Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:I'm probably one of the nitpickers. But I generally own up to it when I do. And they're not perfect, and just because they're better parents and seem like nicer people than the Lumps and E&J, they have still chosen to exploit their children for easy money, and as far as I'm concerned, they're fair game. If they wanted to "just live their life", they wouldn't be uploading it and trying to get more subscribers. I try to add something positive when I comment on them, and everyone knows Cullen gets on my nerves, so I don't feel the need to constantly rag on him because everyone knows, lol. I was honestly asking a question about BLW, and also said that I am looking forward to seeing however Katie does it because it wasn't a thing when my kids were little, and we all know Missy did it very haphazardly.
Bottom line is, everyone has their own opinions. There are people here who think Cullen is a hottie. We're here to express opinions. Not facts. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I am interested to hear other opinions because there are people on this forum from all over the world, and I find it really interesting how culture skews how we see things. I don't try to tell people their opinion is wrong, and I would rather people not tell me mine is. For instance, other people think it's NBD that Gaines walked in on Cullen on the toilet and he was OK with it. I find their reasons interesting. I mentioned it because I thought it was weird, and to discuss it. I am not going to tell the people who think differently that they're wrong.
Sorry for the long rant. It just seems that because these two are so likable, anytime someone says anything negative, it's shot down or called nitpicking. It's an opinion. On a discussion board. Like Coffee Talk on SNL. Discuss.
Well said.

Did anyone notice in the last couple of vlogs, Gaines's personality is starting to come to the fore. It looks like she's going to be quite a strong willed, spirited child. They've had it easy with her so far but a couple of scenes recently I thought: I wonder how they're going to deal with/parent her through any potential terrible two's situ's.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Everyone thinks that they're perfect parents, but that's really just due to Katie's education. If you or your significant other had a masters in child psychology then you could be perfect parents too. It just goes to show the advantages that having money and being of a higher social class has on children.

Take away the kids and the "perfect" parenting (even though they frequently exploit their children's privacy for money rather than getting a real job) and you're left with two incredibly lazy, immature, lying, and disrespectful adults.

Lazy for their mess and clutter, immature for everything Cullen does, lying for their detox scam, and disrespectful for Cullen's filming of drunk people and jumping on matresses at stores. Just because I knew someone would ask.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

When Cullen told the story about Gaines reading Southern Living, it didn't even click in my head that it included her walking in on him on the toilet. I thought he was doing something else in there, shaving or whatever. Maybe I was distracted, IDK. Or didn't -want- to hear that she walks in on him pottying, lol.

We're very private bathroom-users in my home. That was the tone set by my parents when I was a child, and it's how we chose to be in raising my stepgirl too. I knew a few girls growing up who did walk in on their dads in the bathroom or bedroom and thought it wasn't a big deal or anything unusual at all.

I kind of eyeroll a little too when C&K go on about why their house is cluttered or they are "so busy." I like them, but think they should just own it, like acknowledge that they aren't housecleaning enthusiasts and tend to procrastinate or otherwise manage their time poorly. It's fine. A lot of people are this way and I don't think it makes them in any way inferior. The only part of the situation that I judge is their perceived need to explain themselves. Personally if I made my living filming vlogs in my home every day while raising small children, I would just hire someone to clean. It's not important to me to impress people with my cleaning skills anymore. That wasn't always the case, but was a consequence of becoming disabled as an adult and getting frustrated with the vast difference between my own expectations and what I was physically able to accomplish. C&K are obviously still able-bodied, but I feel like they would find peace in accepting their own shortcomings and making alternate arrangements. It matters that they are warm, caring parents to Gaines and Brooks... It does not matter that they personally sweep the floor or mow the lawn. But to say they haven't done this or that because they are "busy" is a little ridiculous.

Re: the storage unit - I think they expect to put most of those things in their future home. It will probably be bigger. They specifically mentioned that they were storing the other couch because they might need it in their next house. I would expect another full living area, an actual dedicated playroom, etc.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Not saying that they aren't going to hawaii with B&M, bc they very well may be. but i just wanted to say that Katie saying she bought Gaines a bathing suit the other day isn't really a good indicator. Katie has said in the past couple years that she will buy swimsuits and summer clothes for the kids the second the stores put them out, if she finds something she really likes. Only bc she know that by the time they really need them, they will already be picked over and 9 times out of 10 the cute swimsuit she saw months ago will be gone. Not saying that means that i think they aren't going, bc i wouldn't doubt it, but i do remember her saying that about the baby clothes, so it could just be something like that going on.
I would actually be a little surprised if they go. They are neck deep in decluttering the house and in home repairs/remodeling.. They just don't seem to be gearing up for a big trip.. I really hope they don't go, at least not with the Lumps and E&J. I would love to see vlogs from C&K in Hawaii, but not with all those fools around them!
mblant99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mblant99 »

Does anyone know when their Costa Rica trip is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

i was wondering about that myself, they havent brought it up at all.. ^ I'm actually wondering if they will take the trip at all. I think they should if they can, but i figure this would be like an adults only trip and Brooks is no where near being ready to wean yet. I wonder if they have a time limit to take it.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Would someone mind filling me in on their "detox scam"? I've seen it mentioned here a few times but I'm not aware of the details.

I've seen their before and after photos, so what was the lie/scam?

Thanks!

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Would someone mind filling me in on their "detox scam"? I've seen it mentioned here a few times but I'm not aware of the details.

I've seen their before and after photos, so what was the lie/scam?

Thanks!

After Cullen's dad died, they made a video about how they wanted to healthy and change their lives. They did some crying and went on about how his Dad's death had been an eye opener. They'd decided they would get healthy by using the magical Arbonne products that would make you less fat and could make you more fertile. These products are really expensive and no different from any of other crap weight loss program. They wanted their viewers to join them on their weight loss journey by purchasing the products from their "friend". As an incentive for buying products from their "friend", their subscribers would get special access to them through a Facebook group. They said they weren't sponsored by Arbonne and they wouldn't profit from their subscribers buying the products. It turns that was a lie. They were Arbonne consultants. The "friend" was running their account for them. They were profiting directly from the sales. They plugged these products for an entire month in the vlogs. Once the detox was over and the checks had been collected, they quickly returned to eating crap.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Is there proof that it was their account and not the friends?

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

jbrooke1915 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I'm sorry. I think one of the "rules" ought to be that you poop alone, and that you don't walk in on people in the bathroom.
I get what you're saying about knowing what's what, but she can see that with Brooks. She can help change diapers if she needs an anatomy lesson. I was especially surprised because Katie is supposed to be this proper southern girl, and manners are important. Speaking of manners, another thing that seems to have gone by the wayside along with not interrupting/putting her hand on Cullen or Katie's arm, is the "sir" and "ma'am" they were encouraging for a while. Did they give up on that too?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Ugh yes I agree with absolutely everything you said

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk
In the past week or so he said to Gaines. Yes Sir, and she repeated it. I've heard Katie's nieces and nephew say it as well. The ma'am and sir is done all the time in the south. I sometimes even say it to my dogs.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:Is there proof that it was their account and not the friends?

They claimed they'd said they were consultants all along when they were asked about it. If you go back and watch the original video, they never mention it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Are there any vloggers at this point who haven't scammed? Not a defence, just saying I don't see it coming up as a concern as often with E&J (sick aunt tshirt scam) or Missy's essential oil one. Those aren't any different IMO.

FWIW I think they were dishonest, but I don't think it started out as a scam. They signed up through the friend, so any sales they make benefit that friend also. It's a blatant mislead, but not exactly acting like money is going to charity or anything. That's worse IMO and a better use of the word scam. I think C&K honestly thought they were starting a new lifestyle. I just don't think they planned to flake from the start.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:Are there any vloggers at this point who haven't scammed? Not a defence, just saying I don't see it coming up as a concern as often with E&J (sick aunt tshirt scam) or Missy's essential oil one. Those aren't any different IMO.

FWIW I think they were dishonest, but I don't think it started out as a scam. They signed up through the friend, so any sales they make benefit that friend also. It's a blatant mislead, but not exactly acting like money is going to charity or anything. That's worse IMO and a better use of the word scam. I think C&K honestly thought they were starting a new lifestyle. I just don't think they planned to flake from the start.
I think it also might be more talked about on the C&K thread because overall, I think we like to view them as more honest, trustworthy and "real". It's more shocking coming from C&K, while it's almost expected to come from E+J or DB. And, I think C&K are more likely to be defended for the same reason.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Imo the CK scam was the worst because the detox products were incredibly expensive compared to t shirts or phone cases, and because from the very beginning they'd been saying they made no money from it but were lying the entire time. Plus their vlogs during the detox were all just 10 minute advertisements about how good they felt and how easy it was.

Detox itself is a scam fad. The only way to loose weight is to eat less and move more--all this shit about detoxing, flushing your system, etc is nothing more than a money grab.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Are there any vloggers at this point who haven't scammed? Not a defence, just saying I don't see it coming up as a concern as often with E&J (sick aunt tshirt scam) or Missy's essential oil one. Those aren't any different IMO.

There was no need to pretend that they weren't making any money at all. I'm sure just as many people who have purchased that crap. It just makes them liars for no good reason and ruins their reputation. I don't believe they had any intentions of staying on the plan long term. Cullen mentioned in the first video how it was only 28 days about a million times. He had an end date in mind from the start. That's not the mindset of someone making a lifestyle change. It was nothing more than easy money that they didn't have to share with Youtube or their network.
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

Wonder where the vlog is...silent on social media too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

crew96 wrote:Wonder where the vlog is...silent on social media too

Really? Wow, that _is_ odd.

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

lmmomSD wrote:
crew96 wrote:Wonder where the vlog is...silent on social media too

Really? Wow, that _is_ odd.

It's extremely odd. I hope nothing bad happened, but I'm also interested to hear thier reasoning for radio silence.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

Katie just posted on IG story 11 mins ago about using social media more. No word on vlog. Cullen didn't post anything on IG about it, but he's been on Snapchat according to Katie. I don't have the Snapchat app and don't wish to download it. Maybe someone who has it can look at his Snapchat to see if he's said why no vlog.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

No JKtoday vlog either.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”