Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

katlinsmith04209
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by katlinsmith04209 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:So if you go back all the way to the beginning of their channel you'll see several videos of their old dog, a female named Gainer.

Am I alone in thinking that naming your kid after your old dog is weird as hell?
That is not what they named her after. Gainer is a type of dive you do. Cullen used to be a diver/instructor and that's what the dog was named after. And Gaines is a family name and that's what Gaines is named after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:This is totally nitpicking but why didn't she iron her kids Easter clothes?? They would be cute if they didn't look like the just rolled out of bed!

Actually, I am pretty sure that their outfits are linen. They look beautiful freshly ironed but once they are on a person, they start wrinkling when a person sits down or even moves. I noticed right after Gaines was dressed, Cullen picked her up, which wrinkled the dress. That is one reason that I won't buy anything that is linen...well, that and it is not a cheap material.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Katie needs to take that yellow, green, and red striped long shirt and throw it in the garbage. It does nothing for her.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

katlinsmith04209 wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:So if you go back all the way to the beginning of their channel you'll see several videos of their old dog, a female named Gainer.

Am I alone in thinking that naming your kid after your old dog is weird as hell?
That is not what they named her after. Gainer is a type of dive you do. Cullen used to be a diver/instructor and that's what the dog was named after. And Gaines is a family name and that's what Gaines is named after.

I know they didn't actually name her after the dog, but it's still very weird that they used basically the same name for their kid and their dog...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
katlinsmith04209 wrote:

I know they didn't actually name her after the dog, but it's still very weird that they used basically the same name for their kid and their dog...
I'm used to it now, but I have always thought Gaines was an unfortunate name. She's going to spend her whole life explaining it, and if she ever gets chunky, it's really going to be hurtful.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

lmmomSD wrote:e]I know they didn't actually name her after the dog, but it's still very weird that they used basically the same name for their kid and their dog...
I'm used to it now, but I have always thought Gaines was an unfortunate name. She's going to spend her whole life explaining it, and if she ever gets chunky, it's really going to be hurtful.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I had thought Gaines was a southern name? I agree these are names that could hold future problems when they get older. Do you think in school she'll go by Macey?
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

i wish someone would give katie a mommy makeover, like kandee johnson does.

some new hair, new makeup, new clothes. girl would come up a million bucks.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ok-- all that crap for Easter? And running out at 10 at night because Gaines changed her mind about what she wanted? If these two got this much, I am dreading the Easter extravaganza of the Lumps.
I could have gone all day without seeing Cullen in that bunny outfit.
Agree that the dress was too long on Gaines. Did they not bring something for Brooks to change into?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

The kids looked so cute. That little outfit on Brooks with the knee socks was the cutest thing EVER.. omg i love it!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

lmmomSD wrote:Ok-- all that crap for Easter? And running out at 10 at night because Gaines changed her mind about what she wanted? If these two got this much, I am dreading the Easter extravaganza of the Lumps.
Agree that the dress was too long on Gaines. Did they not bring something for Brooks to change into?
Wow, when did Easter become Christmas with all those toys. Those kids have too many toys as it is and they are young. What happen to just a basket and maybe a coloring book with some crayons?

When Katie says to Cullen it is inappropriate in today's vlog...it really is. I think this is why I am having a hard time with Cullen lately is he is no longer a kid and acts like one. I absolutely agree with the Cullen comment with the bunny outfit.

I do like the vlogs with them doing a voice over and not expecting people to talk all the time. I was disappointed there wasn't more drone footage of Katie's parents house. It is a beautiful home and my favorite. I like their neighbor's home too.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:Ok-- all that crap for Easter? And running out at 10 at night because Gaines changed her mind about what she wanted? If these two got this much, I am dreading the Easter extravaganza of the Lumps.
I was thinking the lumps would go crazy with the Easter baskets but they really didn't. E&j and C&k got the most stuff. I have to say Gaines is a cute little girl but I absolutely hate the way they dress her. I'm southern, but middle class not upper class like they are so im not used to that stuff.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I was expecting something over the top from the way y'all were talking, I thought they did well. Not overboard at all.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I take back the comment about something for Brooks to change into. I hadn't seen the end of the vlog yet. But I don't get why they took all those Easter pictures with the other kids all dressed up and him in just a diaper.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:I take back the comment about something for Brooks to change into. I hadn't seen the end of the vlog yet. But I don't get why they took all those Easter pictures with the other kids all dressed up and him in just a diaper.

They never explained what happened but he was even in only a diaper while they hunted eggs. I always have a backup outfit in my car even for my 3 year old so I'm nit sure what happened.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

tratra58 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:e]I know they didn't actually name her after the dog, but it's still very weird that they used basically the same name for their kid and their dog...

I had thought Gaines was a southern name? I agree these are names that could hold future problems when they get older. Do you think in school she'll go by Macey?
When I first heard Gaines and Brooks together, I thought surely Gaines was named after Chris Gaines (Garth Brooks's alter ego). Guess it was just a fortunate conicidence it's also a family name?
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Please Cullen don't turn into Bryan. The onesie and clickbait title today reminded me a bit much of Bryan.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

actuallydear wrote:i wish someone would give katie a mommy makeover, like kandee johnson does.

some new hair, new makeup, new clothes. girl would come up a million bucks.
I think something as simple as a new bra would make a world of difference for her. Katie almost always has a uniboob. Lift and separate. I realize she's still nursing and she's gained quite a bit of weight since giving birth to Brooks. A proper fitting bra would make her clothes look better. It looks like she's wearing those genie bras. Maybe it's easier to nurse in those, but she needs support. A little support would help define her waist and she'd look thinner.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I really like her hair darker too. In Gaines' gender reveal, she has dark blonde hair with pretty caramel highlights. It's so much better than that bleached blonde she's got going on now. And maybe some layers. She does pick good lip color though. She hasn't succumbed to the dark lipstick trend like Ellie and Carlie Butler. She really is pretty, and the top she wore for Easter was really flattering, I thought.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:I really like her hair darker too. In Gaines' gender reveal, she has dark blonde hair with pretty caramel highlights. It's so much better than that bleached blonde she's got going on now. And maybe some layers. She does pick good lip color though. She hasn't succumbed to the dark lipstick trend like Ellie and Carlie Butler. She really is pretty, and the top she wore for Easter was really flattering, I thought.

If anyone knows where that top is from I would love to know, i have some leggings that i've been looking for that dusty blue color to match up with, i thought it was really pretty and flattering too.
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

She looks like she is still wearing maternity clothes.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”