Julie Deru: Part One

smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Is the Boy Scout troop part of their church-that's the impression I got from the vlog? I hope they don't drag their feet replacing him. You can get burnt out when overloaded![/quote]

Yes, it is. Has Landon been the scout leader? If so, he'll get replaced very quickly. The church gets new people called in right away. They wouldn't make him do both callings at once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sorry, my quoting there got messed up and I have no idea how to fix it from my phone.

smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

I hardly ever watch them, but watched it today when they're making a cake and one of the boys j dumps the bottle of oil in the cake and just laughs about it. Are they always that annoying? Do the parents ever get after the kids for anything they do?

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

smellycat801 wrote:I hardly ever watch them, but watched it today when they're making a cake and one of the boys j dumps the bottle of oil in the cake and just laughs about it. Are they always that annoying? Do the parents ever get after the kids for anything they do?

I think that some things are accepted for the vlogs.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

smellycat801 wrote:I hardly ever watch them, but watched it today when they're making a cake and one of the boys j dumps the bottle of oil in the cake and just laughs about it. Are they always that annoying? Do the parents ever get after the kids for anything they do?

They had to have known he was going to "help" just a few seconds before that, he tried to crack an egg in the batter, if they weren't going to watch him then they should have told him to get down from the chair and scoot it away from the counter. I think a few vlogs earlier, he took Emma's ice cream cone and Julie was like "you have to get it back". That kid needs some discipline. Julie is still my favorite one out of the sisters to watch but I hope she gets a little more of a backbone.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Julie looks JUST like her dad in her vlog today!
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I really hope Julie goes back to nursing eventually. Unfortunately I don’t think she will unless she HAS to for financial support,., because I don’t think she has confidence in abilities. I saw that Landon’s sister is a nurse in labour and delivery, she was there when Ellie was delivering tommy. I think if Julie pushed herself she should totally try to get a job there, working with Landon’s sister and other women/moms would be so fun and good for her. (Of course I don’t expect her to go back to work until after the baby is 6-12 months)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

GymChick wrote:I really hope Julie goes back to nursing eventually. Unfortunately I don’t think she will unless she HAS to for financial support,., because I don’t think she has confidence in abilities. I saw that Landon’s sister is a nurse in labour and delivery, she was there when Ellie was delivering tommy. I think if Julie pushed herself she should totally try to get a job there, working with Landon’s sister and other women/moms would be so fun and good for her. (Of course I don’t expect her to go back to work until after the baby is 6-12 months)

She probably wouldn’t go back to work until after all the kids are in school if she ever does go back. They seem tight financially, and even if going back to work as a nurse they probably have enough debt that covering childcare would be hard. Not to mention who knows what in the world Landon will be wanting to do then. Lol
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

By the time the kids are in school Landon will probably be training to be an astronaut.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

YellowSweater1950 wrote:
GymChick wrote:I really hope Julie goes back to nursing eventually. Unfortunately I don’t think she will unless she HAS to for financial support,., because I don’t think she has confidence in abilities. I saw that Landon’s sister is a nurse in labour and delivery, she was there when Ellie was delivering tommy. I think if Julie pushed herself she should totally try to get a job there, working with Landon’s sister and other women/moms would be so fun and good for her. (Of course I don’t expect her to go back to work until after the baby is 6-12 months)

She probably wouldn’t go back to work until after all the kids are in school if she ever does go back. They seem tight financially, and even if going back to work as a nurse they probably have enough debt that covering childcare would be hard. Not to mention who knows what in the world Landon will be wanting to do then. Lol
But I feel like they has a ton of family around them, it will be sad if she has three sisters who do YouTube and stay at home and can’t alternate child care around her shifts...2 of them with husbands who stay at home as well. Nursing is easy to do shifts around Landon as well with nights and weekends. I think Landon needs to quit school and be a stay at home dad and his religious thing. If he support Julie’s career she could work full time and overtime if she wanted and make well enough for her family. Idk what RNs are paid there but in Canada we can make six figures with hospital pay usually after 5 years under your belt.

YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

I think the expectation in her family is for her to stay at home, and it’s probably seen as a step down if she were to start working. I mean, do any of thr Griffith girls work? Other than Julie, which of them actually pursued a career?

And, to be fair, even with family help, she’d probably be 100% responsible for most house responsibilities. Especially if Landon starts working and continues in church.

That’s the reality most women have, but I can see Julie trying to steer away from that. I wonder if she misses nursing at all? She seems like she’d be an awesome nurse honestly.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

nutbagmcgee wrote:By the time the kids are in school Landon will probably be training to be an astronaut.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

YellowSweater1950 wrote:I think the expectation in her family is for her to stay at home, and it’s probably seen as a step down if she were to start working. I mean, do any of thr Griffith girls work? Other than Julie, which of them actually pursued a career?

And, to be fair, even with family help, she’d probably be 100% responsible for most house responsibilities. Especially if Landon starts working and continues in church.

That’s the reality most women have, but I can see Julie trying to steer away from that. I wonder if she misses nursing at all? She seems like she’d be an awesome nurse honestly.
I think in their family it's fine for the girls to work until they get pregnant and become stay at home moms. Julie worked as a nurse before Emma and Ellie worked in a salon I think until halfway into her pregnancy with Jackson. Bonnie and Ruby never worked, at least to my recollection. I definitely think it's seen as a step down in their family if one of the girls had to go back to working a traditional job to help support their family. That's the husband's "role". Their mom never worked and they all aspire to be just like her. And housework is 100% Julie's responsibility, Landon made that clear with his sexist laundry joke a few months back when he had to do a load by himself, oh the horror.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

rdt1004 wrote:
YellowSweater1950 wrote:I think the expectation in her family is for her to stay at home, and it’s probably seen as a step down if she were to start working. I mean, do any of thr Griffith girls work? Other than Julie, which of them actually pursued a career?

I think in their family it's fine for the girls to work until they get pregnant and become stay at home moms. Julie worked as a nurse before Emma and Ellie worked in a salon I think until halfway into her pregnancy with Jackson. Bonnie and Ruby never worked, at least to my recollection. I definitely think it's seen as a step down in their family if one of the girls had to go back to working a traditional job to help support their family. That's the husband's "role". Their mom never worked and they all aspire to be just like her. And housework is 100% Julie's responsibility, Landon made that clear with his sexist laundry joke a few months back when he had to do a load by himself, oh the horror.
Bonnie did work, she worked in a salon and she was an EMT or something.
But you’re right, as soon as they get married or pregnant they quit. Even when they were broke and struggling they would stay home instead of get a job and help out. Ruby talks all the time about how they were so broke and living off their pantry food storage but she kept getting pregnant instead of getting a job to help out with bills.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

staceybrax wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:

Bonnie did work, she worked in a salon and she was an EMT or something.
But you’re right, as soon as they get married or pregnant they quit. Even when they were broke and struggling they would stay home instead of get a job and help out. Ruby talks all the time about how they were so broke and living off their pantry food storage but she kept getting pregnant instead of getting a job to help out with bills.

I think bonnie was a lab tech assistant

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I think that's so sad regarding the work topic. Not bashing stay at home moms- what they do requires a lot of hard work & it's incredible. But being a nurse is so rewarding. Her family should not look down on her returning to work if she ever did because it's truly benefitting other people. Idk, it just makes me mad how they have such strong views on things like this.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I think that's so sad regarding the work topic. Not bashing stay at home moms- what they do requires a lot of hard work & it's incredible. But being a nurse is so rewarding. Her family should not look down on her returning to work if she ever did because it's truly benefitting other people. Idk, it just makes me mad how they have such strong views on things like this.
As a SAHM, I agree. I have women in my family that work with kids (young kids) and I don’t look down on them. If it’s something they enjoy, and it’s not hurting the family, why not? Particularly if it’s a rewarding job like nursing, teaching, or social work. In fact, I’m debating becoming an LPN in a few years when my childbearing slows down. Child care is the biggest issue, and I am thankful to be able to afford staying home.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

nutbagmcgee wrote:By the time the kids are in school Landon will probably be training to be an astronaut.
:lol:
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Oh their latest vlog made me so nervous. None of the kids can swim. The big mat kids can get underneath it get disoriented, but no one realizes they are under. Then the bubbles/ foam. Again kids drowning are hard to see. Cooper jumped from the cliff and landed on the big mat. I just don’t understand the lack of common sense with youtubers.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Okay so what did you guys think of their vlog today? I don't watch this channel enough to know the kids name, but the youngest child was licking his cousin's birthday cake. Landon, novel idea, put the camera down and stop the kid from messing with the cake! This Griffin family are gross with cake-I thought he was going to do what his cousins do, take a bite out of the cake!

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”