Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for all of them. Joel has worked very hard his whole life, Bonnie has put a lot of effort into growing their channel, and the kids have probably never had so much fun in their lives. I think it's an amazing experience and they're going to reap many benefits, much more than they would at somewhere like Disney. I can't blame them one bit and I think that as far as vacations go, this was an excellent way to spend their money.

The problems I have with it are not waiting until the school year was up because Bonnie just /had/ to go to Hawaii, and taking the kids away from home for so long with no warning. They've got very sweet, sensitive children and even though Hawaii will be wonderful they're bound to miss their home and their things. So in that respect I think that a month is a long time, and I don't think they've really stopped to consider exactly how long they'll be there and how they'll deal with having four kids 24/7 in an unfamiliar place.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Since Bonnie said she's going to "work on" Joel agreeing to stay for 2 months, any predictions on whether she'll get her way?
I would have side eyed the "I _made_ Joel order the Cajun fish tacos because that's what I had" bit if Joel hadn't said he wanted fish tacos before they went out. I know people say stuff like that all the time, but I just chafe at the "I _made_ him" part. Making a grown person do something, when they're not your employee, just smacks of a controlling nature to me-- same with constantly asking if the kids and Joel were happy. But then again, she enjoyed Hawaii so much, maybe she just wants them to love it as much as she did. I know that I had a controlling husband, so something like that is going to be a red flag to me, but might not mean anything, really.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
CelticRain
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by CelticRain »

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:Since Bonnie said she's going to "work on" Joel agreeing to stay for 2 months, any predictions on whether she'll get her way?
I would have side eyed the "I _made_ Joel order the Cajun fish tacos because that's what I had" bit if Joel hadn't said he wanted fish tacos before they went out. I know people say stuff like that all the time, but I just chafe at the "I _made_ him" part. Making a grown person do something, when they're not your employee, just smacks of a controlling nature to me-- same with constantly asking if the kids and Joel were happy. But then again, she enjoyed Hawaii so much, maybe she just wants them to love it as much as she did. I know that I had a controlling husband, so something like that is going to be a red flag to me, but might not mean anything, really.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
My thought was that Bonnie "made him" order the fish tacos AFTER he saw the prices at Duke's. Yes, he mentioned he'd had fish tacos other days and like them, but those were either from a food truck or a less expensive restaurant. It makes me wonder if Ellie paid Bonnie's way on their trip in January - and they certainly splurged on all of those meals - so Bonnie may have no clue about the prices.

Eating out in Waikiki is pretty spendy and the food is usually sort of average. The only place I really like is brunch at Hau Tree Lanai.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I'm curious if they'll do Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial tour. That would be something educational to do, but I can't see Bonnie being patient enough to actually do it. Maybe Joel will just take the older kids? It's definitely worth it if you have the patience to wait. We went around Christmas, and I believe it was an almost two-hour wait before the boat tour.
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

BadWolf wrote:
Joel doesn't have to be screaming "OMG SO MUCH FUNNNNN" like his buddy Jared for him to be having a good time. He has never been like that, and neither has Boston. They are processors, they sit back and analyze for the most part, and come out of their shell here and there. Mostly though, they are calm and quiet. That doesn't mean they aren't happy, or having a good time. I agree it took Boston a while to feel comfortable, but theres no doubting by the end of the vlog that he was in heaven playing in the waves! Joel may be in shock from the traffic, or the prices, or just feeling emotional watching his daughter play in the ocean (which he even said). The trip may suck eventually, but for now they are having a great time. They spent all that money on this dream vacation, so I hope it is a dream for them. Seems weird to sit here and hope for them to have a terrible vacation :?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”