Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by natalka81 »

Is it just me or are the comments on the vlog getting more negative? Maybe that or B&J just aren't deleting the negative ones as much. I\ve said this before, but I do understand the concerns about safety; otherwise, I honestly I think this family is one of the best out there to watch.
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

If you are interested in a family that truly is a good example of how to raise kids and it is all about their kids check out "J House vlogs". Very genuine, the kids are super smart, mom home schools but at least once a week they go to a mainstream school. It is hard to find anything negative about the family.
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

snkjdgs wrote:If you are interested in a family that truly is a good example of how to raise kids and it is all about their kids check out "J House vlogs". Very genuine, the kids are super smart, mom home schools but at least once a week they go to a mainstream school. It is hard to find anything negative about the family.
Those kids are lovely, so gracious, well spoken and well mannered, and the parents really listen to their thoughts/opinions in a respectful manner.

One thing I have always loved about Bonnie is how much pride she takes in being an aunt, I remember a christmas or thanksgiving vlog where she was cuddling Julie's Cooper (or Porter?) And she was getting teary saying how much they miss and love him, made me tear up watching it ...

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kiwimumof-5 wrote:
snkjdgs wrote:If you are interested in a family that truly is a good example of how to raise kids and it is all about their kids check out "J House vlogs". Very genuine, the kids are super smart, mom home schools but at least once a week they go to a mainstream school. It is hard to find anything negative about the family.
Those kids are lovely, so gracious, well spoken and well mannered, and the parents really listen to their thoughts/opinions in a respectful manner.

One thing I have always loved about Bonnie is how much pride she takes in being an aunt, I remember a christmas or thanksgiving vlog where she was cuddling Julie's Cooper (or Porter?) And she was getting teary saying how much they miss and love him, made me tear up watching it ...

I remember that. It was sweet, but it seemed like he wasn't into being cuddled by her. He was really upset and wanted his mommy. He didn't really seem to remember her. I know that her intentions were mostly good, but on the other hand it was reinforcing the lack of boundaries that the Griffiths kids have. She wanted to cuddle him, and his feelings didn't seem to matter. The minute his mom walked in, he practically jumped out of her arms.
On the other hand, she and Jackson have a very sweet relationship. He lights up when he sees her. When they came home from Hawaii after the girl's trip, he had to be told to go say hi to Ellie, because he was all caught up in the Hoellein family hugging. It was cleverly edited out of E&J's vlog of the homecoming. I am glad that she gives him some of the mothering that he doesn't get from Ellie.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

I havent seen the vlog in awhile but thought it was because Cooper had just woken up haha, I need to rewatch it . I do agree with the lack of boundaries though.
I never actually watched E&Js vlog of their return, only Bonnies, I need to watch that one too

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I can't find their fb. Could someone post a link or something? I want to see the photos. That one looks so nice to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I can't find their fb. Could someone post a link or something? I want to see the photos. That one looks so nice to me!

https://www.facebook.com/bonniejoelhoellein/
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Some of the pics aren't that great, but some are absolutely lovely!
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

So now Bonnie is getting her eyebrows tattooed. That costs between $500-$1000. But her kids are wearing old pajamas to lunch, Olivia's clothes are too tight, and Joel still doesn't have a decent car to drive that all the kids fit in. Ok.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Who is she trying to become? I think success and vanity is taking over.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

It bothers me how Bonnie uses the children's bodies as incentives to get something. Mostly with Boston and Lincoln. Like the "kiss Olivia for the pacifier" thing. She does it pretty often, makes him kiss her (Bonnie or one of the other kids) for food. A kiss on the lips no less. (Not that kisses on the lips aren't okay, it's just weird how they must do it or they won't get their food/treat/paci.) She did it a lot with Boston when he was younger. It's so important to teach children that they have ownership over their bodies and nobody can tell them what to do with it. This is teaching them the opposite. Do what I say with your body and you'll get something out of it...
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Seriously. Fake eyelashes, hair extensions and tattooed eyebrows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I'm not even surprised to be honest, I've always felt that Bonnie has always had expensive taste just like Ellie based on the clothing, bags, and jewellery Bonnie has shown previously. Appearances are very important to Bonnie. It appears that the kids are either 100% done up along with Bonnie being done up, or Bonnie being done up and the kids still in their pajamas. I don't recall a time where Bonnie has gone out with the kids done up and her not.

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Is she doing microblading or just regular tattooed eyebrows?
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Sarai wrote:Is she doing microblading or just regular tattooed eyebrows?
She said microblading. I hope the person who does it can guide her on not overdoing it.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I feel like Bonnie's family, perhaps more than her siblings', really sticks to rigid gender roles. I mean, I know that as Mormons they wouldn't be particularly open exploring gender fluidity ;) but is there really a reason why Olivia can't also go with Joel to help mow the grass? Boys only, I guess...
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

It's really nice of Joel to drive an hour each way to do lawn work for his and Bonnie's parents. I wonder if he's doing it to get out of the house and away from Bonnie.

Bonnie was stupid and vapid before, but she's just getting worse. She and her sisters (except maybe Julie) are extremely weird - very self-centered.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

natalka81 wrote:I feel like Bonnie's family, perhaps more than her siblings', really sticks to rigid gender roles. I mean, I know that as Mormons they wouldn't be particularly open exploring gender fluidity ;) but is there really a reason why Olivia can't also go with Joel to help mow the grass? Boys only, I guess...
I agree that Mormons are very rigid about gender roles, but she was at school.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Parkerwar wrote:So now Bonnie is getting her eyebrows tattooed. That costs between $500-$1000. But her kids are wearing old pajamas to lunch, Olivia's clothes are too tight, and Joel still doesn't have a decent car to drive that all the kids fit in. Ok.
I don't really agree with spending that much money on beauty stuff, and I definitely think that taking your kids out in pyjamas is inappropriate, but I don't think these two things are necessarily related-- in that I don't think Bonnie thinks she should spend more money on herself than on her kids. It seems like just strange decision-making maybe. The kids don't really want for anything in my opinion.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

natalka81 wrote:I feel like Bonnie's family, perhaps more than her siblings', really sticks to rigid gender roles. I mean, I know that as Mormons they wouldn't be particularly open exploring gender fluidity ;) but is there really a reason why Olivia can't also go with Joel to help mow the grass? Boys only, I guess...
I'd disagree, if only because Cody had played with Olivia's princess dresses before. There was also another instance where they let him do something traditionally "girly" but I can't remember, but it stuck out to me.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”