• Advertisement
    

C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby ferriswheel » Thu May 18, 2017 3:13 pm

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
aggieyorkie wrote:About the clothes thing, my kid has had horrible reflux since 3 weeks old and constantly spits up and drools. I gave up on cute clothes. She is in full time daycare since 6 weeks and the majority of the clothes she goes in are sleepers because they're easy to change, comfy for the different chairs/bouncers they put her in, and cover her skin when they bring them outside. So I don't care about the pj thing. Now, when she starts walking I feel like that will have to change.

I definitely get that with the weirdos out there she should at least put a shirt on Brooks. And I know it's not for lack of clothes...so I do view it as lazy on their part. I hate to say that because they are great parents but they are lazy about weird things.

Unrelated to what I was just saying above, but I feel like they're super into enforcing traditional gender roles and it bugs me.

I agree that they're very into traditional gender roles. Even though Cullen was a cheerleader, I have a feeling that they're going to want Gaines to be in cheer rather than soccer or softball herself. They already dress her like a little cheerleader for Alabama games. And I have said it before, but got pooh-poohed, that there may be issues if Brooks is a bookworm and wants nothing to do with football. Brooks' room is very much in "boy" colors, and Gaines' is in "girl" ones. We'll see what happens when the kids are older. But they seem to get a pass on this, while Bryan and Missy get flack for picking out "boy toys" for Ollie.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I am going to hope that they are open enough to not care whether or not Brooks likes sports or not, BUT I can imagine Cullen giving him shit about it, of course thinking he's joking around and wouldn't drop it as usual. I also feel like if they have another boy, and one is athletic, and the other more into academics, that the athletic one would be favored. I doubt any favoritism would be on purpose though.

I think Cullen mentioned his relationship with his father being strained when he was younger because Cullen was more of a mommy's boy (not sure if that's what I'm trying to describe). I would hope Cullen wouldn't repeat that mistake with his own kids.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
User avatar
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:47 pm
Has thanked: 1193 times
Been thanked: 3196 times

Advertisement

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby freshbalsam » Thu May 18, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm surprised at how much I actually like MG's room. I wasn't the biggest fan of it at their old house, but it looks a lot brighter, more spacious, and I love the pops of yellow! I do wish they had gone with a different color wall, since they did Brook's room basically a similar color, but again - it's their home so if they love it then that's good enough for me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Informer
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:29 am
Has thanked: 1980 times
Been thanked: 1697 times

C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby marshmallowfluf » Thu May 18, 2017 8:30 pm

I was hoping they would drop the lego wall and chalkboard wall idea. I love gaines room now but when they start adding in more yellow i know i will hate it. Lol too many bright colors all together!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 2300 times
Been thanked: 7228 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby Caisflame » Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 pm

I have to wonder how much the kids would play with a lego wall. There's only so much you can do with legos on a vertical wall. I think a strip might be cool, low so they can reach it, but a wall from top to bottom seems unnecessary. I LOVE legos, I just don't think they'd be super fun to play with on a wall. But maybe that's just me. At the very least, it doesn't need to go all the way from top to bottom.
User avatar
Caisflame
Gossiper
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2338 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby Sarai » Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Gaines' room is teal overkill imo. They should have just painted the walls a neutral color if they want so much color on everything else.
User avatar
Sarai
Gossiper
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 943 times
Been thanked: 2034 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby askeptichere » Fri May 19, 2017 5:35 am

Caisflame wrote:I have to wonder how much the kids would play with a lego wall. There's only so much you can do with legos on a vertical wall. I think a strip might be cool, low so they can reach it, but a wall from top to bottom seems unnecessary. I LOVE legos, I just don't think they'd be super fun to play with on a wall. But maybe that's just me. At the very least, it doesn't need to go all the way from top to bottom.

I totally agree. When my kids play legos they're building vehicles and buildings which they use for pretend play on the floor. I don't know what they'd do with a lego wall. They don't even use the lego sheets when they're on the floor because they move their creations around so much.
askeptichere
Gossiper
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 1711 times
Been thanked: 4675 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby lmmomSD » Fri May 19, 2017 6:41 am

askeptichere wrote:
Caisflame wrote:I have to wonder how much the kids would play with a lego wall. There's only so much you can do with legos on a vertical wall. I think a strip might be cool, low so they can reach it, but a wall from top to bottom seems unnecessary. I LOVE legos, I just don't think they'd be super fun to play with on a wall. But maybe that's just me. At the very least, it doesn't need to go all the way from top to bottom.

I totally agree. When my kids play legos they're building vehicles and buildings which they use for pretend play on the floor. I don't know what they'd do with a lego wall. They don't even use the lego sheets when they're on the floor because they move their creations around so much.

Plus, they don't seem to have Gaines play in her room much, and Brooks is only a baby now. It's going to be a long time before he is hanging out in his room. My kids had a Lego table and loved that, but a wall isn't really the way kids play with Legos. Just doesn't make sense.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11992
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 61840 times
Been thanked: 58729 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby askeptichere » Fri May 19, 2017 8:14 am

After we spent yesterday talking about Brooks being naked in the vlogs, today we get AN ENTIRE VLOG of them talking about and shopping for kids clothes. They sure buy a lot of white clothes for a 2 year old. I try to stay away from white as much as possible because dressing a toddler in white is like just throwing money in the trash. Some stains just don't come out.

Gaines at Grand Dolly's was so cute. Her little southern accent was coming out. They're so lucky to have family around that is willing to take the kids for them.
askeptichere
Gossiper
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 1711 times
Been thanked: 4675 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby Playsinrain » Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 am

I agree that the kids aren't going to be playing with lego's on a wall very much (maybe they will love it, stranger things have happened) that being said, i always thought that the lego wall was more for looks than for actual playing. I think they will get more use out of a chalkboard wall though, but a chalkboard wall and a lego wall both in brooks' room seems like overkill. Move the chalkboard wall into one of the playrooms (or both) and keep the lego wall in Brooks's room for decoration. Did they say they were planning on putting a chalkboard wall back in Gaines' room? She always liked drawing on it, so that seems fine.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8515 times
Been thanked: 33159 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby Playsinrain » Fri May 19, 2017 8:24 am

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So what do you all think of the blue in Brooks' room? I didn't like that curtain in the old house, and they brought it to the new one and painted the wall that blue. It's just my opinion-- they're welcome to do what they like, obviously.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hate it. The curtains, soon to be lego wall, wall color. All of it. Not my house though. I do really like his furniture, minus that hideous changing table. I have a feeling that once his crib is converted into a regular bed they will end up redoing his entire room "theme."

I love Gaines' room. The pink comforter with the pillows in different colors is adorable. Katie did a great job picking colors and decor that will grow with MG.


Do they still have that changing table that they said they hated when they got it assembled and put in his room? I didn't pay that much attention when they were showing all the room, i was at work watching and just listening to that part. I think they ordered one that had some colored drawers, but when they got it they were not happy with it at all. Im surprised if its the same one from the old house, i would have thought they would have tossed it and bought a new one. I didn't like that first changing table either..
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8515 times
Been thanked: 33159 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby askeptichere » Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am

Playsinrain wrote:I agree that the kids aren't going to be playing with lego's on a wall very much (maybe they will love it, stranger things have happened) that being said, i always thought that the lego wall was more for looks than for actual playing. I think they will get more use out of a chalkboard wall though, but a chalkboard wall and a lego wall both in brooks' room seems like overkill. Move the chalkboard wall into one of the playrooms (or both) and keep the lego wall in Brooks's room for decoration. Did they say they were planning on putting a chalkboard wall back in Gaines' room? She always liked drawing on it, so that seems fine.

They're making a magnetic chalkboard wall between the windows in Gaines' room. Cullen suggested doing a half lego wall with a strip of chalkboard in the corner of Brooks' room. I think doing it in the playroom makes more sense, too.
askeptichere
Gossiper
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 1711 times
Been thanked: 4675 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby askeptichere » Fri May 19, 2017 8:27 am

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So what do you all think of the blue in Brooks' room? I didn't like that curtain in the old house, and they brought it to the new one and painted the wall that blue. It's just my opinion-- they're welcome to do what they like, obviously.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hate it. The curtains, soon to be lego wall, wall color. All of it. Not my house though. I do really like his furniture, minus that hideous changing table. I have a feeling that once his crib is converted into a regular bed they will end up redoing his entire room "theme."

I love Gaines' room. The pink comforter with the pillows in different colors is adorable. Katie did a great job picking colors and decor that will grow with MG.


Do they still have that changing table that they said they hated when they got it assembled and put in his room? I didn't pay that much attention when they were showing all the room, i was at work watching and just listening to that part. I think they ordered one that had some colored drawers, but when they got it they were not happy with it at all. Im surprised if its the same one from the old house, i would have thought they would have tossed it and bought a new one. I didn't like that first changing table either..

Yes, the one with the fabric drawers. They were talking about where to put it in his new room. I would just get rid of it. At this age, it's pretty hard to change a mobile baby on a changing table. Once my kids were able to roll, all diaper changes happened on the floor because a changing table was not safe anymore, even though I kept my hands on them at all times.
askeptichere
Gossiper
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 1711 times
Been thanked: 4675 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby Playsinrain » Fri May 19, 2017 9:51 am

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Hate it. The curtains, soon to be lego wall, wall color. All of it. Not my house though. I do really like his furniture, minus that hideous changing table. I have a feeling that once his crib is converted into a regular bed they will end up redoing his entire room "theme."

I love Gaines' room. The pink comforter with the pillows in different colors is adorable. Katie did a great job picking colors and decor that will grow with MG.


Do they still have that changing table that they said they hated when they got it assembled and put in his room? I didn't pay that much attention when they were showing all the room, i was at work watching and just listening to that part. I think they ordered one that had some colored drawers, but when they got it they were not happy with it at all. Im surprised if its the same one from the old house, i would have thought they would have tossed it and bought a new one. I didn't like that first changing table either..

Yes, the one with the fabric drawers. They were talking about where to put it in his new room. I would just get rid of it. At this age, it's pretty hard to change a mobile baby on a changing table. Once my kids were able to roll, all diaper changes happened on the floor because a changing table was not safe anymore, even though I kept my hands on them at all times.


same... i never used a changing table at all actually! We used waterproof blanket/pads and put them on the couch or floor and changed them there. I had a nice little picnic basket type thing that we packed all the diaper changing stuff in and carried it to where ever we needed to change a diaper. We lived in a smaller house when mine were in diapers and changing tables seemed like a huge waste of space to me. They should lose that table all together and put in another dresser or a toy box or something else for storage.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8515 times
Been thanked: 33159 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby Playsinrain » Fri May 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Brooks' has the sweetest little profile, that kid is so adorable, idk what it is, and call me weird, but he has the cutest nose i have ever seen in my life.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8515 times
Been thanked: 33159 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby freshbalsam » Fri May 19, 2017 3:41 pm

They buy the cutest clothes for Gaines IMO.. like I kinda wanna go to h&m tomorrow and buy my daughter some of those dresses and that overall dress


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Informer
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:29 am
Has thanked: 1980 times
Been thanked: 1697 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby blondeusa » Fri May 19, 2017 4:27 pm

I always shop at H&M for my nieces, some of it is not my/her style but they def have cute pieces like the ones katie bought
blondeusa
Talker
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:57 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 725 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby CallieT » Fri May 19, 2017 4:32 pm

I thought Katie looked great today/recently, and I think maybe she's lost some weight too (not that that's the only reason she looks good, of course!). I think it's great that she's been getting into the fitbit.

I know people call Cullen and Katie lazy, but actually I think they've been doing great recently, better than I expected! It's not like there's boxes everywhere, and I'm impressed by how put together the kids rooms are, for example.
CallieT
Informer
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:25 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1769 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby boredmamaneedsdrama » Fri May 19, 2017 11:25 pm

freshbalsam wrote:They buy the cutest clothes for Gaines IMO.. like I kinda wanna go to h&m tomorrow and buy my daughter some of those dresses and that overall dress


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clothes they bought her on the vlogs were cute, but good God, the dress she was wearing at GrandDollys . Not a fan. Some of the southern smocked dresses are too much.
User avatar
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:57 pm
Has thanked: 679 times
Been thanked: 1212 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby 3BoysandaLilMiss » Fri May 19, 2017 11:40 pm

CallieT wrote:I know people call Cullen and Katie lazy, but actually I think they've been doing great recently, better than I expected! It's not like there's boxes everywhere, and I'm impressed by how put together the kids rooms are, for example.


I think this house feels like "Home" so they are wanting to finish it quickly where as the other house was just that a house

they have mentioned a few times that this new house just feel right.... like there home
3BoysandaLilMiss
Amateur
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:27 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby snarkygrl33 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:36 am

My thoughts:

I think Gaines' room looks great, especially with the pink bedding. That will be a great color scheme to "grow" with her. I noticed that Katie's room at Grandoc and GrAndolly's house was painted that same color, and she had some pretty curtains.

I also like Brooks room'. I think the blue goes great with his crib color. It's a shame that Grandolly spent all that money on that custom shade, and they can't even use it now. Oh well. I don't like the green rug thought. It looks out of place with the blue and grey even though it matches the trees outside. And that changing table looks really cheap and tacky. They should've gotten a changing table to match the crib and dresser.

I think their house is coming along great! I'm excited to see what they'll do with all the other rooms. Front living room area, next to dining room, upstairs playroom, I think there's also an upstairs sitting room in addition to playroom if I'm not mistaken. And they have a few more bedrooms to decorate.
snarkygrl33
Amateur
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby ja14 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:41 am

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:[quote="askeptichere"]
Hate it. The curtains, soon to be lego wall, wall color. All of it. Not my house though. I do really like his furniture, minus that hideous changing table. I have a feeling that once his crib is converted into a regular bed they will end up redoing his entire room "theme."

I love Gaines' room. The pink comforter with the pillows in different colors is adorable. Katie did a great job picking colors and decor that will grow with MG.


Do they still have that changing table that they said they hated when they got it assembled and put in his room? I didn't pay that much attention when they were showing all the room, i was at work watching and just listening to that part. I think they ordered one that had some colored drawers, but when they got it they were not happy with it at all. Im surprised if its the same one from the old house, i would have thought they would have tossed it and bought a new one. I didn't like that first changing table either..

Yes, the one with the fabric drawers. They were talking about where to put it in his new room. I would just get rid of it. At this age, it's pretty hard to change a mobile baby on a changing table. Once my kids were able to roll, all diaper changes happened on the floor because a changing table was not safe anymore, even though I kept my hands on them at all times.


same... i never used a changing table at all actually! We used waterproof blanket/pads and put them on the couch or floor and changed them there. I had a nice little picnic basket type thing that we packed all the diaper changing stuff in and carried it to where ever we needed to change a diaper. We lived in a smaller house when mine were in diapers and changing tables seemed like a huge waste of space to me. They should lose that table all together and put in another dresser or a toy box or something else for storage.[/quote]
My son is one, and we always use his changing table! When he is on it, he doesn't try to move or roll.... If I try to change him in the floor it's nearly impossible lol. We don't have an actual changing table though, we have a keekaroo changing pad on a dresser.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 506 times
Been thanked: 2094 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby lmmomSD » Sat May 20, 2017 10:26 am

So are they going to tell Gaines that Jackson's Mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly anymore? People are upset that E&J told Jackson and Calvin, but I am gobsmacked that Cullen, who's been through loss, told Gaines! Gotta get that reaction for the vlog!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11992
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 61840 times
Been thanked: 58729 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby askeptichere » Sat May 20, 2017 10:34 am

lmmomSD wrote:So are they going to tell Gaines that Jackson's Mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly anymore? People are upset that E&J told Jackson and Calvin, but I am gobsmacked that Cullen, who's been through loss, told Gaines! Gotta get that reaction for the vlog!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I doubt they'll bring it up again, and in the future, won't mention pregnancies to the kids, theirs or someone else's, until after the first trimester. As smart as Gaines is, I doubt she'll remember the next time she sees Ellie and Jared. I agree that it was pretty dumb to tell Gaines in the first place.
askeptichere
Gossiper
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 1711 times
Been thanked: 4675 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby askeptichere » Sat May 20, 2017 12:25 pm

I wonder what Grand Dolly and Grand Doc really think about the vlogging now that both of their daughters are doing it. I'm sure they're supportive of their choice to post on YouTube, and seem comfortable enough on camera. Hell, they even voluntarily vlog when they have Gaines. But I was just watching today's JK vlog, and Katie and Kelly took their mom out for lunch and for mani/pedis, and at times both of them had their cameras on Grand Dolly. If I was out on a special Mother's Day outing with my daughters, I'd be kind of annoyed, and possibly wonder if half of the reason we were out was for good footage. C&K haven't posted their vlog today, so it'll be interesting to see how much footage they include.
askeptichere
Gossiper
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 1711 times
Been thanked: 4675 times

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Postby Caisflame » Sat May 20, 2017 12:51 pm

I felt so bad for Gaines when Katie scolded her for throwing the ping pong paddle. I guess Katie wasn't paying attention, because it was clearly an accident. She didn't mean to throw it. It must be so confusing as a little child to get scolded like that when you accidentally did something. My heart broke hearing her sad cry. :(
User avatar
Caisflame
Gossiper
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2338 times

PreviousNext

Return to Cullen and Katie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement