Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

jc_1711 wrote:I met her before she became the Bonnie Hoellein Show (our kids go to the same school). She wasn't very nice then and she isn't very nice now (only if you talk YouTube will she become more animated which has also been seen on her vlogs). There are people who put off airs and the way she comes across to people is snobbish and above others. She is not a gracious person. Yes, she deserves to have her privacy but she can still be kind to others. It is almost as if she thinks she is entitled to things because she is a YouTuber. It's all about the money. Everything she does with her YouTube video is all about sponsors and how much they are able to make from these sponserships. It's just not about making videos about your life. Bonnie thinks that she is a celebrity and unfortunately she acts like most celebrities do.
It is very telling how Joel will refer to her vlogs as the Bonnie Hoellein Show. It is all about her and it is all a show. She chose to put her life on YouTube and there are consequences for doing so. It is amazing how she soaks up the compliments but she and her sister, Ellie, can't handle the negative, which is shown by them deleting comments. They talk about only showing a little bit of their life but it is the fluff. It is not reality because it is edited for our viewing. She doesn't want to be shown in a bad light. Once again, she is superficial.
Was there any talk/concern amongst the parents or teachers regarding the amount of school her kids missed for the Hawaii vacation and then Disneyland right after?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think what bothers most people (me at least) is that it's disingenuous at best to say that you're vlogging "for the memories". It's complete BS. Everyone vlogs for the money. So own it. Yes, sponsored vlogs are part of that. Big deal. If you believe they vlog for the memories, I have some waterfront property in Nevada to sell. If they were really vlogging for memories, there is no reason to upload it, make it public, and monetize it, or sign with a network. I have lots of videos "for the memories". I haven't uploaded a single one. So don't monetize your videos, do sponsored vlogs, and then try to tell me it's for the memories. The 10 year olds may buy it, but I don't.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
jc_1711 wrote:I met her before she became the Bonnie Hoellein Show (our kids go to the same school). She wasn't very nice then and she isn't very nice now (only if you talk YouTube will she become more animated which has also been seen on her vlogs). There are people who put off airs and the way she comes across to people is snobbish and above others. She is not a gracious person. Yes, she deserves to have her privacy but she can still be kind to others. It is almost as if she thinks she is entitled to things because she is a YouTuber. It's all about the money. Everything she does with her YouTube video is all about sponsors and how much they are able to make from these sponserships. It's just not about making videos about your life. Bonnie thinks that she is a celebrity and unfortunately she acts like most celebrities do.
It is very telling how Joel will refer to her vlogs as the Bonnie Hoellein Show. It is all about her and it is all a show. She chose to put her life on YouTube and there are consequences for doing so. It is amazing how she soaks up the compliments but she and her sister, Ellie, can't handle the negative, which is shown by them deleting comments. They talk about only showing a little bit of their life but it is the fluff. It is not reality because it is edited for our viewing. She doesn't want to be shown in a bad light. Once again, she is superficial.
Was there any talk/concern amongst the parents or teachers regarding the amount of school her kids missed for the Hawaii vacation and then Disneyland right after?
I'm interested in hearing that too. Any gossip around the school about that?

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I really wonder if anyone is surprised that Bonnie isn't that nice in person?? I feel like I've always known she's kind of a bitch, I still liked her. I think she's absolutely shown how she "turns on" and is kind when she wants to be. I don't think sweetness comes naturally to her. I don't have a problem with it either though. I don't think she tries to pretend she's a sweet person???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not surprised at all. The first time she was ever featured in Ellie's vlog i thought she seemed very full of herself. Now she has her own big channel so i bet she does think she is hot shit! Lol

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

lmmomSD wrote:I think what bothers most people (me at least) is that it's disingenuous at best to say that you're vlogging "for the memories". It's complete BS. Everyone vlogs for the money. So own it. Yes, sponsored vlogs are part of that. Big deal. If you believe they vlog for the memories, I have some waterfront property in Nevada to sell. If they were really vlogging for memories, there is no reason to upload it, make it public, and monetize it, or sign with a network. I have lots of videos "for the memories". I haven't uploaded a single one. So don't monetize your videos, do sponsored vlogs, and then try to tell me it's for the memories. The 10 year olds may buy it, but I don't.

10000% I have tons and tons of private videos for the memories. I can make them to where my family can see them if I want. But I will not expose my children to hundreds of thousands of strangers. No fucking way.

Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Funny, that's exactly how she's always come off in vlogs to me.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

snkjdgs wrote:Watching today's clog (5/23).

Interesting comments that Bonnie made about her sister Julie not blogging anymore:

1. Julie needed to stop vlogging in order to be able to focus more on her daughter Emma, with no mention of the other two kids. Just Emma.
I wonder what that is all about. I recall a year ago there were problems with Emma being very disrespectful of Julie, so much so that Julie's older sister Ruby had to come visit and stepped in to help give Julie guidance and bring Emma under control. Since then I thought there had been a noticeable improvement with Emma's behavior toward her mom. Anyone else have,any thoughts or insight into this,with respect to the Deru's (Julie & Landon) no longer vlogging.

2. I thought Bonnie's comment about needing two parents at home being needed to be able to vlog regularly, interesting. It was mentioned in respect to explaining why her husband Joel needed to quit his job and vlog daily with Bonnie; and why Julie is no longer going to vlog.

I would have liked Bonnie to show us her method of training Lincoln to stay on bed/blanket. I think Bonnie does a very good job of training her children. Out of all the siblings I think Bonnie's are the most well behaved and respectful. I absolutely adore Boston and think Lincoln is pretty cute too. I just wish they would video more realistic scenes of them raising and disciplining her children versus only the perfect children scenes. It would be good guidance for newby mothers in training and disciplining their own children.

The amount of candy she gives the kids makes me CRAZY! It is Bonnie (and her parents) who gives the kids treats/candy 24/7 around the clock. Rarely do we see Joel (or his parents) giving candy to the kids. I wonder how many arguments they must have about that.
Uh... she's not going to show how she disciplines because spanking is part of the babywise program and people would tear her apart in the comments.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Bonnie has her negative traits and may have lost a bit of touch with reality over her marginal YouTube fame, but plenty of people are described as being snobby and standoffish when they are simply shy, insecure, or have resting bitch face.

She may not be conventionally shy but she is insecure and keeps to her family. Didn't she mention recently that they were just, after living in their home for several years, having their first ever non-family dinner guests over? That's kind of odd. None of these Griffiths girls have any actual friends.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

snkjdgs wrote:
I would have liked Bonnie to show us her method of training Lincoln to stay on bed/blanket. I think Bonnie does a very good job of training her children. Out of all the siblings I think Bonnie's are the most well behaved and respectful. I absolutely adore Boston and think Lincoln is pretty cute too. I just wish they would video more realistic scenes of them raising and disciplining her children versus only the perfect children scenes. It would be good guidance for newby mothers in training and disciplining their own children.

The amount of candy she gives the kids makes me CRAZY! It is Bonnie (and her parents) who gives the kids treats/candy 24/7 around the clock. Rarely do we see Joel (or his parents) giving candy to the kids. I wonder how many arguments they must have about that.
she has a video on blanket training. it comes from the babywise book. it's in one of her playlists I think.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

LydiaE wrote:Bonnie has her negative traits and may have lost a bit of touch with reality over her marginal YouTube fame, but plenty of people are described as being snobby and standoffish when they are simply shy, insecure, or have resting bitch face.

She may not be conventionally shy but she is insecure and keeps to her family. Didn't she mention recently that they were just, after living in their home for several years, having their first ever non-family dinner guests over? That's kind of odd. None of these Griffiths girls have any actual friends.
Not having a lot of visible friends is kinda an introvert stay at home mom thing too. (Most of my friends are fellow introverts). There are lots of women that enjoy mommy groups and getting together, but it's not for everyone. I'm terribly introverted, and probably come off as bitchy in appearance (at least I fear I do). I friendly if you talk to me though, just not likely to start small talk myself.

I'll go out if someone presses me to do so, but otherwise I'm happy to be home. I know it's not for everyone, but I don't think it's abnormal.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I'm the same, HelloSweetie (but I don't have kids!) I'm 21 going on 71. Yesterday I started a 2000 piece puzzle and binge-watched Grey's Anatomy. :p I have less than a handful of friends and it's always been that way, I prefer it that way. I can stay at home and be alone for days on end and feel no sort of boredom or loneliness. I imagine it would be different if I had kids, but I agree with you that it's not abnormal.

greyskies9
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greyskies9 »

I live in Utah, I am Mormon and I have in fact met Bonnie, Ellie, Jared, and Ruby before. They were all very nice but this was WAY back before they really took off. That being said, I have always found it funny that none of them seem to have many real life friends besides each other. That speaks volumes to me. It is very much the Mormon mommy culture to have playdates, hang out, girl nights, bunco, etc. You never see or hear any of that with this group of sisters. You watch Jordan Page or Michelle Pearson and you will see it. That is very common to be with friends and neighbors all the time here in Utah at least. It tells me that they aren't really that nice in person. All the "friends" we have seen them with, are either there for a reason (cross promotion) or Old high school friends. Curious. Ruby in person is actually painfully shy and very akward. I was with her for over 3 hours and the ONLY time she was talking much or even showing much emotion was when the camera was on.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I kinda have always liked Bonnie because she lets her snarky selfish bitch side come out. Most bloggers try to hide it and you are disappointed when it comes out which it always will (Ellie Walmart incident.)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The idea of Ruby taking an out of control child in hand is pretty ludicrous, judging by the way Shari mouths off and Eve does whatever she wants.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I really, really don't want this to sound snarky or like I'm trying to argue with you at all, so please don't take offense.

But, it sounds to me like you have formed an opinion based on observation (please correct me if I'm wrong). As others have said, I too am pretty introverted (and at times, insecure) and worry that I come off as bitchy or cold, even though that could not be further from the truth!

I'm not at all offended by what you have said about Bonnie because I can relate to her. I completely respect your opinion and I'm not trying to dispute that. I guess what I'm trying to say is... if you have/had an experience with Bonnie where she actually "burned" you (as a poster in the E+J thread implied), or something, I would be more inclined to think twice about my opinion of Bonnie. But, what you have described seems to be a judgement based on observation which, with all due respect, could be wrong or a misinterpretation.

Again, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! :)
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

^ so Bonnie can't be a bitch unless she "burned" that poster? Bonnie isn't shy, she just has an underlying bitchiness to her. Even Joel said, in the earlier vlogs, that she can be very ornery. I would take the word of people who have been around her rather than someone defending her online who's never met her.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Sarai wrote:^ so Bonnie can't be a bitch unless she "burned" that poster? Bonnie isn't shy, she just has an underlying bitchiness to her. Even Joel said, in the earlier vlogs, that she can be very ornery. I would take the word of people who have been around her rather than someone defending her online who's never met her.
But they didn't really have a lot to say about how she was in real life.... most of it was still what they see in vlogs.

I take my own opinion through observations over what some random poster pops in and says to be honest. I mean, we have people post all the time saying what lovely people E&J are, and I'm not about to believe that because it doesn't mesh with what I see.

Bonnie admitted in the beginning that she didn't get out much and was home with the kids all the time. She even said this made her feel really bad about herself, but she had trouble meeting people. This makes sense since she was a SAHM and Joel worked nights. Even now she only seems to go out Monday evenings to see Ellie. Some people just don't go out much.

I get why people would criticize, but honestly, you don't need to be shy to be introverted. Just because she does YT and likes the attention, that doesn't necessarily mean she isn't still nervous and uncomfortable with the mommy group type. The fact that someone said that is absolutely the norm in UT and that Bonnie has shied away from it, maybe makes me think that the typical LDS step ford wife just isn't the type of person she wants to hang with. I find that promising :P
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

I think Bonnie can be defensive, quick to lose her temper, and snappy. However, overall I believe she has a good heart and pure intentions. I don't think she thinks she is better than anyone - she's just a firecracker. Just my observations based on what I have seen in the vlogs :)
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Bonnie is loud and rude. Go watch the "how we met" video. Bonnie was an absolute BITCH to a complete stranger at a fair. Maybe it's insecurity, but she's definitely not a NICE person.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

ewokfan11 wrote:Bonnie is loud and rude. Go watch the "how we met" video. Bonnie was an absolute BITCH to a complete stranger at a fair. Maybe it's insecurity, but she's definitely not a NICE person.
Um.... She was a child! Are we to assume that Sherri is going to grow up to be a bitch because she has a bitchy attitude from time to time?

I think Bonnie is defiantly stubborn, strong willed and set in her ways, but I definitely think she's a good person.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”