Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
longtimelurker24 wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:So I just watched a few of the old videos on Kevin's channel. I've been on the fence about Ruby. But I really think it is clear that Julie is her least favorite child. Even in those old videos, you hear her tone of voice change from Julie's video, to Abby's. Her voice on Abby's video reminded me of how she talks to eve now. Her voice in Julies video doesn't sound quite as delighted by this child.

I used to read Ruby's old blog (private now) and there were a few things on there that came to mind. Julie wore a helmet as a baby and the vibe I picked up from that just seemed neglectful on Ruby's part. (NOT saying babies who need helmets are neglected!)
She has said four kids was her hardest stage, and I wonder if maybe she held a bit of resentment unconsciously toward her fourth baby - Julie. I think Julie got the worn out, frazzled mom who wasn't ready to take on a fourth.
I specifically remember a post on Ruby's blog about Julie being made fun of by her siblings for being smelly. She was probably two at the time. Ruby realized she hadn't been taking care of Julie, so she bathed her and did her hair and put her in a new dress.
Even now, I wish ruby would take more care in Julie's appearance and just love her more. She reminds me of a lost little puppy dog looking for approval and love.

Ruby really annoys me. We can all tell that Julie is a shy and quiet girl who like you said is looking for approval and love...its pretty clear in the videos. Why does her own mum not see it?? I hate that shes separated her from Abbie. Shari doesn't need Abbie and Abbie doesn't need Shari but Julie does. And now when I watch the videos It feels Julie is left out more and more. Now it's Shari chad and Abbie. On Ruby's instagram she put a picture of Abbie saying how she's growing up etc, although I think this is a good thing she is still young and her moving into the room with Shari I think is going to make her grow up too quick into a mini Shari, this I think is a big mistake. Shari is old before her years, she needs to let loose a bit and Abbie is way to young to be copying her sister. Ruby should have put the 3 girls in one room and Shari in her own. Maybe it's just me...but I think children should be children and when parents push them to act older it annoys me.
Ruby doesn't seem to understand age appropriateness. I though the same thing when I saw the Instagram post about Abby. Um, ruby, Abby is still VERY much a girl, no where near being a woman! Ruby treats her little kids as if they are babies and her older children as if they are ready for college. Where's the middle ground?! So strange. And I agree she lets Shari dress and act WAY older than 13!

Edited to add: I guess when you think 18 is an appropriate age to get married, 13 really is "almost" an adult!
Your right she really doesnt understand ages and what children should and should not being doing at their age. Abbie is like what 10ish? Nearly a woman Ruby...are you kidding me? What she's talking about from being a girl to woman I would say is more in the teens like around 16 and still then you are turning into a YOUNG woman. Shari is not a young woman either and frankly is getting a bit to big for her boots and ahead of herself. This is probably not her own doing but more Ruby pushing her to be mature. It really is sad. She acts like a little woman and it's odd. I know she's the oldest and the oldest tend to act more mature but this goes beyond that. Ruby let your children be children, and please let Shari have her own room. She does not need to be guiding Abbie into "womanhood" this young. Julie clearly needs Abbie and you took it away. We all know you want your daughters to be like you and your sisters growing up, but they are different people and what worked for you does not work for your daughters. And the crap about it being good for Julie and Evie is well crap...you look after evie she is your daughter not Julie responsability. The less you take notice of Julie the more it's going to turn around back on you when she's older.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

staceybrax wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:When I was a kid my mom would just set me up on the couch with a small trash can lined with a grocery bag if I was sick. She would never in a million years make me lie on the bathroom floor. This family is really odd though, nothing surprises me anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same, this is what I do with my kids. Put a couple of towels down on the couch for them to lie on, comfy pillow and blanket and trash can in case they need to be sick. Who wants to lie on a cold, hard bathroom floor when they feel miserable? Not me!

That's what my mom did for me when I was a kid and sick. I'd spend the day on the couch, and then she'd typically have me sleep with her at night. To me it, was a nice comforting thing and to her, it was less work to wake me up at night to give me more medicine, and no need to check in on me if I'm right next to her. Kids should be comforted when they're sick or hurt.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

A lot of people on here have said that ruby is now making her kids put on a show for the camera, scripted etc. If you watch the video "chad Hates sharis boyfriend" at the end When all the kids are playing Lego she goes over to Abbie and says look at me and smile, look at me and smile. It's funny but I think everyone's right she trying to show us a "happy perfect" family by setting up scenes. If only she would get that nobody wants to see that they want to see reality.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

It looks like they are working with JHouse on a campaign, maybe publicity for some games, toys? https://www.instagram.com/inhouseteam/
Quite risky to include them with their homophobic point of view.
inhouseteam
All quiet on set...until fun arrives in the form of @jhousevlogs and @8passengers! Gearing up for an ultimate Hasbro Family Face Off #LetTheGamesBegin
Good job, Hasbro!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Ugh, all the kids on the couch looking at puppies to get while poor Nollie sits on that rug ignored made my blood boil.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Okay, is Russell back in diapers? The other day in the vlog there were diapers in the closet, someone in the comments on that vlog said that he was wearing a diaper in the "this isn't fun anymore vlog" and it looked like he was. And today's vlog around the 30 sec mark, you can sort of see what looks like to me a blue diaper top. Maybe I'm imagining it. But, he's what 6? Why does he seem so far behind to me?
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

He's 6? Wow i thought he was 4. It's actually pretty common for kids to need to wear pullups to BED sometimes up until 13! But i dont know why he would be wearing it during the day. Seems odd.

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Russell is 5 and won't be 6 until next July. He may have developmental delays but I hadn't noticed them as being severe. I think Ruby makes what is probably a minor situation a big deal for him. Eve is 3 and still in pull ups because they never followed through with the potty training. They started this way back last summer with her but never committed.

The home schooling has also stopped.
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by savedramafoyomomma8 »

He's definitely in pull ups/diapers in the "this isn't fun anymore" video. The only "delay" these kids have is their mother being in over her head with too many kids. Good grief...in today's vlog Abby tells her she has a hard time sleeping and Ruby seemed shocked. Abby said "I have tried to tell you but you don't listen" so Ruby said I'm listening now...strong work Ruby! In today's blog Ruby said her goal for 2017 was for her home to be calmer so they go ahead and have a wet rag war snapping each other with it. Ummm....ok.
savedramafoyomomma8
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by savedramafoyomomma8 »

I forgot to add she said she is going to up her game with dinner and then serves a one pot meal (soup) AGAIN in tiny bowls. There's nothing wrong with one pot meals but it has to get old to not have any variety. Do these women not know how to make a whole meal....main dish, side salad maybe, some fruit or rice? Bonnie cooks the same way. I don't know how the others are because I don't watch them. Even with breakfast it's either a bowl of bland something or a pancake....no eggs, no fruit, no yogurt.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Honestly! How can she lose her 5 and 3 year old constantly in stores! Why isn't she keeping them right next to her? Maybe keep her eyes on them?! I can understand they are kids and can move fast, but it's every time she goes shopping! And they are always way out of eye sight. Wth?!
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

How did evil end up in the trolley? Did she climb?
Her speech of being a real mom... Barf.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

savedramafoyomomma8 wrote:I forgot to add she said she is going to up her game with dinner and then serves a one pot meal (soup) AGAIN in tiny bowls. There's nothing wrong with one pot meals but it has to get old to not have any variety. Do these women not know how to make a whole meal....main dish, side salad maybe, some fruit or rice? Bonnie cooks the same way. I don't know how the others are because I don't watch them. Even with breakfast it's either a bowl of bland something or a pancake....no eggs, no fruit, no yogurt.
Seems like the only fruit they eat are bananas. Bonnie has all that lovely fruit she canned-- I know it's dead of winter, but jeez!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

I actually enjoy Ruby's channel so actually rarely have snark- but man lately she has given us a lot.

In the second to last blog- I had the same thoughts! Stepping up her game on dinner- but still just soup. No bread. No salad. Just soup. And then how she said she was trying to have more relaxing evenings- but then the wet towel fight. (And don't get me wrong- that
Looked fun and is one of the parts of big families I really enjoy- how something so simple can entertain so many at once- but it just seemed ironic considering her opening to the vlog.

On the most recent vlog- yessss! How often can you lose your kids!?

I also was shocked she showed footage of 10 year old Abby picking her nose when that girl has to go to school everyday with her peers. Seems super insensitive.

I oddly enjoy when she comes across as flawed. I appreciate the rawness. Showing Abby saying her doesn't listen to her - I appreciate that Ruby didn't edit that out. Saying she was changing to have less negative energy in the last vlog- I found that refreshing.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I don't see how she can be so calm after losing her kids. I've seen moms crying, running around frantic, getting the customer service to make announcements. She just walked slowly with no assistance until she stumbled upon them.

Also, how can you be so careless that you don't notice them wandering off. Also why aren't the kids trained to stay near her, most kids are told to stand still.

It's not gonna be so funny when tragedy strikes and she's on the news instead of youtube.

Last thing, those kids are getting real spoiled. Russell can't go to school, but he's sure smart enough to know when sponsor packages come in at the Post Office or when viewer gifts arrive full of treats and candy.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

Thats what makes me think sometimes she "loses" her kids a little bit for show. Like she knows where they are overall in the store- but its just so much more interesting to pretend they were lost! Not that that is even normal... that is odd too. When I am out of the house with kids, they are within my eyesight every single moment we are in a parking lot or store.
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

1 rotisserie chicken and noodles for dinner for 6 six and 1 adult?

She is too calm with her kids going missing in the store. Unless it was staged. Someone in the comments said maybe she disciplines her kids off camera but their behavior is not reflective of that from what she shows on camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

daisy1000 wrote:1 rotisserie chicken and noodles for dinner for 6 six and 1 adult?

She is too calm with her kids going missing in the store. Unless it was staged. Someone in the comments said maybe she disciplines her kids off camera but their behavior is not reflective of that from what she shows on camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I meant 6 kids*
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

I hate to beat a dead horse but l am jaw dropped....this woman thinks it's just life as usual when she looses her 3&5 yr old. I don't get it!!! I am far from a perfect parent and get mistakes happen but l can honestly say l have 3 kids and l have never just lost one off somewhere in the store!!! Something awful is gonna happen! ;-(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

It's not the first time so at this point she just got used to it.
Didn't you see the vlog where she can't find Evil and she is climbed on some shelves because there was a toy house and employees had to find her?
And there are plenty of examples, but hei good footage and they need to buy a new house!

Return to “8 Passengers”