• Advertisement

C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Postby Caisflame » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 am

It was definitely not obvious to someone who doesn't fly often. I haven't been in an airport in 9 years and have only flown twice in my lifetime. Not sure why you all have to be such assholes about it. Not everyone has the luxury of flying enough to see "real" pat downs in action. Jesus christ. It's not a big deal.
Caisflame
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby Caisflame » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:01 am

And who would subject their young child to be touched on their body by a random stranger? Nothing about this was obvious.
Caisflame
Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:23 am

Y'all are nuts. TSA isn't going to play fucking games like that. It was 100% real. TSA has a million more important thing to do other than appease someone for blog footage. The reaching here is completely ridiculous sometimes. :roll: they even get shit for stuff they have no control over. Come on.....
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:26 am

Caisflame wrote:And who would subject their young child to be touched on their body by a random stranger? Nothing about this was obvious.

They wouldn't. And TSA would laugh in their face if they asked them to do that for fun. TSA agents are there for fun and games. Cullen and Katie don't have that kind of control. I'm not sure who people think they are....
they also had checked all their bags, had to do two tests on Katie's pumped milk... they got flagged to be searched. It had nothing to do with vlog footage.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Lurker4Life » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:58 am

Caisflame wrote:It was definitely not obvious to someone who doesn't fly often. I haven't been in an airport in 9 years and have only flown twice in my lifetime. Not sure why you all have to be such assholes about it. Not everyone has the luxury of flying enough to see "real" pat downs in action. Jesus christ. It's not a big deal.

Woah, I didn't think anyone was really being an asshole before this. I was using obvious as in for me it was obvious, like I had no question what i thought about not that it should be obvious to ever man and his dog. I've flown three times in my life as well, and have never seen a pat down in person. Relax
Lurker4Life
Informer

Postby japaluvr » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

Woah, this conversation went out of hand. Honestly, it looked like the TSA's two pats to Gaines' side looks playful to me as well. I don't know how thorough TSA are supposed to pat down toddlers or children, but two pats on the side didn't seem thorough to me to warrant a pat down and the lady was smiling which led to me believe it was for fun. Again, I don't know the protocol for patting children down but it seemed playful to me for 2 seconds it took. The other things were not staged such as bags getting checked, the breast milk, etc.

Honestly, we won't know what was real or not but we all perceive what we saw in vlogs differently and discuss it here because it's called a discussion board.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
japaluvr
Talker

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 am

Just Bc she was smiling doesn't mean she wasn't doing her job! think it's super crazy that people really think TSA agents are going to stop what they are doing and do some staged pat down for for a video. They had already said they were holding up the line Bc they were checking them so throughly. The pat down was in line with everything else they were doing with them. Ive never personally witnessed a pat down either, but even without seeing one I can pretty confidently say TSA isn't going to play games like that.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby ferriswheel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 am

We should just be glad the vlog wasn't titled "TSA TODDLER PAT DOWN" or something. There are people out there that would use their children to try to transport whatever through the airport. I doubt a busy place like LAX is going to take the time to entertain vloggers for a video clip.

P.S I know Gaines should be considered a preschooler, I'm just using vlogger thinking.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ferriswheel
Gossiper

Postby japaluvr » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am

Ok, ok, ok. We were only stating what it looked like to us, it's not a big deal. :|
☆彡
japaluvr
Talker

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Gaines is a toddler, she's not even 3 yet.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:07 pm

If she can't go through the scanner, she would have to be patted down. It doesn't matter that she's a preschooler. And no, TSA agents don't stop and pat down preschoolers for vlog footage. Yes, they can smile and be nice to you. But they're definitely all business.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Too late to edit, but I meant to say, she would have been patted down because they were flagged for more checks, which can happen randomly.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby fossilfinger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 pm

It appears obvious on the surface that little kids would have nothing to hide, but that is why people sometimes try to smuggle things in under their kids' clothes or diapers. Because it's more difficult to suspect an innocent child. TSA was probably briefly patting down Gaines just to check for anything obvious sticking out of her clothes. That wouldn't take a lot of patting down to determine.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby Acbsktbll » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Playsinrain wrote:Y'all are nuts. TSA isn't going to play fucking games like that. It was 100% real. TSA has a million more important thing to do other than appease someone for blog footage. The reaching here is completely ridiculous sometimes. :roll: they even get shit for stuff they have no control over. Come on.....

lmmomSD wrote:Too late to edit, but I meant to say, she would have been patted down because they were flagged for more checks, which can happen randomly.

THANK YOU BOTH! My DD has gotten a check almost every time we've flown with the first actual pat down at 13 months (since she could walk through on her own). It happens people!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Acbsktbll
True Gossiper

Postby Liz_444 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Silentbob wrote:There is definitely guilt going on there, And you are right it's because they have not prioritize their time. Time with her first child will never be like the second child. But it really irked me a few blogs back, maybe a month ago, when Collin was saying they can't spend at the same time with Brooks on educational things because of Gained . That is BS. Never blame your adult child because of your parenting choices. They have more than one opportunity a week to spend doing things with Him alone and refuse to. I think this is where my perspective comes in and I personally see Katie now putting Brooks on a pedestal (like Ellie does Calvin) because he's about to turn one, she's comparing him to Gaines and feels guilt.

I've seen many clips (one just a day ago) where Katie took Brook upstairs to spend quality time with him. She has read to him, played ball, and I think this past clip they were doing puzzles.
Liz_444
Amateur

Postby JVK19 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm

I have to add my tsa experience recently....we were at Phoenix sky harbor airport and my 7 month old son was picked at random for a pat down. I laughed and said "are you serious?" And yes they were very serious! It was a woman who said he was chosen and since I have a son, a male agent had to be called over. I held my son under his armpits while they patted him down. I still can't believe they did that! Anyways I guess my point here is that Gaines getting checked was definitely real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JVK19
Amateur

Postby boredmamaneedsdrama » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:15 am

For anyone that hasn't seen it.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Talker

Postby Shorty02 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 am

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Image

I totally believe it was a real pat down, but after seeing it again I'm shocked they did it. It would have been pretty difficult for them to hide something under what she was wearing.

Shorty02
Talker

Postby japaluvr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:55 am

Guess you learn something new every day ;)
☆彡
japaluvr
Talker

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 am

The agent smiling and being nice about it doesn't discount that it was real. I would hope that if my toddler got picked for a pat down that the agent would be as friendly and fun with it as she could possibly be. Keeps the small child from losing their mind that some stranger is messing with them. There was also a cut before the agent was finished with the pat down, so saying it was just a couple of pats on her sides and she was done isn't exactly correct. That's all we saw, but the agent was not finished with her when the camera cuts off. It's a crazy ass world we live in now that babies and toddlers get flagged for security checks, but people are insane and will use kids as mules. I'm glad they do it!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby askeptichere » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:21 am

Today's vlog was a bunch of little clips to fill around the LG sponsorship. Have to admit the 3 Cullens clip was pretty cool. They're busy prepping for Brooks' birthday, so it's understandable they didn't have much to include. I love party prep, so I would have loved Katie talking about what they have planned so far.
askeptichere
Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:06 am

The 3 Cullen's thing was cool. I always enjoy when Cullen puts extra effort into editing. Even if it was a super short vlog of not much content. Days like that don't bother me though, sometimes there isn't much going on that is vlog worthy...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Baconsgirl » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:13 pm

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Image

I'm just glad she was happy and not scared.

Baconsgirl
Informer

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:22 pm

I failed to mention it yesterday but Gaines looked so dang cute with that little messy bun yesterday!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby PhoenixFeathers » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Playsinrain wrote:I failed to mention it yesterday but Gaines looked so dang cute with that little messy bun yesterday!!
Same! I wish I looked half as cute with a messy bun.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
PhoenixFeathers
Talker

PreviousNext

Return to Cullen and Katie