8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I think it's really great that ruby allows the kids freedom in the kitchen. Chad made breakfast for everyone and Sheri made dinner. That's really awesome. And the fact that Sheri made it all from scratch is really cool!
I don't understand why she thought she could bring her hedgehog to the grocery store. When she first started talking about it I thought they were at a pet store, not the grocery store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sostinkincute
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sostinkincute »

For as book smart as Shari seems, she's not very street smart. First the huge lotion (sorry.. amorphous solid) on the airplane and now a hedgehog in a grocery store. Who does she think she is? I really think this type of behavior is similar to all the Griffiths girls feelings of entitlement. Really frustrating to see how Shari thinks she can get away with just about anything she wants
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

calliepaige84 wrote: I hate when people make these posts. She will now get 100's of comments complimenting her.

#hisday #gingham. i'm dying :D :D :D . jesus comes before gingham...but barely.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

sostinkincute wrote:For as book smart as Shari seems, she's not very street smart. First the huge lotion (sorry.. amorphous solid) on the airplane and now a hedgehog in a grocery store. Who does she think she is? I really think this type of behavior is similar to all the Griffiths girls feelings of entitlement. Really frustrating to see how Shari thinks she can get away with just about anything she wants
I don't watch that much but I feel kind of bad for Shari. She seems very sheltered and like she has to help take care of her siblings and cousins constantly because there are so many. I doubt she'll ever have those fun crazy teenage years because she has to be perfect dependable Shari and such an example as the oldest Griffiths kid. She doesn't even have a few cousins close in age she can be close with like Abby, Julie, and Olivia. Can you see Ruby letting her do lots of things away from the family? I can't. She'll be stuck hanging out with her aunts until she gets married at 20.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I dont think its lack of street smarts as much as it is Shari runs the show at home, and has for a long time and thinks she also runs everything else.
Shari is a complete brat. And I know, shes a teenager, but there is no way I would have gotten away with half the crap she does.

It'll be funny in a few years when Shari has her own teenager who behaves the same as her.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I wonder if Shari still wants to be lawyer. I think she's smart enough for it, but that "rules don't apply to me" mindset is what will set her back in her career.
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Highlighter »

Don't mean to be rude but the older I've become (21 now), the more I've realised why kids like Shari annoy me so much. It's all very well being book-smart and getting good grades, but in this dog-eat-dog world, knowing how to pass exams really isn't enough anymore. You need common sense and Shari's Utah bubble and being treated like she's the Queen of the Mormon Corridor is doing her no favours. I really hope that if she does go to university, she goes to an out-of-state one because even though she'll probably be eaten alive, it's an experience she needs. I'll give it to her that she has the possibility to go far, but she's also a product of her upbringing and I feel that this is going to be a massive obstacle for her.

However, I do also undertand that regardless of her upbringing, she is also a young teenager and I was no better at that age. Moving away from home to go to university in London was a game changing event for me though.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Shari wont go to a typicall college/uni. IF she goes at all it will be to a BYU school. She wont be around anyone different from her.
She likely wont even go to school, if she does it will be to get her Mrs. degree like her mother. Thats all she knows. Thats all her mother knows. Sure Kevin might promote her getting an education now, but when it comes down to it he will encourage her to get married and have babies asap. Thats all he knows as well.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Caisflame wrote:
Eve is doing so much better than Russell in swimming lessons. He still looks terrified in the water.

Not specifically aimed at you, but it is really sad how much hate Russell gets. I honestly can't think of the last time anyone has said a positive thing about him.

I'm curious to see how Ruby reacts if Russell has a hard time in school this year. Will she pull him out to protect him??
overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by overtherainbow »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
overtherainbow wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote: Shit, I have a list. No reason to sit around and be sensitive. Make jokes about it!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
You're not a therapist or a sociologist whose work focus on the effects of stigma. you're not the one to tell people what to say about mentally illnesses just because you're okay with using them as insults.
You might be causing more hurt then good by supporting the stigma of mental illness doing so.
You know where you are right? This is not the place to get butt hurt

I thought this was the place where I call people on their bullshit? because that's what I'm doing now.
I don't care about whatever you think. I just worry for how this is going to effect people who are struggle with mental illness so I have to say something when people are being too stupid about it.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

Was anyone else concerned by how slowly Ruby acted during the gas leak? If you wake up feeling nauseous and smelling gas, shouldn't your first thought be to wake up your children? Not to yammer about your clothing and vlog in your closet. I feel the lines have blurred from Ruby - what is the right thing to do? vs. what will make me more money? I personally feel the second question usually wins.

Also, what is with all the dog shit in her backyard? At the end of the vlog you can see multiple piles of it. Her kids play in that yard everyday, why would you not clean it up?! LAZY.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I was very concerned how slowly Ruby was moving. Then slowly waking up Eve. I thought she would have just just picked her up and got out of the house.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Shari wont go to a typicall college/uni. IF she goes at all it will be to a BYU school. She wont be around anyone different from her.
She likely wont even go to school, if she does it will be to get her Mrs. degree like her mother. Thats all she knows. Thats all her mother knows. Sure Kevin might promote her getting an education now, but when it comes down to it he will encourage her to get married and have babies asap. Thats all he knows as well.
I agree with this. She will most likely get free tuition at BYU since her father is a professor there, so there is no reason to go anywhere else.

I'm surprised Shari and/or Chad haven't expressed interest in having their own vlogging channels yet. I wonder if they will in a few years. The Griffith family loves to promote doing YouTube full-time.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

When you suspect there's a gas leak in your house, you don't take the time to nonchalantly record your plans of sprucing yourself up. And don't wait for your sleeping 3 year old to get up on her own time, you pick her up and take her outside. She's not too big to be picked up. When it comes to gas leaks, things can go bad very quick.
eloise92
Talker
Talker

Unread post by eloise92 »

Caisflame wrote:When you suspect there's a gas leak in your house, you don't take the time to nonchalantly record your plans of sprucing yourself up. And don't wait for your sleeping 3 year old to get up on her own time, you pick her up and take her outside. She's not too big to be picked up. When it comes to gas leaks, things can go bad very quick.
Especially as a gas leak makes you sleepy! You get out ASAP! Especially with little kids! I can't believe how slow she was and how little the kids understood that they needed to get out.

Also why don't they have a carbon monoxide alarm!?
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Can somebody fill me in because I missed something. When did she announce she was re-doing the entire house?? I just realized they are replacing/updating EVERYTHING.

I know that the new house buying fell through but I hadn't noticed they were getting a home makeover, I just thought they had to get a new kitchen because of the smoke fire.

What is going on?
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

strawberry_smoothie wrote:
Also, what is with all the dog shit in her backyard? At the end of the vlog you can see multiple piles of it. Her kids play in that yard everyday, why would you not clean it up?! LAZY.

Not to mention that it probably smelled terrible. How could they eat and swing surrounded by dog shit.

Also poor Nolly, that's her domain since they don't let her inside in the summer and they don't even clean it for her. I hate the way that treat her. There was food all over the place and Ruby just yelled for her to get away, they don't even buy her treats.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cleaning the dog poop from the yard was a chore of mine growing up. All of those kids except Eve (maybe even Russell, some scoops are heavy) are old enough to use a poop scoop and clean it up. Ruby used to be so strict when it came to chores, why not add that as a chore? The kids could rotate weekly or maybe even daily.
its me
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by its me »

seriously7 wrote:
strawberry_smoothie wrote:

Not to mention that it probably smelled terrible. How could they eat and swing surrounded by dog shit.

Also poor Nolly, that's her domain since they don't let her inside in the summer and they don't even clean it for her. I hate the way that treat her. There was food all over the place and Ruby just yelled for her to get away, they don't even buy her treats.
I hate that they leave that poor dog outside in the summer. I was just there in the beginning of the month and it was miserable! So hot and dry and not a bit of wind.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't generally watch-- just follow here. Did she say she smelled gas? Because carbon monoxide is odorless-- which is why you need a detector.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”