True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by Vincere »

Ruby: Show you everybody's paints!
Is that proper english?

Kevin when he was saying that they are at the point where everyone is content with their career.
What career does Ruby have? Sad is that she makes more money than him.

Nice earrings, too bad she has no clothes to go with them.
OnEDGE
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OnEDGE »

He is happy as can be with the money she makes, it's a load off both of them.
The two older children talking about blackheads at the dinner table was nauseating and should have been sent outdoors to eat.
Ruby looks about 42 yrs. old and he looks 47. They didn't keep their pierced ears clean is what happened.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

The posed happy birthday song was weird. Ruby looks really tired and run down.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

Vincere wrote:Ruby: Show you everybody's paints!
Is that proper english?

Kevin when he was saying that they are at the point where everyone is content with their career.
What career does Ruby have? Sad is that she makes more money than him.

Nice earrings, too bad she has no clothes to go with them.
I actually do think of social media / youtube stuff as a career to be honest- but I realize I'm in the minority.

Okay so here are my thoughts on the vlog:

I think its nice Kevin got her jewelry for her birthday. She is likely bringing in good money at this point for the family and so a romantic gift like jewelry I think is totally the right move. (I'm not even a huge jewelry person- but when I see my husband gets me jewelry- it feels romantic and thoughtful to me.) I couldn't help but notice though that It was earrings. They were pretty... they were nice I suppose. But my mom always told me growing up- in terms of romance- it goes in this order from least romantic to most: earrings, bracelet, necklace, ring. Who honestly knows if my mother was delusional- and kind of passed this irrational perspective onto me- but I have always kind of seen it like that too. Earrings to me say, "I kind of knew I needed to get you jewelry to look sweet and romantic- but I am getting you the least romantic kind of jewelry to passive aggressively say I am unhappy in our marriage." Am I being ridiculous? You can tell me if I am.

I also got confirmation of Grandma Griff's narcissism when Kevin said Grandma Griff helped him pick out the gift- and then Ruby later said that she got Ruby gold earrings too.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I never thought about that but Ruby does make more money than him as a youtuber. It's also obvious that she controls that money.

And OMG I can't believe she's only just turning 35. I don't think she looks extremely old, it's the way she acts and that she has so many kids.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

I just saw Ruby put brand new earrings in her ear without even sanitizing her ears or the jewelry and she wonders why they all get infections. Just because they're new doesn't mean they weren't handled.

She's a dimwit.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

skyblueandblack wrote:
I actually do think of social media / youtube stuff as a career to be honest- but I realize I'm in the minority.
I see YT as a career when you actually produce original content, not just content.
So people who vlog their lives are just narcissists that need external false validation.
If you are a comic and make fun skits (JennaMarbles, nigahiga, smosh), music parodies, something that takes some work and talent then it's a career.

Yes, your jewellery ranking is a bit odd :)) but a lot of things are passed on from our parents that we do without being rational about.
I was reading a story that a husband noticed that his wife would always throw away the last sip of water from her glass.
When he asked her why she said that's how her mother did.
When asked her mother why, she said that her mother did that.
When they asked the grandmother she said that back in her day there would be sediments in the glass so she would throw it away.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Vincere wrote:
skyblueandblack wrote:
I see YT as a career when you actually produce original content, not just content.
So people who vlog their lives are just narcissists that need external false validation.
If you are a comic and make fun skits (JennaMarbles, nigahiga, smosh), music parodies, something that takes some work and talent then it's a career.

Yes, your jewellery ranking is a bit odd :)) but a lot of things are passed on from our parents that we do without being rational about.
I was reading a story that a husband noticed that his wife would always throw away the last sip of water from her glass.
When he asked her why she said that's how her mother did.
When asked her mother why, she said that her mother did that.
When they asked the grandmother she said that back in her day there would be sediments in the glass so she would throw it away.
Yeah no true- it is a bit odd of me hah! But I do feel that way. But the more I thought about it- the more I realize that perhaps Ruby just really really likes earrings. She seems more earring oriented than a lot of women since she insists on continually piercing her young daughters ears despite constant infections.

And that is so funny- as I do that with my water as well. (Altho my husband will tell you I am a horrible backwasher- and honestly there is some truth to that- so I probably do it to protect myself)

I see where are you are going with the concept that YTers who don't create creative content cannot truly consider youtube to be a career- but I disagree on that and think it can still be a career even if the content sucks. Having to have accountability to a schedule I think actually seems kind of overwhelming.

Now someone like Jess- I see that as less than a career because she just wings it and posts when she feels like it- with no rhyme or reason to her approach.

I will agree with you though that posting your family life online makes you mostly a big narcissist tho- definitely!
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

I was watching some of the old Griffith videos again and thought it was interesting how much Ruby looked like Julie here:

And Eve here- which is odd since i don't actually think those two look a like. Genetics are cool:

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Ruby told chad to stop being obnoxious lmao. She should tell shari the same thing.. every sentence shari says starts with "dude" now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:Ruby told chad to stop being obnoxious lmao. She should tell shari the same thing.. every sentence shari says starts with "dude" now.

I was happy to hear that because he is obnoxious and loud. Yes it's his age, but he's just so immature. He seems like a nice kid though.

Shari is changing too, but she's more bratty than annoying.

I bet Ruby wishes her kids were all younger, because she's in for trouble with the 3 older ones.
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

skyblueandblack wrote:I was watching some of the old Griffith videos again and thought it was interesting how much Ruby looked like Julie here:

And Eve here- which is odd since i don't actually think those two look a like. Genetics are cool:

And toddler Shari in one old video looks EXACTLY like Eve. Even their little voices were the same!
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

seriously7 wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:Ruby told chad to stop being obnoxious lmao. She should tell shari the same thing.. every sentence shari says starts with "dude" now.

I was happy to hear that because he is obnoxious and loud. Yes it's his age, but he's just so immature. He seems like a nice kid though.

Shari is changing too, but she's more bratty than annoying.

I bet Ruby wishes her kids were all younger, because she's in for trouble with the 3 older ones.
Shari was annoying when they were lighting the candles and she wouldn't shut up. She just kept talking..Chad is your typical 12? Year old. I work with them and honestly is so used to it I didn't notice him

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

greenfly125 wrote:Ruby's attitude towards Julie has rubbed off onto Shari. I have seen it a couple of time now. How sad.
I totally agree with that, I have seen it too. Shari always acts differently to Julie.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

I thought it was interesting that Kevin went on and on about Jennifer helping him with the gift only to find out it was a pair of earrings, which Jennifer happened to give her a day or two prior... I would be so mad if I was Kevin! He spent a lot of money on those earrings, only to try and be outdone by his own mother in law?

These people are so bizzare.

Shari and Chad were both extra annoying in the vlog. I'm glad Ruby called Chad out, perhaps she should have told shari the same. You could tell she was getting twitchy that they weren't all being the picture perfect family while singing her happy birthday.
cringeworthy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cringeworthy »

I have been lurking for a while and this is my first post! I just couldn't take it anymore... does anyone else thing that Chad and Shari have a odd slightly inappropriate relationship. It feels slightly "flowers in the attic" like. Maybe I am looking into it too much but it just seems off. AND... for Ruby to ask Chad and include in the vlog if he "has hair sprouting" just made my jaw drop.... inappropriate.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

cringeworthy wrote:I have been lurking for a while and this is my first post! I just couldn't take it anymore... does anyone else thing that Chad and Shari have a odd slightly inappropriate relationship. It feels slightly "flowers in the attic" like. Maybe I am looking into it too much but it just seems off. AND... for Ruby to ask Chad and include in the vlog if he "has hair sprouting" just made my jaw drop.... inappropriate.
Thank you for saying exactly what I have been thinking about their relationship!!'
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

"Sing it to me chadddd"

They also like to hold hands a lot

Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Yes, shari and Chad's relationship creeps me out a little bit. How close they always get, always holding hands, shari always wanting him to look a certain way. Me and my brother are very close, and I would die if he acted like them. It's very strange. The whole lot of them are.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

I grew up in a non affectionate family, so I didn't know that it wasn't normal. But yeah their relationship is weird.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”