theJKtoday

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: theJKtoday

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The first video was cringeworthy but I like them. Jay is super funny and I want a house tour. I think it will be interesting.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ladymama »

They are definitely super awkward at this point, but that will change as time goes on!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

They're a cute family but l really see Jay as being the only one "entertaining" enough to keep viewers long term. He probably works quite a bit. I guess it depends on how much Kelly wants to force her kids to change their habbits. My 3 are exactly the same ages as theirs and the way her big 2 kind of stare blankly at the camera and don't do much, is exactly how l think most "older" kids would act. I hate to say it but bigger kids often are not performers as much. I think they are more self concious at their ages. I also think at that age your thinking "all my friends at school are gonna see this." Time will tell. I have noticed in Cullen and Katie ' s videos their oldest Madelyne doesn't seem to smile or warm up when Katie and Cullen have tried to pull her in to their footage. Which is totally her right as a preteen. I hate to say it but it's gonna fall flat if their kids don't seem to like vlogging. I am not even sure that's a bad thing... l would hate as a Mom to coach my kids on how to "act" in a vlog. It would feel wrong as a parent.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

jaynshann wrote:They're a cute family but l really see Jay as being the only one "entertaining" enough to keep viewers long term. He probably works quite a bit. I guess it depends on how much Kelly wants to force her kids to change their habbits. My 3 are exactly the same ages as theirs and the way her big 2 kind of stare blankly at the camera and don't do much, is exactly how l think most "older" kids would act. I hate to say it but bigger kids often are not performers as much. I think they are more self concious at their ages. I also think at that age your thinking "all my friends at school are gonna see this." Time will tell. I have noticed in Cullen and Katie ' s videos their oldest Madelyne doesn't seem to smile or warm up when Katie and Cullen have tried to pull her in to their footage. Which is totally her right as a preteen. I hate to say it but it's gonna fall flat if their kids don't seem to like vlogging. I am not even sure that's a bad thing... l would hate as a Mom to coach my kids on how to "act" in a vlog. It would feel wrong as a parent.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I wondered if they asked the older two how they felt about vlogging. I've always thought they were awkward in C&K's vlogs. The oldest one is at the age I would fear most for a vlogging family. I guess she can decide how much she participates in the videos.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

ladymama wrote:They are definitely super awkward at this point, but that will change as time goes on!

It seem a bit uncomfortable for them in their new roles. Katie now has an at ease on camera you don't see with Kelly. Does Kelly work outside the home? I see Jay perhaps starting the vlogs since he always seem comfortable on C&K vlogs and added to them with his humor.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I didn't realize that Emily had such a bad speech delay, I thought she was just super shy from Cullen & Katie's vlogs. I could barely understand anything she said in any of their videos. She is adorable though, a very pretty little girl.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I didn't realize that Emily had such a bad speech delay, I thought she was just super shy from Cullen & Katie's vlogs. I could barely understand anything she said in any of their videos. She is adorable though, a very pretty little girl.
I thought the same, she is surprisingly hard to understand. I'm sure she gets speech therapy though, especially because she's in school.

I think she looks so much like MG! (Or MG looks like her.) Give MG bigger hair and she'd look identical to Emily.

mblant99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mblant99 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I didn't realize that Emily had such a bad speech delay, I thought she was just super shy from Cullen & Katie's vlogs. I could barely understand anything she said in any of their videos. She is adorable though, a very pretty little girl.
I noticed that yesterday too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Is anyone else thinking what an un catchy name they've given their channel? I mean, it's short enough but just not one that's easy to remember if you don't wanna subscribe but still want to watch occasionally.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I agree, it's a weird name. They picked "today" because it rhymes, but it has no real substance or significance behind it.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:The first video was cringeworthy but I like them. Jay is super funny and I want a house tour. I think it will be interesting.
I think they are getting a bit more comfortable on camera. They are putting a good deal of effort into their vlogs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

I liked their Q&A. While it's obvious they only have Cullen's editing style to go off of, it worked for this video (not so much for their vlogs). I thought the kiss thing with Careless Whisper was funny.

No more kids...so they won't have a pregnancy for views, but it is refreshing to see an already established couple doing well outside of youtube. They don't have to do it for a living or to make ends meet. They're not making it their FT job. That changes things up from most other vloggers I know of.

I really like Madelyne. She seems so sweet. Love her little vlogging moments.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

I really love them ( even when they are awkward with the camera) and I hope they can stay real.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I think Jay and Kelley, sp?, are a pretty dynamic couple with what appears to be a real life of privilege. Those three kids are extremely lucky to get to grow up in such a bubble. My question didn't get answered, so I did some checking. Having just turned 40, he appears to have succeeded in his own practice established several years ago. I'd be interested to know just how much money he invests on a yearly basis in ventures unrelated to practising law. Is he invested in real estate or in any smaller companies that may compliment his interests. He seems to be specialing in DUI's and criminal defense work? He does seem to be the type of attorney who loves to go to court and is likely quite popular in the circuits. I happen to think Kelley is wise to keep him close and involved in the vlogs. I swear I can just hear his voice booming down when need be! Lol
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Did they not put up a vlog today yet?
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I kind of like them, I can't really put my finger on why but they are refreshing. I love their house, can't wait to see a house tour.
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

I hope they keeo Snuggles! If they brought her(?) inside, she wouldn't haven ruined Jay's jeep top as much hahaha
vegan_ninja
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by vegan_ninja »

Random I know, but Emily's little voice in the vlog today, combined with them making gingerbread houses, totally brought back some childhood memories.

Emily sounds just like I did at her age. We were living in Kentucky and I had developed a southern accent. I also had a speech impediment where my Cs sounded like Ts. So "car" would come out "tar", except with my southern drawl it sounded more like "tower". I went to a few speech classes once I hit kindergarten and it cleared up. I'm 37 now and the southern accent only rarely shows up, usually if I'm really agitated or talking very quickly. :)
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I like them, I really do but Kelly's baby voice is annoying af. She talks to her 9 year old and older daughter like they are 1 year old. Other than that I do like them alot. I wish they would let the poor cat live inside.
mblant99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mblant99 »

The glitter beard cracked me up! I did like how their Christmas wasn't over the top extravagant even though they do have money.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”