Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Gaines's face when she turned the corner got to me. It makes me so happy to see little ones excited on christmas.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Wow, Cullen sure put some time into this great Christmas Vlog. I enjoyed seeing the southern charm which included music, food, really good soups (I like this idea), family, friends and seeing both seeing Katie's mom and sister's home.

I just wonder how you can do this all in 24 hours with two young children with part of the family not feeling the best. All these children are very lucky to have such good families who worked hard to make their Christmas special.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I havent watched the Christmas Vlog yet, but i just wanted to say that I'm really going to miss MG and Beth the Elf. She had really started to catch on this last week and the one where she was in the bathroom with the toothpaste.. MG just made me <3 so much.. She was soo cute!! and Then her seeing Beth back on the curtains... her reaction was just the sweetest thing. She really is the sweetest little girl..
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I really enjoyed the Christmas vlog too. Lots of warm fuzzy feelings. I'm a sucker for holiday traditions and especially liked their twangy southern-accented Christmas carols, as they remind me of my own warm childhood memories. I also liked that they didn't go overboard with a million gifts under the tree. I mean, overall, they got a good amount of gifts, as their family isn't poor and are all Christmas enthusiasts. But it wasn't a huge vulgar display like we are seeing from the other YouTube families who have never had money before and are now buying literally everything.

Cullen's filming and editing, particularly of the long Christmas vlog, sort of make you feel like you are experiencing things along with their family, as opposed to DB and especially the Griffiths (to varying degrees), who are occasionally amusing but very clannish and are putting on a show they believe is impressive rather than inviting you in. Does that make sense at all?

ETA: I have said before that I don't believe vloggers who say they're filming for the memories. But C&K will cherish this one in the future.
MaudeLebowski
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MaudeLebowski »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I really enjoyed the Christmas vlog too. Lots of warm fuzzy feelings. I'm a sucker for holiday traditions and especially liked their twangy southern-accented Christmas carols, as they remind me of my own warm childhood memories. I also liked that they didn't go overboard with a million gifts under the tree. I mean, overall, they got a good amount of gifts, as their family isn't poor and are all Christmas enthusiasts. But it wasn't a huge vulgar display like we are seeing from the other YouTube families who have never had money before and are now buying literally everything.

Cullen's filming and editing, particularly of the long Christmas vlog, sort of make you feel like you are experiencing things along with their family, as opposed to DB and especially the Griffiths (to varying degrees), who are occasionally amusing but very clannish and are putting on a show they believe is impressive rather than inviting you in. Does that make sense at all?

ETA: I have said before that I don't believe vloggers who say they're filming for the memories. But C&K will cherish this one in the future.
I've thought this a lot recently while watching the various vloggers - thank you for putting it into words.

I can't watch DB on the reg anymore. It's like they are making those moments happen for the vlog - crafting them, setting the scene, grooming Ollie to say something, placing the camera just right, aaaand *action*... As opposed to C&K, who vlog moments that are already happening - we aren't just viewers - they're taking us along for the ride with them as guests and experiencing life as they are. If that joke or could-be-an-awesome-vlog-moment doesn't pan out - so be it. We don't get to see that stuff with DB. That's why I've stopped watching them daily like I used to. I've been subscribed to DB since back when they were living illegally in the garage. But it's just become a carefully-crafted Internet TV show. No thank you. C&K keep is relatively-real, from what I can tell. They keep in those not-so-perfect moments. I love that. It's a vlog of their life. Because life is not always going to be a carefully-wrapped present with a pretty bow on it. You can also tell how much DB's disingenuousness is rubbing off on Ollie. I wonder if that's why C&K have somewhat distanced themselves from DB. I wouldn't want my children to see me around people like that, either.

An aside -- I've been skimming along with various threads but haven't commented in a long-while... Y'all C&K's home, albeit lived-in, is far from disgusting like some have said in the past. You don't know disgusting and you're very fortunate not to know it. Get some perspective. No, their home isn't organized. But it's not gross.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The Christmas vlog has me all warm and fuzzy... such sweet memories.. and Poor MG. she was such a trooper.
Her little single sock,so stinking cute. Reminds me so much of my daughter as a toddler, she ALWAYS had on only one sock. I'm so sappy, that almost made me tear up lol
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Correct me here does Cullen have two or three sisters ? I thought only two and was confused because I thought the other (not Annie). Was in jail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

I hope Cullen will get a lot of views for his Christmas Vlog. The amount of time he went into this is noted and the part where he delivers toys to his house as Santa is very good. I kinda think he doesn't get the recognition he deserves compared to his "friend" channel...bottom line, I just think Cullen is more creative.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Sweet456 wrote:Correct me here does Cullen have two or three sisters ? I thought only two and was confused because I thought the other (not Annie). Was in jail?

He has three, his dad had a daughter before he was married to GrandBerry.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Sweet456 wrote:Correct me here does Cullen have two or three sisters ? I thought only two and was confused because I thought the other (not Annie). Was in jail?

He has three sisters. Rachel is his oldest sister. GrandBerry isn't her mother. I believe Brittany is the youngest and Annie is in the middle. Brittany is the one in prison.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Lovethesnark wrote:

He has three sisters. Rachel is his oldest sister. GrandBerry isn't her mother. I believe Brittany is the youngest and Annie is in the middle. Brittany is the one in prison.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the prison/jail thing was all speculation.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

tratra58 wrote:I hope Cullen will get a lot of views for his Christmas Vlog. The amount of time he went into this is noted and the part where he delivers toys to his house as Santa is very good. I kinda think he doesn't get the recognition he deserves compared to his "friend" channel...bottom line, I just think Cullen is more creative.

He is definitely more creative, no contest. I think a lot if his creativity was nurtured by Grand Berry. I just love that woman! She is multi-facetted, warm, adventuress, she laughs freely, tells amazing stories, knows songs from the 1940's,and just comes across as so down to earth and loving. She's a natural educator. If you remember, it was when Grand Berry was talking to Gaines, encouraging her, that Gaines started cooing and took off talking as a baby. Both Cullen and Katie were blessed with great parents. But Grand Berry is my very favorite of all the youtube grandmas.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

workfromhomemom wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:

I don't think C&K have ever outright said it, but people found her records online or at least some Brittany with the same last name.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I loved the Christmas vlog for all the reasons stated and hope they keep their new format for next year. Annie's dog Mazzie looked so cute with her tongue out like that. She had me cracking up! I've seen her before and her tongue didn't look quite like that, though it came out some. Can any dog lovers tell me what kind of dog is she and what would make her tongue do that? She is such a sweetheart.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

WhatSheSaid wrote:I loved the Christmas vlog for all the reasons stated and hope they keep their new format for next year. Annie's dog Mazzie looked so cute with her tongue out like that. She had me cracking up! I've seen her before and her tongue didn't look quite like that, though it came out some. Can any dog lovers tell me what kind of dog is she and what would make her tongue do that? She is such a sweetheart.
She is an american bulldog and the tongue could be several things. She could have too big of a tongue for her mouth or she could be missing some teeth. When dogs are missing teeth their tongue tends to hang out because the teeth aren't holding it in. My little shih tzu is missing all her front teeth and her tongue hangs out all the time.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

workfromhomemom wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:

No, it's true. It's all public record. She's an inmate at Julia Tutwiler Prison. She'll be released in October.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

I wonder if she'll be introduced on the vlog at that point or how that will be handled?
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I imagine they'll claim she back from being "out of state". That was the explanation they gave for her not being around. She's been in the vlogs before. The last time we saw her, she was target balling with Cullen. They've gained over 400,000 subscribers since then, so I imagine there will be tons of questions about where she's been. She wasn't around when Cullen's dad died and Brooks will be a over a year old when she gets out. They haven't held a memorial for Cullen's dad. I'm guessing they're waiting until she can attend.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

ferriswheel wrote:

He has three, his dad had a daughter before he was married to GrandBerry.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
I didn't know his dad was married before GB!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I doubt they will address why his sister was "missing" for this amount of time, and i support that decision. Thats HER story to tell, not Cullen or Katie's. It's really not our business (i dont mean that snarkly, just honestly) and if she doesnt want Cullen to talk about it then saying she was out of state is plenty information. It would be different if Cullen or Katie went missing from the vlogs for a year plus, then they would owe us an explanation (or not.. we tend to forget that it's their right to keep whatever they want private) but with it being his sister, and this being a pretty tough thing to have to deal with, i feel like i would respect them more if they don't bring it up. Like i said, that's her life and just bc her brother has chosen YT as income doesnt mean they need to air her dirty laundry.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”