askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Another sponsored video on Katie on the Flip Side. I really don't care if they do sponsorships, but I wish they had to have a disclaimer at the beginning of the video. I was actually liking all of Katie's advice about moving with a toddler, but then as soon as she started talking about the home security system it changed my whole feeling about the vlog and I basically just skipped through the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you not watch the video if you had known it was a sponsored vlog beforehand? Just curious if that sways you to watch certain videos or not. Also... are sponsorships a flat paycheck or do they "pay per view" like a regular ad before a video? I just wondered if her view counts on a sponsored vlog mattered when it came time to get a check..
Typically I will not watch a video if I know it is sponsored. At the very least I skip over the sponsored part. It makes the vlog feel less genuine.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
nc_mom wrote:To me it doesn't matter who got the train set..whether the grandparents or parents. What disturbs me is the constant need to swamp children all through the year with toys, clothes, books and other items. Kids today grow up feeling entitled and never satisfied with enough. In my day big, fancy gifts like that were saved for Christmas or birthdays. Our parents would get us the occasional book or necessity during the year. We spent all of our time outdoors playing and getting exercise. It seems the kids today are very sedentary staying home playing with their electronic devices and cell phones the parents hand out like candy. They need to get their priorities straight. Look what has happened to Ollie...he is never happy until they run out and buy him something new. I hope they realize how easy it is to spoil Gaines (and ultimately Brooks) by giving them more and more material things.
The train table was a Christmas gift that they never got around to setting up, and they were waiting until Brooks was older.

They do have a lot of toys, but that's because they go overboard with holidays and birthdays. They're pretty good about not buying something for the kids every day. Though I'm still shaking my head at that water table purchase last week. Kids need clothes, but not the amount Katie buys. I will never hate on someone for buying books for kids. If could could buy a book a week for my kids, I would.
I'm sorry, I just think it's a silly gift for a baby's first Christmas. A two or three year old, heck yeah. But that's just me. Whatever. Agree to disagree. I won't go into the gender roles of giving a boy a train table on his first Christmas. A very expensive one. Gaines couldn't have a train table? She's old enough to enjoy it. I know they're both going to play with it, but the idea is that it's Brooks' train table. Oops. I said I wouldn't and I did.
I do have to agree that they don't need TVs in both playrooms. Playrooms are for play. It's crazy that they have two playrooms to begin with.
And she had all that laundry for Brooks, but he spends most of his time in a diaper.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I just went back and watched the Xmas vlog and GB got MG the mini trampoline and Brooks' gift was the train table. I had totally forgotten that she got MG the trampoline. I was going back bc i thought she said she get it for both the kids, my bad, they do say it's "for Brooks, when he gets a little older" Idk.. i kinda feel like you, it was a weird present for a first Christmas, but maybe she was looking for something that could be used for a long time and that both kids could use? I mean, babies don't remember first Christmas gifts so it's not like his feelings got hurt bc it wasn't age appropriate at the time... It was a very nice and thoughtful gift, i thought, and something they could both enjoy for quite some time. And honestly, i never thought of a train table being for one gender or another until you brought it up..I feel like the trampoline and the the table were pretty gender neutral gifts and buy watching today it's not like C&K are telling Gaines she can't play with it bc it's her brothers or bc its for boys.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

I love the train table! I do thing Brooks is a little young for it, but once he's old enough I think he'll love it.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just looked it up and it was just under $100 too!! (sam's club) That is a STEAL for a table that nice with that much detail!!!
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

askeptichere wrote: Typically I will not watch a video if I know it is sponsored. At the very least I skip over the sponsored part. It makes the vlog feel less genuine.

But, Katie on the Flip Side isn't a vlog. It's a mommy channel. It's for kid updates, lifestyle tips, and product reviews. Sometimes those products are sponsored.
It's no different than Monthly faves or My Empties videos.

I understand wanting vlogs to be more genuine, as they're meant to be daily journals. But Mommy channels are prime for sponsorships.
:roll:
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Completely off topic and I am so far behind, but i have to say that I am very disappointed in the vlog at MG's gymnastics meet. They gave away far too much information about where she takes classes. It was way too easy to find her school, and thanks to daily vlogs we know when she takes class. Sam and Nia get so much flak for giving away too much info about their kids gymnastics class, and I love Katie and Cullen....but for some reason I think they could have withheld some information about the showcase. Giving away the theme makes it too easy to narrow down.
But the begs the question, how much do you show? School dance themes for example would be very similar.....just thinking out loud.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Theirmom wrote:
askeptichere wrote: Typically I will not watch a video if I know it is sponsored. At the very least I skip over the sponsored part. It makes the vlog feel less genuine.

But, Katie on the Flip Side isn't a vlog. It's a mommy channel. It's for kid updates, lifestyle tips, and product reviews. Sometimes those products are sponsored.

I understand wanting vlogs to be more genuine, as they're meant to be daily journals. But Mommy channels are prime for sponsorships.
Yes I realize it's a mommy channel. Not all monthly favorites and empties are sponsored. Those videos I enjoy because they're not getting anything out of promoting those products. It's stuff they actually use and like.

And Katie's channel is not updated very often. So when they post 2 sponsored videos in a row, two weeks apart, it makes it seem like they're only making the videos to comply with their sponsorship agreement. Not genuine.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I liked the train table. The many pieces worry me.
My son had one but when he got more track and sets the table was just to put stuff on so I could vacuum.. and eventually it was a craft table. I got it on clearance at target for $19.98 .. lasted 5/6 years..

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Katie's channel has always been about the extra income. Youtube is Cullen's thing.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Brooks won't be able to really enjoy the train table until he is Gaines age. At his age he will just tear it apart and chew on the pieces. Gaines seemed to be really enjoying it though.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Theirmom wrote:

Yes I realize it's a mommy channel. Not all monthly favorites and empties are sponsored. Those videos I enjoy because they're not getting anything out of promoting those products. It's stuff they actually use and like.

And Katie's channel is not updated very often. So when they post 2 sponsored videos in a row, two weeks apart, it makes it seem like they're only making the videos to comply with their sponsorship agreement. Not genuine.

I get what you are saying about her channel too.. Her channel has always taken a back burner, and they tend to neglect it when things get busy. I'm impressed that they have done 2 videos for her channel since moving, but with them both being sponsored it kinda looks like they are using that channel strictly for the revenue. If they are going to start giving her channel more attention bc they have more bills to pay (which i know people will be on the fence about that whole idea, but in my head yt is a job and they have to make money, so use what you got. lol) they need to space out the sponsored videos a bit so it doesn't seem so much like "work" for lack of better terms. On the other hand, maybe this IS just them making videos to comply with sponsorships and with the move they are just doing the bare minimum to keep up their end of the deal on that channel. I'll give them a little slack for now, bc they are really busy, but if it becomes the norm that shes only doing sponsored vids on that channel, I'm gonna start sideeyeing the intent and genuineness of these videos. I mean, make that money, lol but at least make an effort beyond sponsorships.
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

I stopped watching C&K vlogs, but after the E&J shitshow, C&K are so refreshing to watch. I might start watching thier vlogs regularly again.

P.S. cannot believe how much Brooks and MG has grown! They are so cute!
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

I am happy Katie loves her Fitbit but I kinda wish she would quit saying she would rather have the one that counts stairs. Pet peeve I know but it's a little annoying.

pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

I'm the opposite, I hope c&k do more sponsored videos in the future, I love seeing her get free cool stuff, its not like she's promoting items she hates, she is promoting stuff she would like to use or try herself, so why not? Really hoping they get a hot tub sponsorship or a fence sponsorship next so they can upgrade that backyard soon.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

pibachka wrote:I'm the opposite, I hope c&k do more sponsored videos in the future, I love seeing her get free cool stuff, its not like she's promoting items she hates, she is promoting stuff she would like to use or try herself, so why not? Really hoping they get a hot tub sponsorship or a fence sponsorship next so they can upgrade that backyard soon.

I forgot about them wanting a hottub! I know someone had brought up that they wouldn't be allowed to fence in the back yard unless they had a pool. I feel like the hottub might be their loophole. They get a fence, without having to put a huge pool in that would take up a large chunk of the backyard.
teahathspilleth123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teahathspilleth123 »

Wtf???? I had no idea that Katie and Cullen were scam artists??? Scamming their own subscribers out of their money to join a phoney Facebook group and buy products???

That is one of the worst things I have ever heard of a youtuber doing. Literally scamming their own subscribers out of money?
teahathspilleth123
Gossiper
Gossiper

This is in regards to a weight loss diet scam they pulled on their subacribers??? Wtf.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They didn't force anyone to join, idk, i kinda feel like anyone who falls for those pyramid scheme things is at their own fault. I'm a beachbody member, but not a coach and i don't try and recruit people, and i really do believe in that program. But i went into it only after doing a ton of research and talking to close friends who love the program. I'm not saying that they get a pass with what they did, and they should have disclosed at the start that they what they were doing.. but they never forced anyone into joining, if you dish out money to something like that solely bc a YTer tells you too then thats your own fault. Do your research, buyer beware... Also, do we know for a fact that they were profiting off of this or was it the girl that started them on the program that was getting paid?
teahathspilleth123
Gossiper
Gossiper

No they didn't force anyone to join. Just like how daily bumps or ellie and Jared don't force anyone to watch.

The difference I can see is that E&j, D&b do heavey clickbait videos versus Katie and Cullen who actually took money from their viewers.... Wtf
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

TeaFor2 wrote:No they didn't force anyone to join. Just like how daily bumps or ellie and Jared don't force anyone to watch.

The difference I can see is that E&j, D&b do heavey clickbait videos versus Katie and Cullen who actually took money from their viewers.... Wtf

DB aren't innocent of this!!! They stole all that money from the horse ranch! And wasn't there some issue with E&J and some shirts for their cancer stricken aunt that wasn't so kosher?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”