What happened to that trip they won?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by Playsinrain »

They didn't really seem to have a good time at the last convention. Maybe they just didn't want to go to Vidcon. It might not be the best thing growth wise for their channel not to go, but if they just didn't want to go then I guess it's their prerogative.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Sarai wrote:What happened to that trip they won?
That's what I am wondering too.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Funny making all the lists and stuff for Grandberry. She raised a few kids of her own...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing! I trust my mom and mil to watch my little ones. It seems kind of insane to leave a list several pages long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to leave notes like that when my parent/in laws babysat for us. Lol. It seemed more like a "this is what we do at bedtime and these are their favorite foods" kinda stuff. It makes more sense with Brooks though than Gaines. Grandberry may not have ever put him to bed at night so knowing the routine is a good thing. Also knowing his schedule would be a life saver I would think. If it were just for Gaines I might think it was a little OTT but with brooks I think it's ok.
Yes, knowing the general schedule of the day would be helpful, but Katie literally had post-it notes on each bottle for when Brooks would need it, a spoon in each bowl, and a list of food to feed the kids. Pretty sure Grand Berry could have figured all that out on her own.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I'm hoping that the food list was just simple things so Grand Berry wouldn't need to worry about mistakingly making something Gaines won't eat, but I have a feeling this is literally the child's full palate.

Breakfast:
Eggs, oatmeal, grits, yogurt, fruit, frozen pancakes, baby pouch (Brooks)

Lunch/dinner:
Pimento cheese sandwich, PB&J, Broccoli (steamed for Brooks, can have with cheese), peas, corn, cheese, hot dog, chicken nuggets
abbytalks12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by abbytalks12 »

just_me wrote:I haven't watched a C&K vlog in months, but I'm officially done with them. I've unfollowed/unsubbed them on IG, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. I am still following Granddolly and Grandberry on IG though. At least for now.

They didn't go to Vidcon (I'm just assuming it was due to the move because I'm not giving them a view to find out), but they can go to the Lumps house and pimp themselves out with E&J and DB? They won't gain enough views or subs from this trip to make it worth their while, so I don't get it. I don't believe for a second that Katie actually enjoys being around the other couples/wives. And based on their IG posts and what I've seen on their FB posts, they stopped being relatable. They are creeping more into Lumps territory. And Aspyn is there? Talk about which one doesn't belong.

i totally had to side eye the whole thing. Katie barely explained why they didn't go to vidcon and even though it was good they got away, it seems a bit ridiculous that they couldn't make it to vidcon, which has some benefits to them in the business sense, but could go to the lumps house for a party.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But doesn't Gaines eat better for Granddolly and Kelly?
And don't forget Uncrustables.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Strawberry26 wrote:
Sarai wrote:What happened to that trip they won?
That's what I am wondering too.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Someone asked in the comments and they said that as soon as everyone has the right documentation!

Baconsgirl

Was the trip to the bumps an over night one?

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:But doesn't Gaines eat better for Granddolly and Kelly?
And don't forget Uncrustables.

Lol Uncrustables. She didn't write down mac n cheese either, so maybe it's just a simple list.

She might eat better for others, but isn't she shown eating Mac n cheese most times at Kelly's? That one time she made chicken Parmesan, and Gaines wouldn't even eat the marinara sauce so she had noodles with shredded cheese instead.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Cullen and Katie seemed to genuinely enjoy the party.

A lot of people here seem to believe that C and K have to force themselves to hang out with the lumps and E and J and that the friendship is only for work/views and I no doubt believe that that's apart of it, but I also do really think that C and K genuinely enjoy them and hanging out. They didn't have to go to the pool party for networking, they could've gone to vidcon just for that if they wanted to, I think they went because they wanted to hang out with their friends.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

The long list for Grandberry was kinda ridiculous. I'm sure she might have looked at it once. LOL That's what my mother would do.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:The long list for Grandberry was kinda ridiculous. I'm sure she might have looked at it once. LOL That's what my mother would do.
I wonder if she would have made as long a list for Granddolly....
And I don't know what Katie has in common with Ellie and Missy, but Cullen definitely enjoys hanging out with Jared and Bryan. He loves acting like a 12 year old, and I have no doubt he has a great time with them. And the thing is, even if they just spend time with the Lumps and E&J "just for views", that's just as bad as them actually enjoying their company. It's been said before, but I don't understand why that's more palatable to people than the idea that they really like these guys. Being disingenuous and using other people and manipulating them to get more views is better than actually liking people who we wish they didn't?

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I definitely think DBEJCK actually like each other. The money and subscriber sharing is just a bonus. I don't think they would be friends if they did not have daily vlogging in common. Even if they all lived nearby one another.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I think it's extremely rude that Bryan didn't promote any of the other vloggers channels even in the description. Even his so called "best friends" Ellie and Jared didn't promote anybody either. Cullen actually linked a bunch of the channels of people in his description though. I wonder what they think of their "friends" not even giving them a shout out?

Baconsgirl

Lovethesnark wrote:The long list for Grandberry was kinda ridiculous. I'm sure she might have looked at it once. LOL That's what my mother would do.
Yeah my parents never left lists for my grandparents. I find it tacky because she knows how to parent children.

Baconsgirl

I think that c and K were stupid to travel out of state without thier kids. I its important to have alone time but come on now The kids are under 3. So many things could happen without them there. I know there is plenty of family but it's not their responsibility it's the parents. I think it was selfish to go so far away.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The lists weren't bitchy, just helpful hints about bottles, bedtime routine, foods, etc. I do the same things down to laying out outfits, shoes, snacks, bath towels and soaps. I am anal and feel bad about leaving my kids with someone else so I want to make it as easy on the person watching the kids as possible.
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

I think I read here within the last couple days that Brooks is almost walking. Is that right? I am going to laugh so hard if they missed their son's first steps just to hang with DB and E&J. If my kid was that close to walking, I don't think I'd leave them for a second so that I wouldn't miss it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nutbagmcgee wrote:The lists weren't bitchy, just helpful hints about bottles, bedtime routine, foods, etc. I do the same things down to laying out outfits, shoes, snacks, bath towels and soaps. I am anal and feel bad about leaving my kids with someone else so I want to make it as easy on the person watching the kids as possible.
I do the same, and I'm not afraid to admit that I even do this for my pets. Even the fish food is carefully measured out into daily pill dividers so it's as easy to care for them as possible. I always have a ton of guilt and anxiety about leaving, so lists help for me to feel like all will be fine in my absence. I leave my kids and pets with my mom, and I know she can take care of them just fine, but the list makes me feel better. It's really more about a need to control my own anxiety and get things out of my head than it is a list that must be followed. If I came back and found that my mom ignored a lot of the pointless info I left, but all was fine, then it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”