Re: Cullen and Katie: New Year, New Baby Part 3

Unread post by maesemd »

Thanks for choosing my title! :-)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I agree with Gymchick. Katie does seem to enjoy Cullen's company. No accounting for taste, but I definitely agree that Ellie and Missy _don't_.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
KatB11182014
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by KatB11182014 »

I swear if Katie makes me cry one more time. But seriously though for someone who had a pregnancy with no worry makes me feel even more thankful and grateful for it. Most people like me take it for granted but I think of it as a blessing. I wish them all the best and pray for them daily with this pregnancy.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
StellaBlue42
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by StellaBlue42 »

I really love Cullen and Katie. They are such a stark difference to a lot of the other big family YouTubers. They seem to really be in love and really compliment one another well. He can be loud and crazy at times but it seems to be genuine and all in good fun. Gaines is the cutest!
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

What did you all think of the pregnancy video on KOTFS? Must say I'm a bit disappointed with it....It was clearly just thrown together and did not have the usual quality of their sit down videos. Also it sounds like Katie is not comfortable to do weekly updates yet.....She seems more stressed and fearful this time than she was with MG. I actually am not even sure now why they shared the news
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe they shared it so people would understand why she seems tense. Otherwise, we'd all be speculating. "Are they having problems? Is something wrong?" Plus, it seems like Cullen is ecstatic. If he had a "liddle" like Bryan, he'd probably do that obnoxious high-five. "I'm virile! Here's proof in my terrified wife's body!"

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

My heart goes out to Katie. Every time she said "hopefully" in that video I knew how she felt. Losing a baby is rough. It's a life. It's your fertility. Your hope. And for a lot your innocence that things just go well all the time. I never was able enjoy being pregnant because of worry. There was always the question "but will I take this one home?" I hope she's able to breathe easier as she passes each milestone.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

gwsb wrote:My heart goes out to Katie. Every time she said "hopefully" in that video I knew how she felt. Losing a baby is rough. It's a life. It's your fertility. Your hope. And for a lot your innocence that things just go well all the time. I never was able enjoy being pregnant because of worry. There was always the question "but will I take this one home?" I hope she's able to breathe easier as she passes each milestone.
Personal with a point;

I have never lost a baby, but i felt this when I was pregnant. I would say "oh I'll feel better once I'm passed first trimester" "I'll feel better after I get another ultrasound and hear the heartbeat" so on and so forth.

It never did get better and even now (she is 3) I check on her numerous times a night because I worry she will just stop breathing.

I can't imagine how much worse it would be for a mama with angel babies. :(

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ok, I _have_ to comment on this. _Why_ was Katie vlogging while driving at night with the interior light on? SO unsafe. Turn off the light and watch the road, not the camera.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

gwsb wrote:My heart goes out to Katie. Every time she said "hopefully" in that video I knew how she felt. Losing a baby is rough. It's a life. It's your fertility. Your hope. And for a lot your innocence that things just go well all the time. I never was able enjoy being pregnant because of worry. There was always the question "but will I take this one home?" I hope she's able to breathe easier as she passes each milestone.
This. Even though we long to become parents, I'll be happy to become pregnant of course. But that dark cloud will forever linger over my head and keep me from enjoying a pregnancy. I hope all goes well for them.
StellaBlue42
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by StellaBlue42 »

irishmiss wrote:What did you all think of the pregnancy video on KOTFS? Must say I'm a bit disappointed with it....It was clearly just thrown together and did not have the usual quality of their sit down videos. Also it sounds like Katie is not comfortable to do weekly updates yet.....She seems more stressed and fearful this time than she was with MG. I actually am not even sure now why they shared the news

It was definitely just "thrown together" but in her defense she said in their daily vlog that it would be just a quick vlog style video and nothing crazy. My heart broke for her during the announcement video when she said "I'm so scared" and just started crying. It's definitely really early for them to tell everyone but I can see why they did it...we all know Cullen can't keep a secret Image Hopefully in the next month or so she starts doing more videos like they did with MG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

StellaBlue42 wrote:
irishmiss wrote:What did you all think of the pregnancy video on KOTFS? Must say I'm a bit disappointed with it....It was clearly just thrown together and did not have the usual quality of their sit down videos. Also it sounds like Katie is not comfortable to do weekly updates yet.....She seems more stressed and fearful this time than she was with MG. I actually am not even sure now why they shared the news

It was definitely just "thrown together" but in her defense she said in their daily vlog that it would be just a quick vlog style video and nothing crazy. My heart broke for her during the announcement video when she said "I'm so scared" and just started crying. It's definitely really early for them to tell everyone but I can see why they did it...we all know Cullen can't keep a secret Image Hopefully in the next month or so she starts doing more videos like they did with MG.

I am personally all for early announcing, but its definitely a personal preference! I announce early because even if my babe didn't make it, it's my babe. I want him/her to be loved and celebrated, not kept a secret. Plus you'll have extra support without having to explain "i was pregnant but..."

Some people would rather celebrate and mourn in private and I get that!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Did she mention her due date? I didn't hear it in the vlog but may have missed it.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Nope she didn't mention a due date or even a due week/ month I don't think but I think others have calculated it to be early August. I really hope she starts to relax a little bit more about it as time goes on because she seems terrified and completely detached from it right now and I fear if everything does work out well that she may regret not enjoying the process a little bit more. I think they just had bad luck having 2 losses in a row (1 is quite common) and the 2nd loss was quite early right? People are doing pregnancy tests much earlier these days that you find out even before you miss a period. In the past if you miscarried within a few days of when your period was due you would never have even known you were pregnant.......I'm of the opinion that for those of us who have no health issues it was better off that way.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Katie found out she was due Dec 1, and so did I! I'm due August 9th, I'm 8 1/2 weeks right now so I'm guessing she's within a few days of my due date.
I don't blame Katie one bit for being cautious. I haven't had any miscarriages but I still say "hopefully" and stuff like that. Pregnancy is terrifying. Some of us handle it differently than others. I've been this anxious about miscarrying with all my pregnancies and I didn't regret it later. We all have different coping mechanisms.
sarah

Unread post by sarah »

Their click bait titles keep getting worse...."Passed out in Public" (Katie pretended to "for the vlog") and Cullen's comment on "Christmas Tree Recycling Gone Wrong:" "Cullen & Katie 3 days ago
+Sandra Peffly aw man, busted. LOL I'll have to add the clip before the fall that I cut out in tomorrow's vlog...it was suppose to be an obvious joke. :)"

.....For real? Then he includes the above-mentioned random clip today, 4 days later, at the end of the vlog. I don't buy for a second that he wasn't trying to trick his (younger) viewers into thinking he really fell in the water accidentally for views/likes. The thing is, they don't need to use click baits to get people to watch. 
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I'm honestly shocked anyone thought the fall in the pool was supposed to be real. Cullen is a giant overgrown kid full of crazy antics, I 100% knew he wasn't serious. I don't think anyone with any common sense thought he really accidentally fell in the pool. SMH

sarah

Unread post by sarah »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I'm honestly shocked anyone thought the fall in the pool was supposed to be real. Cullen is a giant overgrown kid full of crazy antics, I 100% knew he wasn't serious. I don't think anyone with any common sense thought he really accidentally fell in the pool. SMH

Based upon their vlog comments, a lot of viewers did.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

minmouse wrote:Did she mention her due date? I didn't hear it in the vlog but may have missed it.
August 7th
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I was thinking about C&K this weekend and came up with some opinions/thoughts...
With Katie being so worried this time around with her pregnancy, to me its totally justified and i can understand why they are keeping thinks low key with the updates for now.. But maybe shes so worried this time bc it happened so easily? They weren't trying so this baby is an "oops" baby, so maybe the fact that it wasn't as hard or time consuming or tragic as things were before MG came along makes Katie think that it could be "too good to be true"? Just a thought...
Also someone had said that they must not be having sex often if she knows exactly when they conceived. I dont think that necessarily is true. She said in the clips of her reaction to the test that they werent supposed to start trying until next month, so that makes me assume they were using some sort of protection. Maybe the condom broke, or whatever they were using (pull and pray, NFP), she knew they failed at. When she said that it happened in KC, she sai "I TOLD YOU!!!" which makes me think there was some discussion about whatever protection they used, failing...

Return to “Cullen and Katie”