Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Someone help me on this, because I thought I heard Cullen say he was going to the bathroom, and Gaines came in and started reading a magazine. It was at the end when they were talking about how well she was playing with herself. Umm, walking in on daddy on the toilet isn't playing well by yourself! Someone please tell me I heard wrong. I had to roll my eyes at him talking about how their house wasn't organized because of having to work when they first moved in FIVE years ago. They've both been at home for at least two years. Another "we're so busy" complaint from a vlogger.
And Katie was talking about how Brooks is going to be six months, so he can start eating real food. I missed the BLW with Gaines, so I am looking forward to seeing how differently she does it vs how Missy did it with Finn. But aren't things like being able to sit up well and have good head control more important than being six months old? It just surprised me that she was so focused on his age, rather than those milestones.
Gaines was so cute running around yelling "yay!", and being so happy about her big girl bed. And Brooks trying to roll the ball was precious too. I love watching him now. You can see the wheels turning, and it's going to be so cool when he and Gaines can _both_ talk!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by angelfire89 »

lmmomSD wrote: And Katie was talking about how Brooks is going to be six months, so he can start eating real food. I missed the BLW with Gaines, so I am looking forward to seeing how differently she does it vs how Missy did it with Finn. But aren't things like being able to sit up well and have good head control more important than being six months old? It just surprised me that she was so focused on his age, rather than those milestones.
She has mentioned a few times that even though he's about to the same age, he will have to wait till he can sit up on his own better. I think they're just excited that he's getting close. I think they need to be giving him more chance to practice head control. Seems he's usually flat on the floor, in the swing or propped up in the bouncer (which I'm not sure he should be in without the head control.)
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I believe babies don't have to be sitting up on their own yet with baby led weaning. My son started blw at 6 months but couldn't quite sit on his own until 7 months. (He also started crawling though at 6 months)They should just be able to sit well, supported in the high chair. Gaines wasn't sitting either at 6 months was she? Brooks at this age isn't going to be eating much anyways probably just playing with it and mashing it in his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Gaines could sit up at 6 months.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yep. I went back and checked, and at about 12:25, he says "I was going potty and she walked in, shut the door, and started reading Southern Living". I thought maybe he was joking, but he asked Gaines if she remembered, and said she picked up a bunch of magazines. That's weird.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

[quote="lmmomSD"]Yep. I went back and checked, and at about 12:25, he says "I was going potty and she walked in, shut the door, and started reading Southern Living". I thought maybe he was joking, but he asked Gaines if she remembered, and said she picked up a bunch of magazines. That's weird.

Sent from my XT1080 using

What happen to bathroom privacy. I think it is weird too.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tratra58 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Yep. I went back and checked, and at about 12:25, he says "I was going potty and she walked in, shut the door, and started reading Southern Living". I thought maybe he was joking, but he asked Gaines if she remembered, and said she picked up a bunch of magazines. That's weird.

Sent from my XT1080 using

What happen to bathroom privacy. I think it is weird too.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Especially when it's daddy and not mommy she walked in on. Of course my kids walked in on me a few times, but I certainly never thought it was a good thing! I always told them to get out, and to knock the next time! It was a running joke between me and some of my girlfriends that we'd get a glass of wine and lock ourselves in the bathroom and call each other, because that was the only way we had privacy! But she especially should not be walking in on Cullen!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That is very odd to me as well. My dad always locked the bathroom door because he had two daughters. Seeing my mom using the bathroom wasn't a big deal but with a dad that's kind of crossing the line.

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

I think what they were TRYING to get at was Gaines liking to sit down and read by herself, which she did in the bathroom story, she just walked into the bathroom while Cullen was in there to get them, which is somewhat weird. Definitely not something that my family did, but I know families who have daughters older than Gaines who shower with Dad, to each thier own I guess, just not for me haha.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

My daughter has seen her dad pee, poop and shower haha. Shower because she has had to potty while he's in there and it's a see-through curtain, and pee and poop because she suffered from separation anxiety. Regardless, there's nothing wrong with a very young child seeing her dad naked assuming it's done appropriately. Like it shouldn't be a modelling session and obviously hands off, but I believe naked bodies shouldn't be such a taboo topic for kids under 5. Its important for them to know what's what and what the "rules" are.

As for BLW, YES he should be sitting unassisted and have better head control. I was surprised hearing her imply they would be starting at 6 months, given fairly recently I could swear I heard her acknowledge that he might not be ready by 6 months

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm sorry. I think one of the "rules" ought to be that you poop alone, and that you don't walk in on people in the bathroom.
I get what you're saying about knowing what's what, but she can see that with Brooks. She can help change diapers if she needs an anatomy lesson. I was especially surprised because Katie is supposed to be this proper southern girl, and manners are important. Speaking of manners, another thing that seems to have gone by the wayside along with not interrupting/putting her hand on Cullen or Katie's arm, is the "sir" and "ma'am" they were encouraging for a while. Did they give up on that too?

kw_11
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kw_11 »

Nothing from anything mentioned above, but something I realized while reading through old CK threads:

It seems like people nitpick at every little thing these people do because there really isn't much to nitpick about. Sure their house is cluttered and Cullen is a man child, but at least they don't act like they live some prim and proper life and Cullen isn't the suit and tie dad that's standoffish with diaper changes because he's afraid of a little poop. Sometimes I do get annoyed as he uses Gaines as a prop, but for the most part, he's just a funny southern guy living his life. He knows when to be serious and we have seen that side of Cullen a lot, especially with the way he edits. He really loves his girls and his son and it's so clear. Whew, that wasn't even the sole focus of this post. It just seems like the same things are repeated over and over again in this forum because Cullen and Katie don't have the big, obvious every day issues like the lumps do. People just gotta find something to nitpick about and it just makes me so mad. They do have their faults and I've had moments where I've cringed, but geez Louise let them live.

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

I tend to agree. And honestly I think their little imperfections make me more inclined to watch. I don't want to see some unattainably perfect family. My house is also cluttered and I also feel like I just can't find the time (when in truth I probably could). They are real, and I love that about them.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

This is a gossip site though. So people have the right to nitpick if they want.

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Maybe he was home alone with Gaines, and that's why he left the door unlocked. In case she got scared or something...
I doubt Cullen was just there fully exposed while she read a magazine.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

They choose to broadcast their lives. People will talk about them. They aren't special snowflakes. If doesn't matter if they aren't as bad as the next person who vlogs. I think the discussion of them here is mostly positive and when it isn't, I don't think what's said is unfair or unwarranted. I think people go pretty easy on them here. Personally, I think some of the things they've done are far worse than anything B&M have done, but C&K are much more likable so they don't draw the same criticism. Can you imagine how quickly people would label Finley delayed if couldn't sit up at 6 months? And somehow it would be his parent's fault.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:They choose to broadcast their lives. People will talk about them. They aren't special snowflakes. If doesn't matter if they aren't as bad as the next person who vlogs. I think the discussion of them here is mostly positive and when it isn't, I don't think what's said is unfair or unwarranted. I think people go pretty easy on them here. Personally, I think some of the things they've done are far worse than anything B&M have done, but C&K are much more likable so they don't draw the same criticism. Can you imagine how quickly people would label Finley delayed if couldn't sit up at 6 months? And somehow it would be his parent's fault.
Finn was practically walking at 6 months. Poor brooks can barely hold his head up at 6 months.

Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with Gaines walking in on Cullen. At this age she won't properly understand the differences between males and females (if she saw anything like that) and at her age I've found with other kids it can get confusing if they are allowed to do one thing with one parent (Katie said that Gaines had watched her "go potty") and not the other. Obviously I'm not saying Cullen should walk around naked but I presume maybe they don't lock the door as it is all family and Gaines might rush in needing to go? I also don't think at her age bathroom privacy is important to teach, maybe when she is a little older but at the moment she still seems to rush to the bathroom, and if the door for some reason were to be shut (i.e keep the dogs out, when Brooks is more mobile) you don't want her getting confused if someone is in there or not.
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

lmmomSD wrote:Someone help me on this, because I thought I heard Cullen say he was going to the bathroom, and Gaines came in and started reading a magazine. It was at the end when they were talking about how well she was playing with herself. Umm, walking in on daddy on the toilet isn't playing well by yourself! Someone please tell me I heard wrong. I had to roll my eyes at him talking about how their house wasn't organized because of having to work when they first moved in FIVE years ago. They've both been at home for at least two years. Another "we're so busy" complaint from a vlogger.
And Katie was talking about how Brooks is going to be six months, so he can start eating real food. I missed the BLW with Gaines, so I am looking forward to seeing how differently she does it vs how Missy did it with Finn. But aren't things like being able to sit up well and have good head control more important than being six months old? It just surprised me that she was so focused on his age, rather than those milestones.
Gaines was so cute running around yelling "yay!", and being so happy about her big girl bed. And Brooks trying to roll the ball was precious too. I love watching him now. You can see the wheels turning, and it's going to be so cool when he and Gaines can _both_ talk!

I was thinking about how cute it will be when Brooks is a bit older and can interact 'properly' with Gaines. I guess though even though they stopped work 2 years ago, they had/were pregnant with Gaines soon so it wouldn't have been convenient to properly fix the house (and if its taking a whole move for them to declutter it sounds like a big job!). Hopefully when they move to this house they do it properly like they say otherwise there is definitely no excuses.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm probably one of the nitpickers. But I generally own up to it when I do. And they're not perfect, and just because they're better parents and seem like nicer people than the Lumps and E&J, they have still chosen to exploit their children for easy money, and as far as I'm concerned, they're fair game. If they wanted to "just live their life", they wouldn't be uploading it and trying to get more subscribers. I try to add something positive when I comment on them, and everyone knows Cullen gets on my nerves, so I don't feel the need to constantly rag on him because everyone knows, lol. I was honestly asking a question about BLW, and also said that I am looking forward to seeing however Katie does it because it wasn't a thing when my kids were little, and we all know Missy did it very haphazardly.
Bottom line is, everyone has their own opinions. There are people here who think Cullen is a hottie. We're here to express opinions. Not facts. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I am interested to hear other opinions because there are people on this forum from all over the world, and I find it really interesting how culture skews how we see things. I don't try to tell people their opinion is wrong, and I would rather people not tell me mine is. For instance, other people think it's NBD that Gaines walked in on Cullen on the toilet and he was OK with it. I find their reasons interesting. I mentioned it because I thought it was weird, and to discuss it. I am not going to tell the people who think differently that they're wrong.
Sorry for the long rant. It just seems that because these two are so likable, anytime someone says anything negative, it's shot down or called nitpicking. It's an opinion. On a discussion board. Like Coffee Talk on SNL. Discuss.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”