The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I’m glad her mother could be there with her while her husband is out of town. I can’t imagine going through that and the D&C without my husband there. I have some other thoughts, but it seems crass to bring that up right away after they announce this. I will just say that I see a lot of red flags, but I hope things work out for them.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Playsinrain wrote:
Liz_444 wrote:How do you know she lost the baby? I checked her YouTube video from 4 days ago and she was all happy and giddy.
New video from today. Went to the dr on monday, no heartbeat, no growth. Dr scheduled a D&C for this past Wednesday (if the time line is for this week)
I wonder why I can't see the new video? I can only see the one from 4 days ago.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Liz_444 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Liz_444 wrote:How do you know she lost the baby? I checked her YouTube video from 4 days ago and she was all happy and giddy.
New video from today. Went to the dr on monday, no heartbeat, no growth. Dr scheduled a D&C for this past Wednesday (if the time line is for this week)
I wonder why I can't see the new video? I can only see the one from 4 days ago.
Never mind...it just showed up. Thanks!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I’m glad her mother could be there with her while her husband is out of town. I can’t imagine going through that and the D&C without my husband there. I have some other thoughts, but it seems crass to bring that up right away after they announce this. I will just say that I see a lot of red flags, but I hope things work out for them.
I was probably thinking the same thoughts you were. But like you, don't feel it's appropriate to say them this close to them going through this. Just know you're likely not alone in your thoughts.
I do feel bad for them. I may not think it's the right time for them to have a baby, but it's not for me to say, and I certainly don't wish this on them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Why hasn't she gone to visit Cory?? Her procedure was almost a week ago, so I don't see why she's not traveled to see/stay with him.

There's definitely something fishy about their current situation. She doesn't work, so why wouldn't she go see Cory in "Montana"?

I'm guessing he's in Canada and she can't go.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

ewokfan11 wrote:Why hasn't she gone to visit Cory?? Her procedure was almost a week ago, so I don't see why she's not traveled to see/stay with him.

There's definitely something fishy about their current situation. She doesn't work, so why wouldn't she go see Cory in "Montana"?

I thought I saw on his IG story couple days ago he was in Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:Why hasn't she gone to visit Cory?? Her procedure was almost a week ago, so I don't see why she's not traveled to see/stay with him.

I thought I saw on his IG story couple days ago he was in Canada
I don't follow him on IG, but Britney keeps saying he's in Montana. I dunno. They lie about everything, so it's hard to know what's not a lie.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

He went to Calgary (in Canada) for a day or two. He’s definitely back in Montana, as per his Instagram stories. If she is well enough to go on a date night with Cullen and Katie I would think she’s well enough to go see her husband.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think it’s possible that she’s depressed and heartbroken right now, and just doesn’t have the desire to pack and get on a plane and be alone in Montana while her husband works most of the day. I think she’d rather be at home in Alabama and be close to her mother and her family. I get that, but I also think that her and Cory don’t really know each other very well and don’t exactly know how to navigate this bump in the road together.
jdmjackson
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jdmjackson »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I think it’s possible that she’s depressed and heartbroken right now, and just doesn’t have the desire to pack and get on a plane and be alone in Montana while her husband works most of the day. I think she’d rather be at home in Alabama and be close to her mother and her family. I get that, but I also think that her and Cory don’t really know each other very well and don’t exactly know how to navigate this bump in the road together.
Or perhaps her release has restrictions on leaving the state.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

jdmjackson wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I think it’s possible that she’s depressed and heartbroken right now, and just doesn’t have the desire to pack and get on a plane and be alone in Montana while her husband works most of the day. I think she’d rather be at home in Alabama and be close to her mother and her family. I get that, but I also think that her and Cory don’t really know each other very well and don’t exactly know how to navigate this bump in the road together.

I’d bet on restrictions.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
jdmjackson wrote:

I’d bet on restrictions.
She left after their wedding. They went to New York.

3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

she posted another video she didn't end up having a D&C due to cost her insurance wouldn't cover and took medication to miscarriage
so I understand why she wanted to stay home and not travel

I'm so thankful in Aust medical care is so accessible
we were able to have a D&C a few days later after finding out and that was 100% free (may of had to pay for some pain relief afterwards)
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I feel so badly for her. Husband out of town. I am sure Cullen and Katie are a comfort, but nothing beats your spouse for support.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

3BoysandaLilMiss wrote:she posted another video she didn't end up having a D&C due to cost her insurance wouldn't cover and took medication to miscarriage
so I understand why she wanted to stay home and not travel

I'm so thankful in Aust medical care is so accessible
we were able to have a D&C a few days later after finding out and that was 100% free (may of had to pay for some pain relief afterwards)
That is really messed up.

And they can't be doing really well financially if her deductible is too much for her to have a D&C. Another reason maybe they should wait before trying again.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder why the doctor didn't suggest the pill route first? Seems a lot more convenient and practical than D&C.

I do feel bad for her, but Britney does need to grow up. Insurance plans don't care if you need surgery for a miscarriage or surgery for a bad knee or surgery for cancer! Did they do any research into their insurance before? She's in her 30s, but she seems so naive and like she's never taken care of grown up things before she went to prison. I wouldn't be surprised if she's in a lot of debt—legal bills alone!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So they cant afford the deductible but he wants to "retire early" and sell his furniture and other wood things and have no insurance??? Yeah ok. Sounds to me like they both need to grow up!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:So they cant afford the deductible but he wants to "retire early" and sell his furniture and other wood things and have no insurance??? Yeah ok. Sounds to me like they both need to grow up!
I'm making an assumption about the deductible. It is just what it sounds like, if she couldn't afford/didn't want to pay. Either a deductible or a 20% copay. Either way, you're right-- if the cost is the reason she chose to have a medically induced miscarriage over a D&C, "retiring early" doesn't look like a viable option. They really need to think about what they're getting into and do some growing up before bringing another life into the mix. Babies are expensive-- labor and delivery, prenatal care, all the appointments for well baby checks, and that's all assuming nothing goes wrong, and everyone is healthy.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

At best they come across as incredibly naive.

I found it odd that he said something along the lines of “This doesn’t change anything, we’re still together, we’re still in love” etc. (Sorry, not in a position to re-watch the vlog so I’m paraphrasing.) Almost like this miscarriage would somehow threaten their stability as a married couple. Obviously it’s a sad and stressful time, but that shouldn’t spell out marital discord unless things are already shaky. After their “fight” in NYC that ruined the vacation and prevented them from vlogging anything, I think things are not going well and they just continue to cover it up.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:I wonder why the doctor didn't suggest the pill route first? Seems a lot more convenient and practical than D&C.

I do feel bad for her, but Britney does need to grow up. Insurance plans don't care if you need surgery for a miscarriage or surgery for a bad knee or surgery for cancer! Did they do any research into their insurance before? She's in her 30s, but she seems so naive and like she's never taken care of grown up things before she went to prison. I wouldn't be surprised if she's in a lot of debt—legal bills alone!
Okay, I just watched the video she posted today, and I have to agree. Lots of people coming in for out-patient procedures or just getting medical treatment in one form or another are going through an emotional hardship that they didn't "ask for." She doesn't seem to understand how insurance works. Anesthesiologists are not cheap. It has nothing to do with whether those expenses are for a living baby that she gets to "keep" or for a D&C. A D&C is one option that some people chose for their own reasons, but the cost is a factor. She was able to choose another option based on cost. She just seemed angry at the world and decided that since this pregnancy stopped developing, she shouldn't have to pay. That's just not realistic. I get that she's understandably very upset and disappointed, and the financial expenses on top of that feel like salt in the wound. But she comes across as naive at best, at worst she just sounds just immature and entitled.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”