• Advertisement

C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 am

Just watched Gaines 12 month update because it came up on the recommended after Brooks 12 month update. It's amazing how completely different they are. Gaines at that age was around the same level as my 20 month old.

https://youtu.be/pBbg1Q5AxQM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Extreme Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:47 am

Just curious-- what did you mean by how different they are? What do you think has changed?
Not disagreeing. Honestly interested in what you think is different about them. I am fascinated by the way vloggers change. I know I have said it before, but it seems to me that they start out vlogging their lives, and then the vlogs _become_ their lives. They start trying to find what gets more views and do more of that, and stop being authentic. So, what do you think has changed about them?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby CallieT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:52 am

I thought maybe she meant how different Gaines vs Brooks are?
CallieT
Informer

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:56 am

CallieT wrote:I thought maybe she meant how different Gaines vs Brooks are?
Maybe. Maybe I totally misunderstood.
Why did Cullen have to go there with the "balls in my face" comment? You just know he was all excited about making that joke and worked hard to set it up.
Brooks is running them ragged, and I just have to chuckle because they were so smug about how easy Gaines was, and how people who said parenting was hard didn't know what they were talking about. And if your kid is out of control in the restaurant, just take him outside and take turns walking around with him. Jeez. Don't just sit there at the table and complain.
I could go all day without the super close-up of their faces.

Last edited by lmmomSD on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:00 am

lmmomSD wrote:Just curious-- what did you mean by how different they are? What do you think has changed?
Not disagreeing. Honestly interested in what you think is different about them. I am fascinated by the way vloggers change. I know I have said it before, but it seems to me that they start out vlogging their lives, and then the vlogs _become_ their lives. They start trying to find what gets more views and do more of that, and stop being authentic. So, what do you think has changed about them?

I meant Gaines vs Brooks. Brooks is so rambunctious and not much of a talker yet. Gaines is the total opposite. She would just sit where they placed her and little chatter box. I love both of them but have a soft spot for Brooks because he reminds me of my youngest. Bad temper and rambunctious but also sweet and full of personality.

I do believe they have changed because their vlogs annoy me most of the time where I used to smile the entire time I watched. I don't even watch them daily anymore.

MommaLindsey2
Extreme Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:03 am

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Just curious-- what did you mean by how different they are? What do you think has changed?

I meant Gaines vs Brooks. Brooks is so rambunctious and not much of a talker yet. Gaines is the total opposite. She would just sit where they placed her and little chatter box. I love both of them but have a soft spot for Brooks because he reminds me of my youngest. Bad temper and rambunctious but also sweet and full of personality.

I do believe they have changed because their vlogs annoy me most of the time where I used to smile the entire time I watched. I don't even watch them daily anymore.

Okay, thanks! Sorry for completely misunderstanding you.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 am

One more comment-- Gaines' backpack looked fine to me. She likes it, it's monogrammed, and it's not like she's in a college prep course and needs a huge backpack for a bunch of books and a laptop. "It's a little bit dirty and you need a bigger one". She's in preschool. She doesn't need a huge one, and it wasn't filthy that I could see. Wipe off the dirt and let her use it! Why spend money on a new one? They can't even donate the old one.
That's one thing about all these monogrammed clothes. They can't hand them down or donate them.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Strawberry26 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:47 am

What could this mean??!!?? [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170812/566c7052238e71b3ae22bc8dee9ecdac.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Informer

Postby kates_crush » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:17 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Why did Cullen have to go there with the "balls in my face" comment? You just know he was all excited about making that joke and worked hard to set it up.
Brooks is running them ragged, and I just have to chuckle because they were so smug about how easy Gaines was, and how people who said parenting was hard didn't know what they were talking about. And if your kid is out of control in the restaurant, just take him outside and take turns walking around with him. Jeez. Don't just sit there at the table and complain.

I highly doubt taking him outside and walking around would do anything, he would just whine to be let down. Honestly, I think Brooks is just the type of baby where you can't really do much.
kates_crush
Amateur

Postby CallieT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:18 am

It sounds like they had a pregnancy scare, maybe they were just trying to build drama by saying that but maybe that's what was going on those few days with the strange short vlogs?
CallieT
Informer

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 am

kates_crush wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I highly doubt taking him outside and walking around would do anything, he would just whine to be let down. Honestly, I think Brooks is just the type of baby where you can't really do much.

I think so too, my son is just like that nothing makes him happy he's just a cranky little guy who always wants his way. Gaines was an easy kid who was happy just being carried everywhere.

MommaLindsey2
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Baconsgirl » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 am

lmmomSD wrote:One more comment-- Gaines' backpack looked fine to me. She likes it, it's monogrammed, and it's not like she's in a college prep course and needs a huge backpack for a bunch of books and a laptop. "It's a little bit dirty and you need a bigger one". She's in preschool. She doesn't need a huge one, and it wasn't filthy that I could see. Wipe off the dirt and let her use it! Why spend money on a new one? They can't even donate the old one.
That's one thing about all these monogrammed clothes. They can't hand them down or donate them.

it's not good enough because it's not overly expensive. On the other side I got a new backpack every year too.

Baconsgirl
Informer

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:51 am

I just have to giggle after watching today's vlog at Katie's complaints. They really were spoiled with Gaines being such an angel at this age. Brooks acts like a typical 1 year old. Congratulations! Both my boys acted like that in restaurants. Toddlers don't like being confined that long with nothing to do.

MommaLindsey2
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Spivy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:16 pm

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

I could not agree more. I feel like if and when I do watch their vlogs I am cringing all the way through. I started watching them in 2013 and they were the highlight of my day! So relatable, cheery and real! Now I feel like these videos aren't even vlogs anymore. You may get a minute or two of them actually talking to the camera and the rest of the time they are shoving the camera in the little's faces or it's a music montage of them playing. This is not vlogging. It has so lost its appeal for me. It makes me sad. I used to love them!!! Okay. Rant over.

Spivy

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 pm

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I just have to giggle after watching today's vlog at Katie's complaints. They really were spoiled with Gaines being such an angel at this age. Brooks acts like a typical 1 year old. Congratulations! Both my boys acted like that in restaurants. Toddlers don't like being confined that long with nothing to do.

I was chuckling too. Sometimes you just can't go out to dinner with a baby that age. So you get your food to go, and call it a night. It's not forever. They grow up so fast, and then you can have plenty of meals out. I didn't get a Mother's Day brunch one year because my son was in a mood. We figured it would be easier just to stay home and have a Mother's Day there, than deal with a fussy toddler in a restaurant. It's funny how they have that amber necklace on him all the time now. He's not _always_ teething! Gaines was so easy and they were so smug about it, and now they're getting some comeuppance. Cullen was especially frustrated. Katie seemed to be taking it more in stride.
We used to take turns taking my son outside when he was fussy when we wanted to go out. We could usually find something to interest him. Certainly more entertaining than trying to sit at a table. That's why I suggested it. But just sitting at the table and complaining about how fussy he is, isn't too constructive.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Deadhead_kay » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:57 pm

On the back pack thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember it becoming a rule not too long ago that kids had to have full sized back packs. Yes even preschoolers though their tiny bodies looked ridiculous carrying these oversized bags. It could be the case here, might not be.

Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:04 pm

Deadhead_kay wrote:On the back pack thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember it becoming a rule not too long ago that kids had to have full sized back packs. Yes even preschoolers though their tiny bodies looked ridiculous carrying these oversized bags. It could be the case here, might not be.

Wow, that's crazy! Someone Gaines' size with a full sized backpack would look so wrong! What an odd rule.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Deadhead_kay wrote:On the back pack thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember it becoming a rule not too long ago that kids had to have full sized back packs. Yes even preschoolers though their tiny bodies looked ridiculous carrying these oversized bags. It could be the case here, might not be.

Gaines isn't a preschooler yet though, she is two. She is in a mothers morning out program at their church.

MommaLindsey2
Extreme Gossiper

Postby marshmallowfluf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

I guess it depends on the school. My sons pre-k class needed to have full size backpacks because they actually had binders to go in them to bring home papers, homework etc. A binder doesn't fit in the little backpacks lol. Also Gaines will be 3 soon. I haven't watched in a while but has she gone back to "school" yet?
marshmallowfluf
Gossiper

Postby Strawberry26 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:25 am

marshmallowfluf wrote:I guess it depends on the school. My sons pre-k class needed to have full size backpacks because they actually had binders to go in them to bring home papers, homework etc. A binder doesn't fit in the little backpacks lol. Also Gaines will be 3 soon. I haven't watched in a while but has she gone back to "school" yet?
She's not gone back yet. Maybe they are just getting things ready.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Informer

Postby beautynoob » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm

I know I'm behind but I couldn't believe they had that huge mess with the balls . Surely it's not been that way since the party?!?

beautynoob
Talker

Postby beautynoob » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 am

I know I'm behind but I couldn't believe they had that huge mess with the balls . Surely it's not been that way since the party?!?

beautynoob
Talker

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:43 am

beautynoob wrote:I know I'm behind but I couldn't believe they had that huge mess with the balls . Surely it's not been that way since the party?!?

They have been letting the kids play in there during the day. Plus they have been out of town quite a bit since the party. I think they have cleaned it up several times since the party, but with the kids playing in there it makes a mess.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:45 am

Random but i saw another little boy named Brooks this weekend. He was about 8 -10 and was at Barnes & Noble, his mom called his name and he was beside me. I thought HUH! He's only the 2nd kid ive ever heard with that name! :lol:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby whatthepho » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:51 am

beautynoob wrote:I know I'm behind but I couldn't believe they had that huge mess with the balls . Surely it's not been that way since the party?!?

I remember in one of the cleaning montages, Cullen was putting all the balls in a cardboard box. Maybe they take them out every so often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
whatthepho
Amateur

PreviousNext

Return to Cullen and Katie