C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cynthiadancer wrote:As a few others have mentioned it is really interesting how differently people are taking this video. I read most of the comments here before watching the video and then was surprised that I kind of disagree with what most people said. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I liked the video and thought it was mostly genuine. Don't get me wrong, it was totally annoying how they kept talking about how they aren't complaining and trying to over explain that and at times I just wanted them (mostly Katie) to shut up, but this was the C&K I have been missing for awhile. The ones that sit and talk to us about how they're feeling. I almost got the idea they don't exactly know how they are feeling.

I think they have hit a rough patch in their marriage for sure and were just going along through their days like it wasn't happening but have gotten to the point that they can't ignore it any longer. We all noticed it and we only see a few minutes of their day - I'm willing to bet their family and those in their lives have noticed and maybe even gotten involved. Katie mentioned texting about this with her mom so I have to wonder how much of this was driven by their family sitting down and saying "what are you guys doing?" I think they are realizing that it's not ok to just float through this life and they have a lot of work to do. There was probably a blow out fight or something that led to this revelation but in my opinion they are just at the beginning of it and they themselves don't even know where they are headed with this journey. Cullen does seem pretty checked out. I also agree with some others that he seems pretty disillusioned with the daily vlogging life after he has never been able to be as successful as he wants to be. Maybe he is over trying and depressed, causing him to be over trying in the rest of his life as well.

I actually think this has been swirling for quite some time, there are instagram posts on Katie's page from months and months ago about how they need to work on their relationship and her post from their 10 year anniversary talked about it as well. I think adding a second baby took a toll on them that they weren't prepared for. In any case, I hope they are able to salvage their relationship before it's too late.

(Side note about the complaining: I know to some their problems don't seem as big as many people but they are still their problems. I actually think they are just bad at articulating them clearly. Maybe they do need a little perspective but everyone is entitled to complain and have struggles even if they are petty. I'm guilty of having petty struggles sometimes in my life and judging others for having them too but I actively work on that because I do think everyone's issues are valid to them. It's what's important to THEM and that's all that really matters. I actually think it is pretty brave to be vulnerable and admit some of their problems out there on the internet. I know I wouldn't.)
I wouldn't call it an "unpopular opinion". A lot of people here agree with you, and even if they don't, you're entitled to it, and it's valid.
You raised some interesting points.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by onbreak »

She needs to MLM her vlog game. Get those vlog mommas under her leadership. She said they love running their business together.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=13192

^ Next part, sorry for the delay!
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:

Return to “Cullen and Katie”