Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe their lifestyle and Cullen's dad dying of cancer jacks up their life insurance rates. Mine and my ex-husband's weren't very expensive, but we got it when we were young and although I ended up addicted to opiates, my ex and I weren't big drinkers. They can't lie to the insurance company about their alcohol consumption, because they show it on social media all the time.
The other reason it might be higher right now is that maybe they took a loan against it. Depending on the policy, you can get an advance on it, but you have to pay it back for your policy in force (at least some policies)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:17 am Maybe their lifestyle and Cullen's dad dying of cancer jacks up their life insurance rates. Mine and my ex-husband's weren't very expensive, but we got it when we were young and although I ended up addicted to opiates, my ex and I weren't big drinkers. They can't lie to the insurance company about their alcohol consumption, because they show it on social media all the time.
The other reason it might be higher right now is that maybe they took a loan against it. Depending on the policy, you can get an advance on it, but you have to pay it back for your policy in force (at least some policies)

Those are good points. We got our policies when we were young and before health issues creeped in. We also have a small house and a small mortgage so we didn’t need massive policies to protect each other in the event one of us passes.
Graysky33
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Graysky33 »

Now they can't do their own yard work because the kids are home. Just stop it! I don't give 2 fs about how they spend their money, but the excuses are so out of control. They act like they have newborn babies. Their kids are old enough to occupy themselves for awhile. Take them outside with you while you do yard work. Jesus...it's amazing the rest of the world is getting all the things done with their kids at home now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Littlemama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Littlemama »

It seems like since they are getting more views on their budget videos and making more money their money problems have disappeared. They are back to their old ways again. I also I think Katie may have a bigger drinking problem than Cullen now.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Finally watched a portion of the video and Katie said they had to send paper work stating why they wanted to use the mortgage deferral and they are waiting for approval. I hope they get declined based on their previous history of late payments. What could their reason have been? "Our kids are home now so it's hard to work". Do they realize how obtuse they sound? Half of the country is trying to work from home and homeschool their kids now. What does that have to do with paying your mortgage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HollaBack
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HollaBack »

I guess my question is if they have the money to pay the mortgage (she mentioned putting into savings) why wouldn’t you just pay it?! They are full of excuses and abusing the relief that is provided for people legitimately out of work. She’ll be spending that money elsewhere. Her “budget” is a joke. I’m a new follower due to the debt series and already unsubscribed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
petralove12
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by petralove12 »

I’m a long time lurker and finally decided to join!

My partner and I have been following DR loosely, there are some things we don’t see eye to eye on but we weren’t in a financial situation like C&K are.

They are completely missing the point. If you want to seriously tackle the debt, you don’t defer your mortgage payments, spend $1000 on junk food (holy hell), and justify where the majority of their cash is going. Paying off debt isn’t fun. If C&K don’t take this seriously, everything will be on the line including their marriage.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Boymomma123 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:41 pm Finally watched a portion of the video and Katie said they had to send paper work stating why they wanted to use the mortgage deferral and they are waiting for approval. I hope they get declined based on their previous history of late payments. What could their reason have been? "Our kids are home now so it's hard to work". Do they realize how obtuse they sound? Half of the country is trying to work from home and homeschool their kids now. What does that have to do with paying your mortgage.

Oh yikes, I wonder if they just skipped April's payment under the guise of "waiting on approval" from the lender. I just assumed they had, you know, actually gotten permission to defer payments since Katie was outlining the terms.

I would imagine they expect to see some sort of proof of job loss or loss of income. Unless they can show where sponsors have pulled out or canceled contracts due to Covid-19, I don't know how self-employed influencers who work from home demonstrate that they've been financially impacted at this point. It's not like they had a store or restaurant they needed to close. At this point they just don't feel like working. And how many paid gigs were they even getting over the past few months to compare? I think their overall decline in income that has been taking place will make it difficult to demonstrate loss of income. I wonder if you compared their January income with March's income if you'd see much of a difference at all.

And since they haven't even been approved, let alone learned the real terms, I wonder if they would end up having to pay all suspended payments at once.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HollaBack wrote:I guess my question is if they have the money to pay the mortgage (she mentioned putting into savings) why wouldn’t you just pay it?! They are full of excuses and abusing the relief that is provided for people legitimately out of work. She’ll be spending that money elsewhere. Her “budget” is a joke. I’m a new follower due to the debt series and already unsubscribed.

I don't believe for a minute that they are putting anything in savings. They're finding ways to justify spending.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

Why don’t they make it a game with the kids while they are doing yard work. Say they get a dollar per bucket of sticks or something. My parents used to do that with the grandkids when they were smaller. They would pick up pine cones and would get a little cash reward. Those kids are not babies they should not be stopping them from going outside and doing yard work.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

Boymomma123 wrote:Finally watched a portion of the video and Katie said they had to send paper work stating why they wanted to use the mortgage deferral and they are waiting for approval. I hope they get declined based on their previous history of late payments. What could their reason have been? "Our kids are home now so it's hard to work". Do they realize how obtuse they sound? Half of the country is trying to work from home and homeschool their kids now. What does that have to do with paying your mortgage.

That would be hillarious If they are denied. Yeah I would think they would need to prove it. It’s sad they gained traction by starting this series but now see showing how phony they are.

Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm
HollaBack wrote:I guess my question is if they have the money to pay the mortgage (she mentioned putting into savings) why wouldn’t you just pay it?! They are full of excuses and abusing the relief that is provided for people legitimately out of work. She’ll be spending that money elsewhere. Her “budget” is a joke. I’m a new follower due to the debt series and already unsubscribed.

I don't believe for a minute that they are putting anything in savings. They're finding ways to justify spending.

This is exactly what I was thinking while watching that video.. There's no way they're putting that money in savings. If they were GOOD at saving money, they would not be in this predicament!
I'm betting that, after all the Coronavirus stuff is over, they will spend that extra money on a trip with the kids to Disney or something. Because they will feel they "deserve it" after "all that hard work"! <eye rolling>
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I’m so confused as to why people think C&K have extra money? They were haemorrhaging money before. Skipping a couple mortgage payments and school tuition isn’t going to give them EXTRA money. They just might avoid going farther into debt doe a couple months. They won’t have more money to actually spend...

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

chloe6124 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:46 pm Why don’t they make it a game with the kids while they are doing yard work. Say they get a dollar per bucket of sticks or something. My parents used to do that with the grandkids when they were smaller. They would pick up pine cones and would get a little cash reward. Those kids are not babies they should not be stopping them from going outside and doing yard work.

Because it isn't actually that the kids keep them from being able to work in the yard. It's about being lazy, and not wanting to work.
petralove12
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by petralove12 »

blondeusa wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:11 pm
chloe6124 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:46 pm Why don’t they make it a game with the kids while they are doing yard work. Say they get a dollar per bucket of sticks or something. My parents used to do that with the grandkids when they were smaller. They would pick up pine cones and would get a little cash reward. Those kids are not babies they should not be stopping them from going outside and doing yard work.

Because it isn't actually that the kids keep them from being able to work in the yard. It's about being lazy, and not wanting to work.
They are so incredibly entitled. C&K could make it fun, and it would free to them to do the yard maintenance with the kids involved. It would be a good family project. :D ;)
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I love working out in the yard -- exercise and sunshine.. yes, please!
I think it's all going to bite them in their ass. What exactly is their business? Emails? Reading? They aren't really doing much with their lives to attract brands. After what seemed be like months, she finally got Rachel Hollis attention and didn't make her a new bff... What's up with that?!
They should know a thing or 12 about viral videos.. nothing. They are a sinking ship with plenty of kids size rice krispy treats!!

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

So are we suppose to believe that these two work full days, 7 days a week? You can not convince me that they cant find 1 day a week for a couple of hours to do some damn yard work. Buy a cheap push mower and get some exercise while you’re at it.

Also $1,000 on groceries for a family of four, whose kids barely eat anything?? That is outrageous..

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread Ladies

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”