• Advertisement

8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Postby natalka81 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Re: nutrition- I don't think it's so much about the kids not having enough to eat at meal times, but rather that the diet just isn't great. They often come home after school and have a large sticky baked thing and some other kind of sweet so it's no wonder they might not eat a whole lot at dinner. I think there are some meals that look okay, and let's face it, lots of kids probably eat worse than these ones do, but really there's almost nothing green offered up. Somehow I am most troubled by the snacks than the meals, though. I mean, it's fine to have a couple of cookies once in a while, but it seems like almost every single snack is a sugar-filled, starchy thing- never protein, never vegetable or whole grain, and rarely fruit or dairy. I feel a bit bad for criticizing because I know it's not easy feeding kids sometimes, but in this case I guess I just feel like the food options could easily be a lot better.
natalka81
Talker

Advertisement

Postby seriously7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 am

I really don't think Julie was ever actually bullied. I remember when that vlog came out Julie was seen crying suddenly and Ruby kept asking what was wrong and the child never talked, she just pushed tears out because she was getting attention for once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWu4f1JhfjI Someone else mentioned that Julie is learning what it takes to get attention and profusely crying is one of them. She tried to take the girl out of school that day and Julie was hesitant like she really wanted to go, then she tried to keep her home to rest and she wanted to go swimming. The footage is all chopped up, but finally there's a scene where apparently Julie needs a break from a little girl, but it's clearly typical childhood antics where the other kid probably said a mean thing one time, not some serious onging situation, otherwise you know Ruby would have been at that school quick. A few months later in another vlog, she tries to use the bullying thing again with Julie for "good content" and it backfires when Julie couldn't even remember the incident and even said it was never a big deal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7-wIK9Vgs&t=167s Bullying is a ongoing thing where a child is being harrassed, this was not that.

It will be a shame if Julie is pulled next year with a she's being bullied excuse.
seriously7
Informer

Postby jenboghel01 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:03 am

This reminds me of an older E+J video I just watched, where Jared takes Shari and Chad jr to a showing of their favorite YouTube group or something like that, and before he takes them to a get hotdogs. You can see them both in the backround DEVOURING the hotdogs as if they had never had one with actual condiments on it before. Just proves even more that they never get anything good to eat and/or they rarely get "treats" like that
jenboghel01
Amateur

Postby SweetAsANutMate » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 am

They need a healthier diet otherwise they are just going to be skinny-fat and that isn't good at all. Thankfully her kids are also active so that's a saving grace sort of.
SweetAsANutMate
Informer

Postby ohmygoshyouguys » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:17 am

Shari is really getting annoying and bratty. She has a very sassy/sarcastic tone with everything she said in today's vlog! She sure thinks she knows it all, doesn't she? And ruby just seems to ignore it. So annoying. It's like eve in a teenager version.

And say what you want about Grandma Griff but I wish my mom would show up to help like that.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper

Postby Namm » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 am

You really believe that grandma just popped up as a surprise (?)
Don't want to sound to negative but she obviously knew that her mum was coming that day. It's all for the cameras now when it comes to Ruby and also to sell their perfect family-relationship image.
Don't get me wrong though, I do believe that grandma loves her children and grandchildren but the surprise thing was kind of silly...
Namm
Talker

Postby marshmallowfluf » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:53 am

So either the door was unlocked, or grandma grif has a key. I love how ruby's first thought when she hears someone in the house is to pull out the camera. It was either set up or ruby is actually that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshmallowfluf
Gossiper

Postby savedramafoyomomma8 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:26 pm

seriously7 wrote:I don't see a problem with the way she feeds the kids. I would much rather see kids that look like hers than overweight out of shape fat children.

Her kids eat breakfast, a school lunch, a snack as soon as they walk in the door, and dinner. Maybe it would help to start introducing more variety now that she's not living off of food storage, but I hope she doesn't start putting a feast on the table each meal.

Her kids will probably all end up thin like her because they are disciplined to eat just enough and not too much like some of you want to see.

She doesn't need to feed her kids a feast...no...but some healthy choices would be a nice change...some variety would be a nice change. Seems like they eat a lot of candies and baked goods. Rarely any fruit and veggies...unless it's in a soup of course. ;)
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur

Postby savedramafoyomomma8 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:39 pm

marshmallowfluf wrote:So either the door was unlocked, or grandma grif has a key. I love how ruby's first thought when she hears someone in the house is to pull out the camera. It was either set up or ruby is actually that stupid.

I haven't watched yet but don't you think she would see her car? I mean...how'd she get there? She obviously had to drive unless she rode the bus/train that Shari rode.
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur

Postby savedramafoyomomma8 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:53 pm

savedramafoyomomma8 wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:So either the door was unlocked, or grandma grif has a key. I love how ruby's first thought when she hears someone in the house is to pull out the camera. It was either set up or ruby is actually that stupid.

I haven't watched yet but don't you think she would see her car? I mean...how'd she get there? She obviously had to drive unless she rode the bus/train that Shari rode.

Nevermind! I figured it out. Her video is out of order today...she showed Julie the stack of gifts on the table and then when Chad was making the dresser(?) she said I need to go wrap your presents. Oopsie.
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur

Postby savedramafoyomomma8 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Hopefully Eve or Russel didn't open the door when grandma came. Even though it was grandma. I would flip if my kids let someone in while I was in the shower...but then again this IS the same lady who purposely loses her kids in stores. ;) I bet she knew her mom was coming.

I do like that Julie got what seemed like several gifts. However, I don't think the dresser should be considered a birthday gift considering that Chad just got a dresser last week. These families are so very strange sometimes.
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur

Postby Mammabear » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:02 pm

I was just popping in to see what the Julie fans thought of her 8th birthday vlog? Anyone?
I just can't watch 8 Passengers any longer (the stupidity and manipulation of this woman for YT$ just bothers me too much)
Mammabear
Talker

Postby thenightowl » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Namm wrote:You really believe that grandma just popped up as a surprise (?)
Don't want to sound to negative but she obviously knew that her mum was coming that day. It's all for the cameras now when it comes to Ruby and also to sell their perfect family-relationship image.
Don't get me wrong though, I do believe that grandma loves her children and grandchildren but the surprise thing was kind of silly...

I could have sworn that Grandma G said "you told me 1o'clock" or something like that. So Ruby knew she was coming.
Why did Ruby keep the balloon flower thing in the front seat? she has loads of space in the back she could have put it.
thenightowl
True Gossiper

Postby Thewatcherinthenorth » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Mammabear wrote:I was just popping in to see what the Julie fans thought of her 8th birthday vlog? Anyone?

If there's one thing I like about ruby its the emphasis she puts on the kids birthdays to make them special
Thewatcherinthenorth
Amateur

Postby seriously7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:30 am

I wasn't a huge fan of that furry vest that she bought Julie. She has 3 cute little girls, I just can't see why it's to hard to find nice clothes for them.

Also, I know she's busy, but it was lazy to send Julie to school with a few boxes of twinkies for her classroom treat. Who eats twinkies anymore?
seriously7
Informer

Postby skyblueandblack » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:44 am

The Twinkie thing was so odd! I remember growing up we always quietly judged the kids who's parents sent them to school with a container of Dunkin Donuts munchkins for birthdays- I don't even want to think about what we would have thought about someone bringing a box of twinkies!

How hard would it be to quick whip up cookies or brownies if cupcakes are too much- or even pick up 2 dozen store bought cupcakes?

I don't get Ruby sometimes.

The dress was cute but agree I was unsure about the furry vest. That seems like something someone would either love or hate- and risky to buy for someone not knowing which side of that they would be on.

I do think they seemed to make it an overall really nice day for Julie and that makes me really happy.
skyblueandblack
Amateur

Postby kgiff77 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:00 am

skyblueandblack wrote:The Twinkie thing was so odd! I remember growing up we always quietly judged the kids who's parents sent them to school with a container of Dunkin Donuts munchkins for birthdays- I don't even want to think about what we would have thought about someone bringing a box of twinkies!

How hard would it be to quick whip up cookies or brownies if cupcakes are too much- or even pick up 2 dozen store bought cupcakes?

I don't get Ruby sometimes.

The dress was cute but agree I was unsure about the furry vest. That seems like something someone would either love or hate- and risky to buy for someone not knowing which side of that they would be on.

I do think they seemed to make it an overall really nice day for Julie and that makes me really happy.

Most schools don't let kids bring in anything homemade it has to be store bought. But I still don't understand why cupcakes or something wouldn't be an option

kgiff77
Talker

Postby skyblueandblack » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:14 am

Oh that's right. I forgot they changed those rules for the modern day. Well then yes- why not store bought cupcakes??
skyblueandblack
Amateur

Postby Hispeach » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:06 am

my mum would have gone crazy on me if i had tried to squeeze myself into the front seat where the balloons were. why didnt Shari go and sit in the back if the front space was taken up with balloons

and then when one popped they both just laughed at it.

my mum would have been LIVID if she just forked out money for a balloon display to have one popped because i was messing around trying to squeeze in a space already occupied.

her favourite expression to say when we were kids was 'you only had that five minutes' if we had broken or ruined something that was fairly new.

if i had popped a balloon meant for my sister i would have had a lecture in the car all the way back to the house. those balloon things arent cheap in the UK- you can easily be looking at £30+ for something like that. too nice to pop before the birthday girl has seen it, thats for sure.

it made me so mad
Hispeach

Postby Vincere » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:50 am

They get baptised at 8 because they can choose if they want or not... YEA SURE!
Vincere
True Gossiper

Postby seriously7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:09 am

Hispeach wrote:why didnt Shari go and sit in the back if the front space was taken up with balloons

In Shari's defense just this once, she did say that her mom was holding up the school pick up line twice (which was probably embarrassing for Shari) so it looked like she was just trying to get in the car so Ruby could move along. Had there been time to, she probably would have gone about it differently. Vlogging and being vlogged has got to be quite distracting, I think it makes people act unnatural. Even if someone wants to snap my picture in public I feel self-conscious and weird, it can't be easy to adjust to a camera following you around.
seriously7
Informer

Postby longtimelurker24 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:55 am

Its sad but I kind of agree with what a lot of people are saying on here about Julie, I think she is doing things for attention. This definatly not being her fault it's Ruby's...it's very obvious how she ignores her and Julie has learnt to play up to the camera for more attention.

Shari is getting Bratty but you have to remember her age and how you REALLY was at that age, I could easily forget or ignore the way I was at her age but I know for a fact I probably was like her. She's like 14, most girls her age say bratty/rude things at that age. Ruby is right in ignoring it, giving it too much attention might be what's Shari would want. She's just so to speak "testing the water" seeing what she can get away with, and I bet at her age we all did that once.
longtimelurker24
Amateur

Postby alexandriablue » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:03 pm

omg in today's vlog when Ruby kept pronouncing the h in "white" and "why" at around 1:55...I dunno why it was bugging me so much. I just can't stand the way Ruby talks!
alexandriablue
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:10 pm

alexandriablue wrote:omg in today's vlog when Ruby kept pronouncing the h in "white" and "why" at around 1:55...I dunno why it was bugging me so much. I just can't stand the way Ruby talks!

Like Louie on Family Guy saying "Cool Whip"!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby actuallydear » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:54 pm

alexandriablue wrote:omg in today's vlog when Ruby kept pronouncing the h in "white" and "why" at around 1:55...I dunno why it was bugging me so much. I just can't stand the way Ruby talks!

all i thought of, hahaha!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnSR_bsSxxQ[/youtube]
shake it up.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Other Griffiths/Mechams