C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:No vlog today. They needed family time. Whatever, fine. Though Grand Dolly had both kids overnight, and they were at a hockey game with Corey and Brittany, so I wouldn't exactly call that family time. More like just a day off. Anyway... I hope this doesn't mean they'll be on a 3-day delay now. It's already confusing enough to keep track of their timeline when you see pictures on Instagram, and then the vlog footage days later.

They're really just letting their channel die.
lmmomSD wrote:Plus, I know I am probably beating a dead horse with this, but anyone who watches the recent vlogs would have some doubts about Katie's ability to handle children with issues. Gaines is acting out more all the time, and all Katie does is complain about Brooks being irritable. Doesn't inspire a lot of faith in her skills as a child psychologist.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I agree 100%. I would never take my kid to see Katie knowing how she deals with parenting her own children. I can't imagine her as a child psychologist at all. I can imagine her preaching what she read in text books to parents and adolescents, and not knowing/caring if that info is actually good in practice. You know, she talks a big game, but doesn't have the experience to back it up.
Maybe by “family time” they actually meant “couple time” but in more family friendly terms. If they had a night away to try and reconnect, which is something I think they need, I totally support that.
Cullen and Katie need more time together Image

They both need to get a clue and stop being sloths. They make Bryan and Missy look active!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Cullen and Katie need more time together Image

They both need to get a clue and stop being sloths. They make Bryan and Missy look active!

Seriously!! I've never known a couple that spends so much time alone together, yet desperately needs more time alone together to reconnect. EYE. ROLL.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: Their last name has been common knowledge for years. How did we all find out about Britney? It's not a secret. And ALL people with professional licenses (from hairdressers to doctors) are registered publicly by each state for easy look-up - it takes two seconds to Google it. It's already posted on the State of Alabama website, so it's already public information.
I understand that. People are more than able to search for that kind of info on their own. It just seems wrong to post it on a gossip board for all to see so easily.
I agree. Even if you can find it by a google search, they still do not publicly share their last name.
It seems the original post has already been reported so...
Actually, they have publicly shared it. Cullen retweeted an article after Brooks was born that has their last name in it, and if they cared about it being private I’m pretty sure they would have made sure the Wiki on them removed their name. Maybe they tried to protect it once, but not now.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

They are making about $3500 a month off of vlogs alone. That is nothing. I don’t know how they survive either.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:No vlog today. They needed family time. Whatever, fine. Though Grand Dolly had both kids overnight, and they were at a hockey game with Corey and Brittany, so I wouldn't exactly call that family time. More like just a day off. Anyway... I hope this doesn't mean they'll be on a 3-day delay now. It's already confusing enough to keep track of their timeline when you see pictures on Instagram, and then the vlog footage days later.

They're really just letting their channel die.
lmmomSD wrote:Plus, I know I am probably beating a dead horse with this, but anyone who watches the recent vlogs would have some doubts about Katie's ability to handle children with issues. Gaines is acting out more all the time, and all Katie does is complain about Brooks being irritable. Doesn't inspire a lot of faith in her skills as a child psychologist.

I agree 100%. I would never take my kid to see Katie knowing how she deals with parenting her own children. I can't imagine her as a child psychologist at all. I can imagine her preaching what she read in text books to parents and adolescents, and not knowing/caring if that info is actually good in practice. You know, she talks a big game, but doesn't have the experience to back it up.
Maybe by “family time” they actually meant “couple time” but in more family friendly terms. If they had a night away to try and reconnect, which is something I think they need, I totally support that.
I wouldn't consider going to a hockey game with Corey and Britany "couple time to reconnect". That's more like let's get wasted and rowdy time.

But that's me. Maybe that's how they "connect".

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Playsinrain wrote:
I agree. Even if you can find it by a google search, they still do not publicly share their last name.
Seriously?!!?!! Their last name was published ON THIS SITE in 2014:

http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1128735

It's also known by everyone here and most of their followers. I don't get why it's a big deal.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Just joking around, but I'm guessing more people know their last name than Cullen's real first name. LOL!
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Can’t get a vlog up today? Because “family time”? On a 2 day delay?

Riiiiight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

There is a big difference between being in the same house together and just going through the motions of being a couple and actually spending quality time together and working on whatever issues you have. I wasn’t even talking about the hockey game, I was talking more about the fact that the kids were with their grandparents for the night. They have relatively few kid less dates compared to most vloggers.
If skipping a few vlogs and keeping the camera out of their relationship for a minute helps them, then I’m all for that. The way the tweet I read was worded, it almost makes me think they took the entire weekend off from vlogging and might be back on a normal schedule today (as in today’s vlog will actually be from yesterday) I guess we will see though.
I just don’t want to see their marriage fall apart Bc I feel like under all these troubles they have been having that they truely love and care about each other. A lot more than some other couples I see on YouTube. I realize that I’m in the minority with that opinion, most here would love to see them fall apart and struggle to make ends meet, just to have something to talk about. They aren’t perfect, they have issues, and I have issue with some of the behaviors that they are showing. But I can’t sit here and talk about their marriage failing like it’s a joke. I couldn’t do that with anyone, especially when children are involved.
dollop0fdaisies
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dollop0fdaisies »

I think Katie's appearance has more to do with Cullen acting different lately than anyone wants to admit.
Physical attraction is a big deal to most people and all at the same time Katie gained a lot of weight, her hair started breaking off shorter and shorter and lounge outfits became even more frequent than before somehow. Plus the added stress of 2 little ones. People can say he still is attracted to her the same because of the rare innapropriate joke he makes towards her but honestly I think its a big deal to both of them that she isn't looking how she used to.
I know they would both greatly benefit from a healthier lifestyle. Katie needs to be reminded of how hot she can be when she tightens things up and gets a tan going. Cullen would want to film her progress and I have a feeling he would be impressed and have a new respect for Katie.
In return she could put her foot down and tell him, "I'm going running, you handle the kids for an hour and when I come back I'm showering *uninterrupted*" and he could see he has to be the sole caretaker sometimes. Bonus points if he and the kids could use this time to clean up. She could take that time to get around, maybe learn some new makeup and hair tricks, and he could see that its important to give her time to herself and how greatly they would both improve.
Granted Cullen is an ass at times and would probably make a big fuss out of watching his own kids that long everyday, plus its honestly not like he deserves Katie to try harder when she already does everything for everyone in that house.
At the end of the day she should do it, even if its just for her peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Seriously?!!?!! Their last name was published ON THIS SITE in 2014:

http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1128735

It's also known by everyone here and most of their followers. I don't get why it's a big deal.
That’s actually guru gossip and not here, and I for one never knew that thread existed until just now.
They don’t pubiclly disclose their last name on the vlogs or their channels. That’s why me, and others (since I was not the one who reported your post, and others said before I did that it shouldn’t be posted) think that’s it’s better to keep those things off here. But you tend to enjoy getting people riled up most times, so do whatcha do I guess.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cullen could shape up too. He's definitely getting a dad bod.
I think with Katie it's a vicious cycle-- she gains weight, so she feels bad about herself, so she lets herself go more. And I definitely don't think a tan is what she needs the way she and her sister are both having skin cancer scares. Unless it's a spray tan.

And I don't think it's fair to say that a lot of people here _want_ their marriage to fall apart and for "them to suffer" just to have something to talk about. We say some snarky things about them, but I think everyone here recognizes that they're human beings and nobody really wants just to see them suffer. Maybe I'm giving people here too much credit, but I don't think so.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

If Katie's weight is the source, or at least partial source, of Cullens attitude and their marriage troubles then he's a huge jerk and she should absolutely kick him to the curb. Cullen isn't in that great of shape either.

I think Katie's weight (and Cullens) is a result of their lifestyle. Neither of them are very motivated, their days consist of driving the kids to whatever baby sitter they've got planned for the day (grand dolly and mdo) and then lounging at home. Why bother getting dressed? Why bother working out? I think working out and in general picking themselves up would do wonders but not everyone has that motivation, especially when there is no outside "need" to do so.
dollop0fdaisies
Amateur
Amateur

lmmomSD wrote:Cullen could shape up too. He's definitely getting a dad bod.
I think with Katie it's a vicious cycle-- she gains weight, so she feels bad about herself, so she lets herself go more. And I definitely don't think a tan is what she needs the way she and her sister are both having skin cancer scares. Unless it's a spray tan.

And I don't think it's fair to say that a lot of people here _want_ their marriage to fall apart and for "them to suffer" just to have something to talk about. We say some snarky things about them, but I think everyone here recognizes that they're human beings and nobody really wants just to see them suffer. Maybe I'm giving people here too much credit, but I don't think so.

Definitely agree about Cullen, and I don't mean she should go tanning but picking up some color while she exercises should be harmless.

Also wishing a married couple with young children to have a scandal is so sad. I want to see them, and everyone honestly, do really great. Js

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

THere have been people on here flat out saying they hope something more scandalous than a divorce happens. It’s pretty safe to say that people would love to see their marriage fail, and fail spectacularly.
I just couldn’t say things like that about anyone’s relationship, I wouldn’t want that karma in my life.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

dollop0fdaisies wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Cullen could shape up too. He's definitely getting a dad bod.

Definitely agree about Cullen, and I don't mean she should go tanning but picking up some color while she exercises should be harmless.

Also wishing a married couple with young children to have a scandal is so sad. I want to see them, and everyone honestly, do really great. Js

Actually with her family history of skin cancer she should take EVERY precaution to getting any "color".
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

dollop0fdaisies wrote:I think Katie's appearance has more to do with Cullen acting different lately than anyone wants to admit.
Physical attraction is a big deal to most people and all at the same time Katie gained a lot of weight, her hair started breaking off shorter and shorter and lounge outfits became even more frequent than before somehow. Plus the added stress of 2 little ones. People can say he still is attracted to her the same because of the rare innapropriate joke he makes towards her but honestly I think its a big deal to both of them that she isn't looking how she used to.
I know they would both greatly benefit from a healthier lifestyle. Katie needs to be reminded of how hot she can be when she tightens things up and gets a tan going. Cullen would want to film her progress and I have a feeling he would be impressed and have a new respect for Katie.
In return she could put her foot down and tell him, "I'm going running, you handle the kids for an hour and when I come back I'm showering *uninterrupted*" and he could see he has to be the sole caretaker sometimes. Bonus points if he and the kids could use this time to clean up. She could take that time to get around, maybe learn some new makeup and hair tricks, and he could see that its important to give her time to herself and how greatly they would both improve.
Granted Cullen is an ass at times and would probably make a big fuss out of watching his own kids that long everyday, plus its honestly not like he deserves Katie to try harder when she already does everything for everyone in that house.

The only reason Katie should change her appearance is based on her own mentality and her own opinions of herself, not her husbands. Cullen has lost his good looks and nice body, too. When you get married, you can’t be stupid enough to realize your spouse is going to be the same size in 15 years from when they were a 20 some year old. Your body changes and sometimes it’s not always for the better, especially after kids. Do I think they could benefit from eating better and some exercise? Absolutely, for health reasons and longitivtiy of life. Do I think Katie should ever consider losing weight or changing her hair because her husband doesn’t find her attractive anymore? Absolutely not.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

freshbalsam wrote:
dollop0fdaisies wrote:I think Katie's appearance has more to do with Cullen acting different lately than anyone wants to admit.

The only reason Katie should change her appearance is based on her own mentality and her own opinions of herself, not her husbands. Cullen has lost his good looks and nice body, too. When you get married, you can’t be stupid enough to realize your spouse is going to be the same size in 15 years from when they were a 20 some year old. Your body changes and sometimes it’s not always for the better, especially after kids. Do I think they could benefit from eating better and some exercise? Absolutely, for health reasons and longitivtiy of life. Do I think Katie should ever consider losing weight or changing her hair because her husband doesn’t find her attractive anymore? Absolutely not.
PREACH! This a million times. Katie should do these things Bc SHE wants too, not Bc Cullen wants her too.
dollop0fdaisies
Amateur
Amateur

freshbalsam wrote:

Notice the end of my post which read she should do it even if it is only for her peace of mind.
I also never said Cullen is a babe, I find him to be obnoxious and he could lose some weight as well. My whole point is she could better herself, her marriage and household dynamic all at the same time by taking charge and making change. while you shouldn't expect your spouse to wear the same size jean all their life you also shouldn't have to accept that size has now doubled for no good reason other than laziness.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

dollop0fdaisies wrote:
freshbalsam wrote:

Notice the end of my post which read she should do it even if it is only for her peace of mind.
I also never said Cullen is a babe, I find him to be obnoxious and he could lose some weight as well. My whole point is she could better herself, her marriage and household dynamic all at the same time by taking charge and making change. while you shouldn't expect your spouse to wear the same size jean all their life you also shouldn't have to accept that size has now doubled for no good reason other than laziness.

If Cullen was concerned about her health and was encouraging her (AND HIMSELF) to get healthier because of it then sure, I can see what youre saying. But you definitely didn't say that, you made it about Cullen being attracted to her. Which is so, so wrong.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”