8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

This is random, but Abby's 9th birthday vlog showed up in my suggested, and why does it have 3 million views!? Did I miss something??
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I don't think that Shari has changed that rapidly. She is a normal kid acting like any other teen her age. The change is that Ruby marketed her family as a "perfect" mormon family with perfect children. She portraited her self as the perfect SAHM, homeschooling her kids. Also in the beginning, Ruby showed us som of her cooking skills, and their weekley grocery shopping.

But what we then discovered was,
1. She can't homeschool any of her kids (cause she is lacking some education herself)
2. She can't cook (but she makes waffles, scramble eggs, warms up some soup, and makes some tortillas now and then)
3. She is a fulltime, busy, tired SAHM but her kids do all the chours at home in the morning before school
Ruby kind of tricked her self as all above was staged for the viewers and the mormon community and it's getting hard to live up to the nonsense even for her kids.

There is really nothing wrong with not having a perfect family, so I don't understand why she marketed her's as one. We are not seeing changes but more of who they are as the kids can no longer live up to the perfect, happy ”mormon-dolls image”.
I'm still waiting to se more of Chads real personality cause I have gotten anger vibes from him since day one when she started vlogging. I hope he is okay cause he seems to be a nice kid. But Ruby tends to push their buttons and put pressure on them that she herself can't live up to.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by seriously7 »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:This is random, but Abby's 9th birthday vlog showed up in my suggested, and why does it have 3 million views!? Did I miss something??

Abby is a huge favorite in the family because of her looks and at one point she was doing gymnastics and that's always popular. Also the video is older so it's been watched for awhile.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Abbys is also liked because she doesn't complain and isn't as needy as the other kids. Ruby said that in the Abby-vlog. I think that Ruby is fooling herself. Abby is probably holding back alot and keeping things to herself as she knows her mother can't be bothered. Ruby is taking that as Abby beeing a good obedient child but I believe it's the opposite. Both her and Kevin should be very worried about Abby cause no one knows what that poor girl is thinking but she is cleary supressing most of her true feelings to please her mother.
lifeofgraye
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lifeofgraye »

Namm wrote:Abbys is also liked because she doesn't complain and isn't as needy as the other kids. Ruby said that in the Abby-vlog. I think that Ruby is fooling herself. Abby is probably holding back alot and keeping things to herself as she knows her mother can't be bothered. Ruby is taking that as Abby beeing a good obedient child but I believe it's the opposite. Both her and Kevin should be very worried about Abby cause no one knows what that poor girl is thinking but she is cleary supressing most of her true feelings to please her mother.
I place my bets on her being the "rebellious" one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

You might be right but time will definitely tell ... ;)
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

I know I was bratty towards my parents at 13,but I never brought my bratty side come out in public. So it shocks me that Shari doesn't try to be sweeter in the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

skyblueandblack wrote:A mirror?? Really? What 8 year old is excited about a simple mirror? Ugh. When she came out with another gift- I was convinced it would be a sewing machine. Did they not get Julie a sewing machine AGAIN?!

Nope, it looks like she never got the machine. Too bad, that would have been a really good gift. There's still one more gift from the Dad, but he picked it up on his business trip so it ain't gonna be a sewing machine.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

Namm wrote:I don't think that Shari has changed that rapidly. She is a normal kid acting like any other teen her age. The change is that Ruby marketed her family as a "perfect" mormon family with perfect children. She portraited her self as the perfect SAHM, homeschooling her kids. Also in the beginning, Ruby showed us som of her cooking skills, and their weekley grocery shopping.

1. She can't homeschool any of her kids (cause she is lacking some education herself)
2. She can't cook (but she makes waffles, scramble eggs, warms up some soup, and makes some tortillas now and then)
3. She is a fulltime, busy, tired SAHM but her kids do all the chours at home in the morning before school
Ruby kind of tricked her self as all above was staged for the viewers and the mormon community and it's getting hard to live up to the nonsense even for her kids.

There is really nothing wrong with not having a perfect family, so I don't understand why she marketed her's as one. We are not seeing changes but more of who they are as the kids can no longer live up to the perfect, happy ”mormon-dolls image”.
I'm still waiting to se more of Chads real personality cause I have gotten anger vibes from him since day one when she started vlogging. I hope he is okay cause he seems to be a nice kid. But Ruby tends to push their buttons and put pressure on them that she herself can't live up to.
Have you heard how Chad does that "mhm!" thing when Ruby talks? I think he does it because its a win/win. It sounds like he is kissing his mothers ass, which he has basically been raised to do, but I can't help but think its a slightly passive aggressive thing where he is actually saying "oh my god, stop controlling every moment of my day and every feeling I am supposed to have".

He was doing it a lot in the scene recently where he was eating chicken noodle soup at the counter. She was saying how the moment was just so beautiful or whatever- which to me is basically telling him how he has to feel. She also said a line where she goes something like, "Just sitting here together, eating tasty food..." It looked like canned chicken noodle soup. Not exactly something I would go out of my way to say was particularly tasty.

Poor kids just have to smile and agree with everything Ruby says since they are such an extension of herself. I can't remember what they call this dynamic in the psych world- but its definitely a thing- where the children of narcissistic parents have to spend all day validating their mother (or father- whichever is the parent that creates this toxic dynamic).
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

skyblueandblack wrote:
Namm wrote:I don't think that Shari has changed that rapidly. She is a normal kid acting like any other teen her age. The change is that Ruby marketed her family as a "perfect" mormon family with perfect children. She portraited her self as the perfect SAHM, homeschooling her kids. Also in the beginning, Ruby showed us som of her cooking skills, and their weekley grocery shopping.

Have you heard how Chad does that "mhm!" thing when Ruby talks? Well all the kids due it constantly- but with Chad his timing is it a bit off and he generally does it as she is talking. I think he does it because its a win/win. It sounds like he is kissing his mothers ass, which he has basically been raised to do, but I can't help but think its a slightly passive aggressive thing where he is actually saying "oh my god, stop controlling every moment of my day and every feeling I am supposed to have".

He was doing it a lot in the scene recently where he was eating chicken noodle soup at the counter. She was saying how the moment was just so beautiful or whatever- which to me is basically telling him how he has to feel. She also said a line where she goes something like, "Just sitting here together, eating tasty food..." It looked like canned chicken noodle soup. Not exactly something I would go out of my way to say was particularly tasty.

Poor kids just have to smile and agree with everything Ruby says since they are such an extension of herself. I can't remember what they call this dynamic in the psych world- but its definitely a thing- where the children of narcissistic parents have to spend all day validating their mother (or father- whichever is the parent that creates this toxic dynamic).
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

seriously7 wrote:
skyblueandblack wrote:A mirror?? Really? What 8 year old is excited about a simple mirror? Ugh. When she came out with another gift- I was convinced it would be a sewing machine. Did they not get Julie a sewing machine AGAIN?!

Nope, it looks like she never got the machine. Too bad, that would have been a really good gift. There's still one more gift from the Dad, but he picked it up on his business trip so it ain't gonna be a sewing machine.
That is really sad. A sewing machine is such a reasonable gift for her to have asked for. It seems passive aggressive of Ruby not to get it for her.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

skyblueandblack wrote:
Namm wrote:We are not seeing changes but more of who they are as the kids can no longer live up to the perfect, happy ”mormon-dolls image”.

It sounds like he is kissing his mothers ass

I think the kids are just getting older, kids change.

In a year or two when Chad isn't just nodding his head, people will be shocked that he's becoming a teenager and will be calling him bratty.

Maybe i'm blind, but I've watched most of the vlogs and i've never gotten the vibe that she's trying to portray a perfect family. That family is FULL of flaws and she shows their mistakes and problems in every video. There's rarely talk of church, just if there's a special occasion.
The music lessons may be the one thing that makes them look elitist, but I think it's a wonderful skill for the kids to have and she even let Julie switch.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

skyblueandblack wrote:
seriously7 wrote:

That is really sad. A sewing machine is such a reasonable gift for her to have asked for. It seems passive aggressive of Ruby not to get it for her.
It is especially strange considering all the Griffiths girls know how to sew. So I assume a sewing machine would be a grandma Griff approved gift, which I would think Ruby would be all over.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh boy, I could tell that Ruby was hoping Eve would be "legit stuck" to the point that the restaurant staff would have to intervene and it would be a huge deal, but then Chad told her just pull the other way, and she she came right out. Too bad Ruby.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

She's so stupid trying to push evils head thought the gap instead of lifting her up. Good thing her 11 year old is smarter than her.

Also, the correlation between declutter and her popularity makes no sense. Correlation doesn't mean causation, but at this point we know she isn't the brightest cookie in the jar.

I was hoping that Kevin would buy Julie something that is only found in Chile not something you can get in the airport. And Chad now is definitely overreacting for the camera.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I didn't mean perfect as the definition of perfect. More the ”perfect” Griffiths way . She tried early on, to show us how well put everything was. But we called her out cause there was some weird things going on. We even made them pay some attention to Julie.
I just feel that there's an undertone about the Griffiths sisters, and the way their mother has taught them to do certain things. Though their ways sometimes seem strange, even their own kids react, but the sisters just can't be wrong cause their mother who taught them knows everything so there for ”everything is perfect” without actually being perfect.
I agree Ruby never talks about the religion but their whole lifestyle and views are based on their religion, it's obvious.

I just didn't understand peoples overraction to Shari's so called new ways, my response was more towards them, she's a normal teen, just like Chad. The difference is how their mother used to portrait them in the earlier vlogs.
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

OMG I was cringing SO hard when Ruby was saying things were "lit" and "legit" - was she purposely trying to embarrass Shari or did she actually think she was being a cool mom???
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

alexandriablue wrote:OMG I was cringing SO hard when Ruby was saying things were "lit" and "legit" - was she purposely trying to embarrass Shari or did she actually think she was being a cool mom???

She wants to be Shari's friend now that she's older because it's getting harder to discipline her. Plus Shari is abusing her power by refusing to be on camera if she doesn't get what she wants. That's a huge problem with youtube, the kids grow up. Most of the other family vloggers don't have teens yet.

I think Ruby secretly hates that Shari is almost in high school, but she needs her for content.
PurpleButterfly
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PurpleButterfly »

Hi!
I'm new to this board.
Sorry if I write something wrong but English is not my first (or second language).

I whatch them for a while and I must say I don't like Ruby personality, but her husband seems as bad as her.
I love Julie and I was really pissed that Kevin give her the Lego. I don't think it was something that she wanted (like the sewing machine). And I think I heard him saying that will piss Chad, like he made it on porpuse to give to Julie just to see Chad pissed, not because Julie deserved.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

When did Shari start saying "legit"? Also, I'm not a teen, but I've been told that 'legit" is out and has been for a while...so keep up Cool Kat Shari!

Return to “8 Passengers”