gifts were going to be shown on YouTube, but Griffiths gonna Griffiths. My mom did stuff like use Christmas paper for birthdays. (As a child, I once got a gift from a friend that was wrapped in newspaper - the comics page specifically. I thought that was neat and in a pinch would do that rather than the Christmas paper.)
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

IceCreamCone wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:Boston is such a funny little character. He's probably a lot of work some days, so I'm glad he's not my child, but I do adore watching him!

Do the Griffiths only do birthday parties on the child's actual birthday? I've noticed this before and it always seems to be on a Monday. There were so many kids missing from the party. I didn't see Kate and I'm fairly certain she lives close by. Or why not invite Noah from Samika? Are Jackson's only friends his cousins? I'm used to Saturday parties, so the weekday party makes no sense to me unless everyone can attend. By making it on a weekday you are pretty much ensuring minimal attendance. Strange family.
I see your point with having it on the weekend so more family can attend. But maybe having the birthday vlog on the weekday, they get more views?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could be, but then that really sucks for the child and I would hope that's not the case. I can't imagine that being it though. Most of Ellie and Jared's fanbase is children, and I imagine they will go back and watch past vlogs, even if they can't watch over the weekend.
This is a griffiths-wide trait so I don't think it's for the vlogs. It makes sense to me that in these larger families birthdays would be a small celebration and just on the day of. These days everyone tries to out-Pinterest each other on everything that it's nice to just see small affairs to celebrate that kid's day.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

In the vlog yesterday Ellie mentioned going on a road trip. We know they will 100% go to California for Bryan's album release. Only, why would they drive? E&J always fly, and aren't shy about wasting money lately. Then, last night, Bonnie Insta'd a pic teasing a possible vacation....
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... fd5a1d.png[/img]
As much as I'd love for the Hoellein kids to go to Disney, I do not want to see them go with E&J, or the Lumps. Or going to his album release and fangirling over it Image
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

Another fake image she tries to portray is how close her family is. she can't hold Jackson's party on a weekend for the other cousins to be able to attend but they sure as heck can fly out for Ollie's extravagant birthday party!! I don't mind the simple style of Jacksons party, I prefer it and do the same with my kids but you would think if her family is so tight nit they would have at least to have thought about them being able to come too.
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

chachismemories1 wrote:Another fake image she tries to portray is how close her family is. she can't hold Jackson's party on a weekend for the other cousins to be able to attend but they sure as heck can fly out for Ollie's extravagant birthday party!! I don't mind the simple style of Jacksons party, I prefer it and do the same with my kids but you would think if her family is so tight nit they would have at least to have thought about them being able to come too.

Opps! Meant to put this on Ellie's board.....
lexlex11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lexlex11 »

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but do we have any idea what this could be about?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... faec03.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Not even one minute into today's vlog and Bonnie is making our comments again about her ex boyfriends in front of Joel and the kids.

This girl can be so socially awkward. I find those comments to be completely inappropriate even more so since she's posting it online. How would she like it if Joe are making those comments?
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

lexlex11 wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but do we have any idea what this could be about?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... faec03.jpg[/img]

Her Aunt Sonya? I hope everything is ok with her.

Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

I typically let bonnie pass with a lot less criticism than other youtubers but I must say, those couple of hours she has with Boston, she ALWAYS pops in a movie. We all know Cody did not know his letters before school. This is the perfect time to work with Boston and teach him.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Denlillehavfrue wrote:I typically let bonnie pass with a lot less criticism than other youtubers but I must say, those couple of hours she has with Boston, she ALWAYS pops in a movie. We all know Cody did not know his letters before school. This is the perfect time to work with Boston and teach him.
I agree, or at the very least (and this applies to most YTers I watch) give them a tablet with some educational apps to play and let them teach themselves. I think some parents like to pride themselves on their children being technology free (or just watch tv), but if you carefully select what they are watching/playing, it can actually be beneficial. Some stubborn kids even learn better when they are able to teach themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with a strong-willed personality like Boston.

Not saying this should replace interacting with your child and trying to teach them, but it can be a nice accompaniment, or at least something better than watching programs where they won't even learn anything. I am an advocate for kids having "quiet time" to recharge when they are no longer napping, and a tablet/educational program is far better than a mindless movie.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:I typically let bonnie pass with a lot less criticism than other youtubers but I must say, those couple of hours she has with Boston, she ALWAYS pops in a movie. We all know Cody did not know his letters before school. This is the perfect time to work with Boston and teach him.
It seems like by Kindergarten, children are require to know letters, how to write your name, colors etc. Do you think Utah school system evaluates (mandates) preschoolers to be tested to see where they are at with academic as well as motor skills etc. before they start Kindergarten like some states in the US. I don't see kids the Griffith/Hoellein kids go to preschool so I don't know if it is them or the area? It might help them on several levels going to a local preschool program a couple of days a week for a few hours especially during the winter when you are home as much as you are. Otherwise, it would be good to work on their academic skills since I think by Kindergarten, you will see children reading at this age.

It has to be a long winter and I can see cabin fever being an issue. Even going to the hardware store is getting out which I think the kids actually enjoy and I bet they enjoy being with their dad.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Her Aunt Sonya? I hope everything is ok with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I hope their aunt is doing ok too. I don't think she looked well from the short clip they showed last week, but in good spirits. My impression is Aunt Sonya is not that old either.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

AutumnLane wrote:Not even one minute into today's vlog and Bonnie is making our comments again about her ex boyfriends in front of Joel and the kids.

This girl can be so socially awkward. I find those comments to be completely inappropriate even more so since she's posting it online. How would she like it if Joe are making those comments?
This is at least the second time she's told that story too.
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

Ruby is way worse than Bonnie when it comes to filming at innappropriate times for views. She "loses" her kids on purpose in the store so she can "find" them for the vlog. It's interesting to compare the two haha
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

jenboghel01 wrote:Ruby is way worse than Bonnie when it comes to filming at innappropriate times for views. She "loses" her kids on purpose in the store so she can "find" them for the vlog. It's interesting to compare the two haha
And to think they are making a six figure income filming these vlogs....crazy.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

jenboghel01 wrote:Ruby is way worse than Bonnie when it comes to filming at innappropriate times for views. She "loses" her kids on purpose in the store so she can "find" them for the vlog. It's interesting to compare the two haha
Well, to be fair, she doesn't have to try very hard to lose Eve. That girl is a nightmare!
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Evie is way to understimulated for her age so she has to create her own exciting world ...
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

Namm wrote:Evie is way to understimulated for her age so she has to create her own exciting world ...
This made me laugh out loud!
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

It is so annoying how Bonnie refuses to buy a dishwasher but then uses paper plates all the time or just places the food on the bare table. Why does she insist on hand washing all her dishes? I couldn't imagine living like that and if I had to I would probably cheat and use paper plates as well.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”