C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:I don't think I'm that off base by thinking it's weird that Cullen didn't get a degree and didn't go to Alabama. I guess it makes more sense now why he needed to do YT as a career and lost all his other jobs. His weird personality makes me think he has ADD or ADHD.
I guess you and I were the only ones who thought Cullen went to Alabama. I understand being a big fan of the team, because Katie's an alumna, and her parents have the box and everything, but I really thought he went there. Nothing wrong with community college, or not going to college at all if it's not for you. Plenty of smart people have excellent careers and never went to college. I just thought he went there. Oh well. No biggie really, just a surprise.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

lmmomSD wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I don't think I'm that off base by thinking it's weird that Cullen didn't get a degree and didn't go to Alabama. I guess it makes more sense now why he needed to do YT as a career and lost all his other jobs. His weird personality makes me think he has ADD or ADHD.
I guess you and I were the only ones who thought Cullen went to Alabama. I understand being a big fan of the team, because Katie's an alumna, and her parents have the box and everything, but I really thought he went there. Nothing wrong with community college, or not going to college at all if it's not for you. Plenty of smart people have excellent careers and never went to college. I just thought he went there. Oh well. No biggie really, just a surprise.

I was surprised too. I always assumed he was an alumnus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

Katie and Cullen were both likely huge Alabama fans before they were even of college age (as were thier parents). You can be a super fan and not have gone to that school. My family members are HUGE fans of the SEC team in our state. My brother and I were raised to be fans, my brother went to college in San Diego, but he's still a bigger fan of the college we grew up loving. I actually went to that school, but I think if I didn't I would still be a fan. I'm the only member of my family who went to that college, and it has had no impact on my family's investment in their athletics.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Yeah, I don't care if he only went to CC, but he's basically told people he went to Alabama all this time. The way he trots around the campus and points things out, etc. I guess he was just hanging out with Katie in Tuscaloosa on weekends and then going home to Birmingham. Just another YT "cover up" that they never fully explained.
pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

He's probably gung ho about the place and the team because those are his memories of when and where they were dating, some of the best days of most people's lives.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

They always said they met in college at a party. I knew they didn't always live in the same city, but assumed they both with to the same school at some point. He said he went to school on a diving scholarship, right? I can't imagine many CCs having diving programs?? Plus all of their friends are from college, right? Were they just Katie's friends that became his friends too? It kinda makes more sense that they were so defensive about Cullen being a fulltime youtuber when they had 5k subscribers. I always thought there might have been pressure placed on him because they seemed to come from different backgrounds. They both seemed insecure about Cullen not being seen as a provider.
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

ewokfan11 wrote:OK, that's fine. I just never heard him say he DIDN'T go to Alabama. Up until today I thought he did. He also makes fun of Kelly and Jay for going to Auburn, so you would ASSUME he went to a rival college.

Those teams are 2 of the best teams in the SEC. I think Alabama was ranked #2 last season & Auburn was like #24 or 25 (NCAA)

Community colleges don't have a football teams. I live in Arkansas and the majority of the people here are fans of the Razorbacks. It doesn't matter if you went to U of A, a community college, or are a high school dropout...we love our Hogs! You cannot walk into a Walmart, a gas station, or a supermarket without seeing Razorback gear EVERY WHERE! AND the Hogs vs Bama games will bring out the craziest Hog fans in my town.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaOfThree wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:OK, that's fine. I just never heard him say he DIDN'T go to Alabama. Up until today I thought he did. He also makes fun of Kelly and Jay for going to Auburn, so you would ASSUME he went to a rival college.

Those teams are 2 of the best teams in the SEC. I think Alabama was ranked #2 last season & Auburn was like #24 or 25 (NCAA)

Community colleges don't have a football teams. I live in Arkansas and the majority of the people here are fans of the Razorbacks. It doesn't matter if you went to U of A, a community college, or are a high school dropout...we love our Hogs! You cannot walk into a Walmart, a gas station, or a supermarket without seeing Razorback gear EVERY WHERE! AND the Hogs vs Bama games will bring out the craziest Hog fans in my town.
I think y'all (as they say in the South) are missing the point. He SELLS himself as someone who went to Alabama. I've watched them off and on since they moved to Tallahassee and until yesterday I thought Cullen was an Alabama grad. True, you don't have to go to the school to support the team, but as a REAL Oregon grad and fan I HAAAAATE the fakers! I saw Logan Butler wearing an Oregon shirt in a vlog and wanted to STAB him.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I guess they're saying that in the South, you don't have to be a graduate to be crazy about the football team. I think Brad Paisley even has a song about it. But I think we're talking about two different things. They're talking about being a football fan, and we're talking about giving the impression that he went to the school. He really does, in my opinion. It's not just the football fanaticism. I know it's not the same, but I don't live in San Francisco anymore, and I am a die-hard Niners and Giants fan. I get that in places without pro teams, the college teams are a source of real pride even if you never went to the school. That's not what I mean. But even though I went to high school in the East Bay and was a Cal fan, I don't let people think I went there. And I really think he was happy to let people assume he did. I agree that he walks around the town and the campus and points things out like he did go there. He may not actually have said it, but he definitely gave off the vibe. It seems disingenuous.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I guess they're saying that in the South, you don't have to be a graduate to be crazy about the football team. I think Brad Paisley even has a song about it. But I think we're talking about two different things. They're talking about being a football fan, and we're talking about giving the impression that he went to the school. He really does, in my opinion. It's not just the football fanaticism. I know it's not the same, but I don't live in San Francisco anymore, and I am a die-hard Niners and Giants fan. I get that in places without pro teams, the college teams are a source of real pride even if you never went to the school. That's not what I mean. But even though I went to high school in the East Bay and was a Cal fan, I don't let people think I went there. And I really think he was happy to let people assume he did. I agree that he walks around the town and the campus and points things out like he did go there. He may not actually have said it, but he definitely gave off the vibe. It seems disingenuous.
Exactly. All these years I thought he was a 'Bama grad. It's okay he only went to community college, but WTH? He's been selling himself as a Alabama grad ALL THIS TIME.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I think it depends on how you interpret it. I never assumed he graduated there, since he never said he did. But if you assume that because of how much he favors the school, then you may be inclined to think that he went there.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I don't recall Cullen ever saying he went to Alabama, just he was a huge fan. Even calling the head coach his "father" which is mildly creepy, imo. However, I can see where others would assume he was an alum with how much he loves the football team. I actually don't know if he does or doesn't have a degree but I'll leave this right here*...

Saw Cullen's Instagram story from last night, I guess they're on their neighborhood golf course. Are you allowed to hit balls at night or go on the course whenever you want? Clearly Jay & Cullen need practice if they're going to be living on a golf course! ;)

*This is the first and last time I mention Trump/politics
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
jdmjackson
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jdmjackson »

ewokfan11 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I guess they're saying that in the South, you don't have to be a graduate to be crazy about the football team. I think Brad Paisley even has a song about it. But I think we're talking about two different things. They're talking about being a football fan, and we're talking about giving the impression that he went to the school. He really does, in my opinion. It's not just the football fanaticism. I know it's not the same, but I don't live in San Francisco anymore, and I am a die-hard Niners and Giants fan. I get that in places without pro teams, the college teams are a source of real pride even if you never went to the school. That's not what I mean. But even though I went to high school in the East Bay and was a Cal fan, I don't let people think I went there. And I really think he was happy to let people assume he did. I agree that he walks around the town and the campus and points things out like he did go there. He may not actually have said it, but he definitely gave off the vibe. It seems disingenuous.
Exactly. All these years I thought he was a 'Bama grad. It's okay he only went to community college, but WTH? He's been selling himself as a Alabama grad ALL THIS TIME.
What video was he selling himself as an Alabama grad?

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I saw the golfing Instagram story as well. I'm going to wait to comment on it until I see the vlog. I am hoping they didn't just sneak on at dusk.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Can anyone point me to where he said he is a Bama graduate? I have been watching for years and never have I heard him or Katie say that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Can anyone point me to where he said he is a Bama graduate? I have been watching for years and never have I heard him or Katie say that.
He never actually _said_ it. But the way he walks around the school talking about the good old days gives off the impression that he did. At least to me. Obviously, I misunderstood. But I do think he was perfectly happy to let people assume that he went there.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I am surprised he even went to college at all. I got the impression that he didn't go. He just doesn't seem like the college type. lol I haven't been watching as long as some people though. I remember them saying they met at a party in the draw my life but never said anything about going to the same college. They even said they lived pretty far away from each other. Cullen going on about loving Tallahassee, I took as him thinking back and having good memories about hanging out with Katie on campus and all the football games he went to.

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Can I ask what started this whole conversation? Was it brought up in a vlog or something? Just curious!

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

madi_b_123 wrote:Can I ask what started this whole conversation? Was it brought up in a vlog or something? Just curious!

Someone asked if anyone knew C&K's educational history to get an insight to whether the kids will go to public or private school. Then someone posted that Cullen went to a community college, and not Alabama like many assumed.

mblant99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mblant99 »

ewokfan11 wrote:I think Kelly and Jay's kids all go to public school and Katie and Cullen's kids probably will too (the exact same schools). I noticed Jay wearing the local high school's logo, so maybe he also went there?? They definitely live in a VERY upscale neighborhood, so the public schools are probably really good.
My sister lives in their old neighborhood which was zoned to the same school as their new home. VERY good school systems...one of the best in the state

Return to “Cullen and Katie”