Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Totally OT, but I was watching some old vlogs, and noticed that Katie used to have SO many of the same mannerisms that Kelly has. Like, they used to talk in exactly the same way. Katie doesn't talk like that anymore though. I wonder if she received criticism that made her change or if she saw footage of herself that she didn't like that made her change or what? Has anyone noticed this at any point?
Yes, very much so. Even down to the nasally voice that seems to have softened in Katie but holy moly Kelly sure makes up for the two of them still. :?

Did anyone get the impression Katie seemed off at the restaurant on date night? Maybe she was just tired or perhaps she hadn't wanted Cullen to pull out the camera which would be totally understandable.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

On the Gaines is potty trained scenario, she's not potty trained at night which I find surprising because I'm sure Katie kind of led us to believe she was. No big deal given Gaines's age of course I just recall (iirc) that I thought Katie had gotten both day and night done around the same time or shortly after. She even put a potty in her bedroom at the old house for night time and she was definitely dry during nap time. I guess she may have regressed during the move which is quite normal.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by storeynyx »

sataninwonderland wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:On another topic, and I guess this is why I don't vlog. If I was out for what was supposed to be a romantic 10th anniversary dinner, and the kids were being watched, and my mom had sent a special bottle of champagne, the last thing on my mind would be vlogging it. I don't get that mindset. They don't have to share _everything_. How do you have a real, personal, adult conversation with the camera there? I really think the vlog is taking over their lives. How can you live in the moment when you're always thinking about footage?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I think that saying vlogging is "taking over their lives" is a bit dramatic. They vlogged a few minutes of their night, not the entire thing. They always vlog date nights. It really didn't seem like a big deal. They can have adult conversations when the camera is off, which it obviously was for the majority of the night.
I think people tend to forget that they've been vlogging for almost as long as they've been married. And consistently so for at least half their marriage. So the camera is a significant part of their life, and something they are very used to. It would probably feel strange to them to not vlog an important moment
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Anyone keep up with Jessica? She posted a pic on snapchat that revealed she makes about 7.5k a month on youtube. She doesn't daily vlog but has around 100k average views and 448k subs. 7.5k is slightly under half of her socialblade estimate. If that's the standard across the board then they're making somewhere in the ballpark of 7k a month just from youtube ad revenue. Then remember that they pay out their network so it's even less than that, but add sponsorship revenue. Still, the numbers just don't add up.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Scar2016 wrote:On the Gaines is potty trained scenario, she's not potty trained at night which I find surprising because I'm sure Katie kind of led us to believe she was. No big deal given Gaines's age of course I just recall (iirc) that I thought Katie had gotten both day and night done around the same time or shortly after. She even put a potty in her bedroom at the old house for night time and she was definitely dry during nap time. I guess she may have regressed during the move which is quite normal.
I am impressed with the progress Gaines has made since they potty trained her right when she turned two, but I definitely wouldn't call her potty trained. She still wears Pull-Ups for naps. There was a JK vlog where Kelly was watching Gaines, and she made the point of showing that MG was in her Pull-Up ready for her nap. Also, C&K oftentimes still make a pretty big deal when she uses the toilet, which makes it seem to me that she still is learning, which is absolutely fine! My daughter is 2 months younger than Gaines and I am dreading potty training. My son was pretty easy once he was fully ready, but it's still a really stressful part of parenting.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Maybe I am in a bad mood because it's Mother's Day and I miss my mother but today's vlog was so annoying. Them going on about not being able to get the unpacking done because of the kids and not being in the house not quite 2 weeks because they went on vacation .
How do they think people do it with kids and real jobs? No, vlogging is not a real job. They are being paid to party all day. I am so tired of the complaints.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

crowmtmom78 wrote:Maybe I am in a bad mood because it's Mother's Day and I miss my mother but today's vlog was so annoying. Them going on about not being able to get the unpacking done because of the kids and not being in the house not quite 2 weeks because they went on vacation .
How do they think people do it with kids and real jobs? No, vlogging is not a real job. They are being paid to party all day. I am so tired of the complaints.

YES! I am so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
I miss my mom too. They both have theirs, and ALL the help they could ask for. So first he says how great it is that they don't have anyone else over, then they are complaining because they don't have their HUGE, very expensive house unpacked. Boo freaking hoo.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And wait-- were they calling what Gaines was doing night terrors? Because I have seen night terrors, and that ain't it. That was a dream. If that's what she's been doing when they've said she had night terrors, then I have no sympathy. Katie, as a PhD in child psychology should know. I stayed with some friends of the family once when my parents were out of town, and they had a daughter Gaines' age. She would wake up _screaming_ bloody murder every night. We're talking blood curdling screams. Those were night terrors. Gaines was just having a vivid dream.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:Maybe I am in a bad mood because it's Mother's Day and I miss my mother but today's vlog was so annoying. Them going on about not being able to get the unpacking done because of the kids and not being in the house not quite 2 weeks because they went on vacation .

YES! I am so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
I miss my mom too. They both have theirs, and ALL the help they could ask for. So first he says how great it is that they don't have anyone else over, then they are complaining because they don't have their HUGE, very expensive house unpacked. Boo freaking hoo.

Thank you BOTH! I totally agree. I wanted to reach through my computer and shake Cullen when he was going on about being so stressed. Suck it up and just get it done! If they really were that concerned about getting everything unpacked, they would be unpacking when the kids went to bed instead of watching Gaines over the monitor over the tv with Jay (wtf who does that?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

lmmomSD wrote:And wait-- were they calling what Gaines was doing night terrors? Because I have seen night terrors, and that ain't it. That was a dream. If that's what she's been doing when they've said she had night terrors, then I have no sympathy. Katie, as a PhD in child psychology should know. I stayed with some friends of the family once when my parents were out of town, and they had a daughter Gaines' age. She would wake up _screaming_ bloody murder every night. We're talking blood curdling screams. Those were night terrors. Gaines was just having a vivid dream.

They weren't calling them night terrors, they were talking about Bennett's night terrors. They couldn't tell if she was awake or if she was sleep walking, so the topic was brought up, but they knew she wasn't having one.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

lmmomSD wrote:And wait-- were they calling what Gaines was doing night terrors? Because I have seen night terrors, and that ain't it. That was a dream. If that's what she's been doing when they've said she had night terrors, then I have no sympathy. Katie, as a PhD in child psychology should know. I stayed with some friends of the family once when my parents were out of town, and they had a daughter Gaines' age. She would wake up _screaming_ bloody murder every night. We're talking blood curdling screams. Those were night terrors. Gaines was just having a vivid dream.

My son has gotten night terrors since he turned 1. He also has very vivid dreams, walks in his sleep, and is just the worst sleeper.

Night terrors are the worst and what happened with Gains was not that. I legit have no sympathy for them.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Caisflame wrote:

They weren't calling them night terrors, they were talking about Bennett's night terrors. They couldn't tell if she was awake or if she was sleep walking, so the topic was brought up, but they knew she wasn't having one.
I agree. They knew that wasn't a night terror. I swear people need to pay attention to what they are saying before they post nit picky bs here. :roll: they never EVER said they thought she was having a night terror. They were talking about other family memebers sleep walking and having night terrors, Katie knew and explained exactly what a night terror was, they never EVER even elluded to them thinking that was a night terror. They were just having a conversation about sleepwalking and night terrors Bc Gaines waking up talking in her sleep started the convo. Good grief.
Also I think they have every right to be frustrated about not being able to get as much done as they want too. If you looked at any of the other tweets Cullen sent last night he was telling people that the other family members can't be at their house 24/7 and he's thankful for the time they were there, but that they have lives too.
People here go back and forth so much it's annoying. People were griping Bc 3 days after they move in they aren't doing enough Bc the house wasn't finished, and that they weren't working hard enough, but then when they get frustrated that they can't do as much as they want Bc they have to take care of the kids, y'all bitch about that too! I just don't get it. Just like the omg they can't afford this house! Talk. People say they can't afford it but then the same people turn around and bitch Bc they are doing sponsorships TO MAKE MORE MONEY... :lol: wtf???
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

Playsinrain wrote:
Caisflame wrote:

I agree. They knew that wasn't a night terror. I swear people need to pay attention to what they are saying before they post nit picky bs here. :roll: they never EVER said they thought she was having a night terror. They were talking about other family memebers sleep walking and having night terrors, Katie knew and explained exactly what a night terror was, they never EVER even elluded to them thinking that was a night terror. They were just having a conversation about sleepwalking and night terrors Bc Gaines waking up talking in her sleep started the convo. Good grief.
Also I think they have every right to be frustrated about not being able to get as much done as they want too. If you looked at any of the other tweets Cullen sent last night he was telling people that the other family members can't be at their house 24/7 and he's thankful for the time they were there, but that they have lives too.
People here go back and forth so much it's annoying. People were griping Bc 3 days after they move in they aren't doing enough Bc the house wasn't finished, and that they weren't working hard enough, but then when they get frustrated that they can't do as much as they want Bc they have to take care of the kids, y'all bitch about that too! I just don't get it. Just like the omg they can't afford this house! Talk. People say they can't afford it but then the same people turn around and bitch Bc they are doing sponsorships TO MAKE MORE MONEY... :lol: wtf???
You get the point of this forum right?

I feel zero sympathy for them not being able to get as much done as they want. They are both STAY AT HOME PARENTS with more family help then anyone I know in real life.

No excuses.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
Caisflame wrote:

Meh, I've been pretty consistent in arguing that I'm just sick of their complaining in general, but not doing anything about it, or not realizing how absolutely ridiculous it is for them to not realize how easy they really have it with both of them being at home 24/7.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So stay at home parents aren't allowed to be frustrated when they can't get things done they really want or need to get done? They have been more than gracious for all the help they have recived. They work from home, have two small kids and just moved. I think it's absolutely ok to share when they get frustrated.
I do 100% understand what this place is for. But when I see people making untrue claims (about Gaines having a bad dream) or griping over contradicting things (not making enough money vs making more money) it aggravates me, and in the same turn, it's ok for me to voice my opinion about things here, just as much as anyone else, even if they aren't what others agree too.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's, stepmothers, mom's to be, those who are longing to be mom's, pet mom's... everyone who considers themselves a mother, I hope you have a wonderful relaxing day! :love:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Caisflame wrote:

OK-- it wasn't super clear. Thanks.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:So stay at home parents aren't allowed to be frustrated when they can't get things done they really want or need to get done? They have been more than gracious for all the help they have recived. They work from home, have two small kids and just moved. I think it's absolutely ok to share when they get frustrated.
I do 100% understand what this place is for. But when I see people making untrue claims (about Gaines having a bad dream) or griping over contradicting things (not making enough money vs making more money) it aggravates me, and in the same turn, it's ok for me to voice my opinion about things here, just as much as anyone else, even if they aren't what others agree too.
I totally respect your point of view, and know we definitely don't see eye to eye often when it comes to C&K.
What aggravates ME about C&K is that they have been "venting" on every single vlog lately. They have every right to, just as much as those who have a traditional job, but personally as a SAHM of two kids ages 4 and 2, one of which has special needs, who's husband is working out of the house 14 hours a day, usually 6 days a week, I wouldn't dream of complaining to my friends about how stressful my life is because I know how good we have it. I used to watch C&K because I could somewhat relate. But as time has gone on, the more out of touch with reality they are becoming.

Happy Mother's Day to you as well.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's, stepmothers, mom's to be, those who are longing to be mom's, pet mom's... everyone who considers themselves a mother, I hope you have a wonderful relaxing day! :love:
You too! I know we disagree sometimes, but I hope you know it's nothing personal!
Hope all the moms, expectant moms, fur baby moms, and TTC moms have a wonderful day!

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I think their biggest problem is that their mindset seems to be if their kids are awake, they HAVE to stop everything they're doing and entertain them. They're only ever really productive when Gaines is with a grandparent or Kelly, or both the kids are sleeping. Trust me, I understand how hard it can be to get things done when your kids are little, but you gotta learn to make it work. You can't always sit and entertain your kids. I know they've tried to teach Gaines to play on her own, and they should really stick with it. She's older now and is more capable of understanding that "mommy or daddy will play a game with you after we unload 2 of these boxes or put the laundry away, or clean the counters and sweep the floors, etc" she could even be of some help. Find a box you know you could unpack and put away and have her take all the items out, separate them on the floor, hand them to you, dust them off. Brooks is a different story because he's a lot younger, but there's TWO of them at home. Have someone do something while he's eating, power through a box when he sleeps. They don't need to do everything in the first 2 weeks but knowing the way they are, and the desire they seem to have to get unpacked, they need to step it up to make some progress.

I just feel like they make it really hard for themselves and stress how things get put on back burner due to having children

Return to “Cullen and Katie”