Cullen and Katie: Brooks Baby Part 5

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Brooks Baby Part 5

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If you just hate on all family vloggers, then don't you lose all credibility for the opinion you have against them?

Absolutely C&K will get hate if they become like B&M. E&J did, and they used to be beloved! So far they have been an honest and relatable representation of what it's like bringing a newborn home. When was the last time we saw that? People are allowed to have a positive reaction to it without this being a minion board.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

actuallydear wrote:I give it 6 months before these guys change in some way to piss off everyone who is on the C&K train. It's coming guys, it's coming.
I really hope that they don't, I will admit to being a huge fan of theirs, and i will be heartbroken if they start turning into anything that resembles E&J or B&M. I hope that being older, much more mature, having been doing this whole YT thing for much longer (even though it wasn't a "job" before) and the fact that C&K have always had money (tacky thing to say i know, but money changes people, and C&K have always been what i consider to be well off. The money they are making now or even later if they grow larger isn't likely going to be a factor in them changing. I dont think anyway..) are all reasons why i HOPE they stay humble and true to themselves. Sure no one is immune to scandal, but i think they have a lot going for them that the other families in that circle dont..
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I think Cullen used the song as a peace offering because he spoiled the kitten secret. He (and Grandberry) made Tweets all but confirming what the surprise is. You know B had to be annoyed by it and made at least a bitchy comment or two.

What better way to make Bryan happy again than to promote his "music?"
THIS!! As soon as i saw those tweets i was expecting Cullen to delete them bc he totally spoiled it for B&M. He was trying to make up for that. Cullen, frist off, don't spoil stuff for people, yeah its a cat and who cares but its the point that matters. Also, stop kissing Bryan's ass.. I would have been happy if the cat tweets was what finally drove the wedge between them lol I'm so horrible.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:If you just hate on all family vloggers, then don't you lose all credibility for the opinion you have against them?

Absolutely C&K will get hate if they become like B&M. E&J did, and they used to be beloved! So far they have been an honest and relatable representation of what it's like bringing a newborn home. When was the last time we saw that? People are allowed to have a positive reaction to it without this being a minion board.
I wouldn't consider posters in this thread minions simply because they enjoy watching fellow mature adults and their families. I am just speculating that there will soon come a time where the board will flip a switch. It has happened in every other board except for Bonnie's and I largely think that is due to her mature audience. I think the viewers of Bonnie and C&K's vlogs are like minded people that are able to resolve any disagreeing opinions fairly easily.

However, with the influx of actual minions raising C&K's sub count they may indeed start catering to their audience (maybe not for $$$, but for status) and the mature audience may lose interest and be less likely to defend anything questionable.

I hope it doesn't happen. They seem like a stable family.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Plus, Cullen used the song. Mentioning it isn't dragging them into their thread.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I wasn't referring to that in my argument. I specified the vbac and turtles I believe. But here is another one: Missy is going to be so mad, upset, whatever if they are having a girl. Remember that? I don't believe they used the song because it was good, it doesn't even make sense to me! I think Cullen was schmoozing.
Lol! It's not all about me and my comments. Hee.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think Cullen used the song as a peace offering because he spoiled the kitten secret. He (and Grandberry) made Tweets all but confirming what the surprise is. You know B had to be annoyed by it and made at least a bitchy comment or two.

What better way to make Bryan happy again than to promote his "music?"
THIS!! As soon as i saw those tweets i was expecting Cullen to delete them bc he totally spoiled it for B&M. He was trying to make up for that. Cullen, frist off, don't spoil stuff for people, yeah its a cat and who cares but its the point that matters. Also, stop kissing Bryan's ass.. I would have been happy if the cat tweets was what finally drove the wedge between them lol I'm so horrible.
Just curious. Did he delete them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

actuallydear wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:I give it 6 months before these guys change in some way to piss off everyone who is on the C&K train. It's coming guys, it's coming.
I hope so. I've always disliked C&K and somehow this forum became a fan page. I'm here for drama and scandals not minion talk!
It's not that I hope so, it's just how this board works. If it weren't for HS on Bonnie's board, I think the same would've happened there long ago.

C&K are uninteresting to me, but there have been a variety of comments that have had people calling them out for in the past. It just seems that since Katie got pregnant people have jumped on their dicks and not a bad word is being said. It will change sooner or later. Especially since their sin count is rising due to the amounts of young kids watching. If they start catering to them or start doing things just for the vlog, the viewers/posters will start calling them out again. Just a matter of time, IMO.
It's not that I hope they get hate, but I remember saying once that I wondered what would happen if Brooks hated football, and wanted to stay home and read, and everyone (it felt) was saying "oh, that will never happen-- he'll love football". But E&J assume that their kids will love track, and get called out for that. They also reinforce gender stereotypes with MG and the bows and cheerleader outfit, and teaching her to twirls and show her outfit, and no one has a problem with that, but other vloggers get flak for it. Just interesting to me. It seems as though ever since Katie got pregnant, it is hard to say anything not positive without getting a set down. I like them-- well, Katie, anyway, and I think they are great parents for the most part. But they aren't perfect.

gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

Well I stopped watching c&k when c&k fit don't quit (until we pry as much money from our subs' hands as possible) thing happened. They lost credibility because they didn't admit they were selling it. They said it was a friend but later said they were transparent. I watch every so often for cute babies. They are good parents, expectional by YouTube standards. They are probably great RL friends. I don't hate them but I'm not on the bandwagon either.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

lmmomSD wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote: I hope so. I've always disliked C&K and somehow this forum became a fan page. I'm here for drama and scandals not minion talk!
It's not that I hope so, it's just how this board works. If it weren't for HS on Bonnie's board, I think the same would've happened there long ago.

C&K are uninteresting to me, but there have been a variety of comments that have had people calling them out for in the past. It just seems that since Katie got pregnant people have jumped on their dicks and not a bad word is being said. It will change sooner or later. Especially since their sin count is rising due to the amounts of young kids watching. If they start catering to them or start doing things just for the vlog, the viewers/posters will start calling them out again. Just a matter of time, IMO.
It's not that I hope they get hate, but I remember saying once that I wondered what would happen if Brooks hated football, and wanted to stay home and read, and everyone (it felt) was saying "oh, that will never happen-- he'll love football". But E&J assume that their kids will love track, and get called out for that. They also reinforce gender stereotypes with MG and the bows and cheerleader outfit, and teaching her to twirls and show her outfit, and no one has a problem with that, but other vloggers get flak for it. Just interesting to me. It seems as though ever since Katie got pregnant, it is hard to say anything not positive without getting a set down. I like them-- well, Katie, anyway, and I think they are great parents for the most part. But they aren't perfect.

Yep, maybe this is why I can't get into them. A lot of the above is due to them being Southern and behaviour like that sticks out a lot to me because my fellow Australians are very relaxed when it comes to life.

The point I'm trying to get across over the past few posts is that once somebody does something you don't like you tend to be less forgiving when it comes to them making further mistakes until they turn into your BEC. I really do fear that the more people take a shining to them it would be extra disappointing if they did not live up to the standard their mature audience has.

Would be great to get some replies going on this topic because I don't think this is isolated to just C&K, but any vlogger before they turn to shit, so to speak.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^ this implies that the issue isn't so much about them changing, but of how we react to them though. I don't know. Did E&J change, or did we just see one too many things that caused people to go back and see what they didn't before?

Or maybe they changed just enough that we started to question things and the rose coloured goggles came off?

No one is perfect. So there is always going to be something to criticize.
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

Where's the video Cullen made for Brooks turning 1 week old? I'm not finding it anywhere. Makes me wonder if Bryan bitched at him about using his song or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

parryhotter wrote:Where's the video Cullen made for Brooks turning 1 week old? I'm not finding it anywhere. Makes me wonder if Bryan bitched at him about using his song or something. Image

I can't find it! Maybe Bryan told him to take it down because of copyright, bruh.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

[WHITE UP POINTING INDEX]️ That was my thought. Ridonkulous!

saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

I'm sure that you are correct. I come from a place of initially NOT liking Cullen, but being a good dad and husband is a huge thing. I used to love Bonnie and Joel, but jumped off the super fan train with the inappropriate videos.
gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

lmmomSD wrote:
parryhotter wrote:Where's the video Cullen made for Brooks turning 1 week old? I'm not finding it anywhere. Makes me wonder if Bryan bitched at him about using his song or something. Image

I can't find it! Maybe Bryan told him to take it down because of copyright, bruh.

Oh please let it be so. I've been waiting for the end of the DBCKEJ friendship.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

What video was this and where was it posted? I never saw it posted anywhere.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MG was so cute holding Brooks making Katie not touch him while she was holding him.. I had to giggle, at that and the ALL DONE!!!!!! So funny!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I tried to edit that last post, but what was that amazing contraption that Cullen was feeding the car mats through at the carwash????? I have never seen one of those before! Do they wash and dry them? We just got our first new car and im super anal about keeping the thing spotless and now i really want to find one of those to try!!!!!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

What video was this and where was it posted? I never saw it posted anywhere.

I WAS WRONG. It was a fan video on IG that my daughter showed me and I assumed it was Cullen. And you know what happens when you assume.... My bad. Sorry.

Pink65
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pink65 »

Does anyone know why C&K don't like "character things" I'm assuming this means things that have Mickey, Disney princesses, etc. I've heard her talk about it a couple times. Each time she says "you guys know we don't like characterish things"... Just curious

Return to “Cullen and Katie”