Cullen and Katie: Blame the Mailman Part 7

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Blame the Mailman Part 7

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Maybe i'm just not paying that much attention but i haven't really gotten the click bait vibe from them recently. Yeah the eye emergency was a bit dramatic but it wasn't that bad. But, i also don't pay that much attention to their titles/thumbnails bc i'm going to watch the video no matter the title... they aren't as bad as slyfox.. man.. my daughter subbed to them and even she has stopped watching bc of the click bait. (she's also seen the light with the bumps as well. She never watches them anymore bc she thinks they are "show offs and only care about money" *from the mouths of babes* Bratayley and C&K are the only daily's she watches anymore)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Send Noods... lmaoooo... i love it.

I love the laundry part of the vlog... I'm laughing so hard. how funny is it that the whole recall is basically their fight in a nutshell. :lol: :lol:

(Was anyone else terrified of the reindeer on the carousel? Holy cow those things looked tortured..lol)
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Playsinrain wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:Houses sell so much faster when the owners move out and stage it. They're going to have a hard time selling with all that stuff in the house. Buyers aren't going to be able to imagine the space and it looks cluttered and small now. It's interesting to me that they only bought this house four years ago and they're already looking to move. The rule of thumb is that it's a good idea to plan to be in a house for at least 7 years in order to not lose money, due to all the costs associated with getting into and getting out of a mortgage.
Do you think they even have a mortgage on this house? Maybe that's why they are ok with moving so soon. I think the game plan from the start when they bought this house was 4-5 years tops. Always made me assume they paid cash.
I believe they discussed the mortgage application process a bit in the video where they closed on the house. It didn't sound like they paid for it outright. They definitely got a good deal on the house due the fact that it was bank owned, but I don't think they had that kind of cash lying around, nor is it necessarily a good idea to pay for a house in cash even if you can afford to, especially with how low interest rates were four years ago. I think her parents probably gave them the down payment and helped with closing costs, and maybe that makes it easier to move now. I misspoke before, it's only 2.5 baths, not 4.
hking224
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hking224 »

I think their house has 3.5 bathrooms. 2 full baths upstairs, one full bath in the basement, and a half bath on the main level.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

hking224 wrote:I think their house has 3.5 bathrooms. 2 full baths upstairs, one full bath in the basement, and a half bath on the main level.
Ah, I think you're right, that makes sense. I forget they have a basement, they don't seem to utilize that space.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:Maybe i'm just not paying that much attention but i haven't really gotten the click bait vibe from them recently. Yeah the eye emergency was a bit dramatic but it wasn't that bad. But, i also don't pay that much attention to their titles/thumbnails bc i'm going to watch the video no matter the title... they aren't as bad as slyfox.. man.. my daughter subbed to them and even she has stopped watching bc of the click bait. (she's also seen the light with the bumps as well. She never watches them anymore bc she thinks they are "show offs and only care about money" *from the mouths of babes* Bratayley and C&K are the only daily's she watches anymore)
God, I wish she would talk to my daughter! She's seen the light about the Lumps but still gets mad at me when I slam SlyFox. They make me twitch with their fake "do something nice for someone today", clickbait, and Caspian's man bun.
I don't think they're too bad with the clickbait. Like I said, I have seen so many "Is she Pregnant?" type titles from other vloggers, that I know that "she" never is. So I just assumed she wasn't. And y'all know I'm one of the first to jump on them if they do use clickbait.
Whoever made the comment about the tween obsession with vloggers was right. Some of those kids are really creepy. Bratayley especially has some weird fans "Like if you miss Caleb". And all the "I have bronchitis, can I get a like?" Or "my grandma died. Can I get a like?" , and people using vlogger's pictures as their avatars and obsessively defending them against even constructive criticism-- where the HELL are their parents? It's just weird. I mean, my daughter likes some of these vloggers a lot, but she recognizes that they have flaws, and doesn't flip out of I say something negative. She might roll her eyes at me, but for instance I got called a "shriveled up cunt" by a Shaytards fan, for just saying that they could do more to help Gavin lose weight. I didn't say anything mean about him, and I was responding to another comment, so I didn't start it. These kids have issues.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

Maybe its because of other videos I see on YouTube but I haven't found their vlogs to be that clickbaity lately.

One thing that I'm curious about though, their views seem to be bouncing a little all over the place. I'm curious if anyone had any theories why, None of the ones with more views (to me) seemed more baity than others. I wonder if its to do with youtube or just a coincidence.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:Whoever made the comment about the tween obsession with vloggers was right. Some of those kids are really creepy. Bratayley especially has some weird fans "Like if you miss Caleb". And all the "I have bronchitis, can I get a like?" Or "my grandma died. Can I get a like?" , and people using vlogger's pictures as their avatars and obsessively defending them against even constructive criticism-- where the HELL are their parents? It's just weird. I mean, my daughter likes some of these vloggers a lot, but she recognizes that they have flaws, and doesn't flip out of I say something negative. She might roll her eyes at me, but for instance I got called a "shriveled up c*nt" by a Shaytards fan, for just saying that they could do more to help Gavin lose weight. I didn't say anything mean about him, and I was responding to another comment, so I didn't start it. These kids have issues.
I made the comment about the tween obsession and to elaborate, I think I may have just cracked the tween obsession code, lol. Basically, has anyone heard of the Flying Monkey Syndrome in narcissism? A lot of folk have speculated the majority of vloggers are narcissist's or at the very least have narc tendencies. Heck, you'd have to possess some of the traits imo, to want to film yourself and your boring ass life, upload it to the internet for total strangers to see and in return get $$$ and ass licking comments from said strangers.

Anyhoo, this is a statement from http://pro.psychcentral.com/recovery-ex ... g-monkeys/#. It even calls them minions, lol:
To add insult to injury, narcissists in their lives have their own personal minions, appropriately labeled as “flying monkeys,” who side with them and join their “team”
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Houses sell so much faster when the owners move out and stage it. They're going to have a hard time selling with all that stuff in the house. Buyers aren't going to be able to imagine the space and it looks cluttered and small now. It's interesting to me that they only bought this house four years ago and they're already looking to move. The rule of thumb is that it's a good idea to plan to be in a house for at least 7 years in order to not lose money, due to all the costs associated with getting into and getting out of a mortgage.
I think they have a nice home, great neighborhood and more than a starter home. The master bedroom is a nice size with tray ceilings, large master bath and laundry room upstairs. The basement I think is finished too. If a realtor comes through their home, I believe they will suggest painting all of the walls a neutral color and carpets cleaned. The colors they chose I never got, but it is really personal preference and the dark tomato red, teal or blue, and green are not great colors to sale a home. I am not crazy about tile in the kitchen, but my guess it isn't worth replacing if they are moving. I like how they moved the TV above the fireplace... another nice feature. The couch is large, but if you got the toys and other stuff out of there it might be ok since it looks like a fairly good couch. I am not crazy how they've arrange the office with two desk (one desk being better with space or I've seen two desk facing each other look good) facing the wall and my thoughts the color is not good.

For a family of four, this is a decent size house, not one kid needs to share a room and a good functioning house plan for a two story home. I am not sure why they would want to move and my thoughts are others have moved into beautiful new homes and this could be the motivation. Moving into bigger space doesn't necessarily solve your space problems either, just more space to put your stuff.

Four years ago housing prices were still down so I am guessing they could come out at least even or with a bit of equity and we don't know how they financed it. Interest rates are creeping up a bit, but far from historical highs.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Maybe i'm just not paying that much attention but i haven't really gotten the click bait vibe from them recently. Yeah the eye emergency was a bit dramatic but it wasn't that bad. But, i also don't pay that much attention to their titles/thumbnails bc i'm going to watch the video no matter the title... they aren't as bad as slyfox.. man.. my daughter subbed to them and even she has stopped watching bc of the click bait. (she's also seen the light with the bumps as well. She never watches them anymore bc she thinks they are "show offs and only care about money" *from the mouths of babes* Bratayley and C&K are the only daily's she watches anymore)
God, I wish she would talk to my daughter! She's seen the light about the Lumps but still gets mad at me when I slam SlyFox. They make me twitch with their fake "do something nice for someone today", clickbait, and Caspian's man bun.
I don't think they're too bad with the clickbait. Like I said, I have seen so many "Is she Pregnant?" type titles from other vloggers, that I know that "she" never is. So I just assumed she wasn't. And y'all know I'm one of the first to jump on them if they do use clickbait.
Whoever made the comment about the tween obsession with vloggers was right. Some of those kids are really creepy. Bratayley especially has some weird fans "Like if you miss Caleb". And all the "I have bronchitis, can I get a like?" Or "my grandma died. Can I get a like?" , and people using vlogger's pictures as their avatars and obsessively defending them against even constructive criticism-- where the HELL are their parents? It's just weird. I mean, my daughter likes some of these vloggers a lot, but she recognizes that they have flaws, and doesn't flip out of I say something negative. She might roll her eyes at me, but for instance I got called a "shriveled up c*nt" by a Shaytards fan, for just saying that they could do more to help Gavin lose weight. I didn't say anything mean about him, and I was responding to another comment, so I didn't start it. These kids have issues.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I can count on one hand how many Slyfox vlogs i have ever watched. They are just so bad with the click bait. I can only fall for it so many times. E&J annoy me with the NEW HOUSE in every title, and i have said something before about the weird titles cullen was using, the whole 3 different ones, and adding Cullen and Katie Vlogs to each one. I think the reason the whole pregnancy test thing with C&K this time didn't bother me too much bc it seemed like they were legit concerned she might be! lol
My daughter and i share a YT account so i can see everything she watches and does there. Thank god shes NEVER commented on a vlog. So we have never even had to have the whole, don't be a weirdo in the comments conversation. I would nip that crap in the bud so fast. LOL The minions are loyal to a fault and trying to reason with 9-12 year olds can be like herding cats most times. I hate weeding through all those "like this for whatever strange reason" comments looking for something of substance in any vlog. One reason i couldnt vlog? I would run off all my clueless child subscribers bc i don't know if i could sit back and just watch half the mindless crap i see on there. :lol:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Another weird title today.. its OTT
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

tratra58 wrote:
I think they have a nice home, great neighborhood and more than a starter home. The master bedroom is a nice size with tray ceilings, large master bath and laundry room upstairs. The basement I think is finished too. If a realtor comes through their home, I believe they will suggest painting all of the walls a neutral color and carpets cleaned. The colors they chose I never got, but it is really personal preference and the dark tomato red, teal or blue, and green are not great colors to sale a home. I am not crazy about tile in the kitchen, but my guess it isn't worth replacing if they are moving. I like how they moved the TV above the fireplace... another nice feature. The couch is large, but if you got the toys and other stuff out of there it might be ok since it looks like a fairly good couch. I am not crazy how they've arrange the office with two desk (one desk being better with space or I've seen two desk facing each other look good) facing the wall and my thoughts the color is not good.

For a family of four, this is a decent size house, not one kid needs to share a room and a good functioning house plan for a two story home. I am not sure why they would want to move and my thoughts are others have moved into beautiful new homes and this could be the motivation. Moving into bigger space doesn't necessarily solve your space problems either, just more space to put your stuff.

Four years ago housing prices were still down so I am guessing they could come out at least even or with a bit of equity and we don't know how they financed it. Interest rates are creeping up a bit, but far from historical highs.
I agree that it isn't a starter home. I don't think it's a home that's great for people with small children. The main reason I say that is that it looks like the master bath is the only upstairs bathroom. That will be a problem as the kids grow. No one really wants their kids coming into their bedroom to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and it's dangerous to have small kids going up and down stairs in the middle of the night. I'm a little surprised that they haven't put some effort into upgrading their master bath. It wouldn't take much money to switch out a few things. It looks like your standard 90's bathroom.

Their choice of paint colors also date the house. I assume they will paint before they put the place on the market. It will make such a big difference. There's an older couple on YouTube who had a new house built this year, but their paint colors and decor make the place look 25 years old. Much like C&K's house, it looks cluttered and unorganized.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

I agree that it isn't a starter home. I don't think it's a home that's great for people with small children. The main reason I say that is that it looks like the master bath is the only upstairs bathroom. That will be a problem as the kids grow. No one really wants their kids coming into their bedroom to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and it's dangerous to have small kids going up and down stairs in the middle of the night. I'm a little surprised that they haven't put some effort into upgrading their master bath. It wouldn't take much money to switch out a few things. It looks like your standard 90's bathroom.

Their choice of paint colors also date the house. I assume they will paint before they put the place on the market. It will make such a big difference. There's an older couple on YouTube who had a new house built this year, but their paint colors and decor make the place look 25 years old. Much like C&K's house, it looks cluttered and unorganized.
I thought there was another bathroom upstairs?? Like if you are at the top of the stairs one of the doors to the left is a bathroom i think.. for some reason i think they showed that when they were first potty training MG..
Also they said a few vlogs back that the master bath was next on the list for upgrades. They talked about the gold fixtures and how they didn't like them and were planning on changing them soon. :)
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:Another weird title today.. its OTT
The Skittles Rainbow Magic? Why?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
It's not the actual title that bothers me, its relevant.. its the whole SKITTLES RAINBOW MAGIC TRICK!!! ELF ON THE SHELF PRANK!!! SENDING YOU A CHRISTMAS CARD??? Why 3 titles? They did this a few weeks back and i thought it was weird then too. I'm sure it has to do with gaining views, but its just weird and OTT to me.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
It's not the actual title that bothers me, its relevant.. its the whole SKITTLES RAINBOW MAGIC TRICK!!! ELF ON THE SHELF PRANK!!! SENDING YOU A CHRISTMAS CARD??? Why 3 titles? They did this a few weeks back and i thought it was weird then too. I'm sure it has to do with gaining views, but its just weird and OTT to me.
Ohh ok. I agree and think most of their titles etc...is to gain views. I don't know if it works.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I agree, I'm not sure why they would move from a four bedroom, 2,350 sq/ft house in a good school district after only four years. I think it has something to do with wanting a more updated, move-in ready home. Maybe they can afford a much bigger mortgage now. Maybe they're looking for a dedicated office/filming studio now that they work from home.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I don't think the house they live in is cohesive for their family. It is an awkwardly laid out house with lots of wasted space. I can't even imagine dealing with the nightmare of a deck and backyard being 2 different elevations. I don't blame them at all for wanting a better layout for the family.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I absolutely believe most vloggers have some narc tendencies. The whole idea that random strangers are going to want to watch your "story" and "Hi-- we're at Target/Starbucks/Publix today!" and basically worship at your feet when you basically have no talent to speak of, has to come from a narcissistic leaning. And the people who say they vlog "for the memories" are lying to us, and probably themselves. You can film your kids all you want and save the footage-- that's for the memories. But editing it, coming up with a clickbait title, and monetizing it, takes it completely out of the realm of memories.
Back to Cullen and Katie in particular-- he was kinda snippy about sponsored vlogs today. "Not sponsored! Y'all, not everything is sponsored!" Someone feeling tense?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmmomSD on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”