Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by KaterTot »

Back to the diving in shallow water, it seems so many do it. Even Keren and Khoa do it and Oscar did as well. Their pool is very shallow, it makes me wonder if anyone ever told them about broken necks and head injuries that are so common and deadly by doing that!?
So yeah, seeing them encourage Cody to do it in the hot tub was making me cringe, I am glad he wasn't doing it right and putting his head first and neck down.
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

What do we know about how the Griffiths were raised (in terms of safety)? Were there ever any mentions of one of the kids breaking a bone or having any major injuries? It seems like safety was never enforced when they were kids and since there were no consequences for them, they are continuing the cycle.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

Toyota! Ford! Where you at!? Give Joel a truck so they can stop dropping hints

kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

Is it normal for a kid Lincon's age eat cheerios for breakfast??
you can call me kath.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Are cheerios that bad tho? I don't think they have sugar.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to feed my 2 yo if Cheerios as a bad option. They are packed with fibre, vitamins, contain no fat and are an excellent source of iron. The only downside is the small bit of sugar they have, but sugar is hard to eliminate altogether.

Glad to see he wasn't eating Lucky Charms for a sponsorship or something like DB.

On another note, Linc's speech sure is coming along! I swear he talks better than Calvin, or at least what we see.

That was really nice of Joel to let the car damage go. We were Ain a similar position before, and I was proud of my husband for doing the same. A lot of people wouldn't, and rightfully really don't have to. Joel could have got a completely new bumper out of the deal. Then again, they would probably have just wrote Frank off, and he would have got next to nothing for him.... prob less than $1000. Frank is more valuable to Joel than what he's worth monetarily since he's well maintained and still useful.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

I really despise the religious hypocrisy that Bonnie & Ellie show. I've always viewed modesty more as a behaviour as opposed to how covered up you are. Coming from a very religious background myself and recently stepping out, I see the hypocrisy more obviously than before. I don't understand how drawing attention to her bottom goes along with their family values that they try to portray. Imagine Olivia behaving in that way, it's just inappropriate. Also, the behaviour (more so from Ellie) in Hawaii with the waiter at the restaurant. Making sexual advances "as a joke" is quite frankly distrusting.

Additionally how do you not notice your 1/2 year old guzzle enough soda that he get's physically sick. I cannot fathom that.

kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

The cheerios question was an honest question! I wasn't judging.
I was surprised and decided to ask because I try to not eat processed sugar at breakfast everyday. But then again I'm not the best person to talk about that because I restrict the amount of sugar I eat in an unhealthy way.
you can call me kath.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

kathpt wrote:The cheerios question was an honest question! I wasn't judging.
I was surprised and decided to ask because I try to not eat processed sugar at breakfast everyday. But then again I'm not the best person to talk about that because I restrict the amount of sugar I eat in an unhealthy way.
I restrict the amount of sugar my kids eat too and steer clear from most cereals. Weetbix or porridge (oatmeal) are our go to's. It's simply normal for my family. Does anyone else's kids go completely crazy when they've had sugar?? Mine do! They do consume a lot of natural sugar though, big fruit eaters. In saying that if I offered them a sugary alternative they'd definitely take it. I just don't.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cheerios is better than most boxed cereals though. They do have sugar, but quite a bit less than most others. Cheerios and Kix were our go-to. And sometimes Cinnamon Life for my Asperger's boy when I was desperate.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I've never heard of Cheerios being bad for toddlers. I think every single child in my 19 month old's class brings Cheerios.

Lincoln, however, has no business drinking soda. I'm assuming it was Jennifer giving it. Not that Bonnie is opposed to it.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Really Bonnie? That's the bad news from the doctor? First world problems...

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

It is normal and OK. There is way worse cereal out there. When I worked in a supermarket the Government (WIC) program would only let them get things like Cheerios, Kix, Corn Flakes (plain) Chex etc. Cheerios are often the first finger food a one yr old learns to eat. It is also a good way for them to hone those pincher skills. ;) But he is nearly 2 so totally ok.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

alym0326 wrote:Really Bonnie? That's the bad news from the doctor? First world problems... Image

I can't bear it. What was it?

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

lmmomSD wrote:
alym0326 wrote:Really Bonnie? That's the bad news from the doctor? First world problems... Image

I can't bear it. What was it?

She did a bunch of rosacea treatments, didn't go for a little while - went back to get another treatment and the doctor said her rosacea looked bad.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I try REALLY hard not to judge other people's struggles with health challenges but this is over-the-top. Bad news from the doctor???? God.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

They could have done a title about Joel's car crash, at least that actually happened.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

dw30 wrote:
I restrict the amount of sugar my kids eat too and steer clear from most cereals. Weetbix or porridge (oatmeal) are our go to's. It's simply normal for my family. Does anyone else's kids go completely crazy when they've had sugar?? Mine do! They do consume a lot of natural sugar though, big fruit eaters. In saying that if I offered them a sugary alternative they'd definitely take it. I just don't.

I also restrict the amount of sugar. I am from the US, but not living there anymore and happy to say the country we live in doesnt have high fructose corn syrup in our foods, especially kids' cereals. Over the years, and while growing up, I didnt realise how much sugar there is in US so called breakfast foods. I am shocked and I ate all of that growing up. For example, POP TARTS on the way to school, lol! I'd never let my kids eat pop tarts... sugary cereals, as well.
But plain 4-wheat-cheerios contain 4g sugar per serve where we are right now, and I don't give a full serving (maybe 1/3), and the kids love to eat it dry with kefit/yogurt and fruits. My kids go through cycles of what they want for breakfast so I pick my battles wisely. Im the boss of my "castle" so they eat what I offer them, and try to keep it healthy as much as possible.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

amyfalafal wrote:
dw30 wrote:

I also restrict the amount of sugar. I am from the US, but not living there anymore and happy to say the country we live in doesnt have high fructose corn syrup in our foods, especially kids' cereals. Over the years, and while growing up, I didnt realise how much sugar there is in US so called breakfast foods. I am shocked and I ate all of that growing up. For example, POP TARTS on the way to school, lol! I'd never let my kids eat pop tarts... sugary cereals, as well.
But plain 4-wheat-cheerios contain 4g sugar per serve where we are right now, and I don't give a full serving (maybe 1/3), and the kids love to eat it dry with kefit/yogurt and fruits. My kids go through cycles of what they want for breakfast so I pick my battles wisely. Im the boss of my "castle" so they eat what I offer them, and try to keep it healthy as much as possible.
You know what is really whacked? When I was growing up, sugar was a positive in marketing cereal! Pops were called "Sugar Pops" Smacks were "Sugar Smacks", and Frosted flakes were "Sugar Frosted flakes"!
I know it's way off topic. It still amazes me though.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”